Myofascial Pain Syndrome Support Group

Myofascial Pain Syndrome (or MPS) is a term used to describe one of the conditions characterized by chronic pain. It is associated with and caused by "trigger points" (TrPs), sensitive and painful areas between the muscle and fascia. The symptoms can range from referred pain through myofascial trigger points to specific pains in other areas of the body. It may be related to a complex condition known as fibromyalgia.

0 Online
0 Online
  • bisja

medical marijuana

Hi all its been awhile since I posted. I am wondering if anyone here has tried medical marijuana? Minnesota will be allowing it for pain use this year I think in the Fall just wondering if anyone has tried this and if it has helped?
  • Pumpkin31

My own little world...

I strongly dislike the new format for this site. I can't overstate that, but my need to verbally splurge has overtaken me so I thought I'd give it a go, general post-wise. Still can't do regular small update...it's been weeks since mine was relevant but I can't find a way to change it. HeySo.......and 5 mins typing in and poof all my words vanished. Thought this was supposed to fix that??? Still...
  • ralphy1

Physical Therapy Pain

Has anyone used physical therapy and after walked out feeling worse? I did therapy for several months and I was getting some progress. However the therapist noticing knots she couldn't remove and suggesting dry needling. Funds stopped me from going.
  • Auntkat

Psycobabble!

So today was a good day better than I have felt in a while. Why is it that when I start to feel better something sucks it away!Im looking at my OWCP claim and noticed that they added 2 new diagnoses.ADHESIVE CAPSULITIS OF SHOULDER - I get this one, makes sense. OTHER PSYCHOGENIC PAIN- What the TRUCK is this?Well curious me looked it up and have been in tears, I'm crushed. It is NOT all in my...
  • I really hope this is actual footage because it's fascinating but have to accept a small chance this may not be what it claims to be simply because it's been posted on youtube and the source dvd is out of print. With that caveat in place, check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgNoUrNlgr4It appears to be actual living fascia, and it's fascinating...
  • spencerss

do I have MPS?

I feel like I've had a bit of a breakthrough because, after over 2 years of pain and discomfort, I've finally found something that matches up with my symptoms. I'm 20 and have been to 3 different GP's, 2 physiotherapists and a neurologists and no one could really understand what was wrong with me or give me a diagnosis. It started with a small patch of my scalp being 'numb', (not fully but...
  • I've been getting calluses on my 2nd toes because they stick out farther than my big toes and these days I'm in slippers more than shoes, guess they rub more..anyway, being curious I went to look up longer 2nd toe and it turns out that if you have a longer second toe there's a pretty good change you have something called "Morton's toe".There appears to be differing ways to determine it.One page...
  • I finally figured it out! On and off for the last several years I have had the weirdest dreams. They are not really nightmares, but just extremely vivid and nonsensical, even for dreams. I hate them. I look to my dreams for inspiration and self-understanding, and these dreams are all screwed up.I haven't had any for awhile. Then at the health store I saw that they had Magnesium Malate back in...
  • zak1993

Feeling suicidal

I Don't know if this is the right place to post this but I'm going to anyway. I'm a 22 yo male from the uk and for the past 5 years I've suffered from anxiety / muscle knots / MPS, whatever you want to call it. It all started with anxiety at college, I became paranoid that people were staring at me and that there was something wrong with me. It got so bad that I would just sit in class staring...
  • Pumpkin31

Stress and pain

I'm in a bit of a stressful state right now and have really noticed how much my pain has gone up, how tight my muscles have got and how hard everything has got. It certainly makes me appreciate that I'd made a small but definite improvement after weeks and weeks of craniosacral therapy. How I had more stamina, could walk further, looked less like scary-pale-like-death (everywhere I'd go people I...
  • I went back and found some of the threads jessie was kind enough to post for new ppl, so that it will all be in one place. We seem to have quite a feww newbies:In my other thread, I listed vitamins and minerals that can be essential to people with MPS. Here are just some ways that people releive the muscle pain and stiffness without drugs but that can help you cope or feel better. . A hot Bath:...
  • I am always researching new ways to help alleviate my pain, I have considered purchasing a nook book specific to myofascial pain, some are inexpensive, some are quite expensive.Anyone have opinion as to the best book to buy ? Almost all my pain is left Pec, and left sided Trap.Ty !
  • Hi everyone, It has been awhile since I posted anything. I hope everyone is having a nice summer so far. This is going to be long but PLEASE KEEP READING. I will start with the good news. I am pretty much 100% better. I haven't felt this good in over 3.5 years. It has been an extremely long and painful journey but now I can honestly say that I am doing great. Before I explain what finally...
  • karinbendel

myofascial pain

Hello, I am looking for a myofascial pain pen pal, someone I can write to and hear back from, who has what I have and understands. It is very hard to be in the real world and try to describe what this condition is and how it feels. I have daily pain on the sides of my head and top of my head-cervical-, and, it often, flares. Despite this, I walk 8 miles a day and exercise so people, my friends,...
  • bullring

Fascia blaster

I have just bought a fascia blaster not had it long but it seems to be helping its made by Ashley black it took about 5 weeks to come from America and cost about 95.00.