Lyme Disease Support Group

Lyme disease is the most common vector-borne disease in the Northern Hemisphere. It is now one of the fastest growing infectious diseases in the U.S. Lyme disease is caused by infection with the Borrelia burgdorferi bacteria, and is primarily transmitted to humans as well as dogs, horses and other domesticated animals by the bite of infected ticks.

0 Online
0 Online
  • catherinesotomayor

New here

I joined the CFS support group months ago and just this week got a positive Lyme Disease test result. My primary symptom (besides brain fog) is exhaustion. I have no idea when I got Lyme, but have experienced the exhaustion since late 2013 (I crashed). Since then the exhaustion has only gotten worse, forcing me to give up working (I was working toward licensure in mental health and getting my...
  • I was diagnosed with unilateral vocal cord paralysis last year, after at least 3 years of useless doctor visits for a chronic handicapping cough. But it wasn't until I finally did some of my own research, found a LLMD and got the Western Blot back, that my OWN diagnosis was confirmed -- the paralysis was from Lyme. Now I'm being treated for the Lyme (Doxy, Azithro, Plaquenil, diet) but have no...
  • jayman2016

Frustrated

Hello I am new around here. I was around about a year ago but forgot my password and email. It's been a long odessy, and I don't expect answers here I just frustrated and need to vet. In 2010 I had a sudden episode of nerve problems. It started with feeling like electric shocks going down the spine, followed by weakness, numbness, blurry vision, and muscle spasms. It last for a month or so. I had...
  • wheretheredwoodsgrow

Bartonella

I have read that Bartonella (not sure I spelled correctly) the sometimes Lyme co-infection can cause your feet to swell in the mornings. My son has been sick for a few weeks with a bad cold. For a few days his hands have been swelling first thing in the morning and one day his feet first thing in the morning. Does anyone know if Bartonella can make your hands swell as well? And does anyone know...
  • Hi all,I am seeing an MD who practices integrative medicine. He has diagnosed me with lyme + babesia via muscle testing. He can run lab tests, but my impression is they are unreliable. He believes that lyme/babesia are contributing to my autoimmune and psych issues and I will have the option of homeopathic treatment and/or low dose antibiotics once my autoimmune issues are better controlled. ...
  • lasers

need good advice

for some years now..say around 3...body has gave me hellbladder/bowels/near deaf in 1 ear/dizzys/vertigo and very bad c.f.s..i kept thinking it was fibro until i looked up lyme..to my horror i seen a photo that looked so much like a sore just above left wrist..that also around the same time i got all these problems...can someone tell me if this sounds like a sore from a tick...it was near round...
  • robby85

Symptoms?

I'm new here so hi everyone!!!I had 2 negative tests for Lyme. My nightmare started in December with the following symptoms.Burning tongue, blurred vision, super red bloody eyes for 3 days, Both calves very painful 24/7 and weak, intense and severe burning in the entire body, tingling in the left side of my face, arms hands and feet, muscle spams in my whole body, muscle pain almost everywhere...
  • I am new to this site, but I have every symptom of lyme disease and each day I get worse and worse. I went through 5 doctors already and they were no help so I made an appointment with an LLMD in PA, but my appointment isn't until June because that was the only open spot, it's just really hard to wait right now. I am new to all this but I was wondering if all LLMD's are this long of a wait or...
  • Dand7

Yay!

Today after 10 years I have been diagnosed with Lyme disease and Bartonella!I know I shouldn't be so happy but I'm sure you all know the feeling when you can finally put something to rest and start treatment!Any advice on extra herbs I should be taking?I'm currently on Azithromycin 250mg twice a day.ADPAnd Acidophilus 50 billion units.Thank you all and feel better !
  • klirones

Unusual symptoms

Hi. I am usually active on the meniere's group but my condition is deteriorating rapidly and I have some very unusual symptoms. I just read something posted here about an abnormal MRI which I have had for many years. The neurologists have said the spots are migraine scars but I don't have that many migraines. I also have hot and cold cycles that are present when the meniere's flares up and...
  • I found some lab work done by my rheumatologist a couple of years ago and he did the comprehensive Lyme panel. It was negative on all bands. There is a connection with Lymes and white matter disease of the brain and I have had white spots on my MRI that were a mystery to the radiologist and dismissed by two neurologists as "probable migraine scars". I found an in network neurologist who lists...
  • deleted_user

Pitting Edema

Does anyone ever experience pitting edema in their legs and ankles?
  • tracy1000

pharmacy for lyme

community pharmacy in salisbury, md specializes in lyme disease. hotline is 1-855-596-3797 workers have had or have lyme. stock lyme related products.
  • I found 3 doctors in NJ that are llmds.2 do not take insurance and the other is out of network.Anyone know how much their services will cost?Why do they not participate in insurance ?
  • Hello everyone! I'm new here. Over the last 8 years I have been experiencing many odd symptoms. I've been from Doctor to Doctor, test after test. Most recently my Neuro checked blood work from my PcP which showed I was positive for one band. He sent me for more blood work and it showed two bands. A few months later he sent me again and it's now showing three.He referred me in to infectious...