Dizziness & Vertigo Support Group

Dizziness is the sensation of instability. Vertigo refers to dizziness with a sensation of motion. Vertigo is more likely than other types of dizziness to be associated with nausea, vomiting, or double vision, to occur even when lying down, and to feel better with the eyes closed. If you are a frequent sufferer of dizziness or vertigo, join the group and find support.

0 Online
  • Aligib

Vertigo just not going

Hi I am really fed up. First had vertigo it in 2008 when I went diving off a boat -  very sea sick and then felt like I was on a boat after that, took prochlorperazine and it went almost immediately – think I had it for about 2 weeks. Next had it in February 2016 in New York – had a cold and then started to feel the motion – horrendous when I got back and got another cold and it got...
  • hannahcris

POTS

I was diagnosed with pots four years ago. I feel so alone.  
  • dee1111

Vertigo

Hi, I have vertigo everyday. This is so crazy, I wake up wondering how my day is going to be. Had blood test, MRI, thank god nothing, so what's the problem... seems doctors don't have a answer, so what's one to do. I'm 57 and the first time the room was spinning so it felt. I'm always off balanced. If I bend over omg I feel like I'm falling, I get this weird feeling over me, which I can't...
  • I get occasional sinus congestion that leads to vertigo. Then when I feel dizzy, I get so anxious and my anxiety triggers a panic attack.  I was diagnosised as panic disorder a long time ago and when I get a panic attack, I get dizzy. I always have fear of having vertigo and panic attacks...Does anyone have the same problem?  
  • postaldogg

vertigo residual symptoms

I had a vertigo episode while rolling over in bed in Feb. Extreme dizziness. Had Eply done and got rid of extreme dizziness but I am left with foggy head and lightheadedness usually daily. Doing vestibular PT and have seen ENT. Had an MRI and CAT scan all normal. Going back to doctor as I also get headaches maybe MAV I don't know. Very frustrating
  • Greeneyesthatshake

Greeneyesthatshake

Hi everyone I have vertigo, I started with it last year. The year before that I had a bad fall and cracked my head hard on the floor,  but I was okay - now I'm relating my vertigo to that.....I'm on Betahistine and also the tablet you put under your gum to stop being sick!! It's awful and I'm hoping it will go away- it did last year for quite a few months, but in November I got a bad virus and...
  • Vertigosucks

Don't understand

This is new to me. I was just recently diagnosed with vertigo. It started like two weeks ago. I woke up and the room was spinning after 3 days of this and not being able to drive or really do much i decided to go to the er. The doctor gave me a prescription for meclizine. I take 3 a day. I don't think it's working much. This is really scary and affecting my daily life. I don't know what to expect...
  • hotdogdog

Vertigo still, but definitely know the cause

Hey, all. Been a while since I had to complain about the vertigo. It has come back to clobber me every day since the Spring Semester started. It is not as bad as it was 3 years ago, but it is a hefty reminder of how much it messes up people's lives.Right now, I'm having problems typing again, and spelling, my sense of space and time, and my memory is shot. OK, I am approaching late 40s, but I...
  • somedayiwillbeok

Vertigo

i have been to doctors for the past 2 years trying to figure out what is wrong with me... I have had 3 sinus surgeries in the last year with no relief.have been diagnosed with Meniers disease and have constant nauseaI have been given prescriptions with the same side effects of what I have so I wonder why would I take them

Morning headaches and daily light headedness

Hello to all,  I am writing her in desperation. I have been for the past 6 months waking up almost every day with headaches and continuous light headedness throughout the day. From time to time my ears hurt me but the pain doesn’t last much. I have gone to doctors, Ent’s which mentioned i have labyrinthitis. I have to take pain killers to kill the pain. It has really conditioned my life and...
  • gramybear

Hi everyone

I am brand new to this site and praying I can get some input on what is going on. I get attacks of dizziness and have fainted on numerous occasions. The other night I fainted 3 times before I could make it to my bed and after that I had to hold onto the walls to get around the house. It's horrible and it's been going on for years. Another group told me to look up POTS> I did and I had all the...
  • EricZ

Chronic dizziness on our podcast

Hi there, I hope it's appropriate for me to post such a thing (and if it's not, let me know), but I work with a non-profit podcast about various personal and social issues ("The Humanist Experience"). One of the hosts is a sufferer of a chronic dizziness disorder, unilateral vestibular hypofunction. She recently opened up in some detail about her condition in our last episode, and wanted me to...
  • Keithgray

Eyes wobbling shaking fixation problem

Hi, I believe i suffered severe CO poisoning in 2016 and was wondering if any light could be shed on this debilitating problem i have.My eyes won't fixate, when I look at objects especially in the distance greater than a couple of feet, they seem to wobble...like I can't fixate on them!I had an MRI and it showed asymmetric optic nerve sheaths although the doctor say that's not an issue??? Will...
  • Jcar

Wont give up

Hello, I cannot see certain patterns without my vision going nuts! Well...I've had three major vertigo attacks since my first in July of this year.  Like many, I was rushed to the ER, had tons of tests done and they found 0. As many of you know, vertigo attacks can be extremely scary, and now I can to add aura-visual migraines to the list.  Three days ago I suffered from my first visual...
  • What I once had back in 2007, diagnosed as an inner ear infection, prescribed meclizine, went away and only came back once or twice a year since then.  Starting around the holiday season 2016 it came back with a vengeance.  Weather here in Louisiana has been really strange, no winter at all, had me wondering if that had anything to do with it.  I feel for everyone posting.  It wakes me up...