Eating Disorders Support Group

Eating disorders are marked by an obsessive need to control the intake and/or purging of food. This community is dedicated to those struggling on the road to recovery. Join to discuss your experience with others and find support. Get advice, ask questions, and meet others who are going through similar struggles.

0 Online
  • pharmdks

Attempted to start my journey

Hi world -- I have been anorexic (binge/purge type) for 10 years now. I am wanting to start my journey and am wanting some tips on what helped you most. I have tried therapy before but keep falling back into my old habits. I can't seem to shake my cravings. What helped your cravings?Any and all comments are welcome.
  • Lacey19

Number on the scale...

Could anyone give me advice to not worry myself over what the scale says.. And how to stop obsessing over my weight along with how to stop feeling depressed if I gain.. And ruin my whole day based off weight... 
  • Laya

Feeling off tonight.

I have been feeling off all day. And I feel like giving into the binge. I hate this feeling. I don't want to give in, I just need it to go away and to feel ok. I hate this feeling. 
  • kicker08210

It's been 2 weeks today.

Two weeks ago I ate my last bite of food that stayed down. That same day I ate again and threw up. I stopped eating after that. A week later I tried to eat some peanuts and threw them up. I was so upset and mad at myself that I said forget it. I haven't tried a bite of food since. I'm scared to eat because of the throwing up. The feelings associated with it are too much and it physically hurts....
  • alxlopz1999

Relapse

I had a relapse today - I binged and purged. I was doing good for a week because I was in the hospital because of my Schizoaffective disorder. Then they gave me Klonopin for anxiety and I thought it was going to help me not binge anymore (anxiety triggers my binging) but I guess not.
  • aedling

Body Image

I am very happy to say that I have been a month and a half without any relapses, which has been a struggle of mine to overcome since coming back from treatment. That being said, with my abstinence from relapsing, my bodily insecurities have greatly surged and are taking over every aspect of my life. Generally, exercise helps me curve those negative thoughts, but recovering from knee surgery has...
  • hummingbird_agile

Pet Therapy?

I have been in recovery for the past 6 months. From anorexia to binge-eating, I have never felt to disconnected from my life and from the things that make me happy. Throughout this entire process (its been about a year and a half since it all started), I have been a good problem solver. A good portion of the time, I can able to use my strategies/distractions/tools that I have learned in my years...
  • ponyta123

Going through recovery on my own

Trying to build up my weight without support from other sources. Really hard and I'm really scared. I think my loneliness contributes to how difficult it is to recover right now, but I know I have to if I'm going to keep working. Just feel really alone right now and like there's nowhere and no one I can go to, and am feeling pretty desperate. It's hard not to give up if I feel like no one cares.
  • Lacey19

Struggling continuing My progress to healthy life.

I have went to residental clinic for my eating disorder after leaving i felt really good and strong but now im finding how hard it really is to  keep up the eating espically the amount i should. Even just something as small as getting the right amount of fluids down i should. I find more im accepting but still having fears.. of leaving it behind. The number on the scale is a big thing of meh...
  • Thelastrayofsun

Time to recover?

Hi everyone, I am Bulimic (5years).Nobody knows that, and I'm terrified of telling that to my friends and family.I've been trying to recover for ages, but I always end up failling, thinking tomorrow will be better. But then, tomorrow comes and nothing is changed.I want to recover, I want to be happy and free.My mental health is at the worst point now, I tend to isolate myself from people, I have...
  • kicker08210

Up and down emotions.

Does anyone else feel like dealing with their ED gets so much harder at night? I just hung out with a friend and on the way home I was dreading him dropping me off and leaving because I knew I'd have to deal with my emotions at that point. Everything feels so much more intense when the sun goes down and I hate it. I also get excited going to sleep though because I look forward to waking up to...
  • kicker08210

Everyday gets worse.

Everyday I say I'm going to make a step in the right direction and try to eat and everyday I realize there's another new thing I'm afraid of. I enjoyed Diet Coke and now I fear it after reading an article about it causing weight gain. There is nothing but coffee and tangerines that I can tolerate and I'm terrified of when I fear either of those. I can't keep going like this. I feel so weak,...
  • seekingzen83

1-day goal

I almost made it yesterday a whole day without purging. I made it all the way up until the end of the night when I had to make cookies for teacher conference is this week. I ate two cookies and suddenly became overwhelmed with guilt and fear of the calories.  Recently I've had to take this one day at a time. And I failed more days and I have not. But I'm going to try again today. My goal today...
  • samantha97

Binge eating

i feel my ed is out of control. My life makes me depressed and I eat. I can’t seem to stop eating until I get so full my stomach hurts. Does anyone have any advice for me ?
  • alxlopz1999

My goals - wish me luck

1. Stop starving myself (this is known to trigger binging)2. Stop over exercising (I feel like this triggers my binging as well)3. Don’t pick up the habit of purging (I purged 2 times already and my goal is to stop before it becomes a habit)4. Find new and healthy ways to cope with stress, anxiety, depression5. Get medical help as needed (this secret disorder is triggering self-harm and...