Eating Disorders Support Group

Eating disorders are marked by an obsessive need to control the intake and/or purging of food. This community is dedicated to those struggling on the road to recovery. Join to discuss your experience with others and find support. Get advice, ask questions, and meet others who are going through similar struggles.

0 Online
  • Henruba

Binging

i have been in recovery for three weeks from restricting for less than a year. I have binged every night which scares me because there is no way my body could've been that damaged to need that many calories for repairs. I keep hearing it's normal in recovery but I feel like I'm using that as an excuse to eat more. Whenever I second guess that thought I go to YouTube and find reassurance that it's...
  • hg3

Ugh.

I'm new to this. I am having such a hard time!! I am in a treatment program currently, and have been able to feel my weight gain and the uncomfortable feeling of my clothes getting tighter. I've taken steps to eliminate my triggers mostly. And I decided to open up about my struggle to a number of people that I know would support me. Currently, I feel more alone than before I started telling...
  • my_bopo

First Time

Hi so i suffer from an eating disorder. I can't afford treatment so i am trying to recover on my own. I have been doing ok but i struggle alot with not acting on my impulses ie: excersise/ laxatives. Does anyone have any tips that could help or any advice that would be amazing thank you.
  • memyself

First time

I have never been in an online support group until this moment. I am currently in treatment for an eating disorder and I have been working hard but geez it is a harder process that I expected! I have been really dealing with an eating disorder for almost 20 years now on and off. I am working really hard to not starve myself and to also not binge and purge but I feel like my identity has been...
  • Daiz

Gaining Weight

This is my first time posting and I'm a little nervous, but everyone seems so supportive and positive and I am happy to be part of this community:) Any tips on how to be okay with weight gain? As part of my recovery I am trying to gain weight, and succeeding, but not only am I unhappy about the way my body is changing, I just feel bloated and like I'm eating too much and all the wrong foods. I...
  • question

Help...

I don't know how to stop hating my body. I literally can't even go in public because when I do I feel like some fat disgusting creature.. I'm not overweight, but I feel like I am... when I look in the mirror I'm so disgusted with my weight, same with the scale. I feel self conscious about little feelings because I feel like I'm jiggling or something because I feel like I'm so fat ugh I just feel...
  • danyehl

Who can relate?

I'm wondering if this is something anyone else has experienced. I've gotten to the point where throwing up my food is so painful after that I have been doing it alot less lately. When I eat I have to eat alot slower and cant shove it all in otherwise I feel like I'm going to choke. I have this weird feeling alot of the time that feels like food getting stuck in my throat when I eat and it takes...
  • searchingforbalance

In a Bad Place

Today is one of those days where I'm completely regretting the decision to recover. I can't fit into clothes I bought a month ago. I hate looking into the mirror. Looking at my classmates in person and on social media makes me want to cry because they all look happy, beautiful, and thin. And I know outward beauty "doesn't matter" but it's really hard to believe that when the rest of the world is...
  • Chromeo416

How to stop bingeing?

Hi there. I'm finding it difficult to stop bingeing. I read that it's difficult to stop because bingeing and purging actually releases endorphins that make you feel good kinda like a drug. Has anyone in here successfully stopped bingeing? If so, how? 
  • searchingforbalance

Scared

I am so scared. When I was younger, I had anorexia. A few years later, I was restored back to a healthy weight. However, I did so through binge eating, and I continued to binge even after becoming weight restored. I remember those years of binging as the worst of my life. I was in such a dark and unhealthy place that I didn't want to live anymore. Somehow, I was able to reverse my binging...
  • Laya

Feeling like I'm going to binge

Tonight I feel like I want to binge right now. Everything is getting to me and I don't know why. My sister is being really mean to me. We have been fighting all day. I have been doing things to try to get my mind off of it. But now it's so hard right now. I can't give in. 
  • searchingforbalance

Voice Inside Me

I feel like there's another person inside me who isn't ME...she tells me to eat everything or to not eat anything, to hurt myself, that I'm ugly, fat, selfish, worthless. I don't know how to get rid of this voice. When it's loud, it feels like there's no point of living life. 
  • Bi_and_needing_help

Trying to figure things out

I am not sure if i have an eating disorder or not, but I think I might. Any time I look I  the mirror, all I see is Fat, fat, fat, yet people are always saying I am stick thin and that I need to eat a cheeseburger or something. I also don't eat as much as a lot of people, but I purposefully eat slowly so that people think I ate more food than I actually do. I also try to be extremely active and...
  • remygirl679

Dealing with This Alone

I've been dealing with anorexia nervosa for nearly four years now, and I feel like there's no way I can get better. When I went to my parents for help, they called me "crazy" and threatened to send me away. I'm alone in this and don't know where to go. When it first started, I ate once every four days and exercised constantly. Now, I've been able to fight the urges of starving a lot more, but I...
  • hopeful27

Struggling

I've really been trying lately, but I've been struggling. I started eating again, which would be great if I could do it in a healthy way. Either I eat too little or I binge and purge because I feel guilty. I hate that I can't stop. I went and bought a bunch of healthy food today (which is a huge step because I wasn't keeping any food in my home out of fear). But I'm so scared I can't do it. I...