munchausen by proxy victims of Community Group

This is for the survivors of victimization at the hands of caretakers with munchausen by proxy. Those few who have been identified with the condition never have admitted to it. The disordered person inflicts illness or harm onto their child then seeks help. People whose parent or caretakers subjected them to uneccessary medical treatments and/or harmful substances to induce illness that lead to them being seen as mentally or physically ill, are the "proxy."

0 Online
0 Online
  • deleted_user

Psychiatric MSBP

All,A recent (poorly translated) abstract was presented at a scientific meeting on the concept of "psychiatric" MSBP: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0924933812745224My mother had this. When I was a toddler (born in 1971), I had a bladder infection that went untreated while she tried to get me diagnosed as a bedwetter, which was seen as largely a psych disorder. When I almost...
  • To All Concerned,I am a television producer working on a show for the Biography channel about Muchausen Syndrome/Muchausen by Proxy. We are very interested in profiling those stories of survivors who are willing to talk about their situation and how it has impacted their life. If anybody is interested in discussing this with me I would appreciate you getting in touch with me as soon as...
  • JoyceJokes

Who's in Los Angeles

My Mother is the one who has been making me sick since I was young. She took me Doctor Shopping and I got acute pancreatitis at age 16. Also I have hair follicle damage and I am anemic. There are more long term problems that stem from this, but for the most part I am physically healthy. I just moved out of my moms house, I'm 27, and I checked myself into rehab for marijuana and adderall...
  • Hi all, I am a survivor of Munchhausen by proxy. My Mother abused me until age 7 at which point I was permanently removed from her custody. I am currently 23 years old and have been working with a therapist the last few months to finally start digging into the details of my abuse in hopes that this will help me to heal. The further I dig the mom memories and flash backs I have begun to have. The...
  • Hello All. Quick history: my step-daughter has been a victim of MBP her whole life at the hands of her mother. After a long legal battle, divorce was granted and we were awarded sole full custody of her. In the year she has been in our care, and we have had to overcome the years of alienation she put them through for their father, there has been no need for medical interventions or meds except...
  • deleted_user

Chronic Healing

Hello, I'm new. I've been looking for a group. I'm a member of chronic pain and illness groups but it's different for me because I'm sick because of abuse, not just bad genes or environment. I was poisoned for years. I don't digest food very well as a result and it's taken years of full time work to heal my organs as much as I have. For the first time in 6 years...
  • deleted_user

Help - New Here

Hi. I hope it is okay that I have joined this group. I am not a survivor of this syndrome, but I have just begun caring for two children who are victims at their mother's hand. The oldest, a boy who just turned 11, has suffered the brunt of the medical abuse, but the 9-year-old girl was also on several unnecessary medications and mom seemed to be starting on her, as well. We have had the...
  • i wonder how others relate to this....that we are working on healing and "getting better" yet we often hear, "you dont need to change, you are perfect as you are. accept yourself just as you are. i have always had goals for mental health. i have progressed tremendously over these 40 plus years since i saw how messed up i was. i dont know if i made progress in spite of not accepting myself or...
  • as has been discussed, the twisting of reality for a child is one of the worst aspects of munchers. the parent hijacks reality and perception, and insists to varying degrees of cleverness, in their version over the child's. actually most parents do this to children, but in a less malignant way. not with intent to harm. so my question is how do we try to find out what is true? if there are...
  • i am having a hard time with alot of grief missing both my mother and my mother in law (the latter with whom i had spent each of last 6 christmases)...i raise boston terriers and my puppies are cheering me up! susan
  • deleted_user

New Here

Hi everyone, I am new here, and wanted to tell my story in hopes it can help me out of confusion.I believe my mother had munchausen by proxy although my story might be a little different than some I am wondering is this what she had?My story is too long to tell completely, so I'm going to try to give examples without telling it all.Some of my 1st memories of my mother are of her injuring me...
  • Hi group. So glad to have found you. I am 51. Some pieces of the awful story of my life have been coming together for me this summer. Do you think making your child fat and then seeking medical attention qualifies as MBP?I believe my mother did this to me for 2 reasons: 1. to garner attention from my pediatrician, and look like the perfect vigilant parent 2. to be sure that my father would...
  • For what it is worth, this is a post I just put on the PTSD website.I spent over two years writing a memoir and in it I mentioned what I believed was the Munchhausen Syndrome by Proxy link. An editor told me (2010) they couldn't publish anything about MSbyP unless the perp had been declared to be such in a court of law. Very dicey in the legal sense, so I had to change my memoir to read...
  • ImACamp

The Good Mother

Has anyone watched "The Good Mother" on lifetime? I'm about an hour into it and it's irritating me. I assume that it's a "msbp" mother by their standards, but in one of the opening scenes the dad says "let's get her to the hospital" and the mother refuses. That's definitely not msbp. I know you ladies are doing research on msbp. I don't know what all you hope to...
  • I'm 35, almost 36 years old, and I've just recently had a bit of a revelation about my childhood. I'm actually pretty confident that my mom (who is now a bipolar wreck who I haven't spoken to in almost 4 years and who is not allowed to see my children) was deliberately overdosing me on two of my medications when I was a kid, in order to make me sick and garner attention from...