Hypochondria Support Group

Hypochondria refers to excessive worry about having a serious illness. Hypochondria is often characterized by fears that minor bodily symptoms may indicate a serious illness, constant self-examination and self-diagnosis, and a preoccupation with one's body. Many individuals with hypochondriasis express doubt and disbelief in the doctors' diagnosis.

1 Online
1 Online
  • sumotherguy

Panic got me

I have spent most of the night in front of the bathroom mirror obsessively checking myself and google searching. I honestly feel so gross right now. Drained mentally and physically. How doninatipnthis cycle of needing to check things out?Im afraid to sleep because if I do something will happen.
  • nikki4133

Self diagnosis on the regular

Any slight variation in lab work would look normal to someone else, but to me, I feel like it's the end of the world and I do daily research on every medical thing I have self diagnosed. I hear self diagnosis is life destroying and I can see why. It's an awful feeling when you think everything is wrong with you.
  • chordman

new group member...

Just found this group and had to join. Been facing this for a few years now...its good to have some people to "cope" with! I think we all learn from communication, so this is a perfect place!
  • Hello, everyone. I am young (16) but I have pretty crippling anxiety about health. My mom told me I should keep a journal first, so this is kind of the solution. It started like three months ago when one of my band friends got the flu. I've had really bad emetophobia since as far back as I can remember and I am still terrified to this day that everything that happens in my stomach is the stomach...
  • Julia1953

Here we go...

Geez, I hate being a hypochondriac. I always have been, but lately it's worse. I've had one (minor) medical upset after another since May, and it is just getting to me. I had blood work done twice and it came back good. I had a UTI 3 weeks ago but it cleared up. Then I got a wisdom tooth pulled on Tuesday and it broke, and the dentist literally had to dig and drill pieces of it out of my jaw. I...
  • hey everyone! I am a 22 year old female who is currently in graduate school, getting married, has a puppy, I have it all really..... I have it all and I am so blessed but I constantly ruin my happiness by this daily overwhelming fear of something physically being wrong w me every single day. I've noticed my hypochondria tendencies for the last several months now. It started w rib pain, tightness...
  • Hi all! I'm new here and am really struggling. I'm a 31 year old female, married with an 8 month old and 2 1/2 year old. For the past 2 months my hypochondria has been very obsessive. It's ruining my life. I can't concentrate on my family or any hobbies. It all started with back pain which I went to the doctor for, it went away and then abdomen pain in the right lower quadrant came on. After...
  • Hi all! I'm new here and am really struggling. I'm a 31 year old female, married with an 8 month old and 2 1/2 year old. For the past 2 months my hypochondria has been very obsessive. It's ruining my life. I can't concentrate on my family or any hobbies. It all started with back pain which I went to the doctor for, it went away and then abdomen pain in the right lower quadrant came on. After...
  • Sweets71

Illness phobia is ruining my life

I have been in hell for almost 8 years now and that is exactly what hypochondria is, hell. Every unexpained lump, bump, ache and pain is surely cancer of some kind. Even as I type this, I am sure I have breast cancer and God only knows which cancer is growing in my rib and abdomin. What's even worse is I have iatrophobia, the phobia of anything or anyone in the medical field. Talk about feeling...
  • Tdonel

New here

Good morningSorry glad that I have someone to share my feelings with. For the last 2 months I have been putting other people problems and symptoms on me. My father had a stroke last year and may made a year from his first stroke. Thankfully he survived. But around the anniversary of it I thought I was having a stroke. The more I thought about it. The more I felt the symptons. It was so bad that I...
  • Julia1953

Meet your leader :)

I don't know anyone who is a worse hypochondriac than I am. I was a very sickly child, the doc told my mom I wouldn't live to see 13 (I'm 62) and I think that's where the hypochondria comes from. Any little cough or sneeze when I was a kid made my mom instantly run me to the doctor, and I firmly believe I'm like Pavlov's Dog in that I am "conditioned" to panic and hypochondria if I have even the...
  • Hello! We are researchers at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience at King's College London located in Denmark Hill. Currently, we are looking for participants to take part in our study examining a new computer-based therapeutic procedure, "Cognitive Bias Modification for Paranoia" (CBM-pa), which encourages individuals to develop alternative ways of interpreting ambiguous...
  • Csturk

Teen hypochondriac

Lately I have been struggling with hypochondria. I am a 13 year old female. Everyone treats this as a joke but to me it's serious. Its like an addiction to search up diseases as soon as I feel a slight pain. They are usually cancers that I assume I have (sense that's the most deadly deseas in my head). I have no clue idea what triggered this. But I remember when I was in first grade I used to cry...
  • jterz1

Convinced I Have HIV after Testing Negative

Hey all. This is my first time on an internet support forum. Just some background: my had a few sexual experiences with other males recently, but have ALWAYS been protected during sex. I felt this same anxiety about a week ago and got a rapid HIV test--it came back negative. I haven't had any sexual experiences after that. Three days ago I had a sore throat. The next day I went to an urgent care...
  • trevor

Lifelong hypochondriac

I am not new to hypochondria. It started when I was 15. Now I am 32. My latest worry is of HIV, as I recently perfomed oral sex on someone after some rough kissing. Exactly after 9 days, I developed cold-like symptoms, with sore throat and cough. It was gone in a week. I am convinced it's HIV but most tell me that my exposure was low risk and that HIV ARS tends to be flu-like, not cold-like. Here...