Lupus Support Group

Lupus is an auto-immune disease in which the immune system cannot distinguish between threats (like viruses and bacteria), and healthy cells and tissue. As a result, the body produces antibodies that inflict cell damage, most commonly targeting joints, skin, kidneys and the nervous system. Join the group and find support for coping with lupus.

0 Online
  • Hawk65

Possible lupus

I have not seen a rheumatologist yet, been seeing a neurologist for symptoms. Have had a variety of symptoms. The big ones are fatigue, nerve pain and leaky feeling in head and chest. Echo for heart and MRI of brain was normal. I have not had a chest x ray. Stomach and GI problems also, with tests showing those are fine. Been discouraged and was wondering if anyone diagnosed with lupus has had...
  • Jenkay75

New here

well my neurologist wants to test me for Lupus and some mixed connective tissue disorder. I'm not too familiar with the symptoms anyone help me I'm scared.
  • gardenchic

Quality of life

Hi folks,i was dx'd with Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, Scleroderma and Polymyosits) and a bunch of other conditions 10 years ago. My main symptoms and joint, lung and fatgue issues. I've managed to work full time through most of that and support myself. I'm finding though that in recent years its been getting harder and harder to take care of myself (my mom does most of my cleaning...
  • leelee

And the symptoms grows as my ANA patterns changes

Hi everyone it's been awhile but I've been trying o maintain of what I remember to be a normal life for me. As the years go by, the symptoms increases. I'm now prepared to go to Rheumy number 3 trying to find out what going on. This week have already started out terrible I feel terrible. The dr. gave me another Rheumatoid panel exam. My ANA still came back positive but my pattern changed from...
  • Dustmite

Blood tests for lupus.

I am new to this site. I picked up my blood tests two days ago. My appt with my new rheumatologist is on the 27th. I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure out these labs. I have a positive ana and a high am rnp (1.9). SED rate of 16. The other Smith extractable nuclear an is 0.9 (2  of those same score) so is this sle , mctd, drug induced lupus?  Any help would be much appreciated. I have...
  • nanny1611

Interesting article about Lupus

Ran across this article today and found it interesting.  Thought you might want to read it also.  Here's the link.http://www.news-medical.net/news/20170210/Research-uncovers-previously-unknown-mechanism-that-could-be-key-to-alternative-lupus-treatment.aspx
  • leelee

Diagnosis?

I've been going to doctors every since I can remember. At the age of 5 or 6 I started having real bad headaches that it hurt to move. I was diagnosed with anemia around 6, hypertension at the age of 17 which I've been medicated since. I started having severe chest pain that I thought was a heart attack and was hospitalized twice but a heart attack, panic and anxiety attacks was ruled out by...
  • rcykb1

Newly Diagnosed

Hi Everyone,I have had mild aches and pains as far back as I can remember but nothing every showed up in blood work until about 5 years when blood work came back positive for ANA and DSdna. I was told I don't have Lupus but some unkown connective tissue disease that might become lupus nephritis the most common desease dsdnsa is found in or science might discover a new disease dsdna is found in......
  • rcykb1

plaquenil

Hi Everyone,I have been taking 400mgs of plaquenil and to day my rhumatologist infomed me that i should reduce the dose becaus the latest research shows that this dose can be toxic. He wants me to be on 300mgs, i should alternate 200mgs and 400mgs daily. Has anyone else been told this?
  • deleted_user

Benlysta

I was on the trial drug for Benlysta but my dose was a small vial every other week that I would inject myself. That trial got cancelled and my doctor put me on the Benlysta that was approved by the FDA which is (I believe) 850mg IV every month. I have taken this for 3 months now and I feel awful! Has anyone taken this drug? any feedback?
  • Connected Research, a family owned and operated market research firm, is currently doing a study for a client that would like to discuss emerging treatments/medications with SLE/Lupus patients.  These one-hour webcam interviews will take place January 11th-20th, and the honoraria for participation is $125.  We are primarily seeking respondents ages 18-56 that have been affected by SLE/Lupus. ...
  • slyster

Ultimate Christmas Gift List for Lupus Sufferers

Finding excellent gifts for friends and family can be tricky, but it can be even trickier when people are sick and not very into the holiday spirit.Here are some good ones to consider in the coming weeks:1) A gift certificate for a spa treatment.  Not everyone loves massages, but there is usually at least one treatment on offer that would make your favorite lupite feel good.2) Dinner out....
  • greentea

Lupus & RA?

Anyone? Newly diagnosed and not on meds yet. Any suggestions, comments on having both of these?
  • panda87

My story

Hello Everyone! I have been struggling with Lupus since I was about 11 or 12 years old, but it took many doctors, some good and some awful, almost 20 years to finally diagnose me. I am now 29. I have had the rashes and body pain since 11. The rashes went away a couple years later and only returned again recently, but the pain just kept getting more and more severe. To make matters worse, I also...
  • deleted_user

Vaginal Ulcers

Yeah, this topic might make us blush, but it's part of our reality! Has anybody had experience with these? I have a few times, during flares. They seem to be just like the mouth ulcers. So, I went to the doctor (before I knew I had lupus) and they said, "Any sores in the vaginal area are herpes." That seemed like an unfair statement. They did a blood test that showed that I have the type of...