Obesity Support Group

This community is dedicated to those of us struggling with obesity. Obesity is thought to be a significant risk factor in certain health conditions, leading to increased mortality. Find the support you need by sharing your story, asking questions, and learning from others on how they have coped.

0 Online
  • vindicocme

Obesity Survey

Hello, we are Vindico Medical Education, a company dedicated to improving patient outcomes and experience, and providing continuing medical education to healthcare professionals.We are developing an educational grant on the topic of obesity. To better gage your concerns and desires regarding obesity and its management, we ask your participation in this brief survey. Findings from this survey will...
  • hollyd22

God is it hard to lose weight!

I want this 80 pounds shed off of me and it takes so much discipline and work. Gonna have to get off my ass and start doing something. It's hard to do meals here because we are very limited on money for food right now and it's not the healthiest of meals. I guess I'll stop snacking or something. Anybody else going through it?
  • rebekah123

I am 44, and need COMPASSIONATE SUPPORT!!

08/28/2017     Dear Amazing people,        My name is Rebekah.  I am 44. I weight 318 pounds and I want to lose 137 pounds to get to my weight goal of 180.    I am here to offer and be supportive to others as well as asking for compassionate and empathetic, consistent support.  I am an empath and a highly sensitive person myself.  I am a writer but am poor and unemployed and looking...
  • KCrossman318

Accepting my fate...

Hi everyone,I have been heavy my entire life. I don't remember a time when I wasn't on the bigger side. I was a solid size 16 all through high school which ended up being the root of insane amounts of bullying. As time went on I gained more and more weight. Then my mother died, I got a divorce after being cheated on for years, and I found myself alone with food as my only coping mechanism. Fast...
  • bakah28

This is me

Hello, this is me all of me 235lbs of me. Im 22 and I hate myself everyday. I can't look in a mirror without being disgusted with myself. I try so hard to keep the weight off but it never seems to go away. I hate who I am and I never tell anyone. I see how easy it is for my mom and my little sister why can't it be easy for me? Why must I be so disgusting. I hate going out to eat becasue I feel...
  • hollyd22

day 2

Day 2 of my exercising and it seems to be going well. My appetite is going down and I'm trying to have self control not just with eating but in all areas of my life. Hope that everyone is doing well. Obesity definitely is a serious struggle.
  • abundance

Ideas: how to overcome fear of exercise pain

Hi everyone, brand new here.  I am a 58 yr old woman who is 5'9" and probablyabout 260-270 lbs right now. I am in a 20W, not the first time but I plan for this to be the last time I am ever this large!!    I really need ideas, support and understanding about exercise.   Friends and family just don't understand how hard it can be.I used to walk for hours and hours, miles and miles; dance;...
  • hollyd22

1st day is always the hardest

I exercised today and am trying to eat right. The problem with me is that I push myself too far and have a herniated disk and it hurts after a while. I am learning to take my weight day by day until i get to the weight that I want to be at. I've never given up and I'm trying not to give up. Really, all I want to do is eat especially because my mom died 2 weeks ago and I have a lot of depression....
  • NorNox24601

Need a support system

I am almost 19 years old, 5'6, and 280 pounds. I am getting a gastric sleeve done in a couple weeks and I wish I was more prepared but the only people I've told are my mom, uncle, and best friend who lives in Texas. I'm too embarrassed to ask my friends at home to be my support and I desperately wish I had someone to go through this together with. It's an entire lifestyle change and it's going to...
  • middleman101

My doctor's appointment

I saw my doctor on the first of August. He weighed me. I came in at 289 pounds. I lost sixteen pounds since the last time I had been weighed and was at 305 pounds. No more three hundred pounds for me! I still have a fair bit of weight to lose. But I lost eight inches around the waist. I'm now continuing the same diet and mode of eating and walking. But I feel lots better then when I was obese!
  • blind31717

Sick and Tired

I am 26 years old, 5'5 and 225 pounds. Last year I was able to get down to 197 and thought I would stick with the program I was on but my husband wasn't supportive at all and it was hard to stick to the diet and gym routine. I desperately want to start again but I dont have the motivation or drive(and time to be honest) I know people say you will make time but I am a stay at home mom during the...
  • SMR

Reality Check

I had a real "come to Jesus" moment at the doctor today. I felt that I had gained some wait recently. Well, it turns out I have gained fifteen pounds over the course of this year! I was already overweight, so this is not good. It troubles me. What troubles me more is that I didn't change anything. My lifestyle is the same as last year, so I don't understand why I gained weight. My doctor wasn't...
  • Darkrose1

I lost weight

I was over weight most of my life at the age of 13 I weighed 190lbs. I was over 200 lbs as time went on. With an autoimmune condition that nearly ended my life. I knew I needed a life style change. Doing so I lost 80 lbs.
  • Moonchild7

Tired of the struggle

I'm early 50's and have been overweight since I was a teenager. Emotional eating is my crutch and I'm somewhat of a hermit. I've been stuck around 250 lbs for years. Bad knees, self-esteem. I'm tired of it.
  • collydee

New to the group

Hello! I am a 37 year old, 5'10 319lb woman. Yeah. Just not happy with myself anymore. I have tired and failed miserably at so many diets and exercise programs. This morning I gave up. I woke up at 5am and immediately started eating. It's like I can not control myself. It's like I can never get enough (alot of healthy type food but also alot of bad for you food). I have no support. I feel no one...