Obesity Support Group

This community is dedicated to those of us struggling with obesity. Obesity is thought to be a significant risk factor in certain health conditions, leading to increased mortality. Find the support you need by sharing your story, asking questions, and learning from others on how they have coped.

0 Online
  • Zombiechick

Disgusted with myself.

Hey, I am Nancy, 53,and obese. I weigh about 330 pounds. I have lost all of my excess weight twice and both times my husband got pissed off. He doesn't want me normal size because he feels threatened. So here I am again. The older I get the harder it is to lose. I have recently started another diet and he is noticing the changes in my eating habits. It won't be long now before he starts in. I...
  • Montgomery55

Embarassingly overweight

I have been over weight all my life. I have even had weight loss surgery but can't seem to stop eating all the wrong things. Don't know how to stop it.
  • Maryw

Overweight Grad Student

My name is Mary. I have been overweight since puberty. Sunday an amazing thing happened. I did day one of the couch to 5k program. I am currently 365lbs. It is so shameful for me to admit this publicly but I was so proud of myself that I completed day one. It asked me to jog for 60 seconds then walk for 90 seconds for thirty minutes. I'm sure most of you would think it was quite easy but I must...
  • veggiequeen

Back on the wagon.....

Hi. I am in my 50s and have struggled with my weight most of my life. Twice I actually lost enough and was close to a normal weight.  i have been married almost 15 years, but have not been touched for the past 10. he does tell me he loves me (he has an issue but doesn't get it checked) In my mind .....he is now home while I work fulltime (come home to cook clean and do laundry)....giving  me...
  • NorNox24601

Need a support system

I am almost 19 years old, 5'6, and 280 pounds. I am getting a gastric sleeve done in a couple weeks and I wish I was more prepared but the only people I've told are my mom, uncle, and best friend who lives in Texas. I'm too embarrassed to ask my friends at home to be my support and I desperately wish I had someone to go through this together with. It's an entire lifestyle change and it's going to...
  • KittyMc

I have no idea what I'm doing..

Hi. I googled "overweight support groups" and landed here.  This is obviously my first time posting, so I have no idea what I'm doing or if I'm ready for this. I guess I'm looking for people that understand my feelings.  I've always been a shy, introvert, so I don't get out much. actually, at all lately.  I've lost and gained weight all through my early 20s.  My lowest (and happiest) weight...
  • susieq89

Feeling low

So I recently went to an event for my husband's family.  In normal life, most people treat me fine even though I am 300 lbs.  However, while there my husband's grandfather referred to me as a big girl and his father said to someone that his daughter was the pretty blonde sitting in the row...we're both blonde.  I was feeling so good about myself and making progress before we went to this even...
  • Jrock81

Day 1!!!

hey guys, so tonight I did my first workout in over a year!!! Don't laugh at me guys but....I went on YouTube and did a Richard Simmons sweatin to the oldies workout! Hahahha I was a kid when those workouts came out! But I loved them back then, so I thought I would give it a try. I only made it through half the workout. I can't really do an hour of cardio just yet....but that's ok!!! I feel great...
  • fatrolls

being fat in high school

hiim 15 and 190 poundsim hoping to lose 60 poundsi would really like to know how do people cope with being fat in high school like in pe running and your belly keeps jiggling and boys saying your an ssbbw, like I KNOW IM FAT thanks for pointing it out. i sometimes see feederism posts on instagram of people stuffing and i cant hep but think thats what i look like when im eating(which is most of...
  • tsullivan2020

New to this.

So here it is. I'm 14 from Massachusetts and a freshman in high school. I've struggled with weight my whole life and have finally had enough. Everyday it is a struggle to walk down the halls in fear of people judging me. I would love to come back to school in august a new person. I am also running for a class officer and am petrified people will judge my speech video:(
  • hannah43214

im new to this

Hi im 16 and 220 pounds and I really need advice and help losing weight. This is probably the fattest Ive ever been. Im in high school and its really hard for me because Im scared Ill never get a boyfriend because everyone probably thinks ew shes fat why would I date her. This one kid yelled at me and called me a fatass and then kidhave a crush on tagged me in a pic of a really heavy girl and...
  • undercovermilkyway

New Here.

Hey!, im Desiré or Desi. Im5"7, 16 and 345lbs. I have hypothyroidism and im a about to be a junior. I really wanna do a ultimate transformation for when school starts again in august. I would if someon would like to partner up with me and work together to reach our goal ( mine being in the 100's). I promise to support you through every break down, power up, and anything else. Ive been in the...
  • cindylee_22

New to this...

Where do I start...well, I'm 34 years old and have struggled with my weight my whole life. As a child I was overweight which led to obesity. As an adult, I slimmed down and maintained a healthy body weight throughout most of my twentys. A few years and two kids later, and I'm the biggest I have ever been at over 300lbs - even seeing that number written on the screen makes me feel hopeless. I'm an...
  • BeautifulSerpent

Obese again - deja vu

Groundhog day again!Hi, I'm female in my late 40's and have been struggling with my weight since I started my first diet aged 10. Yeah, I suppose you are never too young to feel you need to lose weight and I clearly remember going to the ships for my mum and instead of buying chocolate for myself, I bought a small bag of green grapes. I would love to share my story with like minded people who...
  • middleman101

In extacy

I went to the clothing store to buy me a pair of pants yaterday. The one I was wearing was a size 46 waist. I went out of that store wearing a brand new size 44 waist pair of pants. It sounds trivial until it is understood that when I started to lose weight I was wearing a size52 waist size pair of pants. That means I have losy eight inches off of my waist. I wonder what eight inches of fat looks...