Myasthenia Gravis Support Group

Myasthenia gravis (MG) is a neuromuscular disease leading to fluctuating muscle weakness and fatiguability. The hallmark of myasthenia gravis is muscle weakness that increases during periods of activity and improves after periods of rest. Although myasthenia gravis may affect any voluntary muscle, muscles that control eye and eyelid movement, facial expression, and swallowing are most frequently affected.

0 Online
  • Anushka_W

MuSK MG, hypoventilation and endurance training

Hi there,I apologise in advance for the long post, but it is my first time on the group and I have quite a number of questions. I have had MuSK MG now for almost 5 years, and unfortunately it is still not really under control, although having gone through numerous ups and downs. My symptoms are mostly breathing issues, swallowing and eyesight, so I'm lucky in that it has not affected my limbs'...
  • scaredandpregnant

Mg and labour

Hi I am 25 weeks pregnant with my first baby I was diagnosed with mg in 2005 and was started on medication and had a thymectomy 6 months later which luckily stopped all my symptoms I have not taken any medication since I am now pregnant and have been monitored quite closely due to my medical history can anyone give me advise on labour and whether the mg can come back? Also I was under the...
  • Jackie84

Pregnancy and MG

im 32 years old and was just recently diagnosed with MG. As of right now, it's only ocular. Hasn't gone anywhere else. I have to keep an eye out for any signs in the next year or two. But I've been reading about MG and pregnancy. Sounds risky and scary. I'm not pregnant but I was considering it. Does anyone have any experiences? 
  • momtoboys

New! Breathing?

Hello Group! I am so happy I found this. I almost in process of waiting for a neurologist but have textbook symptoms of MG. question: when I lay down al fall asleep I think my muscles are weak/relaxing and I wake up feeling like I wasn't breathing. Brain tingly, numb all over. When I am awake I can consciously breath deeply and am OK. Muscle weakness in face, eye, neck, chest and arms and legs....
  • gonegirl3

Finally diagnosed!!

It's been a struggle and not sure how I feel but my sfemg was positive for MG. I've waited so long for a Dx. I currently am on the mestinon (which was started prior to the sfemg due to breathing issues). I meet with my neurologist next week to discuss treatment plan and what's to follow. Any advice? Questions I should ask? Treatments I should expect? Any further testing? 
  • Itskay

It's happening again

So I'm a teen going through my first year of MG. And I know that's it common to have both good days and bad. But the last few days have been really bad. Like when I went into the hospital bad. As of late My legs and thighs had  no strength. And my body felt so heavy and weighed down. So I took to the internet googling anything that I could. Trying to find some justification for this turn of...
  • MiaG

Waiting on diagnosis...HELP!

My neurologist says he's pretty sure I have MG based on my symptoms, but he won't prescribe anything to aleviate my symptoms until he confirms the diagnosis...which I'm ok with.  BUT here's the thing... The results for the AChR test just came back negative (after 3 long weeks of waiting), and now he wants me to go get a MuSK test, and see me in 4 weeks to give it time to get the results.  So,...
  • mgalatorre

Thymectomy surgery questions?

Hello!I was wondering if any of you have had a thymectomy surgery with the endoscopy and through the side?
  • Sapira

Need Advice!!!

Hi Every-one! I started Imuran over a month ago or so & almost have a bottle of 50 pills gone, but my liver enzymes & muscle enzmes went sky-high last week & I ended up in the hospital. I just thought I had the flu because I was vomiting so bad, but no, it was my liver.  Does any-one on here know if I was on the Imuran long enough for the pill to do this to me? I know they asked if my liver...
  • AngelsKiss

Generalized Myasthenia Gravis

Hi All,How are you? I am new to the site although I have been reading every now and then since I was last diagnosed with GMG Oct 2016. My journey has been a very long one.I had surger for Thymoma in December 2, 2016 and I noticed since then it seemes the MG has gotten worse. I am currently on 60Mg Mestinon 4 times daily and I am suppose to start taking Imuran but really scared to take it.Anyway,...
  • A report on the difficulty of diagnosising MG with other autoimmune diseases. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1090379817312096"This case illustrates a delay in the diagnosis of myasthenia because initial eye movement abnormalities and ptosis were interpreted as part of NF1. The presence of two distinct entities, although rare, demonstrates the value of careful neurological...
  • Meng

Another deadend

This is another can't get a diagnosis post... Again see a neuro one time and they decide I do not have MG so that is it. I guess they do not care to figure out what it is if it is not MG. Had a SFEMG on one muscle. Negative again. From the bruise and lump I have I wonder how well that test was done. As far as my weakness - it does not fit MG because my eyelids do not droop. My eyebrows do and my...
  • SREASON

Another negative MG test

After all blood work and emg was neg now I've passed the SFEMG with flying colors also which they said it's very unlikely it's MG if that's normal. Has anyone else had MG with normal SFEMG. I'm so confused and feel so lost. The Mestinon is a God send and I don't understand why it's such a huge transformation with the meds if it's not MG. I'm sick of feeling crazy when I know I'm not. 
  • madoak

MuSK

Hello, following an earlier post, I still have no clear diagnosis, but having seen my neurologist a year ago, he has suggested that I trial mestinon after having a few more tests.  This was after not being able to speak, swallow or breath very well after a recent foot operation.  Currently having very bad breathing problems and speech is bottoming out at work every day, swallowing also pretty...
  • After a lifetime of thinking I had asthma with other weird symptoms, I was diagnosed with MG during a crisis in March.  10 days ago I started to have severe low back pain with radicuopathy.  I have had an MRI which shows herniated discs at L3/4 and L4/5 and have been going to physical therapy.  I am taking ibuprofen on a regular basis and per my MD only an occasional Norco 5.  He does not...