Diverticulitis Support Group

Diverticulitis is a common disease of the bowel, in particular the large intestine. Diverticulitis develops from diverticulosis, which involves the formation of pouches on the outside of the colon. Diverticulitis results if one of these diverticula becomes inflamed. Diverticulitis most often affects middle-aged and elderly persons, though it can strike younger patients as well.

0 Online
  • glucosinolate

First diverticulitis attack

hi. I was  diagnosed with diverticular disease bout a year ago now.  Also had to have gall bladder out too. I get so much diarrhoea it's unreal.  Just had my first diverticulitis attack. How often do people get these attacks. Anyone got ideas to stop the diarrhoea. 
  • Edque

pain

Hello I was just diagnosed with diverticulitis and it has been very painful. Got out of the hospital on Thursday night. When does the pain start to go away?
  • WhateverwillB

Do you always have fever

Hi, I'm a newbie to this site and have a few questions. Six weeks I went to doc with right sided pain (high) that sometimes went low. It hurt and I just felt bad. A CT scan showed slight stranding and I was diagnosed with "early diverticulitis". I had NO fever. I took a 7 day course of Flagyl and Cipro. Those meds made me sick but I stuck it put and pain left. However, I still have "twinges" and...
  • Chrispy89

Change in location of pain?

I think I am Starting my 4th flare up since my first about a year ago. The first 3 were all in my lower abdomin which I was the location they found during a colonoscopy  last February. This morning I felt a slight side ache a couple inches below my ribs (left side) which slowly worsened through the day now I am laying in bed with random bouts of  moderate - severe  pain. I also have a duller...
  • Jerrysangel

So confused...

I am 38 year old female that was diagnosed with this horrible disease bout 6 months ago. I was just told no nuts, seeds, or popcorn. I have stuck religiously to that and I still have accidents. It all started in March of this year I had diarrhea with horrible pain. When started passing blood I went to ER was admitted and told my colon was inflamed. I already had appt with GI couple days later. He...
  • Hawaii58

New to Diverticulitis - new normal?

Hello! New to the group and new to Diverticulitis. Still getting my bearings to this site. I think I initially should have posted this here instead of a reply post.  So here's my story, back on 8/24/2017, I was diagnosed with what they called a mild case of diverticulitis (per CT scan, 7 mm inflammation on the right ascending colon), low grade fever with malaise, pain was like an ache that hurt...
  • KB1

Low FODMAPS diet for DD

Hi!  New here and gleaning much from the archives.  I haven't seen the Low FODMAP diet mentioned here and was curious if anyone here has heard of it or tried it?  My history...  IBS for 35 years.  Colonscopy 10yrs ago showed diverticulosis.  Second colonoscopy last year after my IBS-C changed to IBS-D showing more DD.First DD attack two months ago with fever and severe lower right pain...
  • BernHsn

Ongoing issues

I am curious to find out if any of you have gone to work during an attack. Have had about 6 bouts since 4 day hospitalization about 6 years ago. Relatively mild attacks compared to others I've read about. Mostly cramping, chills and low grade fever. Doc feels I am a candidate for surgery and recommends it but, like I said can I go to work? Work 4 hour shifts as a cashier in a supermarket. Do I...
  • Jimmy04

Diverticulitis

Hello my name is Jimmy I have diverticulitis hemorrhoids hiatal hernia GERD I need help anybody have any suggestions currently seeking something to drink to coat my digestive system anyone have any suggestions I never sleep maybe 2 hours a day
  • Truewinds

Continued bloating feeling

Hello everyone I was just wondering if anyone else experiences a bloated feeling all the time, even when you're eating the correct foods because I do.
  • MikeyGCO

Fever and Chills.

Im not sure why i still get a long fever and chills with the meds im taking.  Its been somewhat impossible to sleep as it give me about 2 hours of sleep.  Im a 37 guy on Flagyl and Metronisazole and sometimes Tylenol #3 for pain but it does not stop.  Any ideals?
  • Dmarinez

Diagnosed today with Diverticulosis

Good morning,To start I'm 32 years old and I'm a fairly healthy male. About 3 weeks ago I started having blood in my stools so my GI recommended I get a colonoscopy. The bleeding was caused by internal hemorrhoids but I was surprised when he also diagnosed me with mild Diverticulosis. He said I had 3 pockets in my intestient. I've had zero symptoms of this disease and now that I am reading about...
  • CRA123

Surgery or No Surgery?a

I'm a 48 yrs old male, & have been dealing with a bout of diverticulitis since late November. I was officially diagnosed after a CT scan on 12/8/16, then was hospitalized for 7 days on January 10th after being off the antibiotics, & having a sever flare up that caused a perforation in my sigmoid colon with a contained pocket of air & infection. They treated me with 7 days of IV antibiotics, &...
  • Truewinds

Trying to eat clean

I was diagnosed with diverticulitis 2 years ago. Suffered a flare up in July since then I've been trying to eat clean as much as possible, I still find myself questioning every meal..
  • yorkiegirl

Post Diverticulitis IBS

Has anyone been diagnosed with the above condition following their bout with DV?  I was and it began as IBS with constipation for about 6 months and recently changed to IBS with diarrhea after adding some of this summer's fresh fruit to my diet.  I'm so tired of having this lower left side cramping pain/discomfort.  Does anyone experience this or has anyone been diagnosed in this way?  For...