Epilepsy & Seizures Support Group

Epilepsy (often referred to as a seizure disorder) is a chronic neurological condition characterized by recurrent unprovoked seizures. It is commonly controlled with medication, although surgical methods are used as well. Seizures (or convulsions) are temporary abnormal electrophysiologic phenomena of the brain, resulting in abnormal synchronization of electrical neuronal activity.

0 Online
  • madhattedmadness

Anyone else get paranoid?

I have been seizure free for quite some time, and I am currently not on medication... But I stress a lot if I can't sleep or if I am well..under a lot of stress... I have had a couple of panic attacks lately from my anxiety, and probably from the lack of sleep from my Glaucoma stresses...But does anyone else, who may be off medication worry about having a seizure on the bus, or while walking or...
  • Hi! We are looking for 4 participants who have epilepsy for a market research interview via web and telephone. If you are interested , please email me at jpineda@focusinsite.com with your contact information. The interviews are at various times on Monday Feb 20th, Tuesday Feb 21st and Wednesday Feb 22nd and pay $125.00 via check for your participation. You MUST have a computer with a webcam or...
  • rrosinski10

Epilepsy and Depression

I have noticed lately that I have become more down about my life even though things are going good. I am almost 4 years seizure free, I graduated college and I finally got a job, so there is nothing really to be upset about. It seems to be the little things that get me down and keep me down. I am in constant fear that my seizures will pick up again. They are so unpredictable. I don't know why I...
  • deleted_user

Jobs out there for epileptics who can't drive?

I am in need of a job but I can't drive and having seizures at work doesn't help. I haven't had a job for awhile and I was wondering if anyone new how to go about finding a job when you can't drive or are likely to have a seizure at work. I would really like to make an income soon so I can move out but I don't know how to get around or who would hire me or where I should start looking. I'm used...
  • cobra427dan

Provoked Seizure

Hello all,I apologize in advance for the length of the post!Back in August at the tender age of 57 I had a Grand Mal seizure. I've never had a seizure before and needless to say it was frightening not just for me, but even more so for my wife who watched it happen. I was just laying in bed watching tv and we had just finished a snack of blueberries and Greek yogurt. My wife asked if she could...
  • deleted_user

PNES

Do any of you suffer freom or have you even heard of pyscological non epileptic seizures? I was diagnosed with epilepsy thirty years ago and had complex partial then after surgery had partial. For the past three have been seizure free. Well just recently the non epileptic ones started. They are similar to grandmal at times but usually I just move the mouth legs and hands. I guess it is all an...
  • hauntedgirl25

Was it a seisure?

I was diognosed with simple partial seizures some years ago. A few days ago I was with my partner and his daughter. He was driving and I felt like someone had drugged me,I hadnt felt tired previous and Id had a good sleep the night before. I saw flashing lights behind my eyes and extremly sleepy,I couldnt move or communicate at all. My body went limp but I had no convulsions like I normally do....
  • Ginge

24 hours?

I've had roughly over a handful of seizures in the past 2 years and only was diagnosed with clonic epilepsy in February. I can never get used to them but for the past 24 hours I've been feeling one coming on and it's gone from really bad jerking to slurred speach to nothing. When I get some rest I'm grand then 20 mins later I'm back to square one and feel it coming on again. Anyone else get this?...
  • sanray

New and afraid

I had my first bad seizure at work this past Friday. Luckily I work in a medical facility and our nurses said it was a very bad one and lasted a long time. I don't remember anything until I came to in the hospital. It is now Tuesday, four days later and I am still fuzzy headed and confused. I have severe pain under my right eye up into my forehead. I moved to Florida last April and have no...
  • Ginge

Medication?

Anyone on Lamictal?
  • Hi I'm new to this group. I have both cerebral palsy and epilepsy.I am wondering if the problem I have been experiencing is from to little of a dosage. I will be seeing my family doctor in just under a month but would like to know if anyone else has experienced thisLast week I experienced tingling in my hands it starts in my left less funtional hand then the right hand starts to in time they...
  • Saratoga

Store theft detectors.

I'm curious if anyone else sets off the theft detectors in stores, I've done it since they first came out and I've noticed as the frequency of my episodes increase, the distance I need to get from them before they go off decreases.They are sending me in for a EEG. I passed out for no apparent reason a few months ago, not the first time but it was the first time I didn't regain consciousness...
  • Razor91

MRI Scan

So, my doctor is sending me for a scan I think to cancel out the possibility of Epilepsy but I was just wondering on how doctors can tell whether or not from I'm guessing the shading, I'm confused about how they can tell?
  • debraschelthoff

Epilepsy Diagnosis and Personality Change?

Would be interested to know if anyone has experience with this or insight.
  • ruthgrps

is this site used anymore?

Is this site used anymore