Lupus Support Group

Lupus is an auto-immune disease in which the immune system cannot distinguish between threats (like viruses and bacteria), and healthy cells and tissue. As a result, the body produces antibodies that inflict cell damage, most commonly targeting joints, skin, kidneys and the nervous system. Join the group and find support for coping with lupus.

1 Online
1 Online
  • What is the best resource to learn about lupus? I am sick all the time. I have had a second opinion. I feel like I'm drowning.
  • lisalewis73

bed wetting

something very embarrassing happened last night.. i wet the bed! has anyone had this happen to them??thankslisa
  • tazesmom

promethazine

So my doc gave me promethazine for nausea that I am having a problem with when I take my methotrexate,I just went to take one and it says may cause nausea,go figure,also said it my cause drowsiness so I will wait until this eve.and hope it knocks me out I could really use a good nights sleep,Cindy
  • I have a gut feeling I may have lupus. Researched symptoms and I have almost every one of them. Rheumatologist says no lupus because my ANA is negative. BUT I have CVID and do not produce antibodies normally. She says what I think is the butterfly rash is rosacea, and explains away other skin issues, as well. She has diagnosed me as sero-negative rheumatoid arthritis and sent me to a...
  • Has anyone else experienced these things with their Lupus? Trying to figure out if it's the Lupus or something else going on....
  • Hi all. Have any of you ever heard of hydrogen peroxide therapy? It's supposed to cure everything. Sounds iffy to me and possibly dangerous.
  • Does anyone else here experience a big lack of support from family with being chronically ill? I was diagnosed in December with UCTD (with more of a lupus presentation, from what they're telling me) and Fibromyalgia and told my parents, husband, and close friends. My husband has been incredible, thank goodness, but my parents, particularly my mom, have not been supportive. My mom NEVER asks me...
  • twinmomab

Methotrexate advice

I have Fibromyalgia and Lupus. My pain has gotten unbearable and I have young twin girls at home to care for. My doctor has suggested Benlysta in the past but I was too scared. Now I've gotten worse and he wants to try Methotrexate. Can anyone offer any advice on why they like or do not like the medicine. I appreciate any comments or suggestions. Even best time to take it or what to...
  • I am in a terrible flare right now, the worst in a really long time. I keep thinking about how much I don't feel like going to work tomorrow. This has me seriously considering filing for FMLA, my job offers for me to use my sick time incrementally for FMLA but I am really worried and stressed because I don't know if that's the way to go. 1. What all do I have to tell them?2. Who will know about...
  • Hello Everyone! I hate to stop in when I am only waiting on a diagnosis. I was tested earlier this week for Lupus ad Rheumatoid Arthritis. Here are a list of symptoms that have begun at different times over the last 2 years:constant head pain in the back of my head (not migraine or tension)bilateral joint pain in fingers all the time (especially in the morning), also on and off in toes, knees,...
  • I found out something from a leader in lupus treatment/research that I didn't know and simply hadn't put together for myself:I was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis many years ago. A while back it flared up something awful. I suffered, and finally went to see a doctor. They suspected an infection - nope, but lots of blood detected. So, months pass, and I mentioned it in passing to said lupus...
  • Syeera

Got Results - Frustrated!

My PCP just messaged me and said my RA and Lupus lab results are unremarkable. Great news, right? No!! It's not that I WANT either of those but I am so frustrated with being in pain all the time and no one can tell me why. Why do doctors stop trying to find a reason after receiving normal test results? It's like - "Well, your labs are fine so carry on! See you next year for your checkup!"...
  • I'm not even sure I belong int his group anymore since so far, no one can tell me what's wrong with me. I just got the rest of my blood test results back. Here are all of them:RF:
  • fallingleaves

dr suspects

hello All new to here I had an appointment today with my endocrinologist.It was a follow up to my Hashimotos.He told me that he "thinks" I have lupus.That it is low grade at the moment and he hopes it does not progress.He told me to get alot of rest and no stress.Im guessing he made this possible diagnosis based on my rhumatoloical progression,widespread arthritis,chronic fatigue.He doesnt think...
  • Shespott

Essential Tremors

Went to a neurologist today because my rheumy insisted. I have had really bad hand tremors that have progressively got worst along with intermittent numbness to the right side of my face. I was so nervous. She has scheduled me later this week for an MRI and an EEG, but she thinks I have hereditary benign essential tremors. They have got so bad lately that they affect my job and daily...