Eating Disorders Support Group

Eating disorders are marked by an obsessive need to control the intake and/or purging of food. This community is dedicated to those struggling on the road to recovery. Join to discuss your experience with others and find support. Get advice, ask questions, and meet others who are going through similar struggles.

0 Online
  • MelindaK.3

Getting better. Slowly

My mindset is improving I think! I also met this amazing person who makes me feel completely okay, he's making me want to take care of myself because if I'm hurt, he's hurt, an I never want that, so yeah!I fell sick two weeks ago though and lost all the weight, plus more, that I had gained. But that's okay! I can finally eat now! Not a whole lot, but I'm not dizzy, weak, and on the verge of...
  • Laya

It's been 9 days.

So it has been nine days and I haven't been binge eating. Well part of me wants to give in today and just binge eat, but then the other part of me wants to try to keep going and not do this. I am not sure what to do, that is why I am posting this.
  • grace4352

Relapse

Relapsed last night. I don't think it will happen again because I don't enjoy throwing up but I feel myself emotional eating/overeating. I just want a normal relationship with food. I don't like my body but I know I'll never lose weight if I don't find motivation to get up and do anything or form the right relationship with food. 
  • samdale

relapsing

throughout middle scholl i had severe anorexia and bulimia. i wouldnt eat breakfast lunch or dinner i would only eat partials of dinner,i would have snacks like a few saltine crackers but they would never stay down. i am having the feeling as if i am going to relapse, (i am now a spohmore in highschool) i know i am a good healthy weight but the kids at school are so awful. there has been a a lot...
  • hope13

Counseling

In less than a week I will start seeing a psychologist they specializes in eating disorders. I'm not going to be able to still see my regular counselor anymore for ethical reasons since I will be seeing a psychologist. I'm very nervous and stressed because it's over $100 a session and she doesn't take insurance. I'm really nervous about getting help for my eating disorder. 
  • shortysena1

Helpful site and app.

It's amazing how a site like this is one minute helpful then others triggering.  I leave to be not triggered.  I always come back because it helps me feel understudied.  I also found a wonderful site that has an app for your phone.  The site is recoverywarriors. Com the app is called rise up.  If found these helpful if anyone is interested.  Hopefully everyone had a better holiday, and...
  • redfoxgal

New to this

Hey everyone,I'm new to this site, and looking for some support! I've struggled with anorexia for almost 2 years now, and I'm 20 years old. I recently relapsed, and am in recovery on my winter break home from college. Have lots of love and support, but still really struggling. I've been feeling pretty depressed lately as I fight to recover, it takes a LOT of energy. My eating disorder is not...
  • raps21

I need help

I'm 20 years old, and I'm a sophomore in college. I've always struggled with body image, ever since I was a little kid; I remember being in fourth grade and asking my sister if she thought I was fat. I became bulemic and very restrictive when I was in eighth grade, and it continued on and off throughout high school. When I went away to college, I was in a slightly better place; though I was...
  • ev3rh0peful

Lost in my mind

Hello.  I have recently come back to my eating disorder after much time away.  Now I feel trapped within it again.  My own health risks are not enough to motivate me at the moment.  I so desperately want to be healthy again, but I cant seem to break free.  What helps you guys stay motivated when you feel lost in your eating disorder mind?
  • Unsteady18

Messed up

I have a diagnosis of anorexia and getting treatement but once i finaly got therapy it turned into bulmia. I am now not binge eating and purging so much and not trying to restrict to much. But i still do things that will make me lose weight.I feel now that i have this diagnosis of anorexia that i need to be stick thin. To prove to my family i havent gave up with my illness and still in control....
  • blueraincoat123

Scared to be trapped

I am going to visit my father  -- who recently moved across country -- for a week. We have not stayed together since I was a kid and extremely active in my eating disorder.He expects me to eat normally otherwise my whole family will go into crisis and throw me in treatment. Normal for me is not as good as actual normal but it's damn good for me. He makes comments on my food and weight, either...
  • beatingED

Hi

Hi I have a eating disorder other wise unspecified. I'm currently really struggling eating 300 cal a day. Throwing everything up. I'm ruining the relationships with my family and friends. I recently had a suicide attempt and the hospital sent me home said I wasn't in enough crisis for help. Part of me didn't care but the other part wants this to all be over and back to normal. Can anyone give me...
  • El1zabeth

Weight loss buddy

Hey, my name is Elizabeth and I am a 14 year old girl who is 173cm and 70kg. I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember, and I remember being the biggest one on my class in primary school. I didn't really think too much about my weight until I was probably in year 8. Home stresses and falling behind in school work lead to stress and mild depression where food was a comfort. I...
  • Baka_senpai

ED brain vs original brain.

I'm tired and it is the end of the day so I already know that that is contributing to my mood. Lately I have been feeling really frustrated. I've taken some really positive steps toward recovery but my ED brain is pulling me back. I just relapsed on purging for the first time in a awhile and it's making me feel defeated. It seems like I've taken such great steps forward and then I take 2...
  • LuckyEmpath

Body Image and Self-talk

Having a negative body image and having negative self-talk seem to be something that we all share.  Many of us (probably all of us) survived a childhood filled with people, adults and children alike, putting us down.  Telling us we were not good enough.  That our bodies were not perfect.  These people seemed to delight in pointing out all our perceived flaws.  Unconditional love was only...