Eating Disorders Support Group

Eating disorders are marked by an obsessive need to control the intake and/or purging of food. This community is dedicated to those struggling on the road to recovery. Join to discuss your experience with others and find support. Get advice, ask questions, and meet others who are going through similar struggles.

2 Online
  • MelindaK.3

i just want to feel okay again

I'm not even going to give the voices a chance to talk anymore, I'm not giving myself an option to just not eat, I'm not giving myself an option to throw up anymore. These are huge steps but I think I can make it. I've got a purpose. A huge purpose. I know what it is as clear as day and I need to live until God takes me so that I can fulfill this purpose as long as I can. I'm just tired of being...
  • Lukeano

Hi everyone

I'm new here. I'm a 15 year old anorexic male. I'm looking for support in understanding my issue and how to overcome it.I collapsed yesterday and ended up in the hospital and I'm realizing I need to take this seriously but I don't know where to begin.
  • Life_Is_A_Gift8297

Freaking out

I just got a job this October..... And now that I have quit recovery, losing weight seems so hard, because I need to eat on work days or else I will faint. Each work day i have a bagel, or toast, or oatmeal, or a bowl of cereal... I am beginning to rethink this... Maybe I can just have green tea and water, or fruit or veggetables instead of a actual meal???Losing weight seems so hard!! I've...
  • shortysena1

I'm a survivor.

Here is a quote I love. I'm a survivor and know people who are. If you are a surivor of abuse please post survivor. You dont need to share what kind. But think it's good to see and hear your not alone. You know people go through this stuff but rarely ever talk about it.
  • tuxedomck

Slipping

Hey all,Haven't been on here for a long time as I find the whole new style of DS very difficult to navigate. But I have been struggling, well I'm at a point where I can go in one of two directions and I'm finding that really difficult. About a month ago I was admitted to a psych hospital for attempted suicide. I was hospitalized for 1 1/2 weeks and while there I purged. The purging, plus the...
  • shortysena1

broken trust in my doctor.

I was put on medicine awhile back for ptsd and mood stabalization. I specificlly asked if weight gain was a side affect. He said no. Then when I had an appointment for my daughter for deppresion they were going though meds that they would consider. when they came to the one I'm on they said it's good for depresstion but didn't think it'd be a good idea because weight gain is a sideaffect. Since I...
  • sonnycamehome

Trust Your Journey

"”One day you’re going to miss the subway because it’s not going to come. One of these days, it’s going to break down and it’s not going to come around and everyone else will just wait for the next one or will take the bus, or walk, or run to the next station: they will go on with their lives. And you’re not going to be able to go on with your life! You’ll be standing there, in the...
  • Hi. New here. I've had an eating disorder on and off for about 20 years. Without going into the whole thing, I started with anorexia in my teens after one parent got sick and the other left. Since then, I was in and out of hospitals for a while in high school until I found my ground in my mid-20s after college. I entered an abusive relationship, which pretty much replaced my eating disorder...
  • Hey...I've had an eating disorder on and off for almost 20 years. Wondered if I'm a freak or something or if anyone can relate. It's not just a kids' issue. 
  • clarissa

all over again

hey guys, it has been long time since i wrote an entry here. i'll like to say that i have suffered from anorexia and bulimia. it has been a battle to fight every day but i had move on, slowly but i have been trying to get out of that hell. what i want to say is that i don't know what's wrong with me again. i'm remembering lots of things i used to make when i was in my highest point of the...
  • MelindaK.3

yep

I went about a week and a half without throwing up all the food I ate but I'm back at it again and I hate myself!! Either I don't eat, or I eat a little and throw up like 6 times because I ate, say, suppose an apple. Because I'm so terrified of gaining weight. But I hear throwing up slowers your metabolism so I really need to stop. I'll just go back to my old ways of just not eating at all and...
  • 17 and just got back from my first inpatient stay, weirdest 6 weeks of my life. I've come back from meeting amazing people that I won't see ever again probably. It's like i never left home now and the meal plans are so much more complicated once you're the one left responsible. It's hard but I know that I dont have a choice, I have to do this if I want a future. I will die if I go back.
  • tryingforhappy

Don't know what's going on

So I have been previously "diagnosed" with an eating disorder by a psychiatrist and I completely disagree with it.  But I am worried about my thoughts.  I have done "under 500 cal" diets, and would restrict food, but not all the time.  I have lost 30 pounds this year, though none of it on purpose (10lbs lost in a week), and now I am concerned about my thoughts around food.  I feel awful when...
  • sonnycamehome

Healing Comes In Waves...

• sunflower9

Awareness to your ED

Hi all.It feels like once I started getting help things got worse. I'm guessing this is becuase I became aware of the problem. Then it became even more consuming as I became more aware and was challanged to identify my ED voice and triggers, etc.I am concerned that my constant awareness of all my thoughts and behaviors will start to get in the way of my education (more than it alreay has). I've...