Brain / CNS Tumors Support Group

A brain tumor is any intracranial tumor created by abnormal and uncontrolled cell division, normally either found in the brain itself, in the cranial nerves, in the brain envelopes, skull, pituitary and pineal gland, or spread from cancers primarily located in other organs (metastatic tumors). Brain tumors may be benign or malignant.

0 Online
0 Online
  • loopdloop

Meningioma

I have just been diagnosed with a fairly large (size of golf ball) Meningioma. I was sent for an MRI on 7th August '14 as I had recently been diagnosed with Meniere's Disease and was having lots of vertigo, dizziness, balance issues and tinnitus with some hearing loss so the ENT thought maybe I had an acoustic neuroma tumour. My Right ear was having fullness and feeling blocked several times over...
  • I have a benign, bleeding brain tumor called a cavernoma, in my left cerebellum, that was diagnosed in 2010. It is associated with a DVA (Developmental Venous Anomaly). Unfortunately it is inoperable. I had a bleed and stroke in 2008 but at that time they thought it was an AVM. I have many deficits associated with this. Just wondering if there is anyone in this group that has one or has heard...
  • My father, 58, was diagnosed today with a glioblastoma. They said he has a fifty fifty chance of living 2 years. I'm in complete shock but the thing I cannot process is how to keep going when I feel as if the world has stopped moving. I'm sitting in my house feeling like I should be dropping everything, school, work, etc. to spend every moment left with him. I'm terrified of feeling guilty in the...
  • deleted_user

New here...

Hello all!Diagnosed with inoperable Glioma in January 2008 and given a year to 15 months to live. Well, it is 2012...I am still here...lost my husband to leukemia in 2010...kind of blindsided everyone. So prepared for my eventual demise and so less prepared for his. Was a 15 year nurse when I was diagnosed. Not anymore, needless to say. Have lost the ability to drive. Lost our home, lost my...
  • tinaunger50

oligodendroglioma

does anybody here have this or know anything about this type of brain tumor?
  • I recently lost my husband on January 5, 2015. I'm in a grief support group but it's hard to connect with other widows/widowers when they're older... They've all had kids and grandkids and had many good years together. For me, I was with my husband for 7 years and we were married for 1. He was sick for most of our relationship so kids were never an option. I just want to talk to people who better...
  • brightside987

glomus jugular

Anyone know what this is?I have appointments with doctors. I am very allergic to IVP dye. So they are trying to figure out how to run the contrast CT without killing me from the dam IVP dye.
  • Hi, for the past year my teenage son has been experiencing what we call "black out " of his vision. He isn't fainting, passing out but completely aware and it only happens for few seconds then vision returns to normal but feels pressure on eyes but only for seconds then he is fine. We had his eyes checked but everything looks good. Our primary doctor then ordered mri scan. The results have...
  • My late husband died 6 years ago to a Glioblastoma. I saw a news special where they said that there is a new treatment where they injected the polio virus directly into people's tumor and some people have been totally cured. "That's cured.!"This made me cry because there needs to be hope for people with this deadly cancer. I hope they hurry up and do this to as many people as possible so more...
  • moineauu

Could It Really Be?...

After being told by coworkers, friends and family on several occasions that I was suffering from clear memory difficulty I finally decided to make an appointment with a doctor.Upon my exam the doctor told me to make an appointment with a Neurologist as soon as possible, and that if I could not get the appointment within a month to contact her so she can make sure I get in as soon as possible....
  • deleted_user

Glioblastoma

My mother passed recently from a Glio. I am not sure what to do with all of my greif. Anyone else out there experienced this horrible type of brain cancer?
  • She had surgery in May and chemo/radiation. She has been doing fine and we were all thrilled! She went for a new MRI and it's back. She's scheduled for surgery on the 13th and they will put in chemo wafers. Neurosurgeon said she can live up to 33 weeks.I am devastated. Heard about the polio vaccine but there are complications and her surgeon & oncologist are not recommending it.I guess I came on...
  • NVDoula

My daughter.

I'm new to this board. I've been a part of DS for a while, on the SIDS board. Our 12 year old daughter started having severe headaches in November. Then she was having some nausea, blurry vision, temporary paralysis in her legs, dizziness, and bloody noses. An MRI was done on March 4th, and the next day she was sent out to Oakland Children's Hospital after a mass was found in the frontal lobe of...
  • By no means I am promoting this book, only sharing because I found lot of good successful case studies.http://www.amazon.com/dp/938081321X/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=55246403560&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1139749413299633894&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_h1stej1w_bThe cures in here might be worth a shot as an alternative medicine. I was able to use a similar Homeopathy cure for my...
  • deleted_user

brain surgery

I was told over a year ago that I have an astrocytoma. I had started having seizures about 6 years prior to being told that. The doctors argue about weather or not it is an astrocytoma. Some think it may be some type of lesion or scar tissue I was born with. They have done video monitoring, which showed nothing, PET scan, MEG scan, MR spectoscopy, and seem to have gotten nowhere in their...