Restless Legs Syndrome Support Group

Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS) may be described as uncontrollable urges to move the limbs in order to stop uncomfortable, painful or odd sensations in the body, most commonly in the legs. Often sufferers think they are the only ones to be afflicted by this peculiar condition and are relieved when they find out that many others also suffer from it.

0 Online
  • nickdhprr

Treatment Option

What actual foods stop Restless Legs Syndrome?
  • mwhitney83

How to stop RLS

Recently, my boyfriend has kicked his heroin addiction, but he gets RLS about 2 weeks after, and it continues for several weeks later. Is there anything that he can do to keep this at bay or anything that will help? Thank you.
  • Ryasch216890

I just got out of the hospital 5 days ago and the night before I left I had this terrible urge to move my legs, as I got home it just got worse and the only thing that helped is oxycodone, my mom really hates giving that to me and I really want another way to get relief 
  • Smileydi45

Too MUCH Iron?

Could the opposite to iron deficiency also cause this miserable condition? I have way too much iron in my blood, following a recent blood test, and they say it should be about 70-80 but mine reads 1300. I'm just wondering. Any advice?
  • jeanette474

New to this board

Hi Everyone. Last year i suffered from an ulcer that would not heal. Found I had a blocked artery in my leg. They did a bypass and now I have circulation in that leg. During that time I was on Tramadol and Vioden. I stopped the Tramadol cold turkey. It was then I stated to have RLS.stopping the opiates for the pain. It went away but came back when I went back to work at Goodwill and have...
  • jimgreg

does this help? got it yesterday. Did take worked there any side effects from it.. I was on tramadol not much help.
  • havhope

holes in new sheets!

My rheumatologist told me she thinks I have restless leg syndrome but I didn't worry about it much as I have been dealing with so many other medical problems and it was just one more. Lately my legs have been so much more sore when I wake up and I noticed today that I have rubbed a hole in my new expensive sheets! The area that looks worn away is right where my feet would be in the bed. The funny...
  • JendelieO

Just want to share my experience. RLS is on both sides of my family and I have suffered with it on and off for most of my adult life. I was prescribed Gabapentin and it worked like a miracle. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, I began developing depression which was a side effect, so I ended up stopping it. But I wanted to let others know how well it worked for my RLS. Not everyone will have...
  • vickifischer

Has anyone tried resteril for rls? I did and it make them so much worse.
  • aussiegal57

Hi, I have had RLS in a bad way as in RBS (whole body) :(After dealing with it for 30 yrs I find that many things can help. I don't know if I am able to state actual medications her but will say muscle relaxants do help as well as if not asleep within a certain time I get up have a drink and a snack and that does seem to help. Good luck everyone as we are all different :)
  • havhope

new bed helps

I have to share this as I know of others here that suffer restless legs and other aches and pains throughout the day and also at night. The night is the worst because it keeps me up or wakes me up. So I just got a brand new bed delivered and slept like a baby last night! I am in love with my new bed. It will be costing me two thousand dollars but I don't have to pay for 18 months. This bed has...
  • akr965

Whole body RLS?

I'm new to this group and would never have even considered that RLS was my problem until my new Rheumy wrote it on my check-out papaer!So I came home and immediately started research on symptoms only to discover that this in running rampant throughout my ENTIRE body.I learned this about 2 months ago and some days are better than others.My previous physician treated me with muscle relaxers and...
  • dogman1313

tonic water

believe it or not just plain tonic water works wonderfully for restless legs. It has quinine in it and that apparently is the stuff that really works. I've had restless legs off and on for about 30 years. I have tried mirapex and clonazepam, they both work to some degree but I didn't like the side effects. a cheap bottle of tonic water works about as well is anything.
  • mybestself

Sleep Study

I am having a sleep study done tonight. I am at the healthcare facilty that will be performing it. It is acutally my third study in about ten years. I already tried a new nose apparatus which I really like. I hope this one helps finally. My RLS is so terrible. Not much is helping thses days.
  • mybestself

RLS is keeping me up and miserable

I found this site and thought I would join. There does not seem to be a lot of posting here but I will give it a try. There are a few new posts.I am female, 57 years old, and have had RLS my entire life, it seems, but it has really gotten bad in the past twenty years. I am about 100 pounds overweight and I think for me, obesity makes it worse. About ten years ago, I lost about 100 pounds and...