Lupus Support Group

Lupus is an auto-immune disease in which the immune system cannot distinguish between threats (like viruses and bacteria), and healthy cells and tissue. As a result, the body produces antibodies that inflict cell damage, most commonly targeting joints, skin, kidneys and the nervous system. Join the group and find support for coping with lupus.

0 Online
  • debracam

hi everyone! I wanted to reach out to others to help me understand lupus. I just got the phone call from the dr today stating I'm in the pre-stages of lupus. He told me we would talk about my long term care in 2 weeks.  It's a lot to process and I hope others will reach out to me to help me understand the every day life of this. Thanks to all in advance for your help 
  • vmi

Hi

Im new to this forum and just wanted to say hi. I've had lupus for about 5 years now. I thought it was time to reach out. 
  • Mbaby286

Lupus an skin irritation

I have lupus fibromyalgia hoshimoto thyroid and ptsd. I just recently start d having issues with my skin being very irritated and itchy all over. I tried different detergent that didn't help. I also have not used or tried any new foods or medicines. Has anyone else gone through this and what over the counter lotions or creams helped? I was thinking maybe some lotion for a bad case of exema would...
  • Hello, my name is Ashley Edwards. I am 24 years old and recently found out that I have Lupus. I am understanding more clearly now as to what it is I have been going through these last several of years and it is refreshing to know that I am not alone.For years I've been battling with excruciating pains (especially in my joints), redness and tenderness in my hands, fingers, feet, toes, elbows,...
  • rcykb1

plaquenil

Hi Everyone,I have been taking 400mgs of plaquenil and to day my rhumatologist infomed me that i should reduce the dose becaus the latest research shows that this dose can be toxic. He wants me to be on 300mgs, i should alternate 200mgs and 400mgs daily. Has anyone else been told this?
  • DeePed79

I was diagnosed 7yrs ago

Im 38 and was diagnosed 7years ago. I believe I had it seens I was a teenager and just didnt know what it was. I always had joint pains and swelling of limbs. When I turned 23years old I started having heavy palpitations and chest pains. My legs felt numb and I was unable to walk for three days. I went to the ER and they gave me flexeril. Since then I went downhill and kept working long hours and...
  • Hello,I was diagnosed with  SLE when I was 23 and now I am 28. I started to experience symptoms when I was 19 years old but the doctors could not figure out what was wrong with me until I was 23 years old. It was kind of a relief because it is better to know what you have then being told you have an unknown condition. Fast forward,  I am a recent graduate from grad school and I have my boards...
  • Katelyn

Weight Gain/Moon Face??

Hi everyone! My name is Katelyn, I am 17 years old, and I was diagnosed with Lupus in April. So far, it has kind of sucked missing school and what not but it definitely could be worse. My main concern as of now is how I look. I understand how superficial that sounds but I look in the mirror and almost don't recognize myself. I have stretch marks all over my body and I felt I just looked terrible...
  • Warrior92

Sdi

Hi. My name is kiki. I am 25 years old and have had lupus since I was 9. With my lupus came depression. I am struggling rn with sdi. I got a dollar raise at my part time job and now they want to fully discontinue my aid instead of decreasing it. I'm literally losing half my income.  Does anyone here have experienced appealing that decision after being on sdi for at least a year? 
  • OrdinaryMeesh

Hello

Im new here ive had lupus for 2 years now still learning how to deal with it all just looking for support i guess from people that understand  how i feel everday.
  • kat1d1d

Malar (Butterfly) Rash - Is it only sunlight??

Hi all!Tossing this out there b/c I've become really frustrated with both my rheumy and my dermotologist. They are both really great but beyond saying "yeah, that's the rash" they are soooo not helpful. No matter how much sunscreen I put on (I do all over body and at least three layers on my face + hat) it never goes away completely. And, the sun only seems to make it kind of worse ... meaning I...
  • deleted_user

Cellcept and anxiety/depression

I have been on 5 mg of Prednisone and added 500 mg of Cellcept for three weeks. I started having anxiety (which I have with higher doses of Pred.) but the longer I took the Cellcept I got increasing anxiety, depression, crying spells, and abnormal thoughts. Even taking 3mg of Klonopin daily did not help and I finally stopped taking it under the advice of my therapist.Has anyone else had this...
  • juliemorrisonsternbe

Flare and extreme fatigue - Fentanyl?

Hi All,I've had RA and lupus for quite a few years. My insurance will no longer cover my Opana ER that I use daily for pain. Dr has switched me to fentanyl patches. I did ok on them the first few weeks but have had this long lasting flare every since i was out in the sun too long last week.  I've slept away many of the last days during the week and just can't seem to get enough sleep. I've had...
  • lisamarie77

Struggling with Lupus

What is the best resource to learn about lupus? I am sick all the time. I have had a second opinion. I feel like I'm drowning.
  • mckvirginia

New here

Hi, I am new to this forum. I was just recently dx with lupus after nearly 3 years of worsening symptoms and "watching" my progress. I thought at first it may be RA, because I had no sx other than all over joint pain and my joints were twisting. I still think I may have early RA,  but a faint tell-tale malar rash and a rheumy who tested ANA finally revealed lupus.  I honestly didnt have lupus...