Migraine Headaches Support Group

Migraine is a neurological disease, of which the most common symptom is an intense and disabling episodic headache. Migraine headaches are usually characterized by severe pain on one or both sides of the head and are often accompanied by photophobia (hypersensitivity to light), phonophobia (hypersensitivity to sound) and nausea.

3 Online
  • dhits

Green LED

OK, there was a new study about staring at green LED lights that was supposed to help migraine sufferers.  I decided to switch out my reading light with a green LED and it does cause less strain on the eyes.  I can actually read a book now, sometimes.  It's not a cure all, but another tool among many that helps.
  • Nina1959

Hello - aphasia

Hi, I just joined this group after discovering with my docs' help that I have transient aphasia with my migraines.I got my first migraine at age 32 while working in a factory that made plastics. I thought I was having a stroke as one pupil was so large and the other normal size. The ER said it was a migraine and I was relieved but I'd never had one before. Later that year I got very ill and then...
  • DreamHopp3r

Where Do I Begin?

I've been suffering from Chronic Migraines since I was 8 years old. I am 24 now. When people ask how I deal with it, I reply with "I am use to it". When really I am dying inside. My head is killing me, in many ways. How is it possible for me to survive this, when every migraine stops me in my tracks? I suffer From Chronic Migraines, Depression, Anxiety, Borderline Personality Disorder, Neck and...
  • Mark923

Migraines

I've suffered all my life with migraine headaches.  I can't remember not gettting them.  If I didn't sleep enough, slept too deep, didn't eat, etc..  A friend of mine advised me to increase my immune system, basically change your health, change your life.  I started a natural supplement and have seen a dramatic change in my frequency of migraines.  I went from about 2-3 per month........to...
  • foreverrain

Will they come back?

I can remember having a migraine as early as age 4, and have had them frequently throughout my life. I didn't see a doctor about it until I was 14 and begged my mom to take me. Anyway, when I was 21 my father passed away and I was having a terrible time in college, yet my migraines began to lessen in frequency and severity. Now I'm 23 and rarely have them at all, and  I'm extremely grateful. I...
  • Hi everyone, I have recently started taking the extended release version of Topamax for migraines and slightly increased intracranial pressure. About one month ago I started on 25 mg for a week and then 50 for three weeks. The first three weeks were pretty awful with headaches being worse than  usual. Then they appeared to level out.The neurologist then increased it to 75 mg on Thursday. I...
  • Butterfly24

Occipital Neuralgia stole my life

Hi! I'm 24 years old and have had terrible headaches my whole life. They becaue unbearable at age 19. I was sent to a Pain Managment clinic and diagnosed with Occipital Neuralgia and a few other brain abnormalities. I'm at the point of I've tried everything there is and I'm so tired of hurting. Tomorrow going in for an Toradol / Ketamine injection. Praying it'll work. But welcome guys! 
  • viewabletotheworld

Lumbar Puncture/ Spinal Tap

I am 16 years old and about 2 days ago i went to the ER in the middle of the night where they performed a lumbar puncture. this is not my first one, i had another one when i was 5, but for obvious reasons do not remember it. I am now suffering from horrible back/shoulder pain & migraines when i sit or stand. also when i stand for too long, i throw up. does anyone have any suggestions on how to...
  • deleted_user

Familial Hemiplegic Migraines

H Everybody,Are there any other FMH patients in here?
  • deleted_user

I'm all alone?

A few days ago I posted about hemiplegic migraines. Doors anyone know what these are? Can any one relate? Am I alone?
  • WashingtonMom

New..Need advice on IV therapy for Migraines....

Hi everyone! I suffer from migraines as well as fibromyalgia. I have tried all the Fibro meds with bad side effects, so I only take Norco for the pain. For my migraines, I started taking Topamax last November (25mg up to 50mg now). I never wanted to be on it, but I was on a chronic migraine last Sept-Nov and was at my wits end. It worked GREAT for a month and then stopped working. I went up to...
  • tasha17

New Member, College Student w/ Migraines

Hi there, I'm new to this but I've just been feeling so down lately because of chronic migraines. I've had occaisonal migraines since  I was 14, but for almost 8 months now I've had chronic, almost daily headaches/migraines that severely impact my ability to do work and keep up with classes (I'm a college senior about to graduate). I have a top neurologist, take medications, have made lifestyle...
  • rahasbun

these symptoms tho

Hey y'all! I was wondering if anyone here knew or had advice for finding the best solution to relieve migraine symptoms 
  • Lovefromgracie

Migraines?

Are migraines just long and intense headaches or something more?
  • deleted_user

Red Dye #40

I think I've found a major trigger for me!! I'm diligently trying to narrow down my migraine triggers, I have been dealing with these headaches for almost 20 years. I have my FIRST appt. with a neurologist at the end of this month. I am currently taking 200 mg of Topamax and Imitrex as needed. I have on average 4 migraines a week. I had 17 in August and 14 in July. I'll get on a run and have...