Myasthenia Gravis Support Group

Myasthenia gravis (MG) is a neuromuscular disease leading to fluctuating muscle weakness and fatiguability. The hallmark of myasthenia gravis is muscle weakness that increases during periods of activity and improves after periods of rest. Although myasthenia gravis may affect any voluntary muscle, muscles that control eye and eyelid movement, facial expression, and swallowing are most frequently affected.

0 Online
  • joeeed

Suspected MG

i have had vision problems for a year. And professivley getting more frequent  . I suffer double vision but in the Mornings which I read is not common with MG. recently I have noticed when I look down this induces double vision and my eye lid sagging but my eye lid goes back to normal when I look forward (strange) I have neck aches and pains. My worry is I have some weird thing happening in my...
  • deleted_user

Frequency and Dosage of Mestinon

I am currently taking 60 mg of Mestinon 4 times per day, 500 mg Cellcept twice per day, and 30 mg Prednisone. The Mestinon clearly eases my symptoms of slurred speech, inability to hold my head up, fatigue, and difficultly breathing. However, the amount of time the medication is effective has gradually decreased from 4 or 5 hours to about 3 hours. Should I increase the dosage or how frequently I...
  • mermaid3

my reslults-lidocaine-dental surgery

On friday had dental surgery done with several shots of lidocaine in upper gum and roof of mouth. Did fine during procedure,as was walking to car legs became rubbery and arms heavy. Made it home on side streets in case needed to pull over. Once home slowly experienced generalized weakness and fatigued..spent day in recliner and slept 12 hrs. that night.Saturday did grocery shopping and 3 loads...
  • SREASON

Another negative MG test

After all blood work and emg was neg now I've passed the SFEMG with flying colors also which they said it's very unlikely it's MG if that's normal. Has anyone else had MG with normal SFEMG. I'm so confused and feel so lost. The Mestinon is a God send and I don't understand why it's such a huge transformation with the meds if it's not MG. I'm sick of feeling crazy when I know I'm not. 
  • deleted_user

Tongue stiffness and speech problems

Hi everyone,For the past year I have been feeling uncomfortable in the tongue region. After about 6 months I saw an ENT who diagnosed me with silent acid reflux. She put me on a bunch of meds all of which did not resolve the problem and in fact it gave me real acid reflux symptoms! I stopped taking those meds.The last few months I have been getting bouts of severe weakness in my legs that lasts...
  • Itskay

It's happening again

So I'm a teen going through my first year of MG. And I know that's it common to have both good days and bad. But the last few days have been really bad. Like when I went into the hospital bad. As of late My legs and thighs had  no strength. And my body felt so heavy and weighed down. So I took to the internet googling anything that I could. Trying to find some justification for this turn of...
  • TennBR

78 year old Male, Recently Diagnosed with MG

I’m soliciting your comments based on following history of my being recently diagnosed with MG.I will be appreciative of any guidance.  Please read over the following I’m a 78 years old male.  Diagnosed with MG via testing blood for acetylcholine receptor antibodies.  Blood test was done because Ophthalmologist suspected MG when I presented with drooping eyelid and blurred vision.  He...
  • megancortes

Flare ups buy antibodies are disappearing

Hey guys i made a post a few months back on how I started weakening again and how I went from 1 mestinon to 4 in a span of 1 year.Well it hasnt been better. Recently it takes the mestinon too long to work, sometimes it even takes up to two hours to work. And even when i take it I still feel week. Like I can swallow and breathe but walking down steps is hard.So I went to my two neuros and one of...
  • Some research that talks about MG and another autoimmune disease and suggests that multiple autoimmune diseases should be tested/watched for in folks with MG.  The article is a description of 16 patients who have both problems.  The treatment is about the same as for MG, immune system suppressionNeuromyelitis optica (NMO), also known as Devic's disease or Devic's syndrome, is a condition...
  • madoak

Haven't posted for a while

Hello, after EMG results showed a pre ganglionic loss of nerve signal to shoulder muscles and hand, I wondered if it were really MG and not just a spinal problem after an accident. Bloods were normal. However, recently walking has become hard, my neck muscles seem to have given up and am in constant upper back pain through trying to hold my head up.  Hands are like useless flippers.  Then I had...
  • Resilient

Anyone have IVIG after acute pancreatitis?

Was recently hospitalized for acute pancreatitis thought to be from high dose prednisone or autoimmune attack, Now extremely weak Neuro says I need IVIG again but wont give it because of pancreatitis? I also have a IVIG infusion pharmacist researching this because case reports seem to be lacking on this subject. Any info appreciated.
  • gonegirl3

when to expect results with mestinon

I remain awaiting sfemg (June). I did see my neurologist today who felt it was time to start mestinon without a definitive Dx yet. My question is when did you see results? Immediately? A few days? Weeks? 
  • SREASON

Possible MG

I've been worked up for about a 1 for poss MG. Every blood test is neg but my symptoms are text book and mestinon is a huge help. They are still trying to for sure diagnose it. Does anyone else have throat issues when your breathing gets bad? It affects my vocal cords and lungs the worse I guess because my voice gets hoarse and it feels like my throat won't open completely making breathing super...
  • Mariam_Magdy

want help plz :)

Hey guy :)i have MG I'm 16 can you help me ?i just wanna to live normal life and to be in good health.
  • JulieSA

Galatamine

Does anyone take Galatamine for their MG? I heard it is an herb that is an Acetylcholinesterase inhibitor. If you take it or have tried it, can you tell me about your experience? Thanks! -Julie