Acne Support Group

Having a bad skin day? Year? Life? Join the club. The most common form of acne is known as "acne vulgaris", meaning "common acne." Excessive secretion of oils from the sebaceous glands accompanies the plugging of the pores with naturally occurring dead skin cells (corneocytes) blocking hair follicles. Here you'll find how others are coping with their acne issues, plus new ideas to try.

0 Online
  • adeselms

I have a solution

are you suffering from embarrassing acne? I also suffered from acne since the age of 11. I wore heavy make up to cover up my pimples. I now am able to go foundation free thanks to Rodan + Fields!   I started using on unblemish in November of last year, my results were so amazing that I became a consultant. All of our products come with a 60 day empty bottle moneyback guarantee.  So if for...
  • Nohemimi

Coming off the pill nightmare

Hello.I'm new to this group. I am 30 years old and during my teenage years never really struggled with acne, just a zit now and then. I started taking the pill (yaz and yasmin) when I was about 22 because I was in a commited relationship. When that was over I tought there was no point in keep taking it, and I do get bad side effects related to the pill, pain in my legs due to poor circulation and...
  • tomo96

Roacutanne experiences

hello, I've just joined, I have had acne for pushing on 10 years (am now 21) and recently it's started to affect my self confidence. As an aspiring maths teacher I can't have this. I was offered roacutanne last year but after hearing the horror stories and side effects I was very put off, but after trying what seems every antibiotic, creams, and lotions prescription or drug store bought it seems...
  • Pain13

Confidence with acne.

How can you possibly gain cofidence when your face is ridden with acne and acne scars? It's the never ending loop of Stress'ne.. Stress leads to acne, which leads to stress and so on and so forth... Anyone with past experience? Thanks in advance...
  • foreveryoung

Treatments for acne!

Hi there!  If you are suffering from chronic acne, Dr. A. David Rahimi at the Los Angeles Acne Center offers many different treatments for acne and acne scarring. Treatments include topical creams, pills, acutane, chemical peels, injections, skin needling, dermabrasion and many different laser treatments.  Dr. Rahimi is one of the most experienced acne surgeons in Los Angeles; he will put...
  • Danaerys

Adult acne -- just started

Hi Everyone, I just joined the group a few minutes ago, and it is good to know that I am not alone. I am 53, and, up until approximately one month ago, I had clear skin. Then I had my first breakout, which I suspect might be related to hormonal changes -- at least in part. Anyway, my doctor started me on Differin, and I would be interested to hear from anyone who has used this medication....
  • covejack

Survey regarding potential treatment

Hi there,I am a student at Elon University, and below is a quick survey regarding potential treatments for acne. The survey was created by four undergraduate business students at Elon University for a senior capstone project. There is an opportunity to be entered in a lottery for a $250 Visa gift card at the end of the survey. Thank you very much for your...
  • Daniellexoxo

Wanted to share how I was able to overcome acne

I really want to spread the word about my treatment because I lived with the nightmare of acne for YEARS and feel that no one should have to suffer. Sometimes the remedies can be worse than the acne itself.My story: My acne started when I was 15 and lasted until I was about 31. I'm 35 now and have had totally clear glowing skin for the last 4 years. I never thought it would be possible. Some...
  • peter10

To know about laser treatments

I was reading about various skin treatments that help for skin resurfacing (http://www.thecentrefordermatology.com) .  I read about a lot of laser treatments in it. I would like to know whether there are any side effects for laser treatment? Can we apply laser treatment on all type of skin tones? Can we apply laser treatments if we have any other health issues like diabetes or anything like...
  • laurens2604

Acne For Teens

I am twelve and I thought that I was just in my awkward stage, but I have had horrible annoying acne for over three years now. And of course you don't want to have people staring at your face, so I put on makeup making it worse.
  • melissa2487

Chest & Back Acne

Any ideas how to get rid of Chest Acne?I've had it for 20 years... I've tried everything from apple cider vingaer, to over the counter meds, to baking soda. I have not been to a dermaologist just because I don't have money to go. But anyone have any ideas? All these things always work but for a short amount of them and then they stop. What worked for you guys?
  • SeanRobinson

Dermotolamania

I have bad acne but the main issue is that I can't stop picking at these small imperfections and turning them into big red marks! On bad days I don't leave my room (I'm a student) and spend up to about 6 hours in front of a mirror applying various products, drying oozing spots with a tissue and picking. This compulsive behaviour, as far as I can tell, was born out of anxiety that I look ugly with...
  • hhhaaaarrrrryyyyy

Acne

all my friends are perfect and great in each ways as it is, it also happens they all have clear skin and perfectly spot free faces, why am I the only boy that I know with acne, I have very low self esteem, seen many doctors and they've prescribed lots of things that haven't work, feeling very hopeless:(
  • caracm

Adult Cystic Acne

I have been suffering since puberty (I'm 31) with regular-ish acne but for the last three years I've suffered from horrible cystic acne like I'd never had before. This is my first attempt at seeking support for this and I've vowed to get more aggressive about battling what has become a HUGE and almost all-consuming physical and mental problem. I've spent THOUSANDS on facials and top of the line...
  • Kats_6

Welcoming any advice/guidance

Hi everyone.I'm not too sure if I'll get any response to this but hopefully somebody else might take comfort in reading this. I've been suffering with acne since the age of about 10 or 11, with it's severity changing over the years. I'm now 17 and have reached the worse it's ever been. I've tried every drugstore face scrub/toner/cleanser and every natural at home diy remedies under the sun,...