Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Support Group

Atrial fibrillation (AF or afib) is an abnormal heart rhythm (cardiac arrhythmia) which involves the two small, upper heart chambers (the atria). Heart beats in a normal heart begin after electricity generated in the atria by the sinoatrial node spread through the heart and cause contraction of the heart muscle and pumping of blood.

0 Online
  • DebW

I was diagnosed with AFib

Hello,I was diagnosed with Afib in January of this year. Since then, I have had a few other issues and have found out I need to have surgery.I was told by the surgeon that even though I will be having heart surgery to replace my bicuspid valve and my aorta (I have a large aneurysm), the AFIB may still become an issue at a later date.Has anyone in this group had a valve replaced and still have...
  • fatboy

found the search feature

i'll search amioderone. thanks
  • fatboy

amioderone?

wondering if any of you are on amioderone. i took it for two months and felt the best i've felt in a year. no afib after having almost constant afib. due to a couple side affects my dr had me stop the drug till i have some lab work to check out my liver. anyone else have problems with this drug?   
  • deleted_user

brain drain

A week ago I had another attack of atrial fib that lasted for 5 hours, went to hospital. I had an ablation done 8 months ago, and I continued to have a-fib episodes but far less then before the ablation. I have SOB,chest tightness with pain in back, and weakness, but the biggest problem is left sided headaches with confusion. I can't seem to deal with the simplest task. Does any one out there...
  • metis44

Afib with low BP

New here.. looking for others that have afib with low blood pressure and heart rate.. Now I am on the beta blocker and Medodine (which does the exact opposite of the beta blocker).. talk about a fight in my body.. its unreal.. One is trying to slow heart rate and the other trying to speed it up..  
  • Pritto

Like living with a time bomb

Having Afib to me, is like living with a bomb that may go off at any time. It may go off in one minute, or one year, five years, or tomorrow morning. It takes me weeks to lose the stressful expectation that it is going to happen again, soon. Then, when I feel fine, there it is again, suddenly. My afibs last for between 5 to 12 hours. I had my first afib attack way back in 1991. I didn't...
  • Surfrat

Just checking in.

Well, it's certainly been a long time since I stopped in here at Daily Strength. It's quite obvious that there's been a major website reconstruct during my absense. A little tricky to get used to at first. I hope all is well and who's still here from the old site?? - Tom (aka: Surfrat)
  • Pooka

New to AFIB

I'm new to AFIB. Acute onset in ER after a terrible accident. I progressed from being asymptomatic to symptomatic, and episodes last about 12 hours, coming more regularly now. I don't have high BP, and Beta Blockers made me pass out. I'm athletic and finding myself drained of energy for days after an occurrence. So, I'm considering ablation . . . does anyone have any experience or knowledge of...
  • tkbaby397308

A-Fib /

I have had A-fib since age of 50.  I just had me second heart ablation.  I am getting ready to turn 55.  While I don't have a physical job, my job is very stressful.  I was @ work today and could fill the a-fib trying to come through.  I don't know what to do.  So discouraged.
  • aladyur

Loop Recorder

I have been wearing a Reveal Loop Recorder since 2014. My cardiologist has decided to leave it in until it wears out. I forgot to ask how many years. Does anyone know? Thanks
  • JackM

Tikosyn

After 5 failed ablations for A-Flutter and A-Fib, I was put on Tikosyn, which put me in normal sinus rhythm within 2 hrs.  This was over 4 years ago and my arrhythmias have been controlled.    What is the evidence that I can safely stop the Tikosyn?  A colleague of mine was on the drug for 1 year to control his A-Fib - - his cardiologist said it was OK to stop, which he did with no...
  • jimer54

I am looking for advice

Years ago I was diagnosed with A-fib. It happened after binge drinking daily for quite a long time and I think upset my electolytes in my body. I was given metoprolol at the time and I returned to feeling good. I started exercising and eventually got my doctor to allow me to stop the meds. I did good.Then about 9 years later, I had a bout with cellulitus and my body temperature went up to 105. I...
  • saladsmell

Recently diagnosed - age 36 - anxious

Hi all. I'm 36, no other health issues except sleep apnea (well treated with CPAP for five years). I had a terrifying SVT/afib experience and hospitalization out of nowhere about six months ago and am on cartia. I hate the way that it makes me feel (sleepy all the time). I feel like I'm too young for this and am incredibly frustrated and depressed over it. What's more frustrating is that I was...
  • EddiePittsburgh

No Afib Since Oct 10th 2015. 1 Year Off Flec

I still take 180 cardizam xr. Went into Afib from stress from gambling.  Was scary. My heart still speeds up for a Second or 2. Still get PVC Pav's.   But been getting them since 18
  • AB4924

Lone Afib

Hello all. In January I had a single indicent of Afib. No previous heart history, no real health issues beyond high cholestrol (On crestor now) and pre hypertension (On dlitiazem er following afib). I spent a night in the hospital and moment before a scheduled cardioversion, I returned to sinus rythym. I had an extensive cardiac ultrasound performed and all was normal expect minor mitral valve...