Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Support Group

Atrial fibrillation (AF or afib) is an abnormal heart rhythm (cardiac arrhythmia) which involves the two small, upper heart chambers (the atria). Heart beats in a normal heart begin after electricity generated in the atria by the sinoatrial node spread through the heart and cause contraction of the heart muscle and pumping of blood.

1 Online
1 Online
  • SameDayNurse

Oh For Heavens Sake

Finally found whatever this is I have been looking for......consider myself fairly intelligent haha but maybe not so much on this website.....seems like a lot of us havent found the way yet. All is well in my world nothing new to report, still the Queen of Flecainide and still feeling great. Hope to check back more often and find things somewhat back to normal . jan
  • yogacat

Afib visit

I had just gotten to sleep when there was a pounding.. "Wake up Carol, Wake up, it's me, Afib" What......you were just here 2 days ago, go away. This makes 3 times in 3 weeks, what is going on, why are you here????? " Oh Carol, it may be that you have been out taking pictures in 100F or 110F feel like, and when you knew you shoud leave, you stayed. Or it might be that you have been...
  • keepumping

Just a support group?

Hi all, well, where do we go from here? I guess when I first started this group, it was all about learning about afib. Thanks to you all by the way, I did learn more than I ever thought I could. However, now what? I haven't seen much new in quite a while, not bragging just proves I've been around a lot. I've tried a lot of medications and I can't say I really liked any of them. I had a...
  • pacyetep

ECHO

HELLO HELLO Hello hello helloANYONE THERE? THERE? There? there?...
  • Does anyone else have longer or more a-fib episodes when they have a cold? I can’t remember the last time I had a cold or virus (probably thanks to the yearly vaccines). I’m in the middle (or hopefully near the end) of a horrid summer cold and I’m having longer and more episodes of a-fib. I guess misery loves company…Carpe diem,atp
  • diamorrow

Thought I lost u all

I had such a hard time finding the new site. Hope the format changes a bit.I went one whole month without an episode then had one last night that lasted 12 hours. I am on Sotalol and it seemed to be keeping it in check. No clue what triggured it. It always sems to start in the middle of the night and I dont have sleep apnea or am overweight. This is just so frustrating.Glad to be backDianne
  • roadrunner37

I can't figure out how I can see the latest posts. Help.
  • Hi Everyone, I have been missing you!!! I didn't know the "good ole" site was still operational, and have been here mostly alone for the month. This site will get more user friendly as time passes IMO. They have come a Long way since it opened!!!! So, let's hang on. After my wonderful almost 8 mos. NSR, I am back to once a month episodes. I have changed my conversion technique. I used...
  • pacyetep

Spending My Time...

I've been spending my time on http://forum.stopafib.org/ since the change here. I always felt that stopafib forum had the best information and that this forum was like a happy family... a lot of support and empathy... but I'm not feeling it now... it feels like no-one's home.
  • pacyetep

This New Format Sucks

I can't believe they messed this website up so much. I think we will lose members. I had to reset my password. It didn't recognize me. I can't see the posts that are recent. It seems to jump from a few recent posts to some very old ones. This is bad. petey
  • rexob

Atrial fibrillation

I contracted AF a few years ago after having a stent fitted. The surgeon said it could be easily fixer by a small operation which I had. It lasted about ten minutes after the operation and the surgeon admitted the operations hardly ever work. What a waste of time and money. Doesn't bother me except it's a little disconcerting when having a blood pressure test.
  • Does anyone have an enlarged left atrium? Has it effected your voice?I do and maybe. Since I’ve had a-fib my left atrium has enlarged (in spite of two ablations and medications). Last year I noticed that my voice would fail me occasionally. Then it got progressively worse. It sounded like it hurt when I spoke but it didn’t. When it got to the point that people were cringing when...
  • The old format was much better
  • kcali

Energy Level

I have been put on a betablocker and a rhythm control medication. I am wondering if the fatigue ever levels off. I will be returning to work soon and am concerned about having the energy necessary to get through the day.
  • lalab707

Update

I have not posted much lately, I tried to find out when the last time was and had no success. So hopeing I do not repeat myself. The short story is I fell in February broke left foot, bone chips right wrist and small torn rotator cuff left shoulder. Nothing was a major I jury just several small issues bruises and long rehab.Back to semi normal and wanting some routine back in my life. I did find...