Lupus Support Group

Lupus is an auto-immune disease in which the immune system cannot distinguish between threats (like viruses and bacteria), and healthy cells and tissue. As a result, the body produces antibodies that inflict cell damage, most commonly targeting joints, skin, kidneys and the nervous system. Join the group and find support for coping with lupus.

1 Online
  • deleted_user

Vaginal Ulcers

Yeah, this topic might make us blush, but it's part of our reality! Has anybody had experience with these? I have a few times, during flares. They seem to be just like the mouth ulcers. So, I went to the doctor (before I knew I had lupus) and they said, "Any sores in the vaginal area are herpes." That seemed like an unfair statement. They did a blood test that showed that I have the type of...
  • leelee

Diagnosis?

I've been going to doctors every since I can remember. At the age of 5 or 6 I started having real bad headaches that it hurt to move. I was diagnosed with anemia around 6, hypertension at the age of 17 which I've been medicated since. I started having severe chest pain that I thought was a heart attack and was hospitalized twice but a heart attack, panic and anxiety attacks was ruled out by...
  • mysensitiveheart

Frustrated !

It is nearly impossible to get an appointment with a local rhuem . so i am just in worry mode . I have so many painful disorders that my G.P. suspects that the intensity is being caused by the auto-immune issues . He had run a panel for specifically auto-immune diseases and all of my levels were raised . He , of course is not trained to treat me for this and wont . My biggest concern is Lupus ....
  • Finding excellent gifts for friends and family can be tricky, but it can be even trickier when people are sick and not very into the holiday spirit.Here are some good ones to consider in the coming weeks:1) A gift certificate for a spa treatment.  Not everyone loves massages, but there is usually at least one treatment on offer that would make your favorite lupite feel good.2) Dinner out....
  • sksen

New to group, lots of questions!

Hello. I was diagnosed with Lupus after the birth of my second child at 25. Ironically, at the time, I had excellent insurance but other than extreme fatigue, anemia, and MVP, it wasn't really bothering me so I just kind of ignored it. For a long time I thought they might have been wrong, so many people with Lupus were going through so many terrible things and I was, for the most part, okay....
  • mmcmommyof5

Eye Pain

I've recently been diagnosed with Lupus. Mostly it's just been severe joint pain and inflammation. For the past month or so though my eyes have been painful to the touch (like when I rub my lids). One eye was partially red for a few days but that's all for redness. Could this be from the Lupus?
  • deleted_user

swelling on neck

for the past week i have been getting swelling on the left side of my neck.as well as this pain in my groin and side(so bad i can't touch it)all on the same side.doctor gave me antobiotics no't helping.Can anyone help please ,thank u
  • fallingleaves

Sinus Inflamation

Hello allI am miserable  with daily sinus swelling and pain causing headaches.My dr has me on antibiotics and i'm taking over the counter meds ,also netti pot rinses.I am not getting better.the inflamation is so bad and has been bad for 2 months now.i have no mucus in my nose.Just swelling and post nasal drip.Is anyone else here having their lupus attack their sinuses?
  • jenflower

Do any of you have sjogren's syndrome

I am beginning to wonder if I have Sjogren's syndrome. I have been always sensitive to light but over the last 2 months, I have had pain in my eyes. Also, my eyes are watering a lot over the last year. I have always made excuses for it. but over the last 2 weeks, i have been having actual pain in my eyes. It doesn't really go away with closing them. Which is why I went to see the eye doctor...
  • Syeera

This CAN'T be all in my head!

I'm not even sure I belong int his group anymore since so far, no one can tell me what's wrong with me. I just got the rest of my blood test results back. Here are all of them:RF:  
  • lazylegs

Blood Tests

I was diagnosed 11 years ago but I know now that I have had lupus since my teens.  I have constant pain and fatigue but my doctor tells me that my lupus is not active - she is reading my blood test results.  I have read somewhere that disease activity cannot be indicated by those tests.  Does anyone know anything about that?  I live in a remote area of Canada and we don't have a choice in...
  • mysensitiveheart

terrified and hopeless

You can read my other post om this board for some backgound about me . Can someone telll me how they were 1st diagnosed ?. I have elevated ANS (?) levels found out through a specific blood screening . Would anyone be generous and kind enough to share your levels with me ? I zm terified since I have so many other medical issues that are draining every bit of my soul , am in constant chronic pain...
  • mysensitiveheart

New & Terrified

I have a shopping list of disorders that all cause me chronic pain . I fell flat on my back on a concrete floor in Nov . '15 fracturing my already messed up back . I had very simple surgery and am now somewhat fine in that area . The frax .left me with Spondylolisthesis at L4 & L5 and spinal stenosis . I have a rather advanced case of Scoliosis which Iam wondering is causing incredible spasms ,...
  • dagostinod

Frustrated and Depressed

Hi all, I was diagnosed with lupus about 4 years ago and have had relatively stable symptoms in that time; however, in the last 2 years, my symptoms have definitely increased and now include the usual generalized pain, fever, butterfly rash, and ulcers, as well as some new ones, like short-term memory problems. I've also developed pain under my right shoulder blade which is extremely sensitive...
  • hyperpgal

tetanus vaccine and positive ana

Hiya-Does anyone know if getting a tetanus booster can cause positive results on an ana??my new doc KNEW I was going to a rheumy on monday and she insisted I have a booster--now I am reading it can cause a false positive on these tests!! and if you know about it--how long should one wait after the booster to get an ana done so it will be accurate?? thanks for any info!