Obesity Support Group

This community is dedicated to those of us struggling with obesity. Obesity is thought to be a significant risk factor in certain health conditions, leading to increased mortality. Find the support you need by sharing your story, asking questions, and learning from others on how they have coped.

1 Online
1 Online
  • becs17

Starting Again

Hello everyone, My name is Rebecca and I'm new to this. I'm 16 and I'm over 175 lbs. At the start of summer going towards the end of the school year, I was about 192 lbs so I guess you can say I've made some progress. Anyway, I'm about to start this 6 week journey to lose more weight before school starts and keep it going from there. Does anyone have any words of advice? I could really use it...
  • Meesh1987

I need to change.

Hello everyone my name is Michelle and I am very new to this website. I need advice on how to change. I am really overweight and feel I am obese. Since I was a little girl I have had a mother who has always told me how to eat and never never let me live. I am now 29 and I am still being told how to eat. I do feel like I do really need to change my ways or it may be to late. I am actually at a...
  • braley88

Help !

Hello all new user here ! Im in desperate need of help and wisdom I am morbid obese . I have a problem with food I try to loose weight and I do good for a little bit then I just quit and go crazy. I really dont have much support here where I live. I'm having a very difficult time with this and I know I need to loose to be healthier I have about 200 to loose ..I just want to feel better ...
  • Hi, I am a 21 year old girl from the Philippines. I don't know how much I weigh but the last time I checked I was 85kg. I'm only 5 ft. tall so imagine how awful I look. I am always afraid to weigh myself for some reason. I bloated so much after finishing college and I am now so freaking fat more than ever. It affects my everyday life. I need to change. I wanted to be a normal girl experiencing...
  • Hi,I am a 21 year old girl from the Philippines. I don't know how much I weigh but the last time I checked I was 85kg. I'm only 5 ft. tall so imagine how awful I look. I am always afraid to weigh myself for some reason. I bloated so much after finishing college and I am now so freaking fat more than ever. It affects my everyday life. I need to change. I wanted to be a normal girl experiencing...
  • Well i havent been on this forum or really working on weight loss for that matter. I was in school fulltime and going through nasty breakup which is still ongoing so all i could do was focus on work, kids, school....but happy to say graduated from my first goal and i gained 10lb in school not horrible not great....but i now need to devise a plan and get back going and back to workouts too.
  • orangey

Fallen arches

Hi allI have developed fallen arches. I have to wear insoles all the time and from my hip down extreme pain lasting for days. I am 40 lbs overweight. My question is how many of you have this problem?I have seen people 100 lb over and wearing flip flops!?
  • jennisall

Hello all!

I'm new here. I'm morbidly obese, and can't sleep tonight. So, I've been reading up on symptoms of diabetes. It runs in my family, and I'd like to see it coming before it gets here. I have also looked up support groups, and found my way here. I read about all the different kinds of baristric surgery tonight, and am 100% sure that I don't want to participate in any of them, no offense to anybody...
  • LiliannB

Weight Update

My sis had gotten me another scale for temporary use for my birthday this week. Till I get on my 1st scale.. it's digital and a talking scale. I weighed in today...which Saturday be my day to peak.HW..468 - 4 Lbs :)Current..451Total... 17 Lbs bye bye!!Liliann
  • Feeling discouraged with my weight loss. 28 days after surgery and I have only lost 12 lbs. My BMI prior to surgery was 38 so I need to loss a total of about 50 lbs per my Dr. You may wonder why I had the surgery, I had a hiatal hernia invading my chest and a prior surgery 15 yrs ago to fix that hiatal hernia failed. Dr fixed everything but also had to do a bypass. Have been on a 400-500...
  • stevesgirl0130

Back at it again!

So, I've done it. Completely started over my weight loss journey. I strayed for about 2 months, no excuses. I got married and just lost focus of my weight loss goals. But now, my husband and I are BOTH doing the Atkin's full force and we just finished our first week! But more on that in a sec.While I strayed, I ate really bad. I thought for sure I would have gained all my weight back, but I...
  • glendaquarels

Hey everyone Im new to this, Im hoping to get and give support. I have almost 200 pounds to lose and Im having a difficult time. Im 43 and have these bad eating habits my whole life :(
  • Who's tryed this I lost 3 lbs in 4 days I opened capsule mixed it with green tea and brags Apple cider left it out over night drink one cup in am Morning I was given this by a work out instructor I had too share been haveing a long drawn out time but this really helps with fighting stomach and removeing fat
  • Who is with me???I will start Tuesday,....I will weigh in monthlyI will post daily here,to share 15/6 daily rule!!!...15 sugar...6 servings carbsLet us do it!!!!Liliann
  • Hello all.I was wandering if us folks that have over 100 lbs to loose and weigh in weekly ....on sharing here. I weigh on Sunday and posting on the diet board. It helps.I am now doing zero carbs and lost 2 Lbs...Total..27 bye bye.Protein and fat is in my staples.Hoping all will share. Have a great week.Liliann