Eating Disorders Support Group

Eating disorders are marked by an obsessive need to control the intake and/or purging of food. This community is dedicated to those struggling on the road to recovery. Join to discuss your experience with others and find support. Get advice, ask questions, and meet others who are going through similar struggles.

1 Online
  • Laya

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful day. Lots of Hugs.
  • IzzyV24

Thanksgiving

ughhh I just ate two *incredible* brownies my mom made and I feel super guilty, but I still want more cuz they are so good!!! Grrrr
  • Bee-Eh

Daily Check-in Buddies?

Hi! I'm new to this group. I stuggle with anoerexia, binge eating, and bulimia. I've been in residential care, out-patient, the works. I'm still struggling, but I want to fight. I want to get better. I'm looking for someone who wants to share accountability. I know I will still fail. But maybe we could encourage one another to share how many coping skills we managed to turn to FIRST, that sort of...
  • red47640

Disgust

I'm wearing my favorite pair of jeans, they're really comfortable (nice change from shoving myself into my smaller pair and being uncomfortable every day). I just looked in the mirror in the ladies' room at the local Starbucks. Dear God, I look fat. Ugh. Can I PLEASE just have one day when I don't feel guilt or shame or total self-hatred???? Fuck me
  • red47640

Out of Control

And I don't know what to do about it. My NES has really taken a turn for the worse lately. Why do I do it??? I know it's terrible for me-- it results in very poor quality sleep and will increase my chances of progressing to T2D. No matter how frequently I exercise or eat reasonably, this will continue to hold me back. I KNOW all this. It's disgusting how much I eat at night. I'm very ashamed of...
  • blat

hunger normal?

I have a question if its ok I ask I'm hungry all the time. I mean ALL the time. I'm skinny and only eat at school and thats not all the time but even if I eat I'm hungry again in 20 minutes. like really really hungry. is that normal? is there something wrong with me? I skip eating sometimes. I feel like I shouldn't eat ever. I don't think thats normal is it? 
  • searchingforbalance

Help Please

Does anyone know how to stop binge eating? 
  • rain19

I'm tired

I have eaten normally for a weak because my parents have asked me to do so. But every time I eat normally all I can think about is how I'm getting fat and I'm disgusting cause I have no type of self control. It's so repulsive to me to eat and not think of the concequences to just enjoy food. My mom won't accept my anorexia and neither will my dad. But I can't help it and I started hiding food to...
  • Pretti_Secrets

My Secret

I have this secret I keep with me, I have a eating disorder. I was good for so many years. Since recent trauma it’s kicked back in full effect. I’m really scared. I ended up in the hospital last week with low potassium. I want help, but I can’t stop alone. I tried to talk to my mom but that was useless as usual. I’m afriad to tell my psychiatrist. I don’t know where to begin to get the...
  • Rebecca1993

Binge Relapse

Ive struggled with bingeing in the past, gaining a lot of weight in short periods of time. For the past year or so, I've really been able to overcome some of the bingeing. I've had some binge-like eating habits, but nothing extreme.I recently moved to a new city, and this past week I have relapsed into serious bingeing. All I can think about is food. Where can I get more? What else is around for...
  • IzzyV24

guilt

i can't help but feel guilty after I eat. i don't know why. Am I overthinking it? Am I just being stupid? I'm scared of being fat, of being anything less that healthy. I'm underweight anyways, not by much, but I'm a healthy weight for my age I think. I HAVE to eat on a schedule and eat  certain things that said times, that scares me,too. I don't know what the point of this all was but I hope...
  • question

Eating at night

Anyone else find it easier to eat at night, when the house is quiet and people are sleeping? I feel less guilty and self conscious if I eat alone, in the nighttime (at least in the moment).
  • Laya

Started to binge!

Yesterday and today i have felt off all day. and i have been having the feeling to binge eat and i have been trying everything to make it go away. and i started to eat something and then i had the throw it in the garbage and go outside to get some air and then i came in and my sister she asked me if i was okay, i lied and said yes, i didn't know how to tell her about this. i hate having this...
  • julialeigh

Struggling and thinking of going back to treatment

I have been in and out of treatment for 3 years and lately I have been struggling again for a few months. I am thinking I might need to go back to treatment again because my behaviors are getting really bad and out of control, but my mom really doesn't want me to go back to treatment. She thinks that treatment for me is jut like giving up on my recovery and taking the easy way and that I should...
  • thegoodgirl

Moved to a new country, depression, more bulimia

Hi, I am 18 years old and I have bulimia and anorexia since I had 14 years and I absolutely hate it but I can't go out from it. I moved to a new country and my family and friends are in my country. I am alone here and it is difficult for me to make friends. Only two friends from my country know that I have these disorders but I do not have professional help so I came here. I just purged and I am...