ADHD / ADD Support Group

Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and attention deficit disorder (ADD) are more common than you might think. It is a syndrome that exhibits symptoms such as hyperactivity, forgetfulness, mood shifts, poor impulse control, and distractibility. Join others who suffer from these conditions and share your experiences.

2 Online
  • NonADHDspouse

Just trying to keep my marriage afloat .........

For whatever reason, lately my husbands adhd has been having a worse effect on our marriage than previously. I don't know if its just because Im less tolerant of the things that happen around here because of the adhd or if it is getting worse. We've been fighting alot. I mean ALOT. We have 2 small children, and I often feel like Im chasing after 3. Its frustrating because I feel like Im...
  • mimosatea

ADHD and memory

Does anyone else keep forgetting what they were doing in the middle or forget everything they intend to do when they leave/enter a room? How severe does it get for you, and is it related to your ADHD?Trying to figure out how much I should be worried because while these experiences are common they have suddenly increased for me. I am not currently taking medication for ADHD after finding out I...
  • basil93

Does anyone else here deal with RSD...?

I've heard about 'rejection-sensitive dysphoria' as a phenomenon frequent to ppl with ADHD but I don't know much about it and I think I deal with it a lot and that it's becoming a big problem in my relationship. Does anyone else deal with this / have tips?
  • jaydonboey

how can i control adhd

im just asking if anybody can help me you know tips or trick to focus on studies if you got adhd
  • skii

Hey

Hi I have ADD and I'm in high school and have a lot of homework because I can't focus or give a crap to do it anyone have any good tips or tricks that have helped them through this? Just wondering 
  • deleted_user

Does my son have ADHD???

I have a 3 year old son who is truly the definition of a problem child. At least people label him that way, I see him as my sweet innocent baby that doesn't know better. But everybody in my family says he knows better by now, and that I should discipline him differently. He is constantly on the go, can not concentrate for even a short period of time to do a couple flash cards. I had to take him...
  • deleted_user

does my son have adhd?

My husband has adhd. Its full blown I definatly can see it. matter of fact its ripping us apart. my paitions is ran dry with him. But my son, I don't see it. He's only 6. He does have an anger problem, but I can't blame him. Anger has been A major issue in our home for the past 5yrs. just getting stronger and stronger. My husband and I have gotten in a lot of mild fights. and I mean fights not...
  • sadpolarbear

Ritalin

i have bipolar 2 and now think I may have add how would Ritalin or some other stimulant affect my bipolar, I have no motivation,focus, concentration, life is just sad
  • sbunch0816

Scared for my children.

I have a 6 year old son who was diagnosed with ADHD last month.  For the past few years we have been struggling with him listening, especially to myself (mother) or anyone who is authoritive to him.  Almost 2 years ago now my son has had to share a room and be around my fiancees son who is also 6, he is complete opposite of ADHD so it is hard for him to be patient with my son all the time....
  • tableI

Adhd

I've been diagnosed with adhd 5 year ago and I'm also bipolar.My impulses are out of control,I can never have a conversation longer then a few minutes or I drift off.I'm an artist which is especially frustrating I try to paint one canvas that I don't finish and forget what I was painting.I move onto several projects with my art so I can sell some of it.I've have projects that have collected...
  • cuz they are so close to me right now, relationship wise. One of them is my youngest son, another is my youngest daughter and another is my fiance of almot 9 years. Then there is his oldest daughter. She doesn't live with us and neither does my youngest son, but we still have frequent contact with both of them and it seems to be putting a little bit of a strain on our relationship as a whole. I...
  • bornconfused

Trapped...

I was diagnosed with ADHD 8 years ago.  Since then i have been on medication but take it only when I need to study.  Now i am in medical school so the need to take the medication is very frequent.  Some days are good and productive, but other days the side effects hit me hard.  I become very critical of myself to the point of tears, my appitite is severly curbed, my concentration is so...
  • jayq

Preschooler ADHD treatment

My 3.5 year old was just diagnosed with ADHD. We have had two visits with a MFT. One just my husband and I and one with my daughter. What type of therapy will they do with her? Medication isn't an option at this time. I have heard ABA is for Autism but sometimes can be used for ADHD. I am feeling a little overwhelmed with it all but I am also overwhelmed by the behavior of an ADHD child so it...
  • lisapp

mum with ADD

any other mums here with ADD and advise. my days could be reallly hectic with me running around with my millions sorts trying to follow my regular routine is tough work
  • CarlieP.

Research

Hi everyone, I am a student in my final year at university and am currently doing my dissertation on the well-being of parents/carers/siblings of those with children diagnosed with ADHD. I am doing this as i have a huge interest in this area, and am interested in the effects and support that those closest get/require. I would be hugley grateful if any of you could spare just 5-10mins filling out...