MCTD Support Group

Mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD) or Sharp's syndrome is a human autoimmune disease in which the immune system attacks the body. MCTD combines features of polymyositis, systemic lupus erythematosus, and systemic scleroderma and is thus considered an overlap syndrome. MCTD commonly causes joint pain/swelling, Raynaud phenomenon, muscle inflammation, and scarring of the skin of the hand.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Katalyzt

Hope

Okay, so I finally bit the bullet, and shelled out $300 for an appointment with a cannabis doctor her in California.This is basically one of the few totally legit doctors in my area of SoCal. There are no Jimi Hendrix posters on the wall. You meet with two doctors for an hour-- they are a bit more informal than most doctors, but it's all business. They looked up MCTD, and were doing literature...
  • Katalyzt

Very depressed

I feel like I have totally lost this online support group-- like most of my friends just slipped away when the website was redesigned.I'm having a really hard time right now. I can't sleep because of the dysphagia and muscle discomfort, so I can't think straight. I meditate, fall half asleep, gag on my own saliva, wake up. I keep doing all the exercises and self-interventions to regulate my...
  • Coatlicue

Weight Gain/ Dizziness

Hey! I was recently diagnosed and put on meds. Im wondering how to combat weight gain. I cant exercise like I could just 4 months ago and I dont know what to do. I got dizzy and fell over today working out at home. Ack! Any diet/ exercise suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!
  • I think my rheumatologist isn't convinced its lupus. I always have a high ana titre but no rna, no issues with CRP (used to) and no deranged compliment.vital organs are fine but my gut is ruined. Constant burning pain, lymphocytic gastritis, insomnia, muscles and tendons always sore and tight (fibromyalgia), Raynaud's phenomenon. I feel I'm a mess and cannot get on top of the pain despite lyrica....
  • For over 15 years I have had MCTD. I have been seriously sick for one and a half year because I stayed with the wrong doctor. I am now diagnoses with "Mixed collagen vascular disease" have you heard of it? The doctor said this one is serious. Your input is appreciated. Gail
  • I have been dealing with this disease since the age of 9 years old and I am now 46 years old I am very tired . Lots of steroids over the years have caused me to have five hip surgeries,diabetes ,high blood pressure ,tachycardia ,glaucoma Sjogren's disease as I age the list gets greater.Happy to have found this group !
  • I have been having lots of issues with my bladder. I keep having pain even though everything shows that the gentemyacin shot and daily macrobid pills have knocked out the infection I have had for the past 6 months. So last visit to the urologist, I had a test where the put a probe in my vagina and bladder and all around my butt. Then, they filled my bladder with water and had me stand up, cough...
  • Hallo, For quite a few weeks I have been suffering from fluctuating pain in and around the balls of my feet. Sometimes I can hardly walk, other times it improves as I am walking but it never goes away completely. If I stand still it gets worse and when I move away the pain continues there again. The ball of both feet appears swollen and if I press with my finger on the underside it gives me pain...
  • I don't get it. I am currently going thru a Lupus/MCTD flare. I have had these dx's for over 20 plus years along with RA, Fibro, Raynaud's, and many more. I am going to a great new PCP. They did boo coo of tests on me. I have to return to MD on Tuesday for an ultrasound on my feet and legs. The test I took I failed so now I need an ultrasound. I just got a call a few minutes ago and was...
  • Neany360

Diagnosis Questions

Hello All!! I'm currently in the process of being diagnosed with MCTD. My ANA-antibody test came pack positive, so I'm in the process of trying to get referred to a rheumatologist. While waiting, I'm noticing that my body is having a total melt down. It hurts to go up the stairs, get out of chairs, and/or get out of bed. I had pleurisy and pericarditis this passed year, which is what started this...
  • Emmalee

newbie post

Hello, all. New here, was diagnosed with MCTD back in January. I was actually pretty lucky to find out what was wrong so fast. I'd been having joint pain for a semester and finally went to clinic when my feet/ankles swelled up like a baloon. Baffled doctors, but they ran a lot of blood tests including ANA and sure enough that was elevated so was sent to rheumatologist. While waiting to get in (it...
  • MToennis

What a pain!

I have been doing pretty well for the last couple of years with the MCTD, UCTD, or Lupus, depending upon which Dr you talk to. Negative labs, controlled pain and swelling, ect. But the last 2 days have been hell. I didnt sleep well for the last 2 night due to generalized pain. Then, had trouble getting out of bed. My back went into spasms but that was just the beginning. Pain in my feet and toes,...
  • One of diseases is MCTD. I also have Bile Gastritis. New this month is Sjogren's and Neuropathy of the left foot and mouth. I also think I now have Scleroderma. My question is: I wake up out a deep sleep (when I can sleep) with severe chest pains. I believe it is Severe heart burn. I have to drink water, drink Gaviscon, and raise my bed higher. I have developed a cough now. If feels at...
  • MToennis

New site

What a pain! I am finding this hard to find anything. Plus, I have had to change my password twice! And why is the type so small on the posting area but so huge on the reading area? A couple of days I could not even get on due to the upgrade. It sure will take awhile to get used to this!
  • Katalyzt

New Website Design

Guys, I could not retrieve my old account information whatsoever.I wasted SO much time, and it is absolutely not worth it. This new website is really beyond terrible; the layout is so self-evdently bad, there's no point in detailing all its drawbacks.For anyone who does not know, my former handle was Catalyzt, but I have now lost my photos, friends, etc. I may try to talk to the system...