Diabetes Type 2 Support Group

Type 2 Diabetes is a condition in which the body either does not produce enough insulin or does not make efficient use of it. Insulin is a hormone needed to convert food into glucose, a sugar that the body uses for energy. Without enough insulin, glucose can accumulate in the blood, and can cause serious health problems such as heart disease and strokes and organ damage such as eye and kidney damage.

1 Online
  • cmichal

prediabetic being proactive

I went to doc and discussed inability to lose weight tho Tg I havent been spiralling gaining. We found high  blod glucose levels. Eons ago, i was twice found to be hypoglycemic  but at that time my mother was paying my medical bills and  she  just made me go on a calories in calories out type of diet, I lost some weight but there was no attention paid to insulin resistance and carb...
  • jimpoe

Been away awhile

I've been on metformin for a very long time and was wondering has anyone else been on it for a long time and suffered stomach and bowl problems like bleeding and such
  • jvoisin26

My grandfather has type 2 diabetes

hello my grandfather has been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes I am in the process of moving in to start taking care of him, whats the biggest challenges when dealing with type 2 diabetes?
  • ddasilva101

Just really scared...:(

Hello,My name is Diana and I am 45 years old, I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 1999 although I believe I had diabetes during my third pregnancy with my son.  I have never taken this diagnosis serious and have played with my health, first I don't test regularly and the dr had me on oral medications and about 10 years ago I began to take insulin on and off, when I say on and off its because...
  • Tired

Teddy Soft Bakes

Sort of like soft cookie.  18 carbs per cookie.  Not a lot of fat.  I think they are pretty good.  Guess I shouldn'tbe promoting sweets, but I can't stay away from them.  I like oranges, and strawberries, ripe bananas but still not sweet enough for me.
  • Tired

Went for A-1c test today

Also got cholesterol test.  Husband had dentist appointment them went to get blood drawn.  So I wanted to get my blooddrawn at same time.  But I forgot I ate a sandwich a couple of hours before blood drawn.  Wonder how that will affect mytest results.  I had whole wheat bread, and two slices of ham.  A little salad dressing on the bread.
  • Skyla818

My Current Struggles

Ok, so I'm new here. I was officially diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in february of 2016. I have struggled with my weight my whole life and I've only recently gotten an answer as to why. My diabetes is a symptom of a larger issue that connects several different issues with my body. My weight, my hair falling out, skin problems, sleep disturbances, and my weakend immune system are all part of a...
  • PeachesLove89

Trulicity: Has anybody used this drug before??

Has anyone been put on Trulicity and what is your experience with it? I filled my prescription but have not taken it yet. I don't like the side effects I've been hearing about and I just want to know someone who has had it before. Thanks
  • flnts001

Where to start?

I have so many things going on and its hard to know where to start...I was put back on diabetes medication back in October, it has been changed several times. The meds that work at lowering the blood sugar cause major abdominal problems. Diarrhea, light colored stool and cramping. The ones that I tolerate well do nothing to help the blood sugar. I have now been on Janumet since December and still...
  • deraming

Everybody is taking medicines?

My doctor told me I have diabetes 2, but no medicines,  she told me watch what I eat.How? I eat very little as it is, mostly fruits, suffer from chronic pain and lately food is not atractive to me.I also showed protein in my tests, with high blood pressure that is controlled with medicine, and high cholesterol.Everybody takes medicines?
  • billwfriend

Seeing the MD on Thursday...first time since being

put on Levimar Pen....I started at 15units and now am pretty good but it is moved to 63units now....I am not sure where she will head with this but right now she told me that things are looking good and keep doing what I am doing....I am sure other things will be discussed because I want my meds in 90day supplies and I need to get some more Norco...I have just 2pills of that left and my knee...
  • blackcrow

meditations

I was looking at the stress posts. I love to do some meditations. Ifthese will help me to reduce the stress of not having a job, you think itwill help my sugar. It seems that I can't break the 200 level. I am eatingmostly proteins and vegetables. Its like the metaformin is not doing anything. What about walking each day, does that help bring down thelevels. If these do, how much do I need to...
  • LivingWater

Treating Diabetes or Pre-Diabetes with Diet

Hi, my fasting blood sugar has been around 106 or 107. Doc considers me pre-diabetic. I am attempting to avoid becoming a full-blown diabetic through eating low-carb and being mindful of the Glycemic Index and Glycemic Load. Since the beginning of 2015 I have lost over 50 lbs. Recently I hit a plateau where I couldn't lose any more. I need to lose at least 30 more lbs. I decided to try an Atkins...
  • Tired

Diabetic Retinopathy

Does anyone have it?  What is your experience with it?  My eye doctor appointment was yesterday.  He said I havea small bleed but not enough for laser treatment.  Had laser treatment once before.  Does keeping diabetes undercontrol really help control retinopathy?
  • billwfriend

my fasting blood sugars have been in 200 range

this morning however they were at 95....there had been couple days where it was in 88-89 range....my doctor knows my numbers as I call them in regularly as she has been adjusting my Levimar Pen Insulin levels....last night I used end of one pen which was 56 and then another pen to get the additional needed but I took 30 not 29 to make 85 I took 86....but that should not have caused the drop so...