ADHD / ADD Support Group

Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and attention deficit disorder (ADD) are more common than you might think. It is a syndrome that exhibits symptoms such as hyperactivity, forgetfulness, mood shifts, poor impulse control, and distractibility. Join others who suffer from these conditions and share your experiences.

0 Online
  • Hi Everyone,I've been reading through a lot of posts and feel comforted knowing that there are others out there going through the same thing. My husband and I have been on quite the journey with our son, who is now 7. There have been many frustrations, unhappy moments, lots of crying, multiple therapists, psychiatrists, the list goes on. This is by far the hardest and most frustrating thing I...
  • Melissa_anne

Recently Diagnosed

Hey everyone, I was recently diagnosed with ADHD at 34.  I honestly never knew that I had it til now.  I saw something online and for fun wanted to check the symptoms of ADHD and found I fit a lot of the criteria.  I went to the Dr. and they diagnosed me with it.  I have gone years thinking I am an idiot, thinking I just get bored with projects easily, being called ditzy was normal for me,...
  • jasw4914

My 13year mold son has ADHD...

I have twins and my son has ADHD and my daughter has ADD. They both have meds but my son has refused to take it any longer and he has gained 30lbs since Sept. He's rude, disrespectful and he doesn't listen and his room is a mess! I've had it., I not going to give up but if he doesn't out grow this he will find him self in a lot of trouble. He doesn't think. Blames me for everything. I am just...
  • Nicole0508

ADHD in High School

I was dignoised with ADHD in the second grade. It never really bothered me until I got to high school. I cannot sit still for the whole 50 minutes I am in class. I get detention because I have to talk to keep me from getting distracted or completly unfocused. I cannot do well in school and I want to get into a good college. 
  • uagyrl

Any adults with ADHD on here?

I was recently diagnosed with ADHD as a 35 year old. I am struggling with insurance to pay for meds since I wasn't diagnosed when I was a kid - crazy right? I must have had it all along. I can't finish projects, I start WAY too many projects at once and get lured into starting another before I finish. I'm also struggling with severe depression and anxiety, which I know doesn't help. Just...
  • jjeffer7

ADD Teacher

Hi everyone, I am a teacher with ADD and I have trouble with everything! Mostly, I have way too many things on my plate such as getting my house work done and keeping up with my to do list. I am wondering if anyone else is a teacher and struggles also. I have a lot of issues with students talking too much which is a major distraction and it is very difficult to get them to stop. There are so many...
  • deleted_user

Meds causing Tachycardia?

I wanted to know if anyone else here (or their children) got tachycardia from ADHD medication? Did you (they) see a cardiologist? and if so, what was said? Is the tachycardia actually CAUSED from the medication or is it usually something that was present before meds, but the meds made it more pronounced?This is my background:My son was on adderral from about november until june...we switched to...
  • tableI

Adhd

I've been diagnosed with adhd 5 year ago and I'm also bipolar.My impulses are out of control,I can never have a conversation longer then a few minutes or I drift off.I'm an artist which is especially frustrating I try to paint one canvas that I don't finish and forget what I was painting.I move onto several projects with my art so I can sell some of it.I've have projects that have collected...
  • iggy_pink

i need an advice.anyone online?

hi. i just want to seek advcie from you guys. i refuse to feel sad and miserable because i want to enjoy my life. I have anxiety and depression and ADD possibly. Possibly because i have inattention that maybe caused by anxiety or ADD. The doc doubled my dose on antidepressant to cure the inattention. If it will not work, he'll assess me for add. he said i should go back after a month. My problem...
  • ala06290410

Help Advice please

I’m needing a little advice. My son is 9 and was diagnosed with ADHD combined type with severe impulsivity ODD and mood disorder at 4 years old. He had to get evaluated at such a young age because his case was so severe they were prepared to refuse him at preschool if he did not get doctor evaluation. After his initial intake with psych doctor and discussing all options we started on Dexedrine....
  • Hey guys. I'm 14  and I found out 3 days ago that I have ADD. I always thought i may have ADD or ADHD but my doctors confirmed and put me on 30mg of vyvanse. I took one capsul this morning and I started to do some online school work and imediatley noticed a difference and that i was able to focus a lot easier and stay on task. But i started to notice that I was having very bad heachaches,...
  • Hi, my 7 year old son was recently diagnosed with ADHD. He was in a local and very traditional indian school that just couldn't cope with him so I had to take him out and start homeschooling him. I know it was the right decision as he's doing much better with his work but I'm finding it a real struggle having him around the house so much. My maid takes him out to various classes three times a...
  • dinglehopper

I think I may have adult ADD

Two years ago my psychiatrist asked me if I had any kind of learning disability do to my poor performance in highschool (I graduated in 2013) to which I responded "no." I had never been tested for anything and teachers assumed if they just tutored me more, I'd do better. It's 2016 and I'm starting to realize (thanks to a super demanding job) that I literally cannot focus for more than five...
  • rach

IS IT LIKELY I HAVE ADHD

Hi there, I recently wrote a post, please check it out (: What are the signs of ADHD?? And how to you know if you have it severe or not?? xoxoxo
  • brookewilliams02

Anyone else fell this way?

Am I the only one who feels like I'm invisible until someone needs something. And like no one ever listens when I talk.