Obesity Support Group

This community is dedicated to those of us struggling with obesity. Obesity is thought to be a significant risk factor in certain health conditions, leading to increased mortality. Find the support you need by sharing your story, asking questions, and learning from others on how they have coped.

0 Online
  • tsullivan2020

New to this.

So here it is. I'm 14 from Massachusetts and a freshman in high school. I've struggled with weight my whole life and have finally had enough. Everyday it is a struggle to walk down the halls in fear of people judging me. I would love to come back to school in august a new person. I am also running for a class officer and am petrified people will judge my speech video:(
  • hannah43214

im new to this

Hi im 16 and 220 pounds and I really need advice and help losing weight. This is probably the fattest Ive ever been. Im in high school and its really hard for me because Im scared Ill never get a boyfriend because everyone probably thinks ew shes fat why would I date her. This one kid yelled at me and called me a fatass and then kidhave a crush on tagged me in a pic of a really heavy girl and...
  • undercovermilkyway

New Here.

Hey!, im Desiré or Desi. Im5"7, 16 and 345lbs. I have hypothyroidism and im a about to be a junior. I really wanna do a ultimate transformation for when school starts again in august. I would if someon would like to partner up with me and work together to reach our goal ( mine being in the 100's). I promise to support you through every break down, power up, and anything else. Ive been in the...
  • fatrolls

being fat in high school

hiim 15 and 190 poundsim hoping to lose 60 poundsi would really like to know how do people cope with being fat in high school like in pe running and your belly keeps jiggling and boys saying your an ssbbw, like I KNOW IM FAT thanks for pointing it out. i sometimes see feederism posts on instagram of people stuffing and i cant hep but think thats what i look like when im eating(which is most of...
  • cindylee_22

New to this...

Where do I start...well, I'm 34 years old and have struggled with my weight my whole life. As a child I was overweight which led to obesity. As an adult, I slimmed down and maintained a healthy body weight throughout most of my twentys. A few years and two kids later, and I'm the biggest I have ever been at over 300lbs - even seeing that number written on the screen makes me feel hopeless. I'm an...
  • BeautifulSerpent

Obese again - deja vu

Groundhog day again!Hi, I'm female in my late 40's and have been struggling with my weight since I started my first diet aged 10. Yeah, I suppose you are never too young to feel you need to lose weight and I clearly remember going to the ships for my mum and instead of buying chocolate for myself, I bought a small bag of green grapes. I would love to share my story with like minded people who...
  • Beth793

FREE COACHING!!!!

Hi! I am offering 28 days or 4 weeks of free coaching to you guys! I will calculate your macros, plan your meals based on foods you enjoy, and give you weekly exercises! Please email me at elizabeth83752@gmail.com. First come, first serve! I hope this helps
  • middleman101

In extacy

I went to the clothing store to buy me a pair of pants yaterday. The one I was wearing was a size 46 waist. I went out of that store wearing a brand new size 44 waist pair of pants. It sounds trivial until it is understood that when I started to lose weight I was wearing a size52 waist size pair of pants. That means I have losy eight inches off of my waist. I wonder what eight inches of fat looks...
  • alex_23

On a journey to recovery, looking for support :)

Hi guys!It's my first post on a support group - I've found the courage to do it because I've decided to move on with my life and to stop feeling sorry for myself. I've been overweight for a long time and I'm tired of the way people look at me... My goal is to lose 100 lbs. I’m tracking my diet on an app called Foodvisor and it has helped me lose 15 pounds so far. I really recommend it if you...
  • Girl_Interrupted1982

Reboot

I have fallen off my weight loss journey and I have started eating bad again. I am going to restart on Monday, because I really want to lose this weight. I have posted earlier this year that I was looking for support on daily strength. So if you are reading this and want support I am willing to give that to you. All I ask is for you to do the same for me in return. Well let me know if this is...
  • LilyHeart

Support Needed

Hello everyone. I'm new here and I'm looking for support on my journey to try dieting again. I'm 23 y/o and 380lbs. I've been having awful health problems and been told that I might not live to 30y/o. I've tried dieting many times, but I always give up after a few weeks or months. Does any of you have advice for me? I really have to start dieting again, but can't find the motivation anymore as my...
  • gmarlin

Hi!

Hi everyone. I have struggled with being overweight my whole life. Fad diets, diet pills, counting calories and/or fat grams, damn near starving myself-- I've tried it all. I was feeling 100% uncomfortable and depressed when I started a new program in January.It's called shred10 and its 10 days of shredding bad habits, and creating new healthy ones. Since then, I've done 6 shreds, and I have so...
  • chisconsin

Trying to get back to my high school self

I am 23 years old and am at almost my heaviest. I lost about 20 lbs since a break up in July from depression and have maintained that weight since then. I weigh 317 lbs and am not happy and was recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I am on one med that makes me jittery and another that makes me lethargic. But this is the first time where I have been serious about wanting to lose weight. For...
  • Aenean

Where do I begin...

Yesterday, I weighed myself for the first time in months & it read 242lbs. This is the heaviest I have been in my whole entire life. I went to a clinic to lose weight about two years ago and I was around my high school weight at 188. I felt so good physically and emotionally. However, the clinic closed down because it turned out everyone was gaining their weight back and then some [ie. Me]. I...
  • Elo

Looking for a fitness pal -> 100 lbs to go

Hi ! I am on a weight loss journey and i am looking for someone to talk to. I feel like having support is important to keep losing weight, but the problem is i can't talk about my weight to anyone, it's too shameful. If you're motivated to lose weight, don't hesitate to message me.I am currently at 265 lbs, and i started dieting in april 2016 and exercising in july 2016. My starting weight was...