Endometriosis Support Group

Endometriosis is a common medical condition where the tissue lining the uterus is found outside of the uterus, typically affecting other organs in the pelvis. The condition can lead to serious health problems, primarily pain and infertility. A major symptom of endometriosis is pain, mostly in the lower abdomen, lower back, and pelvic area.

0 Online
  • lucillegem

in shock

had my ultrasound done, and the results confused me.A year ago, I had 2 cysts left and right. Now apparently the left cyst is gone BUT the right cyst grew bigger???? did the cysts like merge into one?? (bad joke)but im just in shock, anyone have a similar experience??
  • justjakes88

New to the group

Hello everyone. I am new to the group and just looking to see if anyone is experiencing what I am. I am 29 years old and was diagnosed with endo about a year and a half ago. I have always had painful periods, even though I have been on the pill since I was 19. Endo is hereditary in my female, my mother had it and had a full hysterectomy in her late 40s. I got diagnosed due to pain and numbness in...
  • Hi friends...Wondering if any of you have chosen to get off of a medication for endometriosis. After many years on Norethindrone (and not having a period), I decided it was time to get off and see if I could do life without it. I'm in my late 30s and felt like it was worth seeing. After 6 months of being off the med, I've found that two weeks out of each month I have major mood swings, anxiety...
  • staypositive

Anxiety

Hi, this is my first time talking to anyone else who knows what I am going through. So I’ll start off by saying I am 21 years old and was recently diagnosed with endo. I had a laparoscopic surgery in July and had been suffering from extreme pain for years along with cysts and more recently stomach problems. I made the mistake of thinking that after my surgery something would change. I started...
  • TheSlowDancer

Cost of Diagnostic Laparoscopy

Hi all,I've been scheduled for my first laparoscopy first week of December. I have private health insurance but I haven't been with them long enough for them to cover a "pre existing" diagnostic surgery. Unfortunately due to life circumstances and a business launch in January I cant wait for the public system to schedule me in their time as a category 2 (3-9 month wait).I've been left with...
  • Stephieb28

Exercise and Endometriosis

Hi everyone! As with likely many of you out there, I have been through hell and back with endometriosis. I'm at the point where I was told try lupron or start thinking about trying for a family. My boyfriend and I were both not comfortable with lupron and i have a close friend with endo who vehemently told me she would never ever recommend it to anybody, I've also read horror stories. That being...
  • KCendo

New Here & to End - Laparoscopy Question

Hi all!I am new to this group and to endometriosis. I am a 30 year old female and have had horrible, irregular periods for the last 6 years or so with pain off and on for many years. The last 6 months or so my pain has become constant and really bad and pain with sex is horrible. My perivious doctor kept insisting that the pain was from my IUD even though I didn't have any issues with it for...
  • CrysMB880

Endo AND Visanne...

Hi Ladies!I'm new to the group and am looking to get some answers with regards to Visanne and the amount of help it has provided others with their Endometriosis, as well as the side effects that I am experiencing.I've been taking Visanne for 8 days and have experienced pretty severe bleeding, cramping, headaches, nausea, and a MASSIVE acne breakout. I've contacted my OBGYN and he has explained to...
  • vlbaldwin

Lupron or surgery

Hi all! This is my first post. I have battled Endometriosis for as long as I can remember. I was diagnosed at 17. I’ve had lap surgery, hormone treatment with birth control pills, a partial hysterectomy 3 years ago, and silver nitrate treatments. Now, my symptoms have returned worse than ever. I’m 37 now. This is more debilitating than I ever remember. My GYN is suggesting Lupron with...
  • bellerose

Recovering from second Lap surgery

Hello all! I'm new to the group and thought I'd reach out. I've had endo since I was 10, I'm almost 21 now. I just had my second surgery almost four weeks ago. I've still been having problems and terrible pains... lately I've been so stressed about it because I feel like I'll never live normally. It effects every area of my life, and I know most of you can relate!Ive been dating my boyfriend for...
  • Becca_c

New to the group and needing suggestion

Hi, Im Becca ,24 and new here looking for suggestions or answers. I've always had significantly painful irregular periods since puberty to the point of going to the hospital thinking somthing is really wrong and getting told it was cysts on my ovaries causing the pain and birthcontrol would make it go away or they dont know whats wrong its all in my head. 6 birthcontrol pills later and...
  • Katie1991

Mri and maybe laposcomy

Hi all. Doctor sent me for ultrasound as thinks I might have endometriosis. Went to gynecologist today after something turned up on my ultrasound of a thick lining in my womb. She did a scan and thinks it may be a fibroid. She has scheduled me for an MRI to further investigate, which may lead onto a laposcomy. I'm so sick of feeling like this, she said hopefully the pain will just stop before we...
  • jess55

Looking for answers..

hey! My name is Jess I’m 21 years old. I was told a year ago I may have endometriosis. My ob wants me to get a lap done and I’ve been procrastinating on it bc I’m terrified of surgery... but of course I’ve been having chronic pelvic pain for the past 2 years. It hasn’t all been that bad, only when it gets about a week or two close to my monthly it flares up. My question is about the...
  • deleted_user

Bad Day Rant :(

I guess sometimes we all need a rant, right? I found out some very disheartening news today. I think I have previously mentioned on the board here that I have had aspirations to work in the intelligence community for quite a few years. I have applied to every intelligence agency imaginable, but my heart has always belonged to working with the FBI. I have also applied to the Army, Air Force,...
  • lucillegem

Medical Exams

I have an ultrasound coming up, and I am anxious about it since its painful for me. Does anyone else have pain when getting medical exams?  :( I tend to avoid them because it hurts, esp. as I think one of my symptoms of endometriosis is bladder control. I get pain from a "not so full bladder", and just imagine having to be forced to drink water and have someone push on your pelvic area, its...