munchausen by proxy victims of Community Group

This is for the survivors of victimization at the hands of caretakers with munchausen by proxy. Those few who have been identified with the condition never have admitted to it. The disordered person inflicts illness or harm onto their child then seeks help. People whose parent or caretakers subjected them to uneccessary medical treatments and/or harmful substances to induce illness that lead to them being seen as mentally or physically ill, are the "proxy."

0 Online

Very afraid, where from here?

My sittion took a long time to write.  I am legitimatey afraid of my mother now.  This post is 100% factual with no exaduration.  You may find it to be a real page turner, but I need to know what to do next, because i am finatially dependent on them at the moment.

I am grateful to have found other people with this frighten issue.  I have felt scared, alone, and helpless.  When I looked up the DSM description of Munchousen, I felt like I had just stepped into a horror movie.  Very many of the symptoms of this disorder present.  I did not even know about this condition

Here is the list of symptoms from Medscape that have been true of my mother's activity.  This is the article  I will use an astrix * to lable the ones that are true for her.  I became terrified and sccay as f   am read the list of symptoms.  I am scarat this time.  I was phisically restrained by mty family. Pleas read this account.  This is very important to me and I would like to know where I should go.  Where can't  find me This. is what happened to me at age 30.

She had driven me to Maryland from my home in Washington DC where at the time I was working and having the time of my life.

The last time my mother engineered a visit to a psych ward,, I ended staying 5 days instead of the minimum 3.  They kept me because:

She had driven my to Maryland from my home in Washington DC, and I had no way to get back on my own.

She had somehow set up an appointment with a psychiatrist.  It was my understanding that only the patient is allowed to set up appointments that are supposed to be private.  She was in the room the entire time when I was with the psychiatrist.  I have no idea how I did it.  At the very least it was a violation of hippa, the law for patient confidentiality.  

My mother was allowed to know everything about my "condition" and was able to say anything to the doctors get me into  hospital to relieve her anxiety. It was not for me. I am not sure that was legal.  If anyone has info on hippa and whether or not my rights were violated, I would love to have that info from anyone using this site.

When I got to the "appointment," my mother had set up with a Dr in Maryland,  all I said to him told the Dr was what was happening to me So I just told him the truth "My mom brought me here, It's gone too far, Help me get home.  Now I am very concerned."

My mother had somehow set up an appointment with a psychiatrist.  It was my understanding that only the patient is allowed to set up appointments that are supposed to be private.  She was in the room the entire time when I was with the psychiatrist.  I have no idea how I did it.  At the very least it was a violation of hippa, the law for patient confidentiality.  

My mother was allowed to sit in the room and "explain what was wrong"  I'm not sure that was legal.  If anyone has info on hippa and whether or not my rights were violated, I would love to have that info from anyone using this site.

When I got to the "appointment,"  In Maryland, with this Dcr,  all I said to him was the truth.  My mom brought me here,  I have no way to get home

I needa

When I knew they were serious, I got scared, and at age 30, I decided "No, this is my life, this has gone too far, I'm leaving to go home and go to work tomorrow."

After they told me I was going to a hospital after I had barely said a word.  I walked out and said "This is not okay, take me home, I did nothing wrong or even odd.  At this point, the entire situration was for my mother at this point.  I have no idea why.  She was extensively abused by her father as a chiled

I figured this would have ended by now but... A hospital?  Really?  Just to reassure my Mother?  I thought to myself at the time "This is not okay,"  I didn't know what to do. 

I had no control whatsoever over my life at this point,   When I was taken to Maryland, I was restrained an d essential had no control of my own life, I was 30 years old.  So far it seem that this entire ordeal was to make my mother less stressed out, and it was not okay. 

My mother walked right into the ward,  She went straight to the front desk to tell them all "all about their son.  It took a long timer to convince the staff to kick her out.  I looked absolutely crazy, my display of valid anger.  My mother was still in control, I don't know how she pulls it off

In the hospital, the phone they had there could not call long distance numbers, only local.  So the administrators had no idea where I was, for 5 days.

The following may have been the scariest in my life.  To this day I have nightmares about the incident.   I was fine, sleeping 8 hours and was a reasonable human being begging for freedom to go home.

The phone we were allowed to use in the hospital could not call long distance numbers (My school in DC. I  begged the staff to allow me to just use one of their phones to make a brief phone call to my boss.

I was put on 200 mg of Seroquil after that.   When I had a one on one with a psychiatrist, I asked him why?  This is what he had told me briefly.

During a one one meeting, he lowered his voice and said "Just stop arguing with the staff for a phone."  I had to swallow a powerful substance, because I wanted to tell my  boss where I was.

I was livid and was having trouble controlling myself.  They kept me 2 more days (rather than the minimum 3), because I was asking for a phone to call my boss.  During the entire situation I was absolutely terrified and helpless.  I had never felt so afraid an helpless.

In my, school, none of my colleagues knew where I was.  I could not call them. 

I never missed a day at that job.  When they did not know what to do, they put me on administrative leave because it was all they could do.  I was not allowed to enter the building though...

When I got back to work (8 months later, I explained the situation to my boss (the Principal.  I think it is possible that all the only terms that myadministration  heard was "mental hospital,"  and saw that I was "acting different."  It was because I was scared.  I told them not to let my parents into the school, it may have sounded paranoid and unreasonable. 

I lost my job.  They had cut out my position a few weeks after my return.  

Before the incident ,I was labeled by many of the staff as "The hardest working person in the building."

They may have likely dropped me,  becaduse after I told them my story and looked odd.  They could not tell understand that  I was terrified, I looked nutty to them.  

Because I told them about the mental hospital, I think it may have reinforced their beliefe that I might not be okay to work with kids.  I was one of the hardest working teachers in the building, but now they thought I was a liability.  I don't think they believed a word I said.  They may have thought it was paranoia.

I am writing this now as they are doing it again.  I am looking for a shelter in a state where she can't find me.  I will likely move into a shelter and get my life together, However,  it can't be in a place I have lived before.  I have an awesome resume, so I will get a job no problem, but I have to move on and walk away.  

I love her to death but, this behavior terrifies me and I have to draw a line and walk away when it happens again..  

Hospitals always require you to have a "medication adjustment, simply because it is their job to "do something" about the simple fact that for some reason you were.

Because obviousely if you are there, "something must be wrong you were put into a mental hospital!"

I'm scared, the other night I was on the floor in the fetal position begging her to take me there again.  I am 34 years old and I was crying and begging like a helpless child .  

At that moment I realized I may have PTSD over the incident.  I still have nightmares, but I think I will work through it once I know I am safe and go somewhere she can't find me.  That's my story, I hope you guys can give me any ideas.  

I'm wondering whether there are shelters I might go to that are not homeless shelters, but I am okay with a homeless shelter.  I want to move on and start a family.  That can't happen here in Maryland where I have moved in with my parents and am financially dependent.  They want to send me now because I confronted my brother for very valid reasons.  Rather than respond to any of my concerns, he called my mother and said "come get Dan, he sounds manic."  

I became terrified, and begged my mother not to take me to the hospital.  I realized then that what they did was wrong.  I have had 4 years to think about it. 

I sounded like a helpless child on the phone, which concerns me about PDSD.  I have to let it go, forgive my family, but move on.  I am ready to have my own life, where I am allowed to make decisions for myself.

.  THere

anyone that has anything to say, please do.  I have decided though that I must move somewhere safe.

This is a long post, but I felt I needed to lay out much of it  There is much more, I don't know what to do.  Where can I go to get away from my mother and have my own life?

Replies

JoyceJokes
JoyceJokes

Send me a message