Dizziness & Vertigo Support Group

Dizziness is the sensation of instability. Vertigo refers to dizziness with a sensation of motion. Vertigo is more likely than other types of dizziness to be associated with nausea, vomiting, or double vision, to occur even when lying down, and to feel better with the eyes closed. If you are a frequent sufferer of dizziness or vertigo, join the group and find support.

2 Online
2 Online
  • Hi everyone, I'm new I've been suffering with th for over 2 months now. Waiting for an ENT appt. and a diagnosis .had BPPV back in 2011 that was awful, I was hospitalized for 8 days and lost 35 days of work.This time around is different though dizziness seems to do well with meds. It's the Tinnitus that drives me crazy and the disequilibrium .i am used to tinnitus as I was shot in 1975 just under...
  • chucha

Brainport balance device

hello to you allI try to get more information about the brainport balance device. it doesn't say anything at wicap.com.thank youSharona (from israel)
  • pastelgoth1

Hi I'm new here

hi I'm new to this site to. My doctor may think it could be my medication making me have vertigo they are not to sure though it's been going on for months now. I just want it to stop its killing me. :-( I can't handle loud noise or thumping bass music or trucks or motorcycles or moving fast or movies doing strange movements. I also can't handle the words up down around round. I can't handle...
  • deleted_user

New ~ not working

Hi all..My name is Dorene and I have been out of work now since the first week in August. My story started out with a vertigo attack...and I have never completely recovered. I still have a constant spacey feeling in my head, unbalanced, head feels "filled up", memory loss and like my IQ dropped a ton. I have gone to an ENT and a neuro-otologist... have been told I have BPPV, Labryinthitis,...
  • Hi everyone: I had my first vertigo episode in December 2014 and I ended up in the ER. It quickly went away and I didn't have any more issues until a year later, December 2015. I had an MRI in January and it was normal. I saw an ENT several times and it was determined that my vertigo was not "benign" so I wasn't eligible for the "Epley Manuever" I have had several more episodes of vertigo, the...
  • Coop

Vertigo

Hello everyone, I am new to this website as I just registered today. I thought it was important to share some information that I found on YouTube believe it or not from someone who experienced vertigo and is now cured. It's all about the possibility of being vitamin B12 deficient. That YouTube video will spell out everything you need to know. The fact that I saw my doctor this past Friday and...
  • deleted_user

Thyroid and dizziness

I have to wonder how much my vertigo/dizziness is related to my hypothyroid/hashimoto's and adrenal issues. Recently it has been discovered that I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and my T3 thyroid hormone has been doubled. Ever so slowly this seems to be helping this dizziness I have had for over 2 years. Vertigo is by far my hardest symptom to deal with. I have been taking a Zyrtec daily to help...
  • Hi thereAfter 2 or 3 bouts of vertigo over the last 6 months and every expensive test under the sun, I finally got a diagnosis today. I have a million questions and also just want some support. The doc gave me a grand total of 15 minutes of her time.... "Okay, so you have this, you always will, and you might go deaf. byeee! "I feel super depressed and isolated.My doc said when she sees people...
  • Hello, I was rushed to the ER friday and found out I had vertigo. THe doc said it could be an underlying virus as well. Of course I was told to follow up with my medical provider, which I don't have one. My long-term provider passed away and the quality of care from the others I've seen have been subpar. I've been healthy for the past six years, with the exception to a few trips to the urgent...
  • just hoping...
  • settingboundaries

Help- care package?

I'm writing for a friend who has had consistent spells of dizziness. This is new health condition for her. It's extremely upsetting as she goes through test after test trying to figure out the cause. I do not know if she has vertigo but I thought this may be a good place to ask advice. I want to support my friend but I live far away. I would like to send a care package of some kind but do not...
  • HiI'm new here and need to talk to others with this type of dizziness. I've have this for 9 months, I've been checked by my gp, a neurologist who says it subjective dizziness, my thyroid doc and my tsh levels are off but working on fixing them, now my ent says I have vestibular dysfunction, and I stared VRT therapy about 2 weeks ago. I have no idea where this came from, just appeared one night. ...
  • Hi - Have you guys heard about this one. I think I've got the prolonged one.On Thursday, I disembarked from a God-awful Carnival Cruise.That very night, I went to bed and was rocking from side to side. I fell asleep and as I recall did not feel so great the next day (Friday) and awoke to a strong tugging feeling like I was back on the boat.That night, I decided benedryl might help. Well, I became...
  • stevebo

Dizzy and need an answer help

i wake up in the morning to go play golf i eat breakfast do a few exercises and head out to the course. I feel off dizzy like i am going to tip over or go down However as i play on riding a cart i get a little better and i am able to play 18 holes however throughout the round i feel terrible awful off just not a happy feeling. The main symptoms are that feeling of off balance dizzy type but...
  • Ok so I have a swimming pool full of medical issues, but last night I experienced something very frightening and very new to me. I was riding in a car headed home we made a turn after stopping at a stop sign. I felt so dizzy I mean SO dizzy commented about it then all the sudden BAM EXTREME dizzy. To the point of grabbing the handle in front of my seat, closing my eyes, putting my chin on my...