Lupus Support Group

Lupus is an auto-immune disease in which the immune system cannot distinguish between threats (like viruses and bacteria), and healthy cells and tissue. As a result, the body produces antibodies that inflict cell damage, most commonly targeting joints, skin, kidneys and the nervous system. Join the group and find support for coping with lupus.

0 Online
  • cherokeesister3

Benlysta

I all, i was recently told about a new treatment called Benlysta (belimumab) has anyone else tried this?? would love some feed back Thanks
  • I want to throw this out to the community, as I am undecided which one I'm going to buy for a friend who was recently diagnosed and isn't not thrilled with those plastic, day of the week pill boxes.Which one would you buy?http://www.pillfold.com/products/pillfold-sanibel ORhttp://www.pillfold.com/products/pillfold-zoe ORhttp://www.pillfold.com/products/pillfold-center-pointI will get whichever...
  • mapril228

Plaquenil and increased joint pain

Hi all! I am new to this community. I was diagnosed with lupus as a junior in college and have majority tried to manage my lifestyle so that I can deal with the extreme fatigue and joint pain (went from a 19 year old lifestyle to a 45 year old lifestyle). As a graduate student and soon to be PhD candidate, I can no longer handle the flares and extreme fatigue. Within the last week my doctor put...
  • Loriarreola14

Tired of being tired

I was diagnosed 10 months ago. I am doing alot better now but I just started school and I have a job now. My job was bearable but now I can't go to work because I'm too tired. I find myself sleeping if I don't have any homework and my boyfriend and his family gets upset because they want to spend time with me but I just don't have the energy to do it. I wish there was something I could take. I...
  • LeilaAnn

Lupus

Hey,I have been dealing with lupus and rheumatoid arthritis for years. I try really hard to act like things are ok, but it gets really hard sometimes. I was always very active and I feel guilty a lot because I am not able to do things like I used to. I want to serve others, but I am literally not able to. I am able to get up and go to the bathroom and walk from my bedroom to the living room and I...
  • Syeera

This CAN'T be all in my head!

I'm not even sure I belong int his group anymore since so far, no one can tell me what's wrong with me. I just got the rest of my blood test results back. Here are all of them:RF:  
  • lazylegs

Blood Tests

I was diagnosed 11 years ago but I know now that I have had lupus since my teens.  I have constant pain and fatigue but my doctor tells me that my lupus is not active - she is reading my blood test results.  I have read somewhere that disease activity cannot be indicated by those tests.  Does anyone know anything about that?  I live in a remote area of Canada and we don't have a choice in...
  • Bon67

Plaquenil

Hi all, I have been on Plaquenil about 3 weeks now, it really does a number on my stomach for a couple hours after I take it. Does anyone experience this? and if so, does it go away? I don't know if it is helping my Lupus, I cant tell, but the stomach thing is no fun. I don't want to stop taking it though, because I refuse to take Prednisone. Hope everyone is doing well. ((hugs))
  • theashness

Plaquenil Eye Exam

Has anyone had the special eye exam you have to get when you're on plaquenil? What do I need to expect? My doctor is sending me to a particular place because they have some special machine, so I was wondering how this differs from a usual eye exam. Also, do they dilate the eyes?
  • 5humpsk

hi all. I'm new to the forum and diagnosed 3months ago. I'm on prednisone and  plasmaquine. The joint pain hasn't really improved and I've recently started getting headaches. I've also had bronchitis early in the winter (I live in the Southern Hemisphere) and recovered. How long after starting medication did you all start to feel normal?
  • Perithemis_tenera

Newly Diagnosed

I guess I'm a new member to the "club", getting diagnosed a couple weeks ago. It's really rocked us to the core. I was dx with Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (MCTD) having both Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis. Of course, after the dx, and after researching it and symptoms I now realize that I started having symptoms 20 years ago.Always was given a "non-diagnosis", I'm sure you've all heard the "I...
  • lisamarie77

Struggling with Lupus

What is the best resource to learn about lupus? I am sick all the time. I have had a second opinion. I feel like I'm drowning.
  • larz77

Headaches (back of head), vertigo?

Has anyone else experienced these things with their Lupus? Trying to figure out if it's the Lupus or something else going on....
  • lisalewis73

bed wetting

something very embarrassing happened last night.. i wet the bed! has anyone had this happen to them??thankslisa
  • tazesmom

promethazine

So my doc gave me promethazine for nausea that I am having a problem with when I take my methotrexate,I just went to take one and it says may cause nausea,go figure,also said it my cause drowsiness so I will wait until this eve.and hope it knocks me out I could really use a good nights sleep,Cindy