Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Support Group

Atrial fibrillation (AF or afib) is an abnormal heart rhythm (cardiac arrhythmia) which involves the two small, upper heart chambers (the atria). Heart beats in a normal heart begin after electricity generated in the atria by the sinoatrial node spread through the heart and cause contraction of the heart muscle and pumping of blood.

0 Online
  • Ruzam

AF Mended

Sharing my fortunate experience to hopefully benefit others…about a year ago I was a frequent reader of this blog.My first AF episode was 20 years ago in my mid 30’s.  It occurred every few years thereafter and would convert with rest and Diltiazem after a day or two.  Then a couple of years ago the rate and duration increased greatly, with some episodes lasting over a month.  The trigger...
  • EddiePittsburgh

No Afib Since Oct 10th 2015. 1 Year Off Flec

I still take 180 cardizam xr. Went into Afib from stress from gambling.  Was scary. My heart still speeds up for a Second or 2. Still get PVC Pav's.   But been getting them since 18
  • aladyur

Loop Recorder

I have been wearing a Reveal Loop Recorder since 2014. My cardiologist has decided to leave it in until it wears out. I forgot to ask how many years. Does anyone know? Thanks
  • tkbaby397308

A-Fib /

I have had A-fib since age of 50.  I just had me second heart ablation.  I am getting ready to turn 55.  While I don't have a physical job, my job is very stressful.  I was @ work today and could fill the a-fib trying to come through.  I don't know what to do.  So discouraged.
  • pacyetep

Come On Over to stopafib.org forum

Sign up here: http://forum.stopafib.org/You will find others from daily strength there.Sign up tab is on upper right of above page.pete
  • georgedoherty

Successful ablation number 2

Diagnosed with AF in Jan 2014. Tried various drugs to try to keep AF under control and was continually taking pradaxa to thin my blood in case of strokes. By October 2015 I had enough and decided that catheter ablation had to be tried as drugs were not effective. Ablation no. 1 in November 2015 was not successful. Just the opposite!.. with daily episodes of AF lasting hours at a time. To say I...
  • npuglin

Newly Diagnosed and Struggling

My symptoms appeared out of the blue a month ago, and after several unpleasant procedures, I'm struggling to sleep because the symptoms come at night. When I lay flat I get pressure, burning, and shortness of breath. When I sleep sitting up, it helps but is a nightmare. Another wrinkle is that I use a CPAP machine and that seems to make it worse. I'm taking my meds and I'm fine all day, the...
  • Frisc

Confused about my A Fib

I just joined this group, but I have posted on the High Blood pressure forum for several years.  I just had my second Afib "episode" last Sunday night.  My first one was 6 and a half years ago.  I am 43, don't smoke, have an active lifestyle / job, and am somewhat athletic. I believe beer was the cause of both of my episodes.  That is where my confusion comes from, as well as my first...
  • keepumping

Just a support group?

Hi all, well, where do we go from here? I guess when I first started this group, it was all about learning about afib. Thanks to you all by the way, I did learn more than I ever thought I could. However, now what? I haven't seen much new in quite a while, not bragging just proves I've been around a lot. I've tried a lot of medications and I can't say I really liked any of them.  I had a...
  • deleted_user

Young Women With Paroxysmal A-Fib

I'm curious to see if there's other young women who have been diagnosed with Paroxysmal A-Fib. I was first diagnosed with this when I was 30. I'm now 34 and have just experienced a second episode. Doctors have told me I'm pretty young to be diagnosed with this. I've read other stories about young men being diagnosed with Paroxysmal A-Fib, but I haven't read about any experiences from young...
  • Paul60

90 day report-Paul's ablation #2

Well gang, Im through the 90 day blanking period and am pleased to report that I have had no AFIB events since Ablation #2 as measured by my subjective experience, my Oximeter, my blood pressure meter (which also measures heart irregularity), and my EPs reading of my imbedded reveal Linq monitor (50 days ago). I have experienced an increase in periods of palpitations (PVCs?) (usually lasting...
  • IslandLuvr

Graves Disease and Afib

Do any of you have Graves Disease? (Hyper-thyroidism?) I have been reading about the connection between Graves and Afib. It seems that people with Graves (even if you had your thyroid taken out, radioactive treatment, or anti-thyroid medication) are at greater risk of developing afib than those who don't have thyroid issues.I was under the mistaken impression that if your thyroid levels are...
  • MikeMike

I found an Chinese herb that suppresses Afib

Wenxin Keli suppresses Afib naturally without invasive procedures. Almost every Afib patient drinking pure Wenzin tea see a significant reduction in their Afib. A heard about the many successful studies of Wenxin Keli. For a family member, I contacted a distinguished Chinese doctor, who put me in touch with people in China, who had the real thing that was studied and not the mixes of Wenxin with...
  • yogacat

Afib visit

I had just gotten to sleep when there was a pounding.. "Wake up Carol, Wake up, it's me, Afib"    What......you were just here 2 days ago, go away.   This makes 3 times in 3 weeks, what is going on, why are you here?????    " Oh Carol, it may be that you have been out taking pictures in 100F or 110F feel like, and when you knew you shoud leave, you stayed.   Or it might be that you have...
  • TatianaC

Severe torture by Canadian law enforcement

I have been put through severe torture by Canadian law enforcement by loud sudden and constant sounds from extremely loud and sudden to constant causing atrial fibrilation, it doesnt stop and they keep me in a heart attack and stroke state every day where my health deteriorated and is now in a grave condition, i couldnt find a way to stop this severe abuse, they cover it up and hide, how can I...