Acne Support Group

Having a bad skin day? Year? Life? Join the club. The most common form of acne is known as "acne vulgaris", meaning "common acne." Excessive secretion of oils from the sebaceous glands accompanies the plugging of the pores with naturally occurring dead skin cells (corneocytes) blocking hair follicles. Here you'll find how others are coping with their acne issues, plus new ideas to try.

1 Online
  • Hi everyone.I'm not too sure if I'll get any response to this but hopefully somebody else might take comfort in reading this. I've been suffering with acne since the age of about 10 or 11, with it's severity changing over the years. I'm now 17 and have reached the worse it's ever been. I've tried every drugstore face scrub/toner/cleanser and every natural at home diy remedies under the sun,...
  • I finally started treatment for my acne. I started doxycycline about a week ago now. Its too soon to tell if it's helping my acne but I'm already having problems. I'm sick to my stomach all the time. I'm also kind of dizzy. I feel like I'm motion sick. My pharmacist says it's totally normal. I'm hoping that I get over it soon. I'm supposed to be taking it for six months. Did this happen to...
  • I really want to spread the word about my treatment because I lived with the nightmare of acne for YEARS and feel that no one should have to suffer. Sometimes the remedies can be worse than the acne itself.My story: My acne started when I was 15 and lasted until I was about 31. I'm 35 now and have had totally clear glowing skin for the last 4 years. I never thought it would be possible. Some...
  • luluj

Acne AND Rosacea - What a Treat!

So I was recently diagnosed with Acne Rosacea, which from my understanding means that my acne is caused by my rosacea? I was prescribed Metrogel and switched to a gentler cleanser. Otherwise, I'm wondering if anyone else has this and how they deal with it? As you can imagine, it's been difficult and I'm excited to get my life back under control.
  • anonymous756

alright, i don't have acne issues but i still get self-conscious about it. i'm going to start using clean and clear, proactive, and hydrogen peroxide. hydrogen peroxide hurts like hell with open wounds and feels weird but what it does is actually clean all the crap out and disinfects. i'll update on my results over the next few days!!
  • Nessmord

Severe Cystic Acne

Hi everyone. I've had severe cystic acne for two years and I am having a hard time with my self esteem. I wonder if anyone one else feels the same way. 
  • Hi, I'm Apple0054. I just joined this site in the hopes that I might be able to connect with some people who can identify with me. I have moderate acne. My 19th birthday is in a few days. and I've dealt with what feels like horrid skin since I was 15. It only gets worse, though it moves from region ro region on my face. In the beginning, it was arround my nose. That left some serious scars. Since...
  • Has anyone had luck with the Home Derma-roller? I've been using one for a bit @1.25 for some deep/boxcar scarring on my cheekbones, but haven't seen much yet. Testimonials look great for various rollers, just not sure if they are BS.The spa's are way too expensive for me.Thanks,Brooke¬†
  • sandy04

Advice for skin picking?

Please tell me i'm not the only one experiencing this!Anyone else with this type of compulsion?
  • melissa2487

Chest & Back Acne

Any ideas how to get rid of Chest Acne?I've had it for 20 years... I've tried everything from apple cider vingaer, to over the counter meds, to baking soda. I have not been to a dermaologist just because I don't have money to go. But anyone have any ideas? All these things always work but for a short amount of them and then they stop. What worked for you guys?
  • deleted_user

Adult acne

I am a woman in her 40's and I have ad an acne problem since I was in my teens. I still break out and it aggravates the hell out of me! To make things worse, because I am an adult, acne of this kind is worse than the adolescent kind and it's harder to treat!
  • caracm

Adult Cystic Acne

I have been suffering since puberty (I'm 31) with regular-ish acne but for the last three years I've suffered from horrible cystic acne like I'd never had before. This is my first attempt at seeking support for this and I've vowed to get more aggressive about battling what has become a HUGE and almost all-consuming physical and mental problem. I've spent THOUSANDS on facials and top of the line...
  • meganrjohnson

Has anyone tried Unblemish for their acne by Rodan and Fields? It is from the doctors that created Proactiv and has been great for acne in both teens and adults.
  • dambrc

Spironolactone and Birth Control

Hey, I was wondering if anybody here was on spironolactone for their acne. I've been taking 100 mg a day combined with my birth control (zarah) for 6 months and I'm still breaking out...but it's the weirdest thing... around the time of my period my breakout goes away and clears up. weird right?! usually its the other way around. For about a week and a half i have nice skin, then the other 3...
  • elzbthnjhnsn

First time without Make Up

I am not entirely sure what I am getting at by posting this, but last week I went camping in Moab, Utah with one of my closest friends and for the first time in 12 years I went outside in the open for one day. I decided I would try it prematurely because I knew we were camping, but it was definitely difficult. I cried that morning knowing I wouldn't have a mask and it was really hard for me to be...