Gay Parenting Support Group

Gay parenting has been an important issue over the past few years. Over 34% of lesbian mothers have at least one child residing in their home and 22% of gay men have at least one child living with them. Together there are 6 to 10 million gay parents that are caring for between 6 and 14 million children.

0 Online
  • bubbers14

How to get in?

my wife and I have Three small children, the youngest being a year and a half. My wife stays at home with the kids while i work two jobs, and it’s really tough on many sides. Since my wife and kids are together literally 24/7, and I’m only around 1, maybe 2 days a week, it’s really difficult to have meaningful interaction with my kids. I feel like I’m just following around behind them and...
  • https://www.gofundme.com/tabrz8-my-family-and-i-need-your-help
  • My girlfriend has been a huge part of me and my son's life for the last 2 years. In the last few months I have tried to come out to him and explain that my partner and I are more than friends and that she is my girlfriend. This has been very difficult for me because I feel he is in denial I have tried to explain that my gf and I love each other, care about each other are more than friends but...
  • DrRaskel

Lesbian parent of Teen girls

What apps can I use to monitor my teen's devices without looking like I am too controlling? I want to look out for safety and obvious things like sexting and inappropriate photos, but mostly I want to keep her safe. Ideas? 
  • Strugglingwithmum

Girlfriend is jealous of me

I am currently on a relationship who has a beautiful daughter. We are going onto nearly two years now and are talking about buying out first home together. My relationship with her daughter is amazing and I treasure every second we spend together. My partnersister ex (the father of the child) is a pretty horrible man and constantly puts her down and tells her she's a bad mum constantly. Which I...
  • So I just married my best friend on Saturday and we have been together for 3 years she has three children from a previous marriage and we have one foster child that I am desperately wanting to adopt so most of the drama has to deal with bio mom because she is not stepped up and done anything the whole year that I've had her she has but me one small package of diapers and she considers herself...
  • DrRaskel

Foster to adopt?

My wife and I after 27 and a half years together have decided to have kids. Only, we want to foster LGBT teens and eventually adopt. We are excited, a little anxious, and more than ready for the challenge. Is there anyone else out there with experiences, (good and bad) that would share with us your stories. thank you!!!
  • Happyness

Next step

Me and my girlfriend been together 7 years and she has a 7 in a half daughter I look at as my own issues was not in the picture when she had her we met when she was a toddler. My girlfriend and baby father have they own issues with each other but her daughter looked at me as her parent also. But now there has become some issues in our relationship with my girlfriend that may split us up and I...
  • fridanyc

Having my child around my partner

I was recently outted to my parents as being a lesbian. I had previously been in a relationship with a man for over 7 years and we have a son together who is now 7 years old. We broke up almost 2 years ago and during that time I met my girlfriend. My parents are upset about my sexual identity. Im hoping with time they can be understanding (I just came out to them less than a week ago). One of...
  • supportseeking

Am I wrong?

I have been with my partner on and off for 12 years and very 100% for the last 4 years. She has an 8 year old son that I have been like a mother to him since I found out she was pregnant. I have never seen myself as a step mother even though he does have a mother and father. I have always seen him as my own son, however when it comes to feeling like I am a mother it is not there. I am worried he...
  • fridanyc

Reaching a breaking point

I am at my wits end and so tired of dealing with the same things. My partner returned from a trip out of town yesterday and her mother threw her a welcome back bbq. I attended along with my son. My sons father became enraged after learning I had taken my son to the to my partners house especially because it was fathers day. Just to be clear he expressed wanting to see our son on fathers day,...
  • mammag24

Telling toddler there is no daddy

I need help. I have a 3 y/o granddaughter and my daughter didn't tell the father she was pregnant. My daughter is gay. She is now in a relationship with another woman ( we don't get along because of her drinking- not the gay factor) and they just moved in together w/ my gd and she calls the gf mommy also. I told me daughter she should have another name like Mimi or something because I never...
  • deleted_user

How do I approach my child?

My daughter, who just turned 12, has always been scruffy tomboy. Both of her closest friends are female, one a girly girl and one a tomboy. They happen to be sisters. Because they have been friends for nearly 5 years, they are extremely close, and have been known to hold hands and cuddle in bed together, etc... We have always teased them about being gay . I am bisexual, my brother and 2 cousins...
  • kherrbearsmom

Second Parent Adoption

Greetings!! My partner and I are the parents of a beautiful, 10 1/2 month old baby girl and want us both to have "equal" parental rights. We live in TN and once consulted a lawyer who basically told us the likelihood of a judge approving a second-parent adoption was pretty slim. We are in the process of beginning to write our wills and such but want something in writing that can legally bind me...
  • itsasecreteyet

im the child

hi, i would really aprecciate some advice of what thing i could tell to my parents, im 14, im bisexual but im not confused, its not a phase i am who i am and who ive always been, so, as this is a group of Gay parenting, and i do not have my parents support i would be glad to hear(read) some advice from you..thank you very much for your time