Migraine Headaches Support Group

Migraine is a neurological disease, of which the most common symptom is an intense and disabling episodic headache. Migraine headaches are usually characterized by severe pain on one or both sides of the head and are often accompanied by photophobia (hypersensitivity to light), phonophobia (hypersensitivity to sound) and nausea.

1 Online
1 Online
  • MrsNoodles

Triggers

Hello. I was wondering if anyone has pinpointed any specific food triggers to their migraines. It is hard for me to establish what may be a trigger due to me having 15-20 migraines a month. I have even tried a diary. I am pretty positive MSG, Soy Protein, Nitrates/ites, peanuts, and maybe certain dyes. Your thoughts?
  • On Thursday night I went to a local urgent care. I had given up on going to ERs. Whatever meds or shots they have me in the past never helped and most if the time, I was made to feel like a drug seeker. I was given a injection of Toradol. The migraine was gone in about 40 min and it stayed away. I told them I would need a steroid pack because if I could get to my neurologist that is what he...
  • MrsNoodles

Injections

I recently received injections in the base of my skull to numb the nerves in order to help with my migraines. I have not noticed a difference. Has anyone else received this treatment? If so, what has your experience been like?
  • MrsNoodles

Intractable Migraines

This is the first support group I have joined. I am posting to see if there is someone who may or has experienced the type of migraines I do. I have had migraines since I was in elementary school, but for the past few years hey have progressively gotten worse. I generally have two types. The first one is the more severe one which can last for days; even weeks. These ones are behind my right eye...
  • I've had migraines since I was 14 years old. When I was younger the migraines were much more predictable. I'd get aura 1/2 hour, followed by numbing fingers, lips for about 1/2 hour & then pain for a solid 2 hours & it would all be gone in about 3 1/2 hours to 4hrs tops! This would happen once every 4-6 months so when I was younger I didn't get them as often.The older I got I noticed that the...
  • I just had a REALLY bad optical mihraine that lasted more than 30 minutes.
  • So,now that my morning headache has faded a bit,i feel i can write here....Yvette,if you are reading this,you were absolutely right about my neuro visit..first of all,i was terrified of meeting him becuase of all his terrible reviews online,but i went anyway..he obviously hadn't read the reason i was reffered from the ER,and asked why i was there... because he was so cold,i felt confused and like...
  • Do you get these? Do you "see" (experience) the distorions even with your eyes closed?Do you get them with or without an actual migraine? And sometimes AFTER a migraine, so not an aura?I'm 71. had cyclic migraines when I was menstruting. They got worse durin menopause, then stopped for a deade of more and are now back - OFTEN!! Cannot pinpoint th etrigger, but I am on prednsione and not sleeping...
  • JohnD1

Candesartan

Does anyone take candesartan for migraines? I used to have frequent migraines but since being on candesartan (for high BP) they are far, far less frequent. I have been on this drug for wellover five years now. I came off the candesartan a couple of times to try another drug in its class, losartan, but migraines came back with a vengeance.I wasn't prescribed this as a migraine treatment, though...
  • kyraschildt

My Migraine Life

Hello everybody! I've been getting migraines since I was two years old, I am now fifteen. When I was around eight years old my doctor told me that the next time I get a migraine I would go in for a CAT scan. She completely forgot about it, and so did I. In the past six months I've been noticing that I've been starting to lose my eyesight. I've only had it happen twice. I start losing my eyesight...
  • Hello all....i am really really going to try my best not to ramble on here,but i can't promise i won't,so please forgive me in advance..i was dxd with migraine at 13 years old.(i am now close to my 41st birthday)...i've gone through years of few of them,then returning,but mainly dealing with daily morning tension headaches..several years ago i had the worst migraine of my life following a...
  • thralkr

new and miserable

I've had a headache every day for two weeks and it's making me crazy. Imitrex didn't help. At all. I started Amitriptyline which hasn't started working. I have to leave work early every day. I don't have the headache in the morning when I wake up, but now I have anxiety instead because I know the headache is coming so I'm anxious until it arrives. Nothing except heat packs and laying down...
  • shesasadtomato

eyelid edema

does anyone else get eyelid edema with their really bad migraines? over the past few years this has started happening to me more and more frequently to the point where when i have a very severe migraine or a 3-day whopper, i will wake up with one of my eyelids swollen so much i can't open my eye and it's bruised so i look like i've been beaten in my sleep (much to my husband's dismay!).i was...
  • Hi, I want to tell of my experience as it saved my life this year in January.I am still what I would call as in recovery but here it goesI woke up in April 2015 with what I thought was one of my migraines. But it didn't go away for a week. It then calmed down but new pain appeared in my eye and skull, like a knife was stuck in there. If I did anything too much such as clean or run or anything...
  • I'm so so scared. I used to just get migraines with pain behind one eye, light sensitivity, etc. Now I get neurological symptoms. I've had 3 migraines now where I've had those scary symptoms. The first time I couldn't speak words in the right order or spell words properly and I went to the hospital because I was scared. The second time I had that plus visual symptoms (curvy burry lines in my...