Osteoporosis Support Group

Osteoporosis is a disease of bone in which bone mineral density is reduced, bone microarchitecture is disrupted, and the amount and variety of non-collagenous proteins in bone is changed. It is estimated that 1 in 3 women and 1 in 5 men over the age of 50 worldwide have osteoporosis. It is responsible for millions of fractures annually, mostly involving the lumbar vertebrae, hip, and wrist.

0 Online
0 Online
  • nanny1611

Good Dexa results

Just wanted to share my excitement, because my latest Dexa scan came back good. I'm now completely in the osteopenia range and out of the osteoporosis range. I'm very thankful to the Lord for these results. Keep seeking what will work for you and your osteoporosis. And best wishes to you all for finding your individual answers.
  • littlemart

Treating without meds

I am so happy to see that a lot of people are avoiding the standard meds the doctors like to push for Osteo. My bone density is bad, but I just can't bring myself to use those things like Prolia etc. I know some people swear by them, but the possible side effects scare me too much. I thought these drugs were supposed to strengthen our bones, but so many of them actually cause breaks. What's...
  • hi everyone. i sort of posted here fairly recently - at least thanked someone for the list of supplements we can take to help ourselves. i almost remember who that was - i am teasing myself a little bit here - i have cognitive problems from MS, so, not really kidding.i haven't had the fractures spelled out to me properly and am honestly trying to work up the strngth to go and make that happen. ...
  • I assume that if you break or fracture something you WILL know it. Is this right? I mean, you can't be walking around with a broken hip or wrist and be symptom-free right?Every so often I feel a sudden sharp snap or pain and I think "here it goes". But then, I'm still going. No swelling or bruising.
  • Ok, I've done a lot of reading on Prolia and found most people had bad experiences with it. Some did fine and hurray for them. I'm scared to begin this drug.So are there any "good" meds that don't have all these side effects? As of right now I'm just using Vit D and Calcium, Viactivs, supplements. Is there any safe prescriptions for Osteoporosis?
  • xmas25

Reclast

I had reclast 1 1/2 yrs ago on fri. Went to bed woke up sick,temp etc. Finally got downstairs late sunday. They say it gets easier each time. Anyone have this experience
  • I think I remember my rheumy telling me that osteoporosis itself doesn't actually cause pain. But the osteoarthritis does. So I have a LOT of pain in my hands, hips, groin, back and legs that I am assuming is from the osteoarthritis and my MS and Fibro. Every time I get one of these zingers I think to myself.. this is it... this is where I break a bone. Is this reasonable or am I just overly...
  • After 3 1/2 years of waiting and fighting and more waiting , we found out my husband finally won his SSD case! I was listening to the voicemail on the phone and I went running into where he was so he could hear the voicemail too! We were so overly excited, I jumped into my husband's arms and I felt something pull!I put up with it for a week and last night I went to the ER and it isi a sever...
  • littlemart

Viactiv

Is there any real benefit to using Viactiv as a supplement for Vit D and Calcium? Most of the time if I take Vit D I feel sick to my stomach afterwards.
  • littlemart

Vitamin K

Is anyone using Vit K2 for Osteo? I'd like to hear more about it if you have any information.
  • Over 2300-years ago, the father of medicine, Hippocrates made the statement that all disorders start in the stomach. In many instances that statement is true today as it was in 371 BC. The only difference between then and now is pollution, toxic chemicals and chemical medications that man produces.Malabsorption in the digestive process is the root cause of, Osteoporosis, Gastric Cancer,...
  • mscountrygirl

question

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place or not. I'm trying to understand what my dr was talking about at my last appointment. He said I have osteomalacia. Is that like osteoporosis or similar? I'm on Calcium 1,200 mgs, Vitamin D 2,000 IU, and Calcitonin nasal spray daily for my bones. My dr did also mention I have a compressed fracture in my back as well. Thanks in advance for any...
  • missd12932

Hyaluonic acid shots

I just started my second series of shots. I had 4 [one series] last year. My kneeshurt for a couple of days and now seem better I had the second shotin this series Wedsnday. I sure hope they work this time. around.I have one friend who said they worked for her.But they are not a sure thing.
  • mchughirene

prolia nightmare

Has anyone in here taken this horrible drug?If so have you been having any of the bad side of it....I took this shot of prolia in August after my Dr. swearing to me that I wouldnt get any bad side effects from it....well she was soooooooo wrong.After 2 weeks joint pain I never had ,,,severe acid reflux even sitting up....flu like symptoms off and on....many more bad side effects If you are...
  • amitsa

Bone mass

Hi,I am 41 years age. I have thin bones. I am already taking Calcium, Vit D3 and K2 MK7 supplements I wish to increase the bone mass .I know mineral density can be increased i.e. the existing bone can be made denser.But Is it possible to increase the bone MASS at this age ? If yes,HOW ? Can exercises help build bone mass ? I have read bone mass reaches its peak at 30 and then it stops...