Hypochondria Support Group

Hypochondria refers to excessive worry about having a serious illness. Hypochondria is often characterized by fears that minor bodily symptoms may indicate a serious illness, constant self-examination and self-diagnosis, and a preoccupation with one's body. Many individuals with hypochondriasis express doubt and disbelief in the doctors' diagnosis.

1 Online
  • nyxcolorado

trying to cope

Hi, I'm completely new to this. I'm a 16 year old boy who suffers daily from health anxiety and panic attacks. I have been very stressed ever since I had unprotected sex with my ex-girlfriend half a year ago. I had worry of an STD ever since I started noticing symptoms in my body and privates. So I went to the doctor with my dad. The test came back negative and that temporarily eased my pain....
  • tarasmom51

feeling a nervous wreck

Hi, I am new to this support group, I just had a discussion with my husband about wanting to drink really bad. I am a recovering alcoholic, sober for 26 years. And my hypochondria is really making me angry right now. I go through bouts now and then, and right now I am in the midst of a health anxiety attack..I started out having a feeling of a lump in my throat 2 weeks ago. started with head...
  • abelandcherries

I need coping methods

hey!! so I have been dealing with hypochondria for about 2 months now and they have been pretty rough. Right now I currently think I’m going to have a stroke because my right foot and hand feel numb and I read that those are symptoms. Over the past two months I thought I was having a heart attack, pulmonary embolism, appendicitis. And I have experienced pain and symptoms from this but the...
  • Hi, i need some advice for helping with my brother's aggressive hypochondria. For weeks he is fine, but evey once in a while he gets these panic/anxiety attacks and seals himself off in the dark to try and cope. It hurts seeing him like that, i don't want to see him like that again. Knowing that I can't really help him when he needs it most. I try talking with him to make him think it out...
  • jmacr3

Just trying to get by.

Up until March 2017 I was a happy, healthy individual with only minor issues with depression. In April I went thru am extremely traumatic event. In May I stopped sleeping and had symptoms of PTSD. I should of been hospitalized but sadly chose not to. This led to clinical depression over the summer. Then I became a hypochondriac. Fast forward to now and I am struggling to get by. I have three kids...
  • livingly

Need advice

Hi dose anyone have advice on how to cope with hypochondria. I frequently worry about having all kinds of health problems. Most recently I’ve been worried about having a brain tumor and congestive heart failure. I’ve also been worried about having multiple sclerosis. And most recently I’ve been thinking that I may have aspergers and bi polar disorder but now I’m not sure if I’m really...
  • blueandgreen

Help

Hi I am an 18 year old female, and my mother suffers from anxiety, slight hypochondria, and mild schizophrenia. I don’t know if that had anything to do with me, but I am an extreme hypochondriac. I recently moved away from college, and the stress added on to the fact that I am independent has caused it to get extremely worse, I have an episode every single night, I don’t come to my room until...
  • RemembertoBreathe

My confession

Hi all -- I have been suffering for far too long and have always been a fly on the wall on various anxiety forums. It's time I get real with myself and confront what I am facing in order to give myself a chance to get better. I'm a 30 year old female. I have been suffering from panic disorder since I was 10 years old. Over the years with the invention of google I have spent countless hours...
  • irene7g

New on here, fear of cancer

Been dealing with hypochondria for a few years. Started after having a skin exam a few years ago and having 2 moles removed. One came back as "pre-cancer" (which I know doesn't mean it would've ever turned and they shouldn't be allowed to say the "C-word" unless that's what it is) but it still freaked me out! So since then been so nervous about all of my moles and that I'll get Melanoma. Now, my...
  • teek007

I'm Not Sure if I'm A Hypochondriac

I've never seen a doctor about my fears. I know for a fact I suffer from anxiety but I've never seen anyone about it. Since about 2010 I've had this fear I'm dying of AIDS. Typing it now, it sounds crazy to me...I've been to the doctor since then, of course, and even though no one has said that I have it I always think maybe they forgot to check or maybe they forgot to call me to tell me that I'm...
  • yeswayrozay

so tired of feeling like this

I feel so alone and this makes me want to die but at the same time I'm terrified of dying... people try to help make me feel better but my mind tells me that no matter what anyone says there is a chance they could be wrong and I could be ill with something. I try not to body check so I find myself avoiding my body because once I start looking at my body I can't stop for hours days weeks and then...
  • rya92

Trying not to lose my mind

Hello, my name is Ryan. I am 24 years old and I have been dealing with hypochondriasis since I was 15 years old. It all started after my brothers birthday party. We had eatin a lot of red velvet cake and had cherry kool aid for his party. The next morning when I had my morning bowel movement, the toilet bowl was completely red and I panicked and I've never been the same. I've had blood tests, Ct...
  • Supermindgirl

Does anyone tried a successful treatment for this?

We cant continue living like this!
  • BrokenBridges

Newbie here

Hi, im new to this group.  I grew up with a hypchondric mother and its passed down to me:(  I had surgury last Nov and up until 2 weeks ago I was fine however I developed pelvic and back pain.  Went to dr and they did URINALYSIS and they both came back fine.  So now, Im just tryingto stay off the internet so I dont work myself up.  Its alot worse at night.  Going to local clinic to get...
  • voyager03

Hello, new here and a nervous wreck...

I just wasted two hours worrying that a vein on my head was actaully a lump. Yesterday I wasted the entire morning and afternoon convinced I saw a lump on my two year old's neck and followed him around anxiously waiting to catch glimpses of his neck in the daylight. A few times I actually felt his neck to be sure. Nothing there. The day before that I spent the whole morning worried I'd found a...