Obesity Support Group

This community is dedicated to those of us struggling with obesity. Obesity is thought to be a significant risk factor in certain health conditions, leading to increased mortality. Find the support you need by sharing your story, asking questions, and learning from others on how they have coped.

0 Online
  • Erica1982

Hi - New to Group

Hi everyone, I'm new to this group and decided to join because I need to make major changes with food and my life. I'm 34, married with two beautiful children, and I am obese. I am 5'6" and I weigh 290 lbs. I haven't always been heavy, I gained 100+ lbs. 10 years ago and have struggled to take it off since. I also suffer from generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder, and I'm hoping that a...
  • Zairis21

New and in need of a texting buddy

hi im 25 years old 5'4 and weight 264lbs. 5 months ago i weight 300lbs and i find myself that I'm starting to lose my motivation to continue through this journey. I need a texting buddy we can motivate each other daily to continue and not give up. Anyone please i need help message me and I'll swap numbers. Love you all 
  • hopelesslyobese

needing support

Hello everyone, this is my first ever post to a blog and support group.  I have been overweight my whole life and always been ostrsized because of it.  The most I ever weighted was 350 pounds in 2006 when i did my gastric bypass and i went down to 190.  Now due to several health issues and family crises i am back up to 282.  No matter what i do i can't seem to lose weight.  I want to just...
  • Jay94

Looking for a workout buddy!

Hi Guys! My name is Jayden and I am obese weighting around 275-300 (I don't know my exact weight because I haven't weighed myself in years and I know if I did it would just discourage me and not be helpful at all). It's time to start my journey to becoming healthy. I have several workout DVDs that I recently bought to do at home, and my goal is to start working out 5-6 days a week but its really...
  • NLARRY30

Weight loss

Hi I'm 29 years old I weigh 329 pounds I would like to lose a 100 pounds looking for a workout partner in support system in St Louis Missouri
  • Alt85

Tired

I'm new here. I'm a single mother of two little boys and I am what would be considered morbidly obese. I'm 5ft 1 and weigh 277. A couple years ago, I managed to drop 50lbs and I have put it back on and then some. I felt great just by dropping 50lbs and I want to get that feeling back. I'm having a hard time finding my motivation. I just want to get healthy for myself and my kids.
  • KoasKitten

New to group-need to lose 100lbs

Hi!I'm new to this group. I joined because I'm finally getting really serious about losing weight. My husband and I tried for a year to get pregnant and couldn't The most likely cause is my weight (he's been tested is good)I'm a Type 1 Diabetic and currently weigh 260-265. I'm working with a primary care doctor, an endocrinologist, a nutritionist and a therapist. We've come up with diet and...
  • If you are overweight or obese (with a BMI of 25 or over) and are over the age of 18 please participate in this important online research study to help us learn about your psychological experiences! We hope that learning about people’s experiences will help us find new ways to support people to manage their weight in the future. The study involves completing an online questionnaire that takes...
  • LookingtoLose

New to the group

Hello!I am new to this group but excited to be a part of it. As I have wrote in my journal, my whole life I have struggled with my weight. I have tried it all, and the problem isn't with the different programs but my ability to maintain. I recognize that I need a long term plan and sadly most of the programs are not feasible for me. Once I stop, I have found the weight to come back quickly!I am...
  • UniqueFitness

Slaying 2017 With FITNESS!

OKAY, so here is my story...I lost over 40 pounds... gained it back... now I'm in the process of getting RID of it FOR GOOD! I actually started a YouTube Channel to document my journey. Why? Well, social media is a great way of connecting with others plus it holds each of us accountable. This journey is not just about the physical, but also includes the emotional and mental side. The main goal of...
  • Dariana24

2017 Starting My Life

Hi I'm new here my name is Dariana. I'm 24 years old and I am at my heaviest weight right now I'm 330 pounds. I'm also finally about to move out of my mother's house and be on my own and I'm excited but also scared. My mom is like my best friend and fat buddy you can say we are a little codependent and a couple of enablers but I decided that this year or this coming year 2017 I have to make a...
  • Pagga.Xo

Xo

Hi, i am new to this but i think i should of joined a long time ago to talk about my weight Nd things thay bother me with the same people who feel the same.  Iv finally joined as i am at my biggest of 19 and half stone. Am only 5'7. I need to start being "healthy" i have tried diet and sfter diet and its so hard. Many people would call that lazy or just being greedy. But i think its bit of a...
  • Sunbeautiful

Help

Hi I'm 33 years old a mother of 2. My weight I been struggling with for a while. Im 5"4 304 now I need help cause i want to be healthier not carry around extra weight.
  • contactjay

Obesity in denial

Coming from a pretty obese family, living in the south, I finally have some evidence to show my family. They are currently in denial about their obesity, and I want to help them understand that we can overcome this if we first identify and face our obesity.What is the best approach to take? I've always known that I have a weight problem, but my family doesn't see this as an issue. If they were...
  • sapphireorchid

New Strategy

Hello everyone. I'm new to this website and support groups altogether. I'm 31, 5'9", currently 320lb and have been overweight/obese my whole life. I've tried numerous times to lose weight. I am usually sucessful up to a point, losing between 40-100lb, then hit a plateau and give up, then gain all the weight back plus some. I've been on my current weight loss attempt for about a month and have...