Eating Disorders Support Group

Eating disorders are marked by an obsessive need to control the intake and/or purging of food. This community is dedicated to those struggling on the road to recovery. Join to discuss your experience with others and find support. Get advice, ask questions, and meet others who are going through similar struggles.

0 Online
  • aspiringballerina

Having a rough night

I'm so tired but I can't sleep. It's like my brain won't shut up. I ate before going to bed and I wish I hadn't. Hoping to start tomorrow fresh and have a better rest of the week because the past few days have kinda sucked.
  • JustHelpJustine49

Endless Cycle

For as long as I remember whenever I have been upset or even simply being bored I have ate my troubles away. Just recently I have been diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder. Now I am still young and of course with this you can obviously assume that I am pretty overweight. I wanted to know if there is anyone who knows how to curb this curse. I am a mere 21 and I already have cronic back pain...
  • red47640

Having an ED While Working in the Medical Field

Does anyone else in this group work in the medical field? I do, and I really struggle with reconciling the two. Doctors, nurses, pharmacists, MA's, none of them get EDs, and they tend to be incredibly mean and judgmental towards people who are heavy or who tell them they have EDs. It's very hard for me to handle, and some days I honestly feel like a hypocrite, working in a field with people who...
  • prettybig

Mkr

why do I watch mkr and wonder why I get hungry? I love this showtrying not to think of food while watching it is hard though i am a night time over eater, so I am needing extra tips and tricks to get through each night, I normally work Tuesday to Thursday 3 till 9 as a healthcare assistant and am starving by the time I get home I'm in a rutand I'm not helping myself very well
  • Mom2girlies

Struggling and dont know where I even belong

For as long as I can remember I sneak and hide food. I would eat as much as I could when no one was home and then not eat when everyone else was eating. I still do this and I am 37. I spend a lot of time binging and purging. I really feel like food is an addiction to me. Then I also have an addiction to alcohol. I have only begun to start to get that under control but as I get that under control...
  • authenticTori

help.

please help. i feel incredibly guilty about the amount of calories i ate today. even though it was still really low. i need to workout. i NEED to. but im at a friends house and i cant workout here because everybody is asleep and i need to leave to workout. if my friend doesnt let me leave; im going to have a panic attack and cry. i can feel it coming. im literally sweating right now imagining...
  • prettybig

Over eating at night

i can't stop no matter how hard I try, I'm hoping I can log in here at night and chat about it and see if it helps meanyone else have the same problem? 
  • red47640

Nighttime Eating

I am still eating at night and it's gotten really bad. I don't know what to do about it anymore. It's not automatic, every time is a conscious decision, and it seems to be very comforting. But I literally want to beat the shit out of myself for doing this. Why do I do it? I disgust myself. It's awful and I don't know what to do. I hate myself. It doesn't help that I have a job interview tomorrow...
  • aspiringballerina

Coffee as a way to fill stomach

I have recently been using coffee as a way to fill myself up so I don't eat. I know it's not good, but it's so easy for me to just drive to Starbucks and get multiple cups of coffee a day. I do this with tea too. It's gotten to the point where I can't bring myself to chew food, I just want to drink coffee or tea...any suggestions? Besides just stop drinking coffee because it's not that easy...I...
  • red47640

Freaking Out

I have a job interview this afternoon for a receptionist position at a dermatologist's office; it is much closer to my home than my current job and it pays a bit more. I'm very very nervous about it-- I'm worried they won't hire me because I'm a little heavy, even though I have a lot of experience, great references, and I'm very well-spoken. I couldn't sleep last night out of sheer anxiety and I...
  • TheLastStanding

Battling with myself

I have recently adopted the habit of going to the supermarket everyday, I can spend a good half hour or more just looking at food. Picking stuff up and putting it back...picking it up and then putting it back. I often end up leaving without buying anything because I talk myself out of everything I pick up one way or another.It's doing my head in. I feel like I am at war with myself. I go in with...
  • bluecanoe

Feeling defeated

Hi everyone, After my last post, I didn't binge and purge for a week! But lately it's been happening more and more. I'm feeling really down on myself for drifting into the cycle of bulimia again. I have two small children under 5 and a wonderful husband. I have good health and a pretty stress-free life. I don't understand why I keep harming myself like this. My episodes happen at the same time...
  • khonjin

tips to prevent binging

Do any of you guys know tips to prevent binging? I used to have it under control during the summer, but it's getting out of hand due to stress. 
  • aspiringballerina

New, Lost, and Alone

Hi I'm new to this group. I've been dealing with eating disorders on and off since I was nine years old. But now since I have moved away from home it has gotten so much worse. I obsessively count calories and have a very difficult time eating. I also feel the need to constantly be walking or standing to burn calories. I thought it was just a phase when I was younger but I have now accepted that...
  • Learning2LiveAgain

Just need some support

Hi there, everyone!I'm relatively new to DS, though I was a member years ago. I decided to join again because I'm not in such a great place and I just need some support, I think. I've been bulimic for nearly 12 years now, I was recovering well but I got married in July and it's gotten progressively worse. I've never been fully able to stop purging, but I could always go a couple of weeks or...