Dizziness & Vertigo Support Group

Dizziness is the sensation of instability. Vertigo refers to dizziness with a sensation of motion. Vertigo is more likely than other types of dizziness to be associated with nausea, vomiting, or double vision, to occur even when lying down, and to feel better with the eyes closed. If you are a frequent sufferer of dizziness or vertigo, join the group and find support.

0 Online
0 Online
  • pastelgoth1

Hi I'm new here

hi I'm new to this site to. My doctor may think it could be my medication making me have vertigo they are not to sure though it's been going on for months now. I just want it to stop its killing me. :-( I can't handle loud noise or thumping bass music or trucks or motorcycles or moving fast or movies doing strange movements. I also can't handle the words up down around round. I can't handle...
  • Coop

Vertigo

Hello everyone, I am new to this website as I just registered today. I thought it was important to share some information that I found on YouTube believe it or not from someone who experienced vertigo and is now cured. It's all about the possibility of being vitamin B12 deficient. That YouTube video will spell out everything you need to know. The fact that I saw my doctor this past Friday and...
  • I have to wonder how much my vertigo/dizziness is related to my hypothyroid/hashimoto's and adrenal issues. Recently it has been discovered that I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and my T3 thyroid hormone has been doubled. Ever so slowly this seems to be helping this dizziness I have had for over 2 years. Vertigo is by far my hardest symptom to deal with. I have been taking a Zyrtec daily to help...
  • Hi thereAfter 2 or 3 bouts of vertigo over the last 6 months and every expensive test under the sun, I finally got a diagnosis today. I have a million questions and also just want some support. The doc gave me a grand total of 15 minutes of her time.... "Okay, so you have this, you always will, and you might go deaf. byeee! "I feel super depressed and isolated.My doc said when she sees people...
  • Hello, I was rushed to the ER friday and found out I had vertigo. THe doc said it could be an underlying virus as well. Of course I was told to follow up with my medical provider, which I don't have one. My long-term provider passed away and the quality of care from the others I've seen have been subpar. I've been healthy for the past six years, with the exception to a few trips to the urgent...
  • just hoping...
  • I'm writing for a friend who has had consistent spells of dizziness. This is new health condition for her. It's extremely upsetting as she goes through test after test trying to figure out the cause. I do not know if she has vertigo but I thought this may be a good place to ask advice. I want to support my friend but I live far away. I would like to send a care package of some kind but do not...
  • HiI'm new here and need to talk to others with this type of dizziness. I've have this for 9 months, I've been checked by my gp, a neurologist who says it subjective dizziness, my thyroid doc and my tsh levels are off but working on fixing them, now my ent says I have vestibular dysfunction, and I stared VRT therapy about 2 weeks ago. I have no idea where this came from, just appeared one night. ...
  • Hi - Have you guys heard about this one. I think I've got the prolonged one.On Thursday, I disembarked from a God-awful Carnival Cruise.That very night, I went to bed and was rocking from side to side. I fell asleep and as I recall did not feel so great the next day (Friday) and awoke to a strong tugging feeling like I was back on the boat.That night, I decided benedryl might help. Well, I became...
  • i wake up in the morning to go play golf i eat breakfast do a few exercises and head out to the course. I feel off dizzy like i am going to tip over or go down However as i play on riding a cart i get a little better and i am able to play 18 holes however throughout the round i feel terrible awful off just not a happy feeling. The main symptoms are that feeling of off balance dizzy type but...
  • Ok so I have a swimming pool full of medical issues, but last night I experienced something very frightening and very new to me. I was riding in a car headed home we made a turn after stopping at a stop sign. I felt so dizzy I mean SO dizzy commented about it then all the sudden BAM EXTREME dizzy. To the point of grabbing the handle in front of my seat, closing my eyes, putting my chin on my...
  • ryanpatterson78

dizzy 7 months

i am 20 years old and am a junior in college. ive been dizzy about 7 months now. it just came on suddely one day when i was shopping and never went away. my hands and legs are constantly trembly especially when i havent eaten in a few hours.everything has become extremely tough to handle. i feel dizzy all the time, its hard to walk and im dizzy even when laying down. and i feel like im being...
  • ElleeB

ENT vs Chiropractor

I understand that the Epley maneuver is the way to go to align the crystals. Has anyone had success with this? Do you go to an ENT or a Chiropractor?
  • I have been diagnosed with Chronic Subjective Dizziness and Vestibular Migraine. My dizziness started very abruptly when I stepped off of a plane in San Fransisco on January 16 and felt like I was on the set of Jumangi! The floor was moving and wavy beneath my feet! Thank heavens I had my husband and 2 of our employees travelling with me! I don't know if I would have been able to manuever...
  • topcat19

Hello :)

HiI have only just joined this group and after reading some of your posts I feel better already that there are others who know exactly how I am feeling.I have been suffering from Vertigo on and off for 5 months now. It's horrible as you all know. I comes and goes, some days I'm fine and then others I worry about even walking my daughter to school as I think I may fall (although I never have...