Asthma Support Group

Asthma is a disease of the human respiratory system where the airways narrow, often in response to a "trigger" such as exposure to an allergen, cold air, exercise, or emotional stress. This airway narrowing causes symptoms such as wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, and coughing, which respond to bronchodilators.

0 Online
  • Smart inhalers like Asthalin Inhaler are detected inhaler that are used and transmitted data. These inhalers Smart inhalers are used for treatment and prevention of bronchospasm in patients with reversible airway obstructive disease.Learn why is Asthalin Inhaler a smart inhaler and how does it work? Will smart Asthalin inhalers work with all types of meds? Where can I get a smart inhaler? Click...
  • Fee

Asthma and Xolair

Hi I am new to this group and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Xolair and its common side effects. I take the shot every two weeks for my asthma and this is my 4th shot. I am putting two and two together and believe the shot is responsible for some mild dehydration and dizziness or making me off balance. Anyone else experiencing side effects? How long do they last. I have...
  • Oliverwilliams10

Asthalin Inhaler

Hello!Doctor has suggested me Asthalin Inhaler coz I got 2 normal attacks in this month.Have anybody used it before. How does it works. I Know about the ventolin inhaler!I am also buying it from here http://fortunehealthcarepharmacy.com/asthalin-inhaler-100-mcg-200-mdi-salbutamolcoz I read much more use of this inhaler here.Can anybody help?
  • rose07042k

New

Hi,I was told that I had asthma as a child but does not remember. But now I have asthma and low lung funtion. As I child I never like to take deep breath and now I try but at times I cry becuase of how it feels. At times I cannot catch my breathe but does not know if it my asthma my doctor does not know either. I have to do a test on my heart. I have a mild heart issue which I was told not to...
  • Increased exposure to gaseous air pollutants such as Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) and Ozone (O3) can impair the function of blood vessels in the lungs and raise the risk of cardiovascular disease, according to a study.The findings showed that air pollution is a major public health issue for people living in polluted urban areas where exercise could damage the lungs and potentially lead to decompensated...
  • Good2balive

Struggling

I have chemical induced asthma which is a work related injury that has gradually worsened over the 6 years I have had it. I am totally disabled from the condition which has completely altered my life. I just need to talk to others who experience the everyday depression of being on extreme amount of medicine,  people not understanding your situation, not being able to live a so called normal life...
  • masseffectN7

New to the club

hey everyone! I'm new to the club I just joined because I feel I need to meet some like minded souls. Struggled with depression around 11 years and anxiety alongside it. I'm on meds was on fluoxetine but started to get down bad so had to change currently on citalopram and doing better. Only problem is I've recently been diagnosed with asthma and it's absolutely terrifying me and of course...
  • Ging89

Help

Im new to this beathing issues and i went to the allergist and she said i had allergies to mold and cats ect... but then told me i have vocal cord disfunction and said that i would be cured after i did breathing exersizes but the breathing issues came back and i think it asthme cause i also go it to this horriable choking attacks were i end up gagging after i cough has anyone had any of these...
  • deleted_user

Lung pain in back

I am currently in the middle of a terrible flare up, no medicine is working, not even prednisone and my back (where my lungs are) is in a lot of pain so much so that I can't sleep on my back and most of the time can't think straight during the day.Does anybody have any advice or anything that worked?Thanks,TracieHere's praying we all get the relief we need somehow?
  • Maciej

Way to monitor kid's asthma? [My brother's asthma]

Hi guys, Are there parents of kids with asthma? My younger (5yo) brother's astma got a lot more severe lately, and my mother is obsessed with all time contact and having an eye on him. Could you tell me how are you dealing with their asthma attacks especially when you are not around? What is the hardest and why? Do you have some method of knowing what is the condition of your child? Maybe she...
  • DarknessEmbraced

Smoke from dumpster fire causing asthma to act up

Yesterday when I was walking back from the grocery store I breathed in thick smoke from a dumpster fire. The fire was out but the dumpster lid was completely black. I started coughing and felt my chest tighten. My chest was sore and tight after I went back home. I used ventolin, took my usual dose symbicort, alvesco and my steroid nasal spray. I used expectorant syrup and saline in my nebulizer....
  • ac168

Asthma Care Project: Creating a Mobile App

Hi everyone-I'm a full-time student at tryDesignLab.com, studying User Experience Design.  My portfolio project is to design a mobile app that would help monitor and track asthma symptoms, triggers, and medication usage.I'm reaching out to anyone that has moderate to severe asthma (or cares for someone with asthma), and asking you to take 5-10 minute survey.  It would really help me understand...
  • Elizabeth1s

I feel so alone/defeated ...Bronchospasm

hello,first for some background:i didn't develop asthma symptoms until college ( currently going into my senior year now). It started out as just being a little hard to breath when it was humid and I working out (3 years Ago). Since then it has grown worse. I never had an asthma attack. But I get very bad exercise induced asthma now. I even just have trouble walking around outside sometimes when...
  • dar2044

This may be a stupid question...

Hello. I am new to these boards and new to asthma. I have been diagnosed in May and recently had a methacholine challenge test that indicated I am in the moderate range. Because I am new to all of this, I have a question. I just moved to a new city where they have really great opportunities (compared to what I am used to) to be active such as tons of nature trails, and gym programs like...
  • DarknessEmbraced

Asthma flare due to cold still ongoing

Today is my last dose of prednisone and azithromycin. I saw my family doctor who said to just use saline nebules in my nebulizer more often. That I wasn't wheezing so more prednisone wouldn't help. I hardly ever wheeze. I'm having a really hard time with chest congestion, chest soreness, and shortness of breath. I wish this flare/ cold would just go away!