Obesity Support Group

This community is dedicated to those of us struggling with obesity. Obesity is thought to be a significant risk factor in certain health conditions, leading to increased mortality. Find the support you need by sharing your story, asking questions, and learning from others on how they have coped.

0 Online
  • contactjay

Obesity in denial

Coming from a pretty obese family, living in the south, I finally have some evidence to show my family. They are currently in denial about their obesity, and I want to help them understand that we can overcome this if we first identify and face our obesity.What is the best approach to take? I've always known that I have a weight problem, but my family doesn't see this as an issue. If they were...
  • Jay94

Looking for a workout buddy!

Hi Guys! My name is Jayden and I am obese weighting around 275-300 (I don't know my exact weight because I haven't weighed myself in years and I know if I did it would just discourage me and not be helpful at all). It's time to start my journey to becoming healthy. I have several workout DVDs that I recently bought to do at home, and my goal is to start working out 5-6 days a week but its really...
  • sapphireorchid

New Strategy

Hello everyone. I'm new to this website and support groups altogether. I'm 31, 5'9", currently 320lb and have been overweight/obese my whole life. I've tried numerous times to lose weight. I am usually sucessful up to a point, losing between 40-100lb, then hit a plateau and give up, then gain all the weight back plus some. I've been on my current weight loss attempt for about a month and have...
  • BetterMe2B

The first step

i have taken this first step to a better healthier me a thousand times.  It feels like I have cement shoes on and it's impossible to lift my foot off of the ground.  I vision myself taking it with all my might.  When I do something wonderful happens and I begin to feel alive. I want that feeling again and would love to find a place for moral support. Support from those who understand the...
  • Dariana24

2017 Starting My Life

Hi I'm new here my name is Dariana. I'm 24 years old and I am at my heaviest weight right now I'm 330 pounds. I'm also finally about to move out of my mother's house and be on my own and I'm excited but also scared. My mom is like my best friend and fat buddy you can say we are a little codependent and a couple of enablers but I decided that this year or this coming year 2017 I have to make a...
  • pinkflowers

My first post

Hello everyone,I am completely new here, this is the first time I admit to myself that I am obese. When I was a child I was a little bit overweight, and I remember my family making fun of me.  During puberty I naturally became very athletic and thin, it was that way until I was 23 years old that I started gaining some weight, at the moment it wasn't too much, I am 5'7 and my weight was approx...
  • redberry0v0

weight lost partner

Hi all, I am new here but not new to web sites like this...however ithas been awhile since i been on a site like this.I recently broke up with my boyfriend, reached 300 pounds in weight,i continue to stuggle in school and i have yet to make a decent amount of income to prevent my family from slowly failing apart once my mother lose my father death benifits once both of my brothers graduate high...
  • Kamkey

Cognitive proplem

Hi everyone im kamal . 20 yrs old , A 3rd year OT srudent .. im facing a memory proplem .. i cant keep info's in mind .. i've tried many ways to make my memory good enough for studying .. but although it still weak .. if anyone can help plzz .. thank u 
  • Carolina

I need prayers

Hello everyone I am in liquid diet and it is really hard. I am having some slight headache that I am trying to dissipate by drinking plenty of water. Does anyone know any other tricks?Thank you.Carolina
  • AdminTeamDS

Gastric Bypass Surgery for Obesity

Tell us about your personal experience with Gastric Bypass Surgery as a treatment: Has it worked? Have you had any issues? Any recommendations or tips?
  • BostonCeltics

WL Programs covered by Medicaid and Medicare

Hello all,I am new to the group. My name is Jenna and have battled weight issues since child hood ( 41 now ). I had almost hit a very major goal about 2 years ago and then up rooted my life and moved across the country. Murphy's Law has attached itself to me lol and I ended up putting back what I worked so hard to get off. I am a 2002 gastric bypass patient. I have steered away from any thought...
  • Kir

Thanksgiving is coming...

I know Thanksgiving can be a hard time for anyone with food issues, trust me I know. I was a binge eater for like 10 years. So much stress and anxiety about eating can take away from what should be a day of joy and connection with friends and family. I wrote a blog post about how to mentally prepare for the day and hopefully you find some or all of it helpful. Here's the link if you want to...
  • NiaBerry

BBW Romance

I tried my hand at writing BBW romance for a while. I just thought you all would get a kick out this preview of my first book. From Chapter One Kenya Marcus stood in front of her bedroom mirror looking at herself one last time as she settled on an outfit to wear to work. She was not happy with her appearance, but what could she do? It wasnt the black dress pants or...
  • Operagirl91

It starts now!

Hello everyone!I am new to this site as of today, but am hopeful that this well help me on my journey to becoming healthier (and thinner)! I am 25 years old and am just starting my life as a professional opera singer. I am so happy when I sing and many professionals can recognize my talent, but more than ever, my weight is the number one topic. I am scared that it holds me back from being hired...
  • CertifiedHealthCoach

I want to help YOU!

Hello everyone! I am a Certified Health Coach and I have a deep desire to help all those looking to fill good with their bodies! I would love to chat more with you all to see how my programs and certifications could benefit you and help you live the healthy life you've always dreamed of! Please feel free to message me, I'd love to hear from you! :)