Acne Support Group

Having a bad skin day? Year? Life? Join the club. The most common form of acne is known as "acne vulgaris", meaning "common acne." Excessive secretion of oils from the sebaceous glands accompanies the plugging of the pores with naturally occurring dead skin cells (corneocytes) blocking hair follicles. Here you'll find how others are coping with their acne issues, plus new ideas to try.

0 Online
  • thechloeproject

Breaking out so bad

My skin is so bad right now, i have had acne for 4 years and my skin was doing so good for a whil and then it completely freaked out on me, i have more normal/moderate size pimples all over my forehead and then a HUGE scab right next to my eyebrow and a pimple nxt to my nose and a well healing pimple in my cheek. I just feel so fucking ugly just disgusting and i hate myself right now.
  • Daniellexoxo

Wanted to share how I was able to overcome acne

I really want to spread the word about my treatment because I lived with the nightmare of acne for YEARS and feel that no one should have to suffer. Sometimes the remedies can be worse than the acne itself.My story: My acne started when I was 15 and lasted until I was about 31. I'm 35 now and have had totally clear glowing skin for the last 4 years. I never thought it would be possible. Some...
  • Pain13

Confidence with acne.

How can you possibly gain cofidence when your face is ridden with acne and acne scars? It's the never ending loop of Stress'ne.. Stress leads to acne, which leads to stress and so on and so forth... Anyone with past experience? Thanks in advance...
  • PANDA_FAIRY2

ACNE

I've been dealing with acne for about half of the year. Acne has affected me so much, I was the typical girl who only had pimples here and there but now it feels like i get acne everyday. My doctor prescribed me benzaclin, i'm pretty sure my acne is hormonal, and now i just feel so ugly. I have good and bad days but I wish I had the skin I used to.
  • leesawyer1994

Volunteers needed for research project!

Hello everyone! I am a postgraduate student studying my Masters degree at Swansea University in the United Kingdom. I’m looking to recruit men and women to take part in a research project exploring the experience of individuals living with visible acne. I have lived with acne since my early teenage years and this has has ignited my academic interest in how others like me experience the...
  • tomo96

Roacutanne experiences

hello, I've just joined, I have had acne for pushing on 10 years (am now 21) and recently it's started to affect my self confidence. As an aspiring maths teacher I can't have this. I was offered roacutanne last year but after hearing the horror stories and side effects I was very put off, but after trying what seems every antibiotic, creams, and lotions prescription or drug store bought it seems...
  • AngelLegna

Korean skin care tips

Affirm in this way, to begin off, if one thing the Korean skin care tips  are glad for, it must be their lovely skin. They have such immaculate skin and for a justifiable reason! I say this since I know it's no mean accomplishment to keep up unblemished skin. The Korean ladies devote a ton of time towards making it look that way. On the off chance that you've at any point seen Hallyu Stars...
  • AngelLegna

Skin care steps

Finding a healthy skin schedule that works for you can appear like a ceaseless delight journey.  Skin care steps  With so much healthy skin counsel out there and huge numbers of items to look over, it can be hard to know where to center your vitality. Yet, underlining most healthy skin methods of insight and hypotheses are five fundamental strides that shape the establishment of a decent and...
  • AngelLegna

Exposed skin care reviews

Wonderful outcomes; 98% of clients saw clear skin in under 30 days. Uncovered is the main item to utilize particular logical actives and numerous effective characteristic added substances to clear skin inflammation quick with no dryness or bothering.  Exposed skin care reviews  In the wake of checking on numerous skin inflammation items, we found that Exposed is one of the absolute best items...
  • adeselms

I have a solution

are you suffering from embarrassing acne? I also suffered from acne since the age of 11. I wore heavy make up to cover up my pimples. I now am able to go foundation free thanks to Rodan + Fields!   I started using on unblemish in November of last year, my results were so amazing that I became a consultant. All of our products come with a 60 day empty bottle moneyback guarantee.  So if for...
  • Nohemimi

Coming off the pill nightmare

Hello.I'm new to this group. I am 30 years old and during my teenage years never really struggled with acne, just a zit now and then. I started taking the pill (yaz and yasmin) when I was about 22 because I was in a commited relationship. When that was over I tought there was no point in keep taking it, and I do get bad side effects related to the pill, pain in my legs due to poor circulation and...
  • foreveryoung

Treatments for acne!

Hi there!  If you are suffering from chronic acne, Dr. A. David Rahimi at the Los Angeles Acne Center offers many different treatments for acne and acne scarring. Treatments include topical creams, pills, acutane, chemical peels, injections, skin needling, dermabrasion and many different laser treatments.  Dr. Rahimi is one of the most experienced acne surgeons in Los Angeles; he will put...
  • Danaerys

Adult acne -- just started

Hi Everyone, I just joined the group a few minutes ago, and it is good to know that I am not alone. I am 53, and, up until approximately one month ago, I had clear skin. Then I had my first breakout, which I suspect might be related to hormonal changes -- at least in part. Anyway, my doctor started me on Differin, and I would be interested to hear from anyone who has used this medication....
  • covejack

Survey regarding potential treatment

Hi there,I am a student at Elon University, and below is a quick survey regarding potential treatments for acne. The survey was created by four undergraduate business students at Elon University for a senior capstone project. There is an opportunity to be entered in a lottery for a $250 Visa gift card at the end of the survey. Thank you very much for your...
  • peter10

To know about laser treatments

I was reading about various skin treatments that help for skin resurfacing (http://www.thecentrefordermatology.com) .  I read about a lot of laser treatments in it. I would like to know whether there are any side effects for laser treatment? Can we apply laser treatment on all type of skin tones? Can we apply laser treatments if we have any other health issues like diabetes or anything like...