ADHD / ADD Support Group

Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and attention deficit disorder (ADD) are more common than you might think. It is a syndrome that exhibits symptoms such as hyperactivity, forgetfulness, mood shifts, poor impulse control, and distractibility. Join others who suffer from these conditions and share your experiences.

2 Online
2 Online
  • Hey guys. I'm 14 and I found out 3 days ago that I have ADD. I always thought i may have ADD or ADHD but my doctors confirmed and put me on 30mg of vyvanse. I took one capsul this morning and I started to do some online school work and imediatley noticed a difference and that i was able to focus a lot easier and stay on task. But i started to notice that I was having very bad heachaches, getting...
  • hi. i just want to seek advcie from you guys. i refuse to feel sad and miserable because i want to enjoy my life. I have anxiety and depression and ADD possibly. Possibly because i have inattention that maybe caused by anxiety or ADD. The doc doubled my dose on antidepressant to cure the inattention. If it will not work, he'll assess me for add. he said i should go back after a month. My problem...
  • Hi, my 7 year old son was recently diagnosed with ADHD. He was in a local and very traditional indian school that just couldn't cope with him so I had to take him out and start homeschooling him. I know it was the right decision as he's doing much better with his work but I'm finding it a real struggle having him around the house so much. My maid takes him out to various classes three times a...
  • Two years ago my psychiatrist asked me if I had any kind of learning disability do to my poor performance in highschool (I graduated in 2013) to which I responded "no." I had never been tested for anything and teachers assumed if they just tutored me more, I'd do better. It's 2016 and I'm starting to realize (thanks to a super demanding job) that I literally cannot focus for more than five...
  • rach

IS IT LIKELY I HAVE ADHD

Hi there, I recently wrote a post, please check it out (: What are the signs of ADHD?? And how to you know if you have it severe or not?? xoxoxo
  • Am I the only one who feels like I'm invisible until someone needs something. And like no one ever listens when I talk.
  • Hi, it's my first time here so if i'm doing the 'wrong' thing please feel free to let me know (: I have discovered 4-5 days ago that I most probaly have ADHD, my bofriend is 19 years old and he and his sister both have it. We've been together for around 8 months, during that time he has noticed strong signs and symptoms of ADHD. I will list SOME of the things I do I guess...I am always tapping my...
  • Families of ADHD children,I'm sorry I have not written anything in a while. Life has been going on and my son with ADHD is now 12. He has been on Adderall for the past few years, which is has been working fine, but with the same side effects of any other stimulate medication, mostly effecting his eating.Last year I was talking with some friends that I had recently met, and we were talking about...
  • I have a 4 year old, that was adopted at birth. His biological Mom used drugs, therefore he was considered a drug exposed baby. There was nothing out of the ordinary happening until he was almost 4, and now I can't even describe the amount of chaos in my home. He's very intelligent, but he's aggressive with other children, to the point of being a bully. He can be very selfish, and will defy...
  • leifsurferboy

Summer Holiday

I love summer break. For me mostly it means I can take a break on medication. I love my pills during the year because without them I feel like an walking, talking idiot that can't think.But now, it's summer again, when I can gain weight and feel like myself, "goofy and unpredictable," Mum says.Does anyone else get happy when you don't have to take your Concerta?
  • zachdaddy

16 year old with ADHD

I have a 16 year old son with ADHD. He's been on a couple of different medications over the years and has been in Intuniv now for about 3 years. The problem that I'm having is that I don't know if I'm dealing with ADHD problems or obnoxious teenager symptoms. - He forgets to hand in homework.- He's absolutely belligerent to get out of bed in the morning and procrastinates so much that he misses...
  • leifsurferboy

13 with ADHD

My name is Leif and I'm thirteen. I was diagnosed with ADD 2010, and ADHD 2013. I have a great mother who has tried everything to help me and then some. We even moved to Hawaii to be close to the water and near my father. I like when my doctor gives me a break from medication during the summer. Medication for some is like a night and day experience or zombie / human. It sometimes takes time for...
  • jay75

Need Advice

My son is now 12 and was diagnosed years ago with ADHD, ODD and PDD NOS. I got full custody of him when his mother's parental rights were terminated when he was about 7. He has 2 other younger siblings that his mother had her rights terminated on also. It has been a very long road and just when we thought we were out of the woods puberty hit. He has picked up some of his old habits when he was...
  • hollypop

New here

Hi all, my name is Holly and I'm brand new to this forum - apologies in advance for the long post. My son will be 9 this month and was diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 4. I work in children's mental health and ADHD runs in his father's side of the family, hence the early diagnosis. My son has so many strengths and positive qualities - humour, intelligence, he is kind, caring, empathetic,...
  • so my doc gave me adderall for adhd and depression and the first day i took it it worked wonderful but now a few days in im irritable and moody and anxious and i sweat terribly. i feel like its really not working other than make me clench my jaw and stare into outer space. what should i do? i normally take 60 to 120mg in a day