Diabetes Type 2 Support Group

Type 2 Diabetes is a condition in which the body either does not produce enough insulin or does not make efficient use of it. Insulin is a hormone needed to convert food into glucose, a sugar that the body uses for energy. Without enough insulin, glucose can accumulate in the blood, and can cause serious health problems such as heart disease and strokes and organ damage such as eye and kidney damage.

1 Online
  • Hi everyone,I wanted to ask for suggestions about diabetes apps for smart phones. I am thinking about programing an app to help monitor blood sugars and medications. But I thought that there were probably other things that people would like an app like that to do. So my questions are this: What would you want an app for monitoring your diabetes to actually do? What would be useful enough to make...
  • MamaH

Carb Binge

I am on a carb binge and need help to break the habit, I have not been able to eat much in the last 7 year due to Gluten Allergies but since being put on Metformin and actos I can eat gluten again. I have been going crazy any advice?
  • I had an A1C in early July after surgery that was 9.7 and my doctor wrote it off to the surgery....then a month later it was down to 9.5 I think....I did another last month and it was still up there in the 9.? range...not sure what it was exactly...doctor took me off Glipeside and put me on Levimar pen insulin....I started at 15units....it is now up to 50units at bedtime....my sugar this morning...
  • Hello Everyone! First off I want to say how proud I am of all of you for coming together to support each other. I recently was struggling with obesity and pre-diabetic blood glucose. I read several books and scoured the internet for answers. The information I've found has helped me lose 30 pounds in 8 weeks!! And I'm still losing weight. I want to share my information with as many people as I can...
  • I'm out. The change to this site is not user friendly at all, not easy to navigate and the regulars have already left. I have patience so I waited it out a bit longer than most. It doesn't seem the people in charge care much about the complaints at all. I have complained thru the dailystrength facebook page and even though they answer back nothing has changed. I know several others have done this...
  • johnhill33

Stem Cell Treatment for  Diabetes

Stem Cell Treatment for  DiabetesIs a protocol designed to help cells sense the level of glucose in the body, in order to help secrete the amount of insulin needed to keep the body healthy and balanced. http://www.stemcellmexico.org/diabetes-treatments/
  • polarbare

Prediabetes

my doctor has done two blood tests and both high she wants to do another where they take blood I eat and they take blood again .... I am on two bipolar meds which I read raise blood sugar ... i have osteo in knees so it's hard to exercise although I am trying... I met with a dietician who said diet was ok well obviously it's not... Is reducing carbs the answer?  How much per day is the best...
  • HI I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in feb 2016. I was hospitalized before this with a very large ulcer and diverticulitus. it has taken until 2 weeks ago to find a diabetic medicine i could tolerate. finally im on lantus at night and novalog insulin at meals. This has made me gain weight. I try to watch what i eat. This is hard. Im all alone(51) and was never a cook. getting right med seemed...
  • MsBlank1

One Of Those Days

I was diagnosed with type 2 almost 3 years ago. I have been being really good and my BS is well under control.I've tried to venture out a bit......but it never works out. It seems that the smell of foods I can not eat seem to raise my BS.It is frustrating at times while surrounded by friends and loved ones who don't have to think twice about what they eat. While they are busy enjoying french...
  • I was diagnosed with T2D about 2 1/2 years ago.  I lost about 20 pounds and was doing great.  Then, over the last year, I was extremely stressed out, so I gained back about 10 pounds and have not been really good about controlling my diet.  I have been taking my meds (metforman and tradjenta), but my fasting numbers worry my.  They range from 120-160.  I was recently on prednisone and that...
  • mrshookano

newly diabetic and need help!!

so i was told that i was diabetic back in February and i went straight to google. i searched meal planning and food to eat and how much and when and i went over board. i was counting carbohydrates and eating right and eating only at certain times, i did that for about 2 months and slowly started to fall off the wagon. now i am eatting like crap and not watching what i eat and not working out, i...
  • Jylliebean

New diabetic

so around a month ago I started feeling symptoms of diabetes I was loosing weight and needed glasses sweat a lot my dad has diabetes so I figured let me check my sugar it was 300 before breakfast so I took the first doctor I could get which turned out to be a nightmare he sent me on my way with 1000mg of metformin without even giving me a basic check up I ate a low carb meal for dinner and took...
  • red47640

Feeling Miserable Lately

I'm a pre-diabetic. I have been since January 2014. And I still can't talk about it. I don't even want to think about it. I exercise often and eat very little (not as much as my nutritionist says is the healthy range, in fact). I have eating disorders as well. I just feel so alone in this. There are no other prediabetics here in my town-- or if there are, they keep it quiet like I do. I feel very...
  • greyhounds92

so upset

Two weeks ago I went for my diabetic eye exam then had to schedule for a regular eye exam that I was supposed to go to today well the dr told me then if my blood sugar was high to call and cancel my appt well 8am this morning when I woke up I checked my blood sugar it was 156 which in the mornings lately its been ranging from 140-160 which is my fasting....  Then i took my meds and decided to...
  • I have a slight bacterial infection that grew from a yeast infection from my high blood sugar levels I am taking care of it now, I am waiting for my hemogloben a1c or whatever its called. I know its gotta be ok I been taking my insulin. But you see this yeast infection I had, caused another infection called a bacterial infection in my vaginal canal, ew I know tmi but I cant get an answer from my...