Veterans Support Group

This community is dedicated to all veterans of armed forces, and the health and life challenges they face. A veteran often refers to retired armed services personnel, one one who has served in the armed forces and has an honorable discharge. Join many others in sharing your experiences to find support.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Hello. I hope this is not a bad place to ask this. It is not important other than my own memories of things my husband shared with me , long ago about the Army and Green Berets/Special Forces things he did during the Vietnam War era...He passed away 2 years ago after battling early onset Alzheimers.I was telling my niece about some humorous times in the 80's and 90's when he would take me...
  • deleted_user

PTSD Group

Has anybody experienced going to a group to help with PTSD? By the way, I think they should drop the "D" form PTSD.
  • jacobdo77

Attention Veterans

If you are a veteran, as I am, it is very likely that at some time in the future you will visit a Gastroenterologist, at a Veterans Administration Hospital. Prior to visiting the V.A.s gastroenterologist, I was diagnosed, on two separate occasions, by civilian doctors, as having Hypochlorhydria (low stomach acid). Hypochlorhydria prevents the foods you eat from being digested properly. It also...
  • docjjosh77

Veterans Beware

During a recent consultation with a Veterans Administration Gastroenterologist, the doctor told us that of the several hundred patients he has treated, he never once found anyone that had Hypochlorhydria (low stomach acid). He also indicated that he doubted that any other gastroenterologist had ever treated patients with low stomach acid. When question about the type of medications he usually...
  • LEE3KELLY

My uncle is a hero

My uncle Dave passed away two days ago. He served in Vietnam and caught on fire from some type of bomb with shrapnel that went off. The men in his troop put him out. He was 17 years old at the time from what I was told. That was the only thing that I was aware of. I knew monthly the government had him on some type of pain medicine for years. He and my mother came from a family of 11 children. At...
  • I'm sorry I am not a Vet my Husband was. He died last year. He never got a copy of his medical records when he came back from Desert Shield. Even when they did his retirement checkout they had no records. Now the VA is asking me to send copies of his records because they can't find them. It took me 14 months to get my brothers stuff straight and he died in the VA hospital from cancer caused...
  • It said that Canad is the first to be on the ground fighting isis. Anybody know if thats true? I thought they werent going on the ground????
  • deleted_user

Just to Vent

I am new to this group, and am not sure of the make-up, but need someplace to seek advice anonymously, and who knows, maybe offer some if I can. I am a 32 year old, married, two time Iraq Veteran. While I have never been to the VA for any reason, honestly I wouldn't know how to start the process with them anyway, I have been experiencing "issues".My wife tells me I need to talk to some one, and...
  • bluesun

Been gone long time....

Aloha! I've been gone a long time.... how is everyone? Did I miss anything important? I had to move a few times since the last time I was on DS. Still going through a short-sale with my house. The bank screwed up the tittle and are taking their sweet time to fix it so now we haven't been able to close the sale. It's been a nightmare. I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping every night, so...
  • CuppyKake

Med Board

OMG IM SO FRAUSTRATED!!!! The VA gave me wrong ratings, and not the way you think. They gave me one rating on one sheet and a different rating on another sheet for the same disability. Instead of just fixing the clerical error, they are doing a reconsideration which takes 3-4 months!! On the bright side it COULD workout in my favor and I already have 1.5 down. But that means I'm stuck in this...
  • survivor301

November11 & Canada

November11 is coming up. Here in Canada. It is the day we remember those who fought wars and secured our freedom and peace in this country. I decided to just drop in here and thank all of you who have fought for our freedom. And enabled us all to live in peace and liberty. I thank you not because of the wars alone you fought in. But also on coming home and facing life at home in a differrent...
  • iroclove

VA Healthcare

Not to down all of the VA staff, I know there are many who diligently serve our veteran population, I've been put through the ringer a number of times.. I've pleaded to the IG of the VA for my problems, and I know I'm not the only one. So here's my vent.. I was seen first by the VA in Omaha, Nebraska. First incident didn't happen there, but at the University of Nebraska during my first pregnancy....
  • longwahom

Losing Iraq*

If you didn't catch this broadcast on PBS the other day, it's a good unbiased documentary of the Iraq war. It's an 1hr 20 min.http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/losing-iraq/
  • Hi All,I apologize for intruding on your group.I know this is a place for Veterans and not family members, so I apologize if I offend anyone.My sister-in-law and brother live about 1700 miles from me or any other family.My brother just retired, and as much as my SIL does, my brother seems to be declining instead of improving...though he tries. He sets an alarm, gets up at the same time, goes to...
  • deleted_user

my husband..

he is a veteran, he has PTSD and MBTI both pretty bad..i have alot of mental disorders..we bump heads alot bcus we struggle to understand each other.. he suffers from amnesia alot and headaches and vertigo so he rests alot.. i understand he needs to rest and i know he rarely feels ok.. but, i feel like no one understand me or thanks me for all the slacks i pick up..i try to be understanding and...