Obesity Support Group

This community is dedicated to those of us struggling with obesity. Obesity is thought to be a significant risk factor in certain health conditions, leading to increased mortality. Find the support you need by sharing your story, asking questions, and learning from others on how they have coped.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Meesh1987

I need to change.

Hello everyone my name is Michelle and I am very new to this website. I need advice on how to change. I am really overweight and feel I am obese. Since I was a little girl I have had a mother who has always told me how to eat and never never let me live. I am now 29 and I am still being told how to eat. I do feel like I do really need to change my ways or it may be to late. I am actually at a...
  • Hello Again,After dealing with the serious frustration as placed in my last post (in addition to downing a couple of beers for my sorrow), I suspect that its time to set some goals...to shit or get off the pot so to speak. In essence the plan is going to be similar to the one I used several years ago in my early 20s to drop 60lbs in several months in which i managed to keep it off for another 6...
  • hiya all...been missing in action in here...busy at the home front....I am back and for good.This past week tried a personal challenge for myself on giving up all meat and chicken....Good news, I did it. And will keep this going.My weakness is sweets. And that is my goal to avoid it!! :)Will keep in touch. Liliann :)
  • Chantesha

New to the group

Hi,I'm two weeks post op and feeling a bit isolated and well, feeling more than usual. Just thought I'd join and reach out. Hope all are well. Chantesha
  • Hello Everyone! First off I want to say how proud I am of all of you for coming together to support each other. I recently was struggling with obesity and pre-diabetic blood glucose. I read several books and scoured the internet for answers. The information I've found has helped me lose 30 pounds in 8 weeks!! And I'm still losing weight. I want to share my information with as many people as I can...
  • Charm

Hopelessness

Hi to all. New on this site. Feeling hopeless in my journey of weight loss. Sure plenty will be able to relate, but I just feel like I am going the wrong way, no, I know that I am going the wrong way! Thinking a support group will get me back on track and feeling that I can do this. Hope to hear from anyone please.
  • Good day,I am a 32 year old male who is 6ft tall and weighs 367lbs (at least at my last weighing). I have really hit a low point in what really should be a great portion of my life. I have been with my wife for over a decade and just celebrated a birthday with a beautiful one year old daughter. I have a good career going for me as well. The problem is like many of you I am obese. The most...
  • Is it even possible? My husband is 6 feet 3 and weighs about 318lbs, he's been about that weight give or take 20lbs for about 10 years, He doesn't eat unhealthy foods he just eats too much and does zero exercise, which is why he is the weight he is. He is currently being tested for congestive heart failure, is it even possible to get it this young? Whats the prognosis if he is diagnosed with...
  • Samiinicole27

Heyy

im new here & just want some support I just had my 3rd child almost 2 months ago I feel very overweight :(
  • becs17

Starting Again

Hello everyone, My name is Rebecca and I'm new to this. I'm 16 and I'm over 175 lbs. At the start of summer going towards the end of the school year, I was about 192 lbs so I guess you can say I've made some progress. Anyway, I'm about to start this 6 week journey to lose more weight before school starts and keep it going from there. Does anyone have any words of advice? I could really use it...
  • Hello:We are currently looking for males and females within the ages of 35-65, with high cardio vascular risk (heart failure, myocardial infarction, stroke, coronary artery disease, peripheral arterial disease). They must also have a BMI between 30-39, and have taken or are currently taking medicine that has been prescribed by a doctor for weight loss.The study requires you to log on to an online...
  • braley88

Help !

Hello all new user here ! Im in desperate need of help and wisdom I am morbid obese . I have a problem with food I try to loose weight and I do good for a little bit then I just quit and go crazy. I really dont have much support here where I live. I'm having a very difficult time with this and I know I need to loose to be healthier I have about 200 to loose ..I just want to feel better ...
  • Hi, I am a 21 year old girl from the Philippines. I don't know how much I weigh but the last time I checked I was 85kg. I'm only 5 ft. tall so imagine how awful I look. I am always afraid to weigh myself for some reason. I bloated so much after finishing college and I am now so freaking fat more than ever. It affects my everyday life. I need to change. I wanted to be a normal girl experiencing...
  • Hi,I am a 21 year old girl from the Philippines. I don't know how much I weigh but the last time I checked I was 85kg. I'm only 5 ft. tall so imagine how awful I look. I am always afraid to weigh myself for some reason. I bloated so much after finishing college and I am now so freaking fat more than ever. It affects my everyday life. I need to change. I wanted to be a normal girl experiencing...
  • Well i havent been on this forum or really working on weight loss for that matter. I was in school fulltime and going through nasty breakup which is still ongoing so all i could do was focus on work, kids, school....but happy to say graduated from my first goal and i gained 10lb in school not horrible not great....but i now need to devise a plan and get back going and back to workouts too.