Lyme Disease Support Group

Lyme disease is the most common vector-borne disease in the Northern Hemisphere. It is now one of the fastest growing infectious diseases in the U.S. Lyme disease is caused by infection with the Borrelia burgdorferi bacteria, and is primarily transmitted to humans as well as dogs, horses and other domesticated animals by the bite of infected ticks.

0 Online
  • Amberlite17

Losing my hair losing my mind!

Hi everyone! I’m new here so here’s a little about me. I’ve had Lyme for 4 years now and have gone through two oral antibiotics and a PIC line. I have not been on treatment for over 2 years, but feel I need to get back in to see a doctor. I have become disabled due to the memory loss that accompanies this disease. I should be living life up at 34, not forgetting everything like I’m an old...
  • artsysteph

Advice on Finding LLMD

I am new to this site, but I have every symptom of lyme disease and each day I get worse and worse. I went through 5 doctors already and they were no help so I made an appointment with an LLMD in PA, but my appointment isn't until June because that was the only open spot, it's just really hard to wait right now. I am new to all this but I was wondering if all LLMD's are this long of a wait or...
  • deleted_user

colorado springs LLMD

Please let me know if there is an LLMD or a good pain management doc in colorado. I would like a rx for medicinal marijuana. I have lyme, fibro, neuropathy among other fun stuff that Lyme has caused.
  • FeelingRough

New herx or is worsening of Lyme?

With more joints joining in the cacophony, including even my toes when I walk, and now my left shoulder too, should I assume Lyme is continuing to spread? Or is it a new herx 5 weeks in to massive antibiotc treatment? I should add that swimming, which is against the rules outlined in the "Hints" manual, may be working my joints more.Thanks everyone in advance. I'm really curious about why all...
  • TheWizard

Age 30, 14 yr Lymie and very alone

I'm a long time Lymie but new to this forumim just looking for support from people who get it. Anyone out there?
  • Lindee13

New Lyme warrior

Hi my name is Linda. I am 35 yrs old and just received my Lyme diagnosis even though I have had it 30 yrs. My health and quality of life has been decreasing very quickly in only the past 6 yrs. I was only correctly diagnosed by being my own advocate because it seems most m.d.s are clueless. So now I'm sitting here with my prescription of doxycycline but from what I read antibiotics don't really...
  • IntheEyeoftheStorm

Finding a Job with Lyme...

Hi All, I'm new on here and was wondering if you have any advice in regards to working with Lyme.I've been sick for over 3 years with Lyme/coinfections and toxic mold illness.Unfortunately, I became sick soon after college so I don't have a lot of experience.I took a Marketing position several months ago and quit because the commute was around an hour, and I felt incredibly mislead in terms of...
  • TickedoffTom

Hello to all Lyme Members

Hi, I am new here and I have Lyme disease. I'd like to talk with any and all Lyme patients that want to talk with me. Thanks!
  • Joyful

Please help...

I have been diagnose with mold and lyme disease for almost four years now. For the last three years, I have been driving three hours to see a  dr of integrative medicine who is using the Klinghardt protocol to treat my lyme and co infections. Fortunately, we have the mold under control. When all of this started, my only symptoms were nerve pain in my teeth and fullness in my left ear. That was...
  • robby85

Symptoms?

I'm new here so hi everyone!!!I had 2 negative tests for Lyme. My nightmare started in December with the following symptoms.Burning tongue, blurred vision, super red bloody eyes for 3 days, Both calves very painful 24/7 and weak, intense and severe burning in the entire body, tingling in the left side of my face, arms hands and feet, muscle spams in my whole body, muscle pain almost everywhere...
  • sarmstro22

So many questions...

Hey Everyone! I am writing with a few questions I have concerning Lyme.To give you a better understanding of where I am at, and where I am aiming to be, I will fill you in on some of my background.I am a 25 year old, who should be living a healthy active lifestyle. As many of you know - lyme takes its toll and often prevents that from happening. I have had typical Lyme symptoms for the past 15...
  • hope2care

Lyme support awareness Tees

Hi I designed these tees to help bring awareness to Lyme disease and to help support my treatment. Please take a look at my shop! Thankswww.shop.spreadshirt.com/hope2care
  • kes

confused

hello everyone, i was just diagnosed with lyme disease in  sept 2016, tested positive on first blood test, i went for emg in july 2016 and i have neuropathy, which is affecting the nerves and muscles. i have been very tired for last year and a half. i have a lot of mood swings, depression, cloudiness, consentration, sleeping issues, mucle spasms, anxiety, chest pains, pain in my back- rip area...
  • born2fish

New to board

I just started treatment for Lyme. Going to a LLMD and doing antibiotics and herbal treatment. A week in I'm having a herx reaction and I am very short tempered and easily frustrated. With joint pain numb hands and feet and muscle twitches. I'm assuming other people have felt like this. I was told it would be like this but I don't think I really believed it. 
  • clawrence

My Story and Support Group

I have suffered with Chronic Lyme Disease for 5 years now. I have had a huge improvement in my health and I want to share what worked for me and help anyone I can! I want to give hope and support for people at every stage and mindset of this sickness. I can also talk about what it's like to start improving and trying to rebuild a normal life and friendships again. Here is the link: My story and...