Eating Disorders Support Group

Eating disorders are marked by an obsessive need to control the intake and/or purging of food. This community is dedicated to those struggling on the road to recovery. Join to discuss your experience with others and find support. Get advice, ask questions, and meet others who are going through similar struggles.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Hannibee90

Binge Eating Disorder

Hi everyone, I am not really sure how this works here, but I really need to take some actions, so I'm trying this. I have been strugglig with my weight for a long time. Rrecently, I realized that I am mostly struggling with my eating habits and with accepting myself for who I am, or really just knowing who I am. I don't seem to be able to find myself, to know what I stand for. I feel like I have...
  • Nikki1881

new to ds

New to this whole thing. I can't stop bingeing and idk what to do.. My parents want to send me to an inpatient program but I'm scared. I've had this problem for 10 years now and I'm also severely depressed. Any guidance?
  • Hello. I am new to the support group environment, as well as new to acknowledging the reality of my eating disorder. I fluxuate between obsessively restricting food/exercising and not tracking my diet at all - it always seems to shift from one extreme to the other extreme (e.g., "I will track my macros on MyFitnessPal today and go workout at the gym today -- gotta lose 10 pounds!" and the next...
  • Samm710

Constant worry

I restrict all food intake, exercise constantly and obsess over calorie intake. I usually try to fast all day and then have a light meal at dinner. I don't do this because I want to. I do it because of the anxiety I get when I eat food. I'm scared to death of gaining weight. I lost 30 pounds in the last 6 months and I am currently 104 pounds. I just want to talk to someone who understands the...
  • I am at the very low end of BMI but haven't gotten my period in several months. I constantly worry about calories and my weight. If I go over a certain number, or eat more snacks than planned, I start getting really bad anxiety and feelings that I've "ruined" it for myself. I have a therapist and nutritionist, but still constantly worry about my intake of food and fear that a "normal amount of...
  • Vickichu

Seeking some guidance

Hello. My name is Victoria and I am currently in full recovery for my eating disorder. I started full recovery in this May. I went from the lower end of a healthy BMI to I have no clue! My main motivation is to get my period back and stop obsessing about calories. I feel as if I have mentally recovered but the feelings I have towards getting rid of my old clothes has been the hardest. I'm trying...
  • squeaker43

Here we go, AGAIN

Last year, I lost 104 pounds and was so freaking proud of myself. Now, for some reason, in the last five mos. I have been binging again. I am very well aware of it but I can't seem to stop it. I tell myself, when I go to bed at night, TOMORROW will be a new day. I wake up in the morning and the first thing that I think of is all of the things that I am going to eat during the day. I have put...
  • Time2livelife

Kathy?

Is kathywonders here? I miss her. Aspiesarah.
  • Except the 'drug' i crave is food, binging and purging. It's hard because eating is so sociable and it's everywhere i look, it's driving me crazy! I'm trying to resist the urge but it's so hard with all these reminders everywhere
  • I'm trying so hard but dealing with a lot of stress and Anxiety and I put on 10 pounds I lost 90 pounds but my lap and I just have been going through so much that I started binging again and it's terrible I just want to lose weight and be healthy after I was raped by my therapist and these five guys that were her friends my life started spiraling down again
  • I want to talk to someone who has been there before. I'd like to know what to expect if I end up going.
  • red47640

(Dis)Trust

A guy offered to pay for my Diet Coke the other day, a guy I'd never met... Another guy held the door open for me... Neither would have done those things when I was 240 lbs. I know it. I hate hate hate this obnoxious double standard that people feel justified in having. I just met a fantastic guy with whom I have SO MUCH in common, not our upbringing exactly but most definitely a lot of our...
  • red47640

Miserable

I went to the doctor today because I was pretty certain I have a UTI-- I let the MA weigh me although I explained I have EDs and asked him not to tell me the number. He agreed and didn't say it out loud but when he was taking my height he said that since I'm 5 foot 4-1/2 inches he'd add on a few centimeters because it always helps the BMI. I literally burst into tears. He was concerned but it was...
  • Hello,I've recently started bingeing and purging. It started when I gained 10 lbs...because I couldnt stop bingeing. Logically, I thought....how can I continue to binge but not gain weight? Throwing up. I can't control my eating so it seems like the only solution. OBVIOUSLY this is the beginnings of a terrible life that I cannot start.When I do not binge, I make these grandiose plans to diet. For...
  • forestfreek

Back on!

Good gawd. Between having a chaotically busy schedule and not being able to get on the new and "improved" DS I haven''t been around, obviously.However, here I am willing to try and give the new site a chance (hate it so far!).Anwyay, how is everyone doing? I'm missing everyone and wanting to now how things are going!!Also, welcome to the new members:)))Jen