Eating Disorders Support Group

Eating disorders are marked by an obsessive need to control the intake and/or purging of food. This community is dedicated to those struggling on the road to recovery. Join to discuss your experience with others and find support. Get advice, ask questions, and meet others who are going through similar struggles.

0 Online
  • red47640

Why is This So Fucking Hard?

God I am such a fucking spaz... I overdid it on pills today and now I'm just lying on my bed in a lot of pain. Why? Why's it so hard for me to like myself? I can't seem to get it right; I'm either bingeing or starving and chugging pills. I'm either not exercising or I'm pushing to the point where I'm doubled over and vomiting from post-workout pain. I feel so dead and empty right now... I want...
  • katiemclady

Hello!

I have struggled with binge eating and other eating disorders since I was a kid. My mom was very critical of the way I looked. She even convinced me to get liposuction at age 18. This was her "gift" to me. Now I struggle a lot with dieting and bingeing when I'm depressed, stressed, anxious, etc. I just got a new job and I can't even be excited for myself. Instead I eat and eat until I feel sick,...
  • Nic1990

Constant Struggle

Hi all, I'm new to this group, but not new to anorexia. I've struggled with anorexia for just over 12 years now. I've never had any control over anything in my life, food is the only thing that I can control. I went to the doctor last week, dreading the thought of it as the woman is so judgemental. She doesn't treat me for anorexia, I've never exactly been treated for it. She comments on my...
  • hopelessandlost

I don't like food

I used to love food! I would eat a lot of it because it tasted so amazing. But ever since I've been dealing with depression, I don't eat lunch anymore and I never eat breakfast. Thinking about how it feels to have food in my stomach disgusts me and makes me want to throw up. Whenever I eat, it's never satisfying. But I'm not underweight. I don't know what is wrong with me.
  • lucyforhealth

2 months

2 months ago I was so happy. So incredibly happy about my weight and how strong and flexible I was feeling. I study away from home part time and every time I travel here my eating habits become very very unhealthy. It's a very emotionally challenging course and so the stress over it plus the loneliness and lack of motivation makes me stop exercising and binge eating like a crazy person. Lately...
  • Dying2bthin

How to tell my therapist..plz help

So. I have a very important question...but before i get into that let me give you some important details to this question.Ok so I am a 26 year old woman who is currently pregnant with her first child. I have been struggling with ana and mia for the last 11 years. And well since i got pregnant ive been dping really well in my recovery. Until the last few weeks... You see my therapist who i see...
  • Lolo2020

New and struggling to cope

Hi, i'm sorry to bother you, but I'm new here and I thought I'd try this out for a change. I have struggled with anorexia and purging for about 5 years now (I'm 19), and it's pretty bad at the moment. My psychiatrist is going to have me do some more intensive treatment over the summer, but I'm scared. I just don't really know if I want to get better yet. Am I a bad person for just wanting to sort...
  • strugglingceliac

Bulimia support

I'm starting to acknowledge that this is a problem for me... I'm looking for someone to talk to that can offer tips and resources online. It happens inconsistently and when there are big changes in my life, I feel out of control, or I'm avoiding my feelings. 30 years old, graduate student, accomplished, but I'm about to lose everything if I can't stop. I'm at a turning point. What first steps...
  • TicTac

New here and struggling

Hi, new to the group here.  I'm a 34 year old female who has struggled with anorexia/purging since age 18.  I've been hospitalized many times but have also had strong periods of recovery.  Currently I'm struggling - restricting, obsessive weighing, and spending hours at the gym.  I'm just hoping to find some support and maybe some suggestions for curbing the exercise time.  Thanks and I'm...
  • survive4ever

struggling

Hey I am new here. For the past year I have struggled with eating. I restrict greatly and sometimes well purge. I am the worst I have ever been. My friends force me to eat a lot and I feel sick after. I just need help and someone to talk to. 
  • misleadingsmile

Anorexia

I was anorexic all through high school, never did residential treatment (couldn't find a place that would allow me inside), just did the support group circuit and eventually got comfortable enough to start eating again...then, a very stupid doctor who didn't understand my struggle with anorexia put me on Seroquil...I was on it a month and gained almost 50 lbs...now I'm back to starving myself and...
  • forestfreek

A shout-out to Laya:)))

Just wanted to send a "well-done" out to our special gal, Laya, who is on DAY 48 of treating herself well and being healthy!!   Hopefully we can all rally around and send her support over the course of this weekend as we all know that holidays can be a bitch to get through when you have disordered eating.  (Hope this doesn't make you feel uncomfortable, Laya - I just really wanted to...
  • summerprincess

Chewing and spitting

hi , I am 2 weeks "sober" of the chew and spit eating dissorder . I would love to have some support because this is a daily struggle . Is there anyone here that can help ? Has been through this all ? I am tired of having bad foods or scared of food . It's frightening to not have the comfort of spitting out my food but I am trying to take it day by day . Please respond . 
  • kimchi618

Battling Bulimia

I've been bulimic since I was in college. Now I'm 28 years old and I'm still battling from bulimia. I purge more that 2x a day especially after weighing myself. Sometimes, I just end up crying after I purge cause I know what I did isnt good for me. And the same routine happens everyday. I go to the gym now. From 190 lbs, I am now 150. And i still feel it's not enough. I still wish I was skinny....
  • brenda_lynn

A mom struggling

I am new here. I need support and am hoping this is the right place. I am a Mom of a 14 year old and we are just returning home from 12 weeks of partial inpatient treatment for AN with bulimic tendencies. We are trying to settle back into home and now have a very strict meal plan that we follow. The stresses of being home have been a lot for her. She struggles with depression and anxiety as well...