Bereavement - Teens Support Group

This community is focused on teens who have lost someone close to them. Grief is a multi-faceted response to loss, and while most people focus on the emotional response to loss, it can affect us behaviorally, physically, and even spiritually. This is a safe place to talk about how you're feeling and coping with grief, and to share experiences that have helped you through.

0 Online
0 Online
  • abandonedheart

New to this

Okay, so this is my first post on here. I was told to look on this sight because I'm not doing so good. About 2 1/2 weeks ago I was scrolling through facebook and I found a status, and I found out that my sister died. I called my mom, and she told me it was going to be okay and it was probably some sick joke. It wasn't. She had overdosed on heroin. Nobody told me, and I had to find out through...
  • To make a long story short, I lost my mother to Coronary Artery Disease a few months ago (in September). She was only 36. I'm only 15. I've tried so hard not to do the whole "pity me" thing, because that's not who I am or what I do, but I don't know what to do anymore. I watched her die right in front of me. She had no idea she was sick. My little sister found her collapsed on the floor of our...
  • gummey

bye dad

ok so I went to visit my dads grave today I am going through a lot anyways my fucking life is falling apart ....my depression is getting worse but I am hear to say I miss my daddy and wish he was here anybody else feel this way ???
  • glasboi

I lost my dad

Hi guys. My dad died in late may this year, he was 40 years old and had his 3rd heart attack. I am 15. I am just having a awful time right now, I don't want to upset my mum, and my friends don't understand. They think I should get over myself, and i am looking for attention, but nothing like this has happened to them. I find myself crying a lot, and i feel so lost without my dad. We weren't the...
  • teeey96

Anxiety/ Fears

Hi, I'm new to this, but I though I'd share my feelings. So about two months ago I lost my grandfather to liver cancer.By far this is my worst life experience. I feel like it has flipped my whole lifeupside down, my whole mind set has changed. My mind is racing 10x faster than usual. I find myself thinking about life and death a lot. I experience an anxiety attack on Christmas day because I was...
  • deleted_user

Does it get easier?

So, I lost my dad in a motorcycle accident in April of 2012, and recently I've been really missing him a lot and suddenly crying a lot about it, and I was just wondering if someone could tell me if it gets easier, even just a little bit. Thanks.
  • My father past away when i was 7 years old and now im 16. I know what most people say "you were too young to get attached to him or realize the space he left" but no my father and i were not just attached but we were one, my relationship with him was amazing and how much i love him and miss him can never be described with words. My relationship with my mother is terrible and i cant help but think...
  • Hi, I'm new to this support group. I just thought it'd be nice to introduce myself and maybe get to know someone. My name is Amanda, but it seems that when people speak my name they get lazy and drop the A, so I'm forever known as "Manda". I'm 17, and my momma just passed away in April of this year. She had cancer and battled it for four years. She was the best mom anyone could ever ask for
  • harrisonk15

Nightmares

It has been nearly a year since my Dad died, and I suffer from really bad nightmares. They are constant, and I don't know how to deal with them. I wake up in tears and for the rest of the day I just can't concentrate on anything. I also suffer from panic attacks when I cry a lot.Does anyone have any advice please?
  • I only met my father when I was 13, then about 2 weeks after we met he died suddenly. I'm 17 now and I've never really dealt with it.I just started therapy but I feel really angry since then. I don't want to talk about it with anyone, I just want it to go away.My life was really messed up, the dad thing was just one of many really crazy things that happened. I'm trying to do better, in school and...
  • My cousin (who is also my best friend) ODed on heroin (her bf injected her and he got arrested for murder). I just can't get over it. she's been gone for 4 months and 8 days. Everytime i look at her children i feel myself break a little more. what should i do?
  • lorelei96

few weeks left

my dad is very sick. he has been an alcoholic for 18 years, im 18 almost 19... yall can do math. but now his body is shutting down and im watching my favorite person in the world die. how do I even begin to cope or prepare for this... im mad, sad, numb, broken. idk how to process any of this.
  • I cannot fathom life without her. I cannot even express how much this hurts. My heart is so heavy.
  • Step-father (very close, a real father to me) committed suicide a couple of weeks ago. He had depression and anxiety, he just couldn't take it anymore. I feel miserable all the time, even when I seem like i'm ok. I feel selfish for asking, but i guess, i just need someone to talk to...
  • chloe9801

there is nobody left

i grew up only being cared for by my mum , we were a team! we did everything together and she took on the role of both parents. then nearly 2 years ago my mum got the news she was very ill and was diagnosed with stage 4a cervical cancer that had spread massively , for a whole year before this diagnosis my mum had been going to the doctors yet the doctor constantly told my mum there was nothing...