Asthma Support Group

Asthma is a disease of the human respiratory system where the airways narrow, often in response to a "trigger" such as exposure to an allergen, cold air, exercise, or emotional stress. This airway narrowing causes symptoms such as wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, and coughing, which respond to bronchodilators.

1 Online
1 Online
  • When my asthma is acting up I sometimes get swelling in my sternum/breastbone area making it hard to cough up phlegm and making my chest hurt. Does anyone else get this and if so what helps it? So far I've only had to wait for it to go away on its own. I don't know if it's lymph nodes or waht causes it. I'm having it right now.
  • eashline92

Despite all my medication...

My asthma is not well controlled. I went to the doctors today and he listened to my lungs. There was wheezing despite using my rescue inhaler, my controller inhaler and my Singulair. We are thinking the next step is a nebulizer. I never had asthma as a kid but I developed Moderate Persistent Asthma last year. I am sick of it. I've spent plenty of time in the ER for severe asthma attacks this...
  • we sell cheap authentic inhaleryou can check our sitewww.buyonlineventolin.com
  • dar2044

This may be a stupid question...

Hello. I am new to these boards and new to asthma. I have been diagnosed in May and recently had a methacholine challenge test that indicated I am in the moderate range. Because I am new to all of this, I have a question. I just moved to a new city where they have really great opportunities (compared to what I am used to) to be active such as tons of nature trails, and gym programs like...
  • zzzgirl

Asthmatic

Hi.. I am new to the asthma thing..2 days ago I got another bad attack and and doctors have asked me to rest after giving me some meds. MedixonZeos and TurbuteBut the doctor told me i cannot be fully cured.. that this can keep happening to me..Is that true??But this means my daily actiity gets distrupted.. i had to take 3 days offf from work.. but i still feel breathless and weak. is anyone going...
  • Hi... I've never been on a forum like this, but I'm desperate for other people's experiences or tips on freaking dealing with asthma and cat allergies. Fd up thing is I've dealt with asthma for like 30 years, and I've always had cats, horses and also work in Veterinary medicine. I've taken allergy shots, every antihistamine and many inhalers. So, long story short, my cats (18 and 19 yr old)...
  • Hi All, I'm working on a project to understand how other people live with asthma. it's completely confidential. If you have 5-10minutes to answer this survey I would greatly appreciate it. http://goo.gl/forms/fgtS0bYs5gdihkGI3 if you have any questions, feel free to reply. Cheers, Jolene
  • hello,first for some background:i didn't develop asthma symptoms until college ( currently going into my senior year now). It started out as just being a little hard to breath when it was humid and I working out (3 years Ago). Since then it has grown worse. I never had an asthma attack. But I get very bad exercise induced asthma now. I even just have trouble walking around outside sometimes when...
  • sneezinggirl

Does bamboo mattress help?

I have been suffering from Asthma since childhood. I am under treatment and since many years my asthma had been lying low without much troubles. But sometimes I have trouble while sleeping which is probably is due to the dust in the bed or the pillows. I clean the bed everyday but still somedays I wake up due to persistent cough. My husband recently saw an ad about a bamboo mattress (...
  • Source:- http://www.belmarrahealth.com/asthma-attack-risk-reduced-by-green-dry-cleaning-using-co2-vapor/Interesting Read.... Need your opinion guys??If you have breathing problems or asthma, some household cleaning products can really bother you and irritate your breathing passages. But theres hope. New products to help clean the homes of allergy sufferers could one day make their way to the...
  • derekd-gilbert

New to Asthma

November 30,2015I was told I have Asthma and I am Still learning how to get control of my asthma , I could use some help,
  • I think I now have asthma. For the past 2 years I have gotten bronchitis a few times per year after even mild colds and used a rescue inhaler, advair (trying to avoid oral steroids) and then oral steroids to get rid of it last year. And now that we moved to Florida, 2 months later I have had breathing problems for a solid month. For the first 2 weeks i had shortness of breath ,chest pain and...
  • CinfullAngel

New here...have questions...

Hello all, I am newly diagnosed with asthma, have been out of work for going on 2 weeks now with breathing issues....My pulmonologist just put me on Singulair, Pulmicort inhaler, and prednisone on Monday. I still have this junky rattling in my chest, coughing stuff up, it is really hard to get anything up but when I do the rattling is still there....Will it ever go away? Will I always be short of...
  • toffeecushion

Is this Asthma?

I'm not sure if any of you can help me but I am looking for some advice. My husband has had a cough for about 4 years now. At first he was diagnosed as having asthma, but he then went to see another doctor in the same practice who said it wasn't asthma. He had a chest x ray, which was clear and we had a CT scan done privately which revealed scars on his lungs. His cough persisted and just...
  • Hi, everyone. I'm new to the site, after looking for a support group that meets in person in Indiana and finding none. I am not new to asthma, however, and I'm starting to question a lot of things about my diagnosis and treatment plan. Of course, I have a good doctor and always take my meds as prescribed, avoid triggers...etc etc etc. But since I was diagnosed at age 5, and I am now 36,...