Eating Disorders Support Group

Eating disorders are marked by an obsessive need to control the intake and/or purging of food. This community is dedicated to those struggling on the road to recovery. Join to discuss your experience with others and find support. Get advice, ask questions, and meet others who are going through similar struggles.

0 Online
  • Purple_Butterfly

Fist Post Here

Hey everyone! So, I guess I'll share a little of my story and why I'm on here. I've been struggling with an eating disorder for 2 years. It started because I was treated terribly by a young man when I was a teenager. It later turned into an emotionally abusive relationship. For a year, I fought it but eventually, with the stress of starting college and my relationship, I gave in. I exercised...
  • red47640

Overwhelmed

Christ life is rough right now... I've been feeling like shit all week-- I feel drained, fatigued, exhausted, sick to my stomach, you name it, I'm feeling it. I had to call in sick yesterday because of vomiting and massive stomach pains (and no, I wasn't purging). Today I don't feel much better, even after working out (and usually, working out makes me feel moderately better). I'm so depressed--...
  • SophiaElise246

I hate it

I've gained 10 pounds in a week. No one can say I'm not fat. It's not true. I am. That's why I don't want to eat, exercise isn't enough. 
  • SophiaElise246

I wish it was easy to stop

I went on a field trip with my book club to meet authors last Saturday. I was with my teachers from 6 in the morning till 8 at night. I didn't eat anything really and my one teacher, she noticed. During our lunch time everyone else was eating and I said I wasn't, I hsd eaten a little bit of a granola bar and I said I was fine. I wasn't. I was dizzy because I only ate dinner for days, little bits...
  • lonelystar26

New Here

I want to enjoy food again.
  • WaterMagic

Someone to talk with

Um hello,I don't know where to start..beginning is probably the best solution.well I have bulimia.I won't hide the fact that I still have it even though everyone thinks that I am not 'doing it' anymore.as if it is so easy.The reason I came here?well I have this need to talk with someone who will understand.it is really hard right now and I feel so bad that I am making a fuss about it but I am so...
  • Orangey123

How to find help

I have binge eating disorder. I have 15 years. Any treatment cost quite a bit. I've asked friends to eat healthy with me. Even told someone my problem from church but didn't get a follow up. I've tried OA. Here its very small and it makes me feel uncomfortable because they want me to read etc. Is there anyone out there I can check in with at the days end? I need accountability. 
  • Laya

Bad news and now I feel like I want to binge.

My parents told me and my sister terrible news and now I am really upset and I feel like I have the urge to binge eat. One of my dogs she has a lump and she is going to have to have surgery. I feel heart broken and the urge to binge eat. I tried drawing and writing. I don't know, I haven't told my parents or sister that I am this upset. I just don't want to give in, I really love all of my...
  • thegoodgirl

Moved to a new country, depression, more bulimia

Hi, I am 18 years old and I have bulimia and anorexia since I had 14 years and I absolutely hate it but I can't go out from it. I moved to a new country and my family and friends are in my country. I am alone here and it is difficult for me to make friends. Only two friends from my country know that I have these disorders but I do not have professional help so I came here. I just purged and I am...
  • kigoldy

First time coming out.

I have been on and off binging and purging for one year now. It's taken control of me. It consumes my mind, whether it's what I'll eat, how I'll work it off or why I can't stop sometimes. I feel weak because I tell myself every time it will be the last time. I'll be positive and try new methods to distract my mind but I always fall into it the moment I am around food. No self control. Then I beat...
  • cheche

Secrecy within a school and friendship.

Hi this is a bit of a longer post but im looking for advice for a friend. I myself am a recovering bulimic but im still uncertain of what to do.. I wrote up a little thing in order to get my head straight and organize my thoughts so i think ill just post it and if anyone has any comments or thoughts i would love to hear! I recently was put in a very difficult position. I am currently training...
  • the-new-year

First Post

Hi friends. My weight has always been yo-yo-ing. In the past I have restricted my diet, obsessed about exercise and eating healthy, and binged and purged. Last year, I lost a considerable amount of weight while developing the healthiest relationship to food I have ever had. But in the past months, I had a major increase in stress and now I can't stop bingeing. I have gained back most of the...
  • T-Rex

8 years later...

Heya. First post. First attempt at reaching out. Not my first attempt at stopping though. I've now been suffering bulimia almost every day for 8 years. I am a full time athlete and make my living by being an athlete. I need to be light, agile and fit. But I also need to be healthy, and I have been trying for years to get healthy. But the longer I spend trapped in the vicious cycle of binge,...
  • silverlight

i have to eat for my boyfriend....TW

*TW* *Negative & Mentions Specific Food*yes i have to eat for my boyfriend,and i resent it.i have been restricting heavily the past week or so,and have lost quite a bit of weight....i am,i realize,very sick,because this *pleases* me.i opened up to my boyfriend about my anorexia,and his first reaction was,"Well i can't deal with anorexia.It's like listening to the same rap song over and over...
  • silverlight

Body Dysmorphic Disorder...

Does anyone here live with this?Every mirror is like a funhouse mirror for me,and the more realistic perspective of other does little to reassure me that what i see isn't the truth...