Lyme Disease Support Group

Lyme disease is the most common vector-borne disease in the Northern Hemisphere. It is now one of the fastest growing infectious diseases in the U.S. Lyme disease is caused by infection with the Borrelia burgdorferi bacteria, and is primarily transmitted to humans as well as dogs, horses and other domesticated animals by the bite of infected ticks.

0 Online
  • CalvinsMom1

Exercise

Anyone else have an increase of symptoms after exercise?  I'm 26 years old and before getting lyme I did yoga and went to the gym fairly regularly and had no issues.  For the past few weeks I have tried to be active about once a week and I have an increase in symptoms for the following few days.  This weekend I vacuumed my small apartment and did some other similar tasks and my symptoms have...
  • hope08

New here have questions

Hello. I have been diagnosed with Lyme disease this week. I was bitten more than 20 years ago. I had a target lesion that was drained but nothing else was done at that time that I recall. I have many symptoms depression, anxiety, OCD, panic, pain in neck, headaches, dizziness, dysautonomia, etc. Has anyone had Igenix testing? Is it accurate? Which panels should be ordered? does anyone else...
  • clawrence

My Story and Support Group

I have suffered with Chronic Lyme Disease for 5 years now. I have had a huge improvement in my health and I want to share what worked for me and help anyone I can! I want to give hope and support for people at every stage and mindset of this sickness. I can also talk about what it's like to start improving and trying to rebuild a normal life and friendships again. Here is the link: My story and...
  • Lymie2012

Which books or treatments do you use?

I'm new to this group but not lyme. Hello fellow lyme warriors. I see so many newly diagnosed lymies....so sorry but welcome to an unexpected life journey. As you research this disease you will find many people who want to sell you one thing or another ... some are real some is snake oil. So to help save you some steps here are some reliable authors: Stephen Buhner " Healing Lyme" Natural...
  • Karenrob

Need all the advice i can get!

Hey everybody! I was diagnosed with lyme disease about 3 months ago. We thought my leg was broken (didnt know how i did it) & went to urgent care. The doctor diagnosed me with lyme disease but also said that we cant rely on the results alone because they can be misleading. I also had other symptoms that the doctor didnt even know about until after he diagnosed me such as feeling sick, extremely...
  • cynthia252621

cynthia

I AM HERE TO TESTIFY ON HOW MY HERPES VIRUS WAS CURED BY DR akubuo. I'm cynthia stuart, currently in Texas. I had been in a relationship with a guy and we had unprotected sex for the first time and within a day i got a big bump on the crease of my thigh and vagina. after a few days it began to hurt more and more. I told him to take a picture of it for me, and it looked like open sores, like bugs...
  • born2fish

New to board

I just started treatment for Lyme. Going to a LLMD and doing antibiotics and herbal treatment. A week in I'm having a herx reaction and I am very short tempered and easily frustrated. With joint pain numb hands and feet and muscle twitches. I'm assuming other people have felt like this. I was told it would be like this but I don't think I really believed it. 
  • CalvinsMom1

New

Hi everyone.Today I received some lab results back saying it is likely that I have Lyme Disease.  I'm feeling so many things right now and am not sure where to turn.First, I'm very confused.  How could I have gotten Lyme?  I don't hike in the woods or in tall grass.  I have sat on mowed grass in a park but I thought that was safe?  Does Lyme ever go away?  It seems to be hard to get a clear...
  • TickedoffTom

Hello to all Lyme Members

Hi, I am new here and I have Lyme disease. I'd like to talk with any and all Lyme patients that want to talk with me. Thanks!
  • kes

confused

hello everyone, i was just diagnosed with lyme disease in  sept 2016, tested positive on first blood test, i went for emg in july 2016 and i have neuropathy, which is affecting the nerves and muscles. i have been very tired for last year and a half. i have a lot of mood swings, depression, cloudiness, consentration, sleeping issues, mucle spasms, anxiety, chest pains, pain in my back- rip area...
  • margaretc42

Help I'm vibrating

Hello everyone, Im new here and I have been vibrating for 11 months everyday.  It started after a stressful event in my feet and then my legs and know I vibrate from my core as well Im not in any pain at all. I've been to several doctors and finally went to a functional medicine doctor who believes it to be lyme even though all my blood tests have come back negative.  She offered me antibotics...
  • mazeu

Hello I'm new

hello wonderful peoplei was bit by a tick and diagnosed by site of the ringed bite about a year ago. I thought since I was treated with antibiotics right away it wouldn't be an issue. Blood test at that time came back negative. I went to a naturopath after feeling some joint pain some months later who tested me and found that I had in fact built the antibodies for Lyme though my infection wasn't...
  • SpaceHorse

Pushed Antibiotics too hard?

I'm new to this group, I was diagnosed with lymes around two years ago, when I started college. Due to school work I've always been bad about compliance as stress compounding with herx related symptoms was tough. Anyway over the past month I was really good about all my antibiotics (doxy, pen) and probiotics. Last wednesday I ended up in the emergancy room with a what they thought was gallbladder...
  • deleted_user

colorado springs LLMD

Please let me know if there is an LLMD or a good pain management doc in colorado. I would like a rx for medicinal marijuana. I have lyme, fibro, neuropathy among other fun stuff that Lyme has caused.
  • Amadge

Support needed

Hello! I have just joined this group. This past November I was diagnosed with Rocky mountain spotted fever as well as Lyme. I started treatment right away with my PvP. After the month of high doses of doxycycline I had no improvement and was referred to a Lyme literate doctor who I continue to see. Who then found that I have babesia, M and C pneumoniae, high levels of yeast in my blood stream,...