Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) Support Group

Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (or "chronic lymphoid leukemia") CLL, is a cancer in which too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cells) are produced. CLL is the most-diagnosed form of leukemia in adults. Men are twice as likely to develop CLL as women, however the key risk factor is age: over 75% of new cases are diagnosed in patients over age 50.

0 Online
  • stormspotter

Anyone else?

I saw something today from the LLS website, saying that just over 1/3 of people diagnosed with blood cancers don't survive past the 5 year mark. That just doesn't give me a lot of hope. The biggest battlefield for me is in my mind these days. I'm highly depressed and struggling just to make it from day to day. I encounter people all the time who tell me that "it'll be okay." How do THEY know?...
  • ty567

CLL???? help

I few months ago during routine blood work for a pre-job screening it was found that I had a low white blood cell count. This was no surprise since I have had low WBC since I was a baby. Still I was sent to my GP to get checked out and she then sent my to a hematologist (because she wasn't comfortable signing the form that stated I was fit to work). The hematologist ran a lot of blood work and...
  • stormspotter

New to the group...

I am a 55-year-old male, and was diagnosed with stage 0 CLL in April of this year. I learned that I had this disease as a result of bloodwork done during a routine doctor's visit. I had no idea that I even had this, though I was feeling a bit run down and fatigued at the doctor's office. I was just chalking that up to getting older. At any rate, the doctor's office called three days after the...
  • ChildofGod

Ibrutinib (Imbruvica)

Hello I am actually new to the group. I am wondering if anyone has been or is currently on ibutinib (imruvica) ? 
  • Am posting for my husband who was diagnosed last March 2016 with CLL and Auto Immune Hemolytic Anemia.  He went thru 18 rounds of chemo,  3 days each month, for 6 months.  Last chemo was Aug. 2016.  Has been good off and on.  Pneumonia Nov. 2016.  He's had a few good days.  Blood work looking excellent, but is fighting some sort of infection or virus.  Fever today and yesterday.  Feeling...
  • appleone

Hello

Hello, I am new to the group. My husband was diagnosed with CLL about a year ago. He is just about to start treatment. I hope everyone is doing well.
  • kasara

CLL and cannabidiol

I was recently diagnosed with CLL, Stage 0. A friend with breast cancer has been using cannabidiol (CBD) and feels it has helped her. I have been reading documentation about CBD killing cancer cells. Has anyone here used it for CLL?
  • TooYoung4This

Newly Diagnosed...too young!

Hi I am 35 years old and was recently diagnosed. All of the materials I have read speak of diagnose at 55+. Are there any others who fall outside of teh "norm"  in this group? Any tips? 
  • TeamMowerMan

Symptoms and W & W over

Hello, I joined this support group for support for my husband and myself, his caretaker. He is 41 years old and was diagnosed last October with Stage II CLL. He started with one large lymphoma under his armpit and then after scans found out they were throughout his body along his lymphatic system, everywhere. We have been to Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, MA and our local oncologist...
  • jeaniepeenie

New to this group

I am waiting for results of blood work to confirm that I have CLL. I just turned 61 last week, female, a runner, and go to the gym several times a week. That is why I am so shocked at what the hematologist is postive I have. I am never sick! I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this. I am seeing that there are other stage 0 people on here who have not needed treatment. I discovered...
  • normas64

Imbruvica (ibrutinib) Treatment for CLL

I started treatment for CLL on October 26, 2015. Lymph nodes were so swollen in my neck that it was almost even with my ears. After only 3 weeks on ibrutinib, my neck was normal size as well as under my arms and I am sure all over my body.I am wondering if anyone else has been given this treatment, and if so, were there any side effects. The only one that I have had is high white count which...
  • zip2me

New to board

Hi. I was diagnosed with CLL in July after having a bad routine blood test done. I am on a wait and see, just went to Dr yesterday and he says all blood work looks good, as good as it can I guess. I just want to know if this ever gets easier and how you are suppose to deal with this. I also have hypothyriodism and had a brain aneurysm rupture in 2007. Really feeling like what's next. Everyone but...
  • New2CLL

Newly diagnosed CLL

As a 53 y/o female, I was recently diagnosed with CLL. My elevated lymphocytes, as with many of you, were detected during routine labs. I was referred to an oncologist/hematologist, who performed his own labs, which confirmed CLL, Stage 0. No lymph node involvement, spleen and liver ok. Currently in "watchful waiting" period. Easier said than done.It's scary news, only to be told to watch...
  • AOGroups

Research on CLL

Market Research Company is conducting 1-Hour Telephone/Web Interviews with CLL patients.  Share your story.  Stipend/Honorarium  Offered: $300.00 for your valued time.  We will be conducting these Interviews Thursday, September 22, 2016 – Monday, September 26, 2016.  Email: advancedopinions@gmail.com O:516.208.8448 M: (646) 580-9129 www.AdvancedOpinions.com
  • LTBD7

No symptoms? Really?

My next appointment with the oncologist is two weeks from today so I am already getting a bit anxious. I was diagnosed nine months ago...at times it seems like just yesterday. Like many others on this site, I was totally surprised by my diagnosis. I have been seeing my primary care doctor every six months for the last how many years and nothing has ever shown up in my blood work. I have had a...