Diabetes Type 2 Support Group

Type 2 Diabetes is a condition in which the body either does not produce enough insulin or does not make efficient use of it. Insulin is a hormone needed to convert food into glucose, a sugar that the body uses for energy. Without enough insulin, glucose can accumulate in the blood, and can cause serious health problems such as heart disease and strokes and organ damage such as eye and kidney damage.

1 Online
1 Online
  • greyhounds92

so upset

Two weeks ago I went for my diabetic eye exam then had to schedule for a regular eye exam that I was supposed to go to today well the dr told me then if my blood sugar was high to call and cancel my appt well 8am this morning when I woke up I checked my blood sugar it was 156 which in the mornings lately its been ranging from 140-160 which is my fasting.... Then i took my meds and decided to lay...
  • red47640

What To Do

So my new job is pretty cool in most respects, but I'm having an issue with the commute-- it's 45 minutes in the morning which isn't terrible, but it's more like 75-90 minutes in the evening home. I have to exercise, we all do. But my apartment is small (only 460 sq. ft. or thereabouts). Not that I won't exercise there if I need to. I actually spent half an hour running in place in my apartment...
  • I'd like to share this post from Intensive Dietary Management:I grew up in South Africa, over-weight most of my life with periods of weight loss (yo-yo dieting). In 2002 I went on the X-Diet, a fat-free high carbohydrate diet, for 2 years. Early in 2004 I moved to a new job in Botswana, a neighboring country, and had to have a full medical check-up after which I was diagnosed with diabetes, high...
  • I'm a pre-diabetic. I have been since January 2014. And I still can't talk about it. I don't even want to think about it. I exercise often and eat very little (not as much as my nutritionist says is the healthy range, in fact). I have eating disorders as well. I just feel so alone in this. There are no other prediabetics here in my town-- or if there are, they keep it quiet like I do. I feel very...
  • I'm out. The change to this site is not user friendly at all, not easy to navigate and the regulars have already left. I have patience so I waited it out a bit longer than most. It doesn't seem the people in charge care much about the complaints at all. I have complained thru the dailystrength facebook page and even though they answer back nothing has changed. I know several others have done this...
  • Tonight I had two whole wheat beef wraps, then a couple of hours later, went out for dinner, grilled chicken salad with beets, spinach, cheese and artichoke dip with small fried bread pieces, about 8. And a handful of fries. Then I had 6 pieces of brownie balls, filled with melted chocolate, dusted with icing sugar and dripping in caramel sauce. I finished off the caramel sauce too. My blood...
  • do any of you use sugar substitute or regular sugar when drinking coffee hot tea iced tea etc etc??? if you use a sugar substitute which do u use??
  • Before trying some "new" treatment program be sure you talk it over with your doctor and dietician and make sure it's a good fit for you and your health history. I see a handful of people here and across the internet making promises that simply cannot be fulfilled long term. Remember that what works for one may or may not work for you, but you need to speak to your trusted doctors first because...
  • Hello Everyone! First off I want to say how proud I am of all of you for coming together to support each other. I recently was struggling with obesity and pre-diabetic blood glucose. I read several books and scoured the internet for answers. The information I've found has helped me lose 30 pounds in 8 weeks!! And I'm still losing weight. I want to share my information with as many people as I can...
  • craigidlebrook

Type 2 Nation

Hi all - I just wanted to let you know we have a site for the latest diabetes news. It's at type2nation.com. There, we try and answer basic questions about diabetes, and also provide the latest info on research and nutrition. Hope we can help!
  • sjb02300230

know what

so i know what it can do to you. I am terrified i will find out tomorrow how it is going to be treated. I dont know where to start. Yes i cared for my late husband and his, but this is ME, this is also type 電子遊藝場 真人百家樂 德國益粒可 日本藤素哪裡買 21點遊戲 麻將遊戲 九州娛樂城 莎娜琳3代 美國黑金官方網站 妞妞娛樂城 台湾网上娱乐赌博...
  • I am terrified. Let me start to say i am a 31 year old widow, and my late husband had type 1 brittle diabetes, so i know what it can do to you. I am terrified i will find out tomorrow how it is going to be treated. I dont know where to start. Yes i cared for my late husband and his, but this is ME, this is also type 2 not 1, and who knows whats changed in teh past 3 1/2 years. Every person is...
  • HI I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in feb 2016. I was hospitalized before this with a very large ulcer and diverticulitus. it has taken until 2 weeks ago to find a diabetic medicine i could tolerate. finally im on lantus at night and novalog insulin at meals. This has made me gain weight. I try to watch what i eat. This is hard. Im all alone(51) and was never a cook. getting right med seemed...
  • so i was told that i was diabetic back in February and i went straight to google. i searched meal planning and food to eat and how much and when and i went over board. i was counting carbohydrates and eating right and eating only at certain times, i did that for about 2 months and slowly started to fall off the wagon. now i am eatting like crap and not watching what i eat and not working out, i...
  • getstrong

thanks

I joined about a week ago. Right after I had a flare up of my diverticulitus. It makes you very sick. I have had 2 flare ups in past 4 months and thought it was side effect of the new diabetes med they were trying. Ive been on 2 insulins novolog before meals and lantus at night. they seemed to be the ones. the only thing different before this flare up is ive started recieving a bag of food from a...