Obesity Support Group

This community is dedicated to those of us struggling with obesity. Obesity is thought to be a significant risk factor in certain health conditions, leading to increased mortality. Find the support you need by sharing your story, asking questions, and learning from others on how they have coped.

0 Online
  • Elo

Looking for a fitness pal -> 100 lbs to go

Hi ! I am on a weight loss journey and i am looking for someone to talk to. I feel like having support is important to keep losing weight, but the problem is i can't talk about my weight to anyone, it's too shameful. If you're motivated to lose weight, don't hesitate to message me.I am currently at 265 lbs, and i started dieting in april 2016 and exercising in july 2016. My starting weight was...
  • alex_23

On a journey to recovery, looking for support :)

Hi guys!It's my first post on a support group - I've found the courage to do it because I've decided to move on with my life and to stop feeling sorry for myself. I've been overweight for a long time and I'm tired of the way people look at me... My goal is to lose 100 lbs. I’m tracking my diet on an app called Foodvisor and it has helped me lose 15 pounds so far. I really recommend it if you...
  • susieq89

Trying to figure out this life thing

Hello all!  I've struggled with my weight my entire life.  I have been obese my entire adult life.  I've always worked in the social work field and took care of everyone else but not myself.  I figured out recently that if I'm going to shine, there is no better time than today.  However, I can only get so far on my own.  I could really use the support of others and am willing to give...
  • Roist

Morbidly Obese and needs to see a dentist.

Hi! I am morbidly obese. around 500 or so pounds...scale doesn't work for me. I had been losing weight through diet and exercise, then had an accident while out running and busted up my knee pretty good which pretty much eliminated my exercise. Then my mother and wife both passed away at different times, which I am ashamed to say led to some binge eating moments. However before all this,  I had...
  • Dan_Man_85

Discouraged Dad-Needs Support

Hello All:I've been trying to manage my weight on my own for years and it just doesn't work.  I'm a social person who really enjoys discussing issues and supporting others (see career:  social worker).  As for my problems, however, I tend to isolate due to fear of rejection and feelings of shame.  I've gradually come to the realization that I desperately need more support in my life,...
  • Hello. I am in love with my husband of 25 years. We have both struggled with obesity. I have lost 100 pounds over the last 10 years, and he has gained it. He is slowly spiraling into a man who struggles with depression and low self esteem in spite of the love and support I try to give. I am afraid that I might lose him to darkness. I love him just the way he is and do not put any expectations on...
  • beckaxo

New to this....

Hi everybody. I'm new to this, idk what to expect. But I really just need someone to talk too. I've struggled with my weight all my life. & im just so tired of feeling so "fat". I'm currently in a relationship & I constantly feel like he's not physically attracted to me. I feel disgusted in my own body. I'm ashamed, & depressed. I feel like I'm just never gonna be happy with the way I look. I've...
  • Girl_Interrupted1982

Obesity support

Hi, I have been away from the daily strength community for years and I decided to rejoin. Anyway I struggle with obesity due to my poor diet decisions and medications. I am looking to turn this around by eating healthier and exercising, I am looking for someone to encourage me on my journey. I will in return do the same for you, well let me know!
  • Revamp2.0

New, but excited to be here

Hey everyone as you can tell from my heading I am new around here!!! I'm a 32 or old who has always been very outgoing.. I have a bubbly personality that can't be missed... However I am not coming to a progressively harsh reality that my 450+ frame is now holding me back. I've Always looked at my size as being an obstacle (not a handicap) and recently becoming more of a challenge than not. My...
  • Dorothy

Retired Counselor Needs Help

I was a drug and alcohol counselor for 43 yrs.  I had to retire due to my health.  I'm. 5'5" and weigh 213.  I've lost 30 pds over the past yr.  I've given up eating after supper for lent.  That's one of my main eating problems.  I walk every day but I walk to eat which would be ok if I wasn't overweight.   I'm the one who needs support now.  I really really want to snack now.Dorothy 
  • Biggie.

Dying to LIVE

I am 29 years old and I am 387 lbs. I have struggled with my weight all of my life but i was still a beautiful confident woman. This past year i have gained close to 100 lbs. Before that i was doing very well at my job and working out 5 days a week and it was working for me. Then one night i was walking down a stairway that was dark because of a broken light. I ended up falling down that flight...
  • Jrock81

Never done this before....

Hey everyone! So I've never joined any type of support group before so I'm a little nervous to be vulnerable when it comes to opening up about my weight. I'm 35 years old and weight about 240. I'm at the highest I've ever been and it seems to be coming on faster and faster. Lately I seem to have zero motivation in my life to change anything. I'm reaching out to hopefully connect with people who...
  • ashkiki115

Weight loss buddy

hello. I'm 19 and I'm hovering right above 300 pounds. I can't seem to get below it. I've struggled with weight all my life because food has always been there for me. I've tried every diet and they work for a little while, but then I hit a plateau and get discouraged. I end up gaining more than before the diet. Im looking for someone in a similar position - trying to lose a large amount of...
  • MiselfinMI

Ketogenic diet anyone?

Curious if anyone else is on keto? I just started back on...for life.  My family has not joined me yet,  so the first few days are hard! I already have the headaches today from the sugar withdrawal. I'm excited to shed pounds!
  • Jrock81

Day 1!!!

hey guys, so tonight I did my first workout in over a year!!! Don't laugh at me guys but....I went on YouTube and did a Richard Simmons sweatin to the oldies workout! Hahahha I was a kid when those workouts came out! But I loved them back then, so I thought I would give it a try. I only made it through half the workout. I can't really do an hour of cardio just yet....but that's ok!!! I feel great...