Senior Health & Aging Support Group

Aging is an important part of all human societies reflecting the biological changes that occur, but also reflecting cultural and societal conventions. There is often considerable social pressure in many societies to sustain denial of the aging process. Join this community to discuss general issues with aging and senior health.

1 Online
1 Online
  • mega54

Is anybody here any more?

To post now, you must join the group. Things change. I think all of the Posts here are old. So I say, is anybody here?
  • franciann2016

Happy Iced Tea Day

YIPPEE FOR ME! I GET TO DRINK HAPPILY TO "ICED TEA" DAY !
  • middleman101

Happy guy...But

Well here I am happy for the first time in my life and not knowing what to do next? Between being sexually abused as a child and being raised by an excessivly narcissistic parent, both led to me being excessively anxious and nervous 24/7 pretty much and ended up in a seemingly wasted life. Now all is well....everybody forgiven and my anxiety more manageable. So I'm happy. But now, how do I make...
  • franciann2016

just a thought...

"The questions you would be asking yourself on your deathbed are the very same questions you should be asking yourself right now."
  • franciann2016

a funny comment

I could be a morning person... IF morning came at Noon!Are you an early, or later-later on person?Not I! I used to get up before the Sun....not any longer!
  • mega54

Aging Buddies Exercise

This thread is intended to be a place where anybody can post about exercise. I have started a walking program and am making progress with it. I want to start doing some strengthening exercises soon. These will be harder for me since I do not like sit-ups, push-ups, and lunges. If you see a post that makes you think that the author might be somebody you could help and/or be helped by, send them a...
  • mega54

Aging buddies diet.

Many were enthusiastic about "Health and aging buddies." Member started groups tend to fizzle, it seems to me, So I thought I would start some threads that would help us get this idea going. This thread is to discuss diet. If you read something that makes you think you could be a good buddy for somebody, send them a message and decide how you want to help each other.____________________________...
  • Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I am looking for some folks that would like to be on line buddies with each other in regards to regain/maintain health as we get older. I have been reading some of the Drs. Rozen and Oz books and they recommend having a buddy to provide and receive support for making lifestyle changes to improve your health and slow aging.Any body else want to...
  • regwin

Losing a pound a week

Hi all, Just want to share something that is working for me. I need to lose between 10-15 lbs. I decided to try cutting out daily sweets and chips. They were the two things that I seemed to have to have and even with exercising the pounds were not moving. Now it has been three weeks and I discovered I'm losing a pound a week. I was at the Dr's last week and was surprised to see I'd lost...
  • I like walking with Gradma.Her steps are short like mine. She doesn't say "now hurry up" she always takes her time.I like to walk with Gradma.Her eyes see things like mine do,wee pebbles bright, a funny cloud,half hidden drops of dew. Most people have to hurry, They do not stop to see.I'm glad that God made Grandma.Unrushed and young like me.Just a thought...
  • franciann2016

Bucket List

What's in your Bucket List?Jump out of a plane - tandem (with a seasoned expert).Visit Alaska.Learn how to knit.Learn a new language.Sing the annual Messiah (all voices, or not, welcomed)
  • franciann2016

Lucas Bear

Lucas passed away Sunday, six days short of his 6th birthday.His Family said: "Lucas is cancer free."
  • I WANT TO WISH EACH AND EVERY SINGLE WOMAN HERE: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY !IT GOES OUT TO ALL WOMEN HERE IN THE GROUP BECAUSE, I THINK, WOMEN DO LOVE, CARE, LISTEN, TEACH AND NUTURE MORE PEOPLE THAN THEY GIVE THEMSELVES CREDIT IN DOING SUCH KIND AND SINCERE GIFTS OF THEIR HEARTS.SO, ENJOY THE DAY. ALL OF US DESERVE THE MOMENT.TAKE CARE.
  • I don't know if I'm stepping-on anyone's toes, but here I go:Lucas "Bear" Cervone is age 05. He's battled Leukemia for 3 years and won that round.He went home to celebrate Christmas('15)in February of this year, 2016, with his Big Brother!Now, a brain tumor has surfaced.His loving, unselfish Family has decided that Lucas Bear has been through enough.They're not subjecting him to any treatment -...
  • Hi everyone. I just had to write I fel like I,am going crazy about age. (2) YEARS A GO MY BREAST IMPLANTS RUPTURED i HAD TO GO THROUGH A HORRIBLE OPERATION i STILL HAVE SILICON IN w M E i HAD A HORRIBLE PLASTIC SURGEON. COST ME $12,000..00 i BELONG TO kAISER hmo BUT THEY ARE THE ONES WHO NEVER EVEN TOLD ME i HAD RUPTURED IM PLANTS (LONG) STORY pryer to all this happened I walked almost every...