Pacemakers Support Group

A pacemaker (or artificial pacemaker) is a medical device which uses electrical impulses, delivered by electrodes contacting the heart muscles, to regulate the beating of the heart. The primary purpose of a pacemaker is to maintain an adequate heart rate, either because the heart's native pacemaker is not fast enough, or there is a block in the heart's electrical conduction system.

0 Online
  • superfletch21

ICD

Been awhile since I have posted.  Been to the doc a lot lately and been trying lots of meds and different dosages.  Friday got the news that I will have an ICD implanted on the 29th of this month.  I have mixed emotions about this.  Health wise I am doing pretty good, some dizzy spells and shortness of breath here and there and still an EF of 29.  Feel like I don't need the ICD but I know it...
  • asporing

New Pacemaker, Questioning Myself and what I can

Hi, I just got my pacemaker  implanted in November 2016. I am an active person, working in theater and walking all day. Since the pacemaker, I've not been myself . People say ,I look like I am stoned. I am feeling more tired. Even with a full nights sleep, I can close my eyes whenever I sit down. I am also  suffering from Major Depression and medicated with that also. I just want to feel like...
  • Young-n-paced

Neck/chest muscle pain

Hello.  I am a 39 yr old female and had a PM implanted 3 weeks ago for intermittent high grade AV block. I have gotten past most of the post operative acute pain but I have been experiencing extreme tightness and pain in my neck, chest and back on the side of my PM. Has anyone else experienced this? I have had massages and use heat and do exercises daily, within my restrictions, but I continue...
  • Tiffanyslusher73

Pacemaker

Hello I am 42 years old end I have a pacemaker and a defibrillator I have stage four congestive heart failure I have a pacemaker put in about seven months ago and I am still having a hard time with getting back to regular activities and my blood pressure is still very high. I have 70% blockage I just don't know what to do at this point and I have found since I have been going through this journey...
  • Rpuratich

One month post pacemaker

still having a hard time getting used to pacer and getting back to active lifestyle.  It is hard to figure out how far I can go.  I feel the heart pumping all the time especially at night when I lay down.  Can I hear others experiences early on?  It would be helpful to me. 
  • donsabi

Low HR After Pacemaker

July 2015 I had my pacemaker implanted. Afterwards my HR was around 60bpm and I still felt tired. During my checkup they tweaked my pacemaker and my HR increased to 70bmp. I felt pretty good after that tweak. I was doing OK until the last month or so and now I find I am getting readings of 45-55 as well as most in the 70's. At the same time I feel fatigued and even lightheaded...
  • teacher23

I AM PRAYING FOR ALL OF YOU

I don't have one, but I will be praying for all of you who have one.
  • deleted_user

How long have you had your pacemaker?

Hi, I'm new here to the pacemaker group. I was wondering how long each of you has had your PM ?Do any of you belong to other pacemaker forums/message boards? I belong to two others that are fairly active.Anyway, I'm glad I found you,Sue
  • ryanmckenna

pacemaker surgery recovery

hello everyone, i am new to this,my heart rate was always normal,but has been in the 30s the last 3 months, i am getting a pacemaker in 36 hours, im only 38 years old, and very active, what is the recovery time, and will i be able to go back to my job as a roofer, its very hard, intense labor, i pick up things over 80 lbs and run around, also deal with machines and tools like heat welding guns,...
  • donsabi

Sneezing After Surgrery

Had my pacemaker implanted yesterday. Afterwards I began sneezing and i continue to sneeze today. No doctors came by for me to ask and the nurses are not concerned.Any thoughts appreciated.
  • teacher23

SORRY

I am so sorry I read that wrong. I thought it said peacemaker, but its pacemakers
  • raybell

I'm a Newbie

I'm a 34 year old female who just got a pacemaker on September 22, 2014. I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.
  • Susan1947

New to Pacemaker

I just had a pacemaker put in on June 23, 2014, and I still feel the way I did before it was put in. I am weak and dizzy. Is this normal. I do not have my follow-up until July 9th.I went to the doctor with this weak feeling and some chest discomfort, and he did a holter monitor. Made me go to the hospital immediately, as he saw I had flatlined for a few minutes during sleep.I asked him why I...
  • deleted_user

Pacemaker Needed

Hi everyone. I just found out on Tuesday from my Cardiologist that I will probably be getting a Pacemaker. My heart rate has been staying in the 40's and he said a pacemaker is the only thing that will fix this. He is going to run some more test and decide then. I am really nervous and scared, but also kind of relieved that I got a doctor to listen to me and my issues. Need someone who has been...
  • annettearizona

Scary thought

I wouldn't doubt it is a scary thought for a person to find out that they need a pacemaker and or a defribillaror.But this is modern meds at work! It is like having a invisible dr with you all the time-just incase you need it-otherwise you're the same person-you look the same-you act the same...this is just a medical back up...a hidden medical back up :)