Endometriosis Support Group

Endometriosis is a common medical condition where the tissue lining the uterus is found outside of the uterus, typically affecting other organs in the pelvis. The condition can lead to serious health problems, primarily pain and infertility. A major symptom of endometriosis is pain, mostly in the lower abdomen, lower back, and pelvic area.

0 Online
0 Online
  • juleshxx19

advice please

Hi everyone, I am 20 years old now and have had extremely painful periods since I first started my cycle at 12. It was so bad I would miss school almost every month, vomit, need pain relief and constant heating pads. I went on birth control as soon as I turned 18, and my painful periods went away. I am only now learning that my mom has endometriosis and her decription of it and the info I've...
  • HI I am new to the group been diagonised with endo 2 years ago, w surgery and countless years of infertility. My doctor removed the endo along w fibriods. After a long recovery, I know I feel it coming back the pain my left pelvic region is constant and keeping me up at night. My husband and family as great as they are don't really get it. I've been feeling so off every 2 weeks before my period...
  • Charixma

Pain Management Successful?

Hello All, Just had my very first laparoscopy yesterday with confirmation of endo which we had long suspected. The doctor even said that "your organs were sort of stuck together on the left side." It's such a relief to finally hear that you're not crazy, this was not all in your head and your pain is actually real.However, I still get the sense that, even despite all of this evidence, my pain is...
  • Sega117

Help

Hello there. It's 2:30am where I am. My house is quiet, save for my other half snoring next to me and my dog whimpering softly at my feet. I can't sleep, no matter how long I lay here with my eyes closed and counting sheep. I was diagnosed with endometriosis 2 years ago. Recently, after having a few doctors unwilling to help, I switched to a new OBGYN. In an effort to try to help with my...
  • Perseveres

Anyone Try Gerson Therapy?

I'm curious about it but have been disappointed so many times that I just don't know if it would be worth the time and money to do it. Also, thanks to Endo/IBS, I can't consume much of the foods used in juicing without suffering horrific pain.Wondering if you know any ladies whom have had success with this.http://gerson.org/gerpress/the-gerson-therapy/
  • KSprizzle89

Hysterectomy

Hello lovely ladies!!!I'm thinking of having a hysterectomy. Just being done with everything. I don't think my life plan involves children, although I have always liked the idea of having them and being diagnosed with endo made me almost want them more, thinking that I couldn't have them. Lately though, my sights have been set on different things - travel, early retirement, self sustainable...
  • I've been trying to get pregnant for three months and am just wondering if my stage 3 endometriosis is going to prevent a pregnancy from happening. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • ssf93

Endo pain/dysmenorrhea/sex

Hi! I am 23 and I have had diagnosed Endo since about 2012- but been treated for it since about 2011, since I was 18, and I think had it since starting menstruating at 11 years old. I started with birth control, then moved to an IUD (no periods!) (Mirena) and a laparoscopy in December 2013, which helped greatly (I want to say I was Stage 3?). Adhesions returned, of course, and I had a robotic...
  • Hi I have had endometriosis for 12 years now and have today been diagnosed as having pelvic congestion syndrome aswell. Not sure what to make of it all my only option at present is to go back onto the depo injection which I'm really not looking forward to as I'd just started to loose some weight which I'm now going to pile back on. The worse thing is the pain is now so unbearable and...
  • endomom

endo and hot flashes

Hello,I am wondering if anyone else has hot flahes. I was diagnosed with endo in 2012 and had surgery the same year. I was put on the bc pill Alesse and taking it back to back and having a period every 3 months. Recently,I noticed that my periods have become alot lighter. In fact I have been off the pill this week to have my period after 3 months but I havent really had much of a period this...
  • aslaimee

What to do next?

Hi guys! My name is Aimee and I'm 22. I was "diagnosed" when I was 14, and I say "diagnosed" because I've never had surgery to confirm. My mom had endometriosis growing up and I remember her being in so much pain, and thought it was normal. I got my period at 12 and was diagnosed two years later when my mom started noticing I was missing a lot of school the same time every month. My GYN is...
  • I will try to be brief:-October 28, 2015 first laparoscopy/ mild endometriosis found/ mirena IUD inserted at the same time-November 2015 to September 2016 I have tried the following therapies to cope with and understand the chronic pain in my low back/sacrum/tail bone: PFPT (7 months), work out/ eat better, hypnotherapy, visceral manipulation, I have seen a neurologist and PM and R for...
  • marissatalbott

What do I do next?

I just currently had my second laproscopic surgery on May 27th. I have been on every birth control out there including the lupron shot. They put in the merina iud for the second time and once again my body is throwing out all kinds of horrible side effects. The doctors demand that I need to be on BC but my body says otherwise. What should I do as my next step? I am at a total loss. I was...
  • Mandolin

Anxious and waiting.

Hello. My name is Amanda and I'm 32 years old. I was diagnosed with severe (stage 4) endometriosis at age 13 after battling terrible heavy periods and chronic pain for 5 years at that point. I have had 9 laps, and 1 ectopic miscarriage. (VERY) Long story short, I have a 4-year-old son who was conceived naturally years after my ectopic. Once my son was born I began a new therapy (since oral...
  • ashleyeliza314

Lupron?

I am twenty-two and have had three laparoscopies over the last four or five years. I have continually been on implanon or nexplanon birth control, as estrogen makes my symptoms worse. The birth control helps but recently my symptoms have become terrible. My adhesions usually affect my bowel and it causes gastrointestinal issues and a tugging feeling. Additionally, my pain is out of control. I...