Myasthenia Gravis Support Group

Myasthenia gravis (MG) is a neuromuscular disease leading to fluctuating muscle weakness and fatiguability. The hallmark of myasthenia gravis is muscle weakness that increases during periods of activity and improves after periods of rest. Although myasthenia gravis may affect any voluntary muscle, muscles that control eye and eyelid movement, facial expression, and swallowing are most frequently affected.

0 Online
0 Online
  • My mother is suffering from MG for last 17 years. On 1 9 july she had myasthenic crisis n she was admitted to hospital. She was relieved after 4 days. Again she was admitted to hospital on 30 july to due continuous vomiting. Docs said that it was due to complications arising due to MG. On 4 Aug she developed fever. Doc treated with Meropenem injection for 8 days and she came back home on 13 Aug....
  • lazor28

Unintended weight loss?

Still no official diagnosis, brain MRI was normal, as I expected. Although, I do have a few new symptoms that may or may not be realted to MG. I am naturally very thin, normal weight is a steady 95 pounds when I am healthy. I have been fluctuating a pound or two up and down at each weekly visit. I had a 2 week span between doctor's visit this time and I have lost 5.5 lbs in just 14 days. This is...
  • shadow597

School-Medication

In 10 days school is starting for me again but with MG. I'm a little worried about my medication. On school days I was used to wake up on 7.30 because my school is near but now I wonder if I should wake up on 6 or 7 to give my medication time to work so that I can be ok at 8. What do you think? Also my neuro said that I should take a mestinon every 4 hours from 8pm to 8 am,so 4 mestinons all day....
  • Has anyone done research on leaky gut and how it relates to MG? Has anyone seen improvements in their symptoms with a change in diet? ie) going gluten free, dairy free, carb free? Have probiotics been helpful for anyone?
  • jessiebclark

Thymoma

This is the report from my CT Scan in relation to an identified thymoma. Has anyone else had a report like this? For others who have had thymomas, how large were yours? Did you get surgery? Were you able to get minimally invasive surgery?Thyroid and Mediastinum: There is anterior mediastinal mass measuring 10 cm in craniocaudal dimension of 5 x 5 cm. There is cystic calcification within the...
  • lazor28

Merry-Go-Round

Hello everyone, I am new to this site and new to the world of chronic illness.My symptoms started about 4 months ago and I am still in the testing/undiagnosed phase. I have what my doctors call "all of the classic clinical symptoms of MG", although ach tests, emg, ncv, and routine labs make me look like a very healthly woman of 38. I have a wonderful team of primary care doctors and a very...
  • alfredsr2

IVIG TREATMENTS

Hello all. I have had 6 IVIG treatments and have been on 150mg of Imuran. I have seen very little improvement. I also take 5 60mg mestinon and 40 mg of prednsone daily. My symptoms include hand cramps,difficult breathing,tighteing of the jaw,eye problems. I need word of encouragement from others in my situaton. Thanks
  • KellyD

Prednisone withdrawal

Hi guys! I've been here as SeattleWriter before, but with the new website update, I can't log in with my old name any longer! I've been starting to withdraw prednisone (with my neuro's permission, of course) after three years (now that I've had my thymectomy and have 6 months of cellcept under my belt). I got down from 15mg to 10mg with no trouble, but now I'm trying to go from 10 to 7.5 on...
  • Have there been any studies if Chiropractic treatment been beneficial in Ocular myasthenia.?I know that C1 an C2 in your vertebrae or spine have somethingto do with nerves in the eye?I haven't been on the board in months and months but I do check in and am still dealing with just the Ocular problem (no ptosis) but variableeye diplopia. It has been 2 years since diagnosis (I had the blood work...
  • chester

Bad weather

does anyone feel worse during bad weather. I get that heavy feeling when it rains or its too humid. Just wondering if it's me or this crappy disease . Thanks for your input
  • Psalm

Muscle pain

Hi everybody! I'm just a newbie here. I just want to know if you're experiencing muscle pain in your body? I was diagnosed with MG last month. I'm under prednisone medication for 25 days now. For 5 days now, I have this body pain. I've been trying to look for answers if patients having MG will have muscle pain. It feels like I went to the gym and I feel really exhausted eventhough I'm not doing...
  • Has anyone read about this?
  • you can't see anything at a glance-- only two discussions fit on the page-- it's like a novice website person got a hold of this. I'll be back when it's more user friendly. Mg is hard enough without struggling to navigate and read!
  • Chevyman

Tight thighs

Hi -new member here. Both of my thighs are very tight on and off for the past 3 years. I can not close/put my knees together and I find my walking is harder during this time. My walk is stiff-legged and very slow and labored. Is this part of M G ? I was diagnosed with MG in 2013.
  • blinkngone

MG Update

Hi Everbody, I was diagnosed with MG back in December and had been taking Mestinon 5X's per day. It worked well until March but I had been losing strength, eye control etc.. I went to my Nuerologist and discussed trying plsmapherisis because I might also need kidney stone surgery in a couple of weeks. I had a permacath installed last Wednesday and Thursday my first treatment using Albumin was...