munchausen by proxy victims of Community Group

This is for the survivors of victimization at the hands of caretakers with munchausen by proxy. Those few who have been identified with the condition never have admitted to it. The disordered person inflicts illness or harm onto their child then seeks help. People whose parent or caretakers subjected them to uneccessary medical treatments and/or harmful substances to induce illness that lead to them being seen as mentally or physically ill, are the "proxy."

0 Online
  • dleibe1

Very afraid, where from here?

My sittion took a long time to write.  I am legitimatey afraid of my mother now.  This post is 100% factual with no exaduration.  You may find it to be a real page turner, but I need to know what to do next, because i am finatially dependent on them at the moment. I am grateful to have found other people with this frighten issue.  I have felt scared, alone, and helpless.  When I looked up...
  • I didn't know there was a name for what my mother did to me until I happened upon it in a book I had picked up at the library by Julie Gregory. Certainly many of the details of my experience differed, but someone had experienced this from their mother too. I read the book in an entire day, and didn't know if I was crying with sorrow or joy - there was a name for what happened to me: Munchausen by...
  • Slbradley87

Mentally Ill controlling grandparents

My parents are both narcissists but my mother i believe has munchausen as well . I am 30 and have lived on SsI my whole adult life because my mother convinced me and the state I'm too mentally Ill to function in society.  Many of my depression issues come directly from their emotional manipulation and many years of emotional abuse but I have no history of violence, drug abuse, legal trouble etc...
  • hey guys this is the only site i have found where there is a group on mbp survivors. I need someone I can talk to regularly. i live in phoenix but even if you dont. I really need some support. you can look me up on facebook.com/thejoycetaus my name is joyce taus 424-254-6123
  • JoyceJokes

Who's in Los Angeles

My Mother is the one who has been making me sick since I was young. She took me Doctor Shopping and I got acute pancreatitis at age 16. Also I have hair follicle damage and I am anemic. There are more long term problems that stem from this, but for the most part I am physically healthy. I just moved out of my moms house, I'm 27, and I checked myself into rehab for marijuana and adderall...
  • deleted_user

Not sure if this group is active... how do I know

I'm 35, almost 36 years old, and I've just recently had a bit of a revelation about my childhood. I'm actually pretty confident that my mom (who is now a bipolar wreck who I haven't spoken to in almost 4 years and who is not allowed to see my children) was deliberately overdosing me on two of my medications when I was a kid, in order to make me sick and garner attention from my father and my...
  • deleted_user

Psychiatric MSBP

All,A recent (poorly translated) abstract was presented at a scientific meeting on the concept of "psychiatric" MSBP: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0924933812745224My mother had this. When I was a toddler (born in 1971), I had a bladder infection that went untreated while she tried to get me diagnosed as a bedwetter, which was seen as largely a psych disorder. When I almost...
  • deleted_user

Television show profiling Muchausen Survivors

To All Concerned,I am a television producer working on a show for the Biography channel about Muchausen Syndrome/Muchausen by Proxy. We are very interested in profiling those stories of survivors who are willing to talk about their situation and how it has impacted their life. If anybody is interested in discussing this with me I would appreciate you getting in touch with me as soon as...
  • deleted_user

I have never met anyone else who survived MBPD, Lo

Hi all, I am a survivor of Munchhausen by proxy. My Mother abused me until age 7 at which point I was permanently removed from her custody. I am currently 23 years old and have been working with a therapist the last few months to finally start digging into the details of my abuse in hopes that this will help me to heal. The further I dig the mom memories and flash backs I have begun to have. The...
  • deleted_user

Help for victims of MBP

Hello All. Quick history: my step-daughter has been a victim of MBP her whole life at the hands of her mother. After a long legal battle, divorce was granted and we were awarded sole full custody of her. In the year she has been in our care, and we have had to overcome the years of alienation she put them through for their father, there has been no need for medical interventions or meds except...
  • deleted_user

Chronic Healing

Hello, I'm new. I've been looking for a group. I'm a member of chronic pain and illness groups but it's different for me because I'm sick because of abuse, not just bad genes or environment. I was poisoned for years. I don't digest food very well as a result and it's taken years of full time work to heal my organs as much as I have. For the first time in 6 years I'm not underweight...
  • deleted_user

Help - New Here

Hi. I hope it is okay that I have joined this group. I am not a survivor of this syndrome, but I have just begun caring for two children who are victims at their mother's hand. The oldest, a boy who just turned 11, has suffered the brunt of the medical abuse, but the 9-year-old girl was also on several unnecessary medications and mom seemed to be starting on her, as well. We have had the...
  • Group Foundersks

thinking of how far i've come....how far i ha

i wonder how others relate to this....that we are working on healing and "getting better" yet we often hear, "you dont need to change, you are perfect as you are. accept yourself just as you are. i have always had goals for mental health. i have progressed tremendously over these 40 plus years since i saw how messed up i was. i dont know if i made progress in spite of not accepting myself or...
  • as has been discussed, the twisting of reality for a child is one of the worst aspects of munchers. the parent hijacks reality and perception, and insists to varying degrees of cleverness, in their version over the child's. actually most parents do this to children, but in a less malignant way. not with intent to harm. so my question is how do we try to find out what is true? if there are other...
  • Group Foundersks

how is everyone managing the holidays?

i am having a hard time with alot of grief missing both my mother and my mother in law (the latter with whom i had spent each of last 6 christmases)...i raise boston terriers and my puppies are cheering me up! susan