Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Support Group

Atrial fibrillation (AF or afib) is an abnormal heart rhythm (cardiac arrhythmia) which involves the two small, upper heart chambers (the atria). Heart beats in a normal heart begin after electricity generated in the atria by the sinoatrial node spread through the heart and cause contraction of the heart muscle and pumping of blood.

0 Online
0 Online
  • keepumping

Just a support group?

Hi all, well, where do we go from here? I guess when I first started this group, it was all about learning about afib. Thanks to you all by the way, I did learn more than I ever thought I could. However, now what? I haven't seen much new in quite a while, not bragging just proves I've been around a lot. I've tried a lot of medications and I can't say I really liked any of them. I had a...
  • Sign up here: http://forum.stopafib.org/You will find others from daily strength there.Sign up tab is on upper right of above page.pete
  • ray2500

I REALY HATE THIS SITE

I HAD TO GET A NEW ID SINCE MY OLD ID WASNT RECOGNIZED , JUST GOING THROUGH THSI SITE IS GIVING ME AN ANXIETY RAY LOS AMGELE S
  • Paul60

Hi Gang

I haven't been here since they changed the site. Boy this new site really sucks. I feel good, no AFIB since ablation #2 in March. STill working 2-3 days/week. The new stock exchange I have been building for the last two years brought up their first symbols on Friday. Over the next three weeks we will bring up the remaining 8,000+ symbols to be a fully funstional stock exchange. You can read...
  • Has anyone heard from Annette (Bergeram)? The last I heard she said she was depressed and went to a clinic for help (around September 2015). Then silence… I did some detective work and figured out her address from the things she had said and wrote her a New Year’s card (snail mail). I heard nothing. Then I contacted the association that she was treasurer for and asked them. They...
  • It took me 5 minutes to remember how to post on this forum with the new format. There is a "News Feed" and you can't post there. The ORDER the posts are in is problematic also. The old format showed the latest posts on top. With this format, you have to click on the original post to see who posted and the date. It used to be easy to see the CONTENT of what the latest posts said. For example, if...
  • yogacat

Afib visit

I had just gotten to sleep when there was a pounding.. "Wake up Carol, Wake up, it's me, Afib" What......you were just here 2 days ago, go away. This makes 3 times in 3 weeks, what is going on, why are you here????? " Oh Carol, it may be that you have been out taking pictures in 100F or 110F feel like, and when you knew you shoud leave, you stayed. Or it might be that you have been...
  • After 2 ablations at home my doctor has decided to refer me to Mayo in Rochester. I'm looking for the best, but of course who isn't. Looks like he is talking about refering me to Dr Paul Friedman. A lot of these doctors are friends and know each other, I don't want to just go to my doctors buddy. I can't find any reviews on this guy. Any one had it done at Mayo? Anyone have the name of a good EP...
  • Wenxin Keli suppresses Afib naturally without invasive procedures. Almost every Afib patient drinking pure Wenzin tea see a significant reduction in their Afib. A heard about the many successful studies of Wenxin Keli. For a family member, I contacted a distinguished Chinese doctor, who put me in touch with people in China, who had the real thing that was studied and not the mixes of Wenxin with...
  • lalab707

Update

I have not posted much lately, I tried to find out when the last time was and had no success. So hopeing I do not repeat myself. The short story is I fell in February broke left foot, bone chips right wrist and small torn rotator cuff left shoulder. Nothing was a major I jury just several small issues bruises and long rehab.Back to semi normal and wanting some routine back in my life. I did find...
  • SameDayNurse

Oh For Heavens Sake

Finally found whatever this is I have been looking for......consider myself fairly intelligent haha but maybe not so much on this website.....seems like a lot of us havent found the way yet. All is well in my world nothing new to report, still the Queen of Flecainide and still feeling great. Hope to check back more often and find things somewhat back to normal . jan
  • pacyetep

ECHO

HELLO HELLO Hello hello helloANYONE THERE? THERE? There? there?...
  • diamorrow

Thought I lost u all

I had such a hard time finding the new site. Hope the format changes a bit.I went one whole month without an episode then had one last night that lasted 12 hours. I am on Sotalol and it seemed to be keeping it in check. No clue what triggured it. It always sems to start in the middle of the night and I dont have sleep apnea or am overweight. This is just so frustrating.Glad to be backDianne
  • roadrunner37

I can't figure out how I can see the latest posts. Help.
  • Hi Everyone, I have been missing you!!! I didn't know the "good ole" site was still operational, and have been here mostly alone for the month. This site will get more user friendly as time passes IMO. They have come a Long way since it opened!!!! So, let's hang on. After my wonderful almost 8 mos. NSR, I am back to once a month episodes. I have changed my conversion technique. I used...