Hypothyroidism Support Group

Hypothyroidism is the disease state caused by insufficient production of thyrohormone by the thyroid gland. There are several distinct causes for chronic hypothyroidism, the most common being Hashimoto's thyroiditis and hypothyroidism following radioiodine therapy for hyperthyroidism. Advanced hypothyroidism may cause severe complications, the most serious one of which is myxedema.

1 Online
  • dawnrose0004

Can everyone say Hi??

Hi everyone!I have been missing the regular posts from people before they changed the format on the website. So I was wondering...can the regulars just give a quick hi??? I'love go first!!! Hi everybody!!!Dawn
  • HipHappy

Eltroxin vs Synthroid with T3

Now I went off all meds for 6 months due having an RT3 reading of 600. I then started Increasing my T3, and now my T4 is up to 100mcg, so Im taking 45mcg T3 and 100mcg T4. The Dr thinks due to me dumping a lot of drugs that were pounding my liver, I maybe able to convert T4 better now so Im looking to drop 15mcg T3 (can only get it in 15mcg capsules, which makes compliance at first hard).Now...
  • allmarie23

Hypothyroidism and coffee

Does anyone else have energy fluctuations after drinking coffee? Hi, It it nice to meet you all. I am new to the group and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in June of 2015. So being a coffee drinker for most of my life, I noticed that I am no longer able to tolerate it as good I used to. My heart starts beating fast which results in my energy level depleting and I have to rest while my energy...
  • bhappie

disability and hypothyroid

I have not responded to meds since my entire thyroid was removed eight yrs ago. Its made my life a living hell! hypo effects your entire body and its killed any chance ive had at a real life for me and my son. Not that being a struggling single parent is bad enough my health is absoulutely horrible. i try to work and it will last about two months and im near death..... really hoping i can find...
  • grandmama1

Anyone here?

just wondering if anyone still uses this message board? Seems it s pretty dead lately, or has everyone moved to another board? 
  • I've been reading the Recovering with T3 blog. The below link leads to a post which states that the benefits of T3 may only be temporary for some people. Adding the T3 may cause a decrease in T4-T3 conversion in their body. After a few weeks they will find they begin start feeling bad again. They increase the T3 dose, feel better for a short time, and then degrade again.Has anybody here...
  • fallingleaves

Sinus problems?

I've been having awful sinus problems for the last 6 weeks.It just wont clear up.I was reading online and read that sinus problems can be connected to thyroid problems.Wow! i didnt know that! I'm not sure how that is connected,but it could be.Anyone else a chronic sinus sufferer? have any tips for chronic inflamation?
  • spot

what is wrong with me!

I was diagnosed with hypothryroidism after being very tired and having all my bodily systems slow down to a near stop. I asked for blood test and had been told about 3 years ago i have something growing in my thyroid which is right around the time I started gaining weight and all this other weird stuff started to happen. I can be sitting here one minute and fall into a dream like state the next...
  • ThusFar

Air Hunger question

I have had SOB on exertion and gasping at night for 10 months.  I was recently diagnosed hypothyroid and have learned about the breathing problems associated with that.  I've been on 75mcg ofLevothyrosine for 12 days and am hopeful I will finally get some relief.  I am hoping my treatment isn't as complicated as what I am reading it has been for so many people.  I would like to know if anyof...
  • Hi everyone..been away for awhile suffering with depression over the last year or so..now am back on Cipralex and doing better..However my latest blood test results are available and I see the doctor tomorrow..maybe someone can advise what I should discuss with the doctor..My TSH was 4.10    range between .30-5.60 mlU/LFree T3   4.0     range between 2.9-60 pmol/LFree T4  12.5    range...
  • red102167msncom

Thyroid scan results

My sonogram results: Any input? Still new to all of thisThanksFINDINGS:The thyroid gland is heterogeneous in echotexture with prominent vascularity.The right lobe of the thyroid gland measures 3.9 x 1.2 x 1.5 cm. The left lobe of the thyroid gland measures 4.1 x 1.3 x 1.6 cm. The isthmus measures 0.3 centimeters.RIGHT LOBE:Nodule 1: In the right lower pole thyroid, there is a relatively...
  • ralpert

Hypothyroidism and Medicare

Can anyone advise me on Medicare coverage of thyroid blood tests? I have an aunt who was diagnosed about 8 mths ago and she hasn't had any further blood tests. She is convinced Medicare will only cover one test per year. I've been trying to find online information but am just finding generic maintenance testing info.Would she be able to do more frequent testing in order to optimize and be assured...
  • SB1111

Labs Help

Hi everyone, Was hoping you could help with interpreting my labs. Was treated for subclinial hypothyrodism in the past. I am always cold and have fatigue. Thank you in advance!T3 Total - 80 (71 in February 2016)TSH .75 (February 2016 1.25)T4 Free 1.1 (same as Feb 2016)
  • Hi everyoneThis group is moving slow but thought i'd say hi.Ive been freezing cold,like teeth chattering cold and than so hot.My body temperature is fluctuating wildly.I am way past menopause and the hot flashes for that stopped years ago.I'm guessing its my thyroid..Next week I go for my annual ultrasound to see what the nodules are doing.i'm hoping and praying nothing is too big ,as I dont want...
  • DeeP

Also new, Hashimoto's

Hi everyone! I was recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's after almost a decade of suspecting I had a thyroid problem. Every time I went to see my primary care provider to get labs done, the tests came back "normal". So I started to think I was bipolar bc of the nasty mood swings. A few months ago, the test with the regular labs showed my thyroid overfunctioning and during my visit to the...