Menopause Support Group
Menopause is the physiological cessation of menstrual cycles associated with advancing age. It normally occurs in women between the ages of 45 and 55, when the body begins to slow and stop the production of eggs, estrogen and progesterone production decreases, and menstruation diminishes, eventually stopping altogether.
bmason
Heres a list of 35 symptoms of premenopause & menopause..I was wondering what everyones symptoms were? I've had most of them on and off. It seems like I have a few symptoms for awhile and then they stop and I get a different set. The buzzing in the ears is finally over (hated that one). The worst one for me was the off balance feeling. I had that one for almost a year. I still have it sometimes but now I think its brought on by anxity. One good thing about premenopause for me; is I actually have a better sex drive. I hope that one stays. Heres the list.
1. Hot flashes, flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling
2. Irregular heart beat
3. Irritability
4. Mood swings, sudden tears
5. Trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats)
6. Irregular periods; shorter, lighter periods; heavier periods, flooding; phantom periods, shorter cycles, longer cycles
7. Loss of libido
8. Dry vagina
9. Crashing fatigue
10. Anxiety, feeling ill at ease
11. Feelings of dread, apprehension, doom
12. Difficulty concentrating, disorientation, mental confusion
13. Disturbing memory lapses
14. Incontinence, especially upon sneezing, laughing; urge incontinence
15. Itchy, crawly skin
16. Aching, sore joints, muscles and tendons
17. Increased tension in muscles
18. Breast tenderness
19. Headache change: increase or decrease
20. Gastrointestinal distress, indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea
21. Sudden bouts of bloat
22. Depression
23. Exacerbation of existing conditions
24. Increase in allergies
25. Weight gain
26. Hair loss or thinning, head, pubic, or whole body; increase in facial hair
27. Dizziness, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance
28. Changes in body odor
29. Electric shock sensation under the skin and in the head
30. Tingling in the extremities
31. Gum problems, increased bleeding
32. Burning tongue, burning roof of mouth, bad taste in mouth, change in breath odor
33. Osteoporosis (after several years)
34. Changes in fingernails: softer, crack or break easier
35. Tinnitus: ringing in ears, bells, 'whooshing,' buzzing etc.
1. Hot flashes, flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling
2. Irregular heart beat
3. Irritability
4. Mood swings, sudden tears
5. Trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats)
6. Irregular periods; shorter, lighter periods; heavier periods, flooding; phantom periods, shorter cycles, longer cycles
7. Loss of libido
8. Dry vagina
9. Crashing fatigue
10. Anxiety, feeling ill at ease
11. Feelings of dread, apprehension, doom
12. Difficulty concentrating, disorientation, mental confusion
13. Disturbing memory lapses
14. Incontinence, especially upon sneezing, laughing; urge incontinence
15. Itchy, crawly skin
16. Aching, sore joints, muscles and tendons
17. Increased tension in muscles
18. Breast tenderness
19. Headache change: increase or decrease
20. Gastrointestinal distress, indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea
21. Sudden bouts of bloat
22. Depression
23. Exacerbation of existing conditions
24. Increase in allergies
25. Weight gain
26. Hair loss or thinning, head, pubic, or whole body; increase in facial hair
27. Dizziness, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance
28. Changes in body odor
29. Electric shock sensation under the skin and in the head
30. Tingling in the extremities
31. Gum problems, increased bleeding
32. Burning tongue, burning roof of mouth, bad taste in mouth, change in breath odor
33. Osteoporosis (after several years)
34. Changes in fingernails: softer, crack or break easier
35. Tinnitus: ringing in ears, bells, 'whooshing,' buzzing etc.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
NOT MUCH FUN!!!
Its the anger that is so overwhelming to me. I too do not want to go on HRT and not sure I want to go on antidepressants but I have to do something.
1. Hot flashes, flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling
2. Irregular heart beat
3. Irritability
4. Mood swings, sudden tears
5. Trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats)
6.. Crashing fatigue
7.. Anxiety, feeling ill at ease
8. Feelings of dread, apprehension, doom
9. Difficulty concentrating, disorientation, mental confusion
10.. Disturbing memory lapses
11. Incontinence, especially upon sneezing, laughing; urge incontinence
12.. Itchy, crawly skin
13.. Aching, sore joints, muscles and tendons
14.. Increased tension in muscles
15.. Breast tenderness
16.. Headache change: increase
17. Gastrointestinal distress, indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea
18. Sudden bouts of bloat
19. Depression
20. Exacerbation of existing conditions
21. Increase in allergies
22. Hair loss or thinning, head, pubic, or whole body; increase in facial hair
23. Dizziness, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance
24.. Tinnitus: ringing in ears, bells, 'whooshing,' buzzing etc.
Prayer (and Xanax) helps with all 35!
1. Hot flashes, flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling
2. Irregular heart beat
3. Irritability
4. Mood swings, sudden tears
5. Trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats)
6. Irregular periods; shorter, lighter periods; heavier periods, flooding; phantom periods, shorter cycles, longer cycles
7. Loss of libido
8. Dry vagina
9. Crashing fatigue
10. Anxiety, feeling ill at ease
11. Feelings of dread, apprehension, doom
12. Difficulty concentrating, disorientation, mental confusion
13. Disturbing memory lapses
14. Incontinence, especially upon sneezing, laughing; urge incontinence
16. Aching, sore joints, muscles and tendons
17. Increased tension in muscles
18. Breast tenderness
20. Gastrointestinal distress, indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea
23. Exacerbation of existing conditions
25. Weight gain
26. Hair loss or thinning, head, pubic, or whole body; increase in facial hair
27. Dizziness, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance
29. Electric shock sensation under the skin and in the head
30. Tingling in the extremities
32. Burning tongue, burning roof of mouth, bad taste in mouth, change in breath odor
35. Tinnitus: ringing in ears, bells, 'whooshing,' buzzing etc.
But thanks for documenting it. We should have that made into a poster for our families...something like "and you wonder why I'm crabby" I'd look at doing that, but I have a tendancy to lose my train of thought.