Hypochondria Support Group

Hypochondria refers to excessive worry about having a serious illness. Hypochondria is often characterized by fears that minor bodily symptoms may indicate a serious illness, constant self-examination and self-diagnosis, and a preoccupation with one's body. Many individuals with hypochondriasis express doubt and disbelief in the doctors' diagnosis.

1 Online
  • Cnote

Health Anxiety is ruining my life!

So I'm 33 male. I've been battling with anxiety since 2007. Majority of it has been health anxiety, but mostly from the symptoms anxiety can bring.I've been doing so much better with anxiety up until about 3 years ago.3 years ago I started getting erection pain, bladder pain, lower back pain (not all at once). Then i started getting lots of muscle knots that were so painful. I had no explanation...
  • jennymd1980

Extremely Fearful and Anxious

Hello, I'm new here, but not new to health anxiety. I had a baby seven months ago, and my anxiety is through the roof. I have been on an ovarian cancer scare for the last couple of months, pretty much since my period returned after having the baby. I started therapy, still anxious, still googling symptoms. I started Zoloft (25 mg.) 15 days ago, still anxious. Now I'm having intermittent diarrhea...
  • reen2003

feeling lonely in this disorder

Im new to this forum, and am so glad I found it. I', 51 yrs old, female and currently seperated from my husband. My health anxiety has been so horrible lately. I used to run to the dr over every little thing, but now I am terrified of even going to the dr. the last time I went was a little over 2 yrs ago. I went in with a pain in my upper left arm swore I also had chest pains so they did an ekg....
  • MinxZombie

Crazy

I have been dealing with health anxiety for a few years now. It started when I had a costochondritis flare up and somehow managed to convince myself I was having pre-symptoms of a heart attack. I was hanging out with friends at the time and drove myself home, freaking out the whole time. I spent the next 5 hours googling heart attack symptoms, further digging my own grave. By the time I was able...
  • scaredinnyc

Hello, new here

Hi all, this is my first time posting on a support group about my health anxiety. I'm a little scared to talk about this with you all, but I hope I can connect with people here in a positive way. I've been suffering from what seems to be severe health anxiety on and off for about the last two years. When it's off, I feel great and like my normal self. But, when the anxiety is on, I feel...
  • Dev63

Scared

Hello everyone new here, just recently found this site and wasn't going to join but I'm feeling so desperate for advice, I'm 17 years old and I finally built up enough courage to go to a doctor tomorrow with my mom and my boyfriend, I have had hypochondria for I think over a year now since I was 16 and I feel like it is totally ruining me, I can't go one hour without thinking about my health. And...
  • brett

Hypocondria

I've just finished being constipated for 4 days in which the whole time I was wondering if t was colon cancer, or sepsis, now that that is clearing up in worried because I'm dizzy, hot, and having difficulty breathing and my arm hurts like it might be a heart problem. I really wish this would go away I know I'm doing this to myself because it's happened before but I can't help it I need help 
  • dtott316

Please help

Hi everybody. Does anybody have any tips to help with hypochondria? I'm 20 years old and was recently diagnose with hypochondria. It's very bad right now. Any little ache or pain, or side effect on a pill bottle scares me to the point of panic attacks and no sleep. I'm very scared and would just like to get this under control without the help of medication. Please if you have any tips at all...
  • Buzzy

Hello Everyone

I am new here but suffering with Hypochondria for several years now but has gotten so bad the past year since my Fibromyalgia flare ups. I can't take medication cause the side effects I read about throw me into a huge panic attack. I fear I have any form of cancer out there. I think I am in kidney failure cuase I bought those home testing strips due to a UTI and now check myself everytime I go...
  • bluestar8

Hello all

I'm new here and would like to introduce myself. My name is Kat, I'm 38 years old, and have been battling varying degrees of anxiety/hypochondria my entire adult life. I've managed to convince myself that I've had everything from brain cancer to lupus to congestive heart failure, and I've very fortunately been wrong every time. The widespread body pains, muscle spasms, and fatigue induced by the...
  • kmartin96

Help

I have been suffering with this dreadful fear that I have leukemia lately and I have a lot of the symptoms which doesn't help. Should I go to the doctor and also what do you guys do to help it?
  • hunter1979

Hypochondria and Candida

I'll try to keep this short as possible. I've had candida since June or July of 2016, but just found out officially a couple months ago. Symptoms included everything from stomach issues and headaches and fatigue to really bad anxiety. Well I've been taking Nystatin for about a month now in addition to probiotics and vitamins. I'm pretty certain the candida is mostly gone or at least much better,...
  • I am 23 years old and have battled with health anxiety since I was 18. One thing I've realised about health anxiety is that it's a uniquely isolating branch of anxiety - most people you know CAN'T relate to it (especially as a young person like myself - bodily sensations and the fear of illness really aren't something people of my age group are usually worrying about). I feel like things like...
  • lafalot

Frustrated

good morning!long time suffferer of hypochondria.  I find myself waking up feeling fantastic.  The second I get out of bed, the anxiety sets in.  Physically the areas of my Jody that I focus on the most just start to hurt!   It's very frustrated and makes me feel like I just want to stay in bed all day.  Anyone else share my story?
  • dalifan12

Extreme hypochondria

every few years I get hit with this severe hypochondria .:: I'm so scared that any second I'm just going to drop dead.. every little pain I'm scared it's some terminal illness.. I am so scared of dying young .. I'm 23 right now. I do have gerd and a rapid heart beat and I had my gal bladder removed.. otherwise I don't have anything serious .. that I know of. I see my general doctor in a few...