Pacemakers Support Group

A pacemaker (or artificial pacemaker) is a medical device which uses electrical impulses, delivered by electrodes contacting the heart muscles, to regulate the beating of the heart. The primary purpose of a pacemaker is to maintain an adequate heart rate, either because the heart's native pacemaker is not fast enough, or there is a block in the heart's electrical conduction system.

0 Online
  • Young-n-paced

Neck/chest muscle pain

Hello.  I am a 39 yr old female and had a PM implanted 3 weeks ago for intermittent high grade AV block. I have gotten past most of the post operative acute pain but I have been experiencing extreme tightness and pain in my neck, chest and back on the side of my PM. Has anyone else experienced this? I have had massages and use heat and do exercises daily, within my restrictions, but I continue...
  • Tiffanyslusher73

Pacemaker

Hello I am 42 years old end I have a pacemaker and a defibrillator I have stage four congestive heart failure I have a pacemaker put in about seven months ago and I am still having a hard time with getting back to regular activities and my blood pressure is still very high. I have 70% blockage I just don't know what to do at this point and I have found since I have been going through this journey...
  • Rpuratich

One month post pacemaker

still having a hard time getting used to pacer and getting back to active lifestyle.  It is hard to figure out how far I can go.  I feel the heart pumping all the time especially at night when I lay down.  Can I hear others experiences early on?  It would be helpful to me. 
  • donsabi

Low HR After Pacemaker

July 2015 I had my pacemaker implanted. Afterwards my HR was around 60bpm and I still felt tired. During my checkup they tweaked my pacemaker and my HR increased to 70bmp. I felt pretty good after that tweak. I was doing OK until the last month or so and now I find I am getting readings of 45-55 as well as most in the 70's. At the same time I feel fatigued and even lightheaded...
  • teacher23

I AM PRAYING FOR ALL OF YOU

I don't have one, but I will be praying for all of you who have one.
  • Hi, I'm new here to the pacemaker group. I was wondering how long each of you has had your PM ?Do any of you belong to other pacemaker forums/message boards? I belong to two others that are fairly active.Anyway, I'm glad I found you,Sue
  • ryanmckenna

pacemaker surgery recovery

hello everyone, i am new to this,my heart rate was always normal,but has been in the 30s the last 3 months, i am getting a pacemaker in 36 hours, im only 38 years old, and very active, what is the recovery time, and will i be able to go back to my job as a roofer, its very hard, intense labor, i pick up things over 80 lbs and run around, also deal with machines and tools like heat welding guns,...
  • donsabi

Sneezing After Surgrery

Had my pacemaker implanted yesterday. Afterwards I began sneezing and i continue to sneeze today. No doctors came by for me to ask and the nurses are not concerned.Any thoughts appreciated.
  • teacher23

SORRY

I am so sorry I read that wrong. I thought it said peacemaker, but its pacemakers
  • raybell

I'm a Newbie

I'm a 34 year old female who just got a pacemaker on September 22, 2014. I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.
  • Susan1947

New to Pacemaker

I just had a pacemaker put in on June 23, 2014, and I still feel the way I did before it was put in. I am weak and dizzy. Is this normal. I do not have my follow-up until July 9th.I went to the doctor with this weak feeling and some chest discomfort, and he did a holter monitor. Made me go to the hospital immediately, as he saw I had flatlined for a few minutes during sleep.I asked him why I...
  • deleted_user

Pacemaker Needed

Hi everyone. I just found out on Tuesday from my Cardiologist that I will probably be getting a Pacemaker. My heart rate has been staying in the 40's and he said a pacemaker is the only thing that will fix this. He is going to run some more test and decide then. I am really nervous and scared, but also kind of relieved that I got a doctor to listen to me and my issues. Need someone who has been...
  • annettearizona

Scary thought

I wouldn't doubt it is a scary thought for a person to find out that they need a pacemaker and or a defribillaror.But this is modern meds at work! It is like having a invisible dr with you all the time-just incase you need it-otherwise you're the same person-you look the same-you act the same...this is just a medical back up...a hidden medical back up :)
  • deleted_user

Pacemaker Book for Patients

Hello Everyone,I just thought I would let people know that I have finally finished my Pacemaker Book!!It is aimed at people with Pacemakers, using plain English to explain in depth how pacemakers function. The book is over 100 illustrated pages and also includes an explanation of what happens at your follow up appointments and advice to get more from your appointments.The book goes on sale in...
  • Hi everyone - just joined this group. I had a "Bradycardia" episode last week (which scared the heck out of me and my husbnd) and my cardiologist said the only solution was to get a pacemaker - so it was implanted on Cinco de Mayo! I a finding that I need some support - especially from other women who are younger than your typical pacemaker recipient. If that's you - please write back!