Hypothyroidism Support Group

Hypothyroidism is the disease state caused by insufficient production of thyrohormone by the thyroid gland. There are several distinct causes for chronic hypothyroidism, the most common being Hashimoto's thyroiditis and hypothyroidism following radioiodine therapy for hyperthyroidism. Advanced hypothyroidism may cause severe complications, the most serious one of which is myxedema.

0 Online
0 Online
  • I've been reading the Recovering with T3 blog. The below link leads to a post which states that the benefits of T3 may only be temporary for some people. Adding the T3 may cause a decrease in T4-T3 conversion in their body. After a few weeks they will find they begin start feeling bad again. They increase the T3 dose, feel better for a short time, and then degrade again.Has anybody here...
  • heatherm

New to Group: Hashimoto

Hi. I have been reading links posted here and am seeing that my Hashimotos Disease is likely the culprit of my years of battling depression, anxiety, and mood changes. I have been prioritizing my mood meds since I cant stand feeling "crazy". I skip my thyroid meds often just because I didnt really get the connection. Yes, the hair, nails, skin, and fatigue. But mental?? Oh my goodness. To think...
  • bm63

Would this be enough proof

https://www.aacc.org/~/media/practice-guidelines/thyroid-disease/thyroidarchived2010.pdf?la=en on page 40 at the top in the box it says Ft4 must be in the upper part of the range. I am thinking about getting a copy and give it to my daughters not so savy doctor
  • bm63

Hate doctors

I have been trying to get a doctor to start my daughter on thyroid meds but no luck. Her TSH is 3.69....Ft4 is 1.11 in a range of .93 to 1.70. All three docs thinks that is fine and they wont listen to me. She is going to get her own meds. Feeling sorry for all the people that are suffering because the doctor is not educated on thyroid, or they dont give a crap or keep us sick so they can make...
  • ralpert

Nearly 3 wks on Cytomel...

The transformation is amazing. I feel better and better every day. I didn't realize how much of my flexibility and balance I had lost. I'm getting it all back along with my strength and stamina. Even my eyesight is sharper. This morning I felt so good that I went for a walk through my neighborhood. There is a 1 mile loop that I haven't been able to do for years. Today I went around twice. I feel...
  • 2magicman

Doctor said

I was at the doctor on Saturday for lab on my thyroid. He told me that I have to loos some weight and watch my carb intake. Dose anyone now how to eat low carb and or what should I avoid. Thanks.Scott
  • Recent

First dose.

Hi everyone. I was just diagnosed with graves. They have me on methimazole and metoprolol. About to take first dose. Wondering what to expect. If anyone could hepbthat would be great. Thanks!
  • marfar2311

Hypothyroid and Vertigo

I've been experiencing vertigo in various levels of discomfort for the last week and a half. I've also experienced anxiety, exhaustion, confusion, weakness, and excessive hunger. After doing blood work my doctor told me that my thyroid level is slightly elevated. This is no surprise at hypothyroidism runs in my family. She said it is not elevated enough to treat just yet. Are these common...
  • While on armour my ft4 levels have dropped below normal. It was .73 but my new endo says this is ok when taking armour. She said its common that ft4 is decreased when taking armour because it has more ft3. My tsh was normal and so was my ft3. Is it ok that my ft4 be this low? I am worried and frustrated
  • I've been on Synthroid for a couple years and have slowly increased to 75 mcg. My TSH has been low and my T4 has been high, but I still feel horrible. My last labs for T3 showed me at 2.5 (range 2.3-4.2) so I think this is too low for me.Today I saw my nurse practitioner to see if I could add Cytomel. Sadly, she didn't even know that replacement T3 exists but thankfully she was happy to start me...
  • dawnrose0004

Raise Levo, lower Armour?

Hi,Quick question...I am currently taking Levo 50mcg and Armour 90mg. My problem is I "feel" the 13.5mcg of the Armour, mostly when I workout. I was thinking about switching to Levo 75mcg and Armour 60mg. Total T4 in Levo 50 + Armour 90= 107mgTotal T3 in Armour 90= 13.5mcg(plus anything I convert from Levo)Total T4 in Levo 75 + Armour 60= 113mcgTotal T3 in Armour 60= 9mcgI do feel good on my...
  • MButterfly

Study recommends TSH of 2 or below

"The researchers found that as TSH level elevated, so did homocysteine and CRP levels, with the highest levels seen in Group 3 patients. Elevated homocysteine is a risk factor for heart disease, and elevated CRP is additionally a marker for inflammation. No statistically significant differences were noticed in respect to fibrinogen and d-dimer levels between three groups. There was some...
  • Kinetic

Link between hypothyroidism and anxiety?

Hi everyone, I'm new here and am looking for support. I'm a 34-year-old male, married with four children. I had my thyroid removed in January of this year due to Hashimoto's and papillary carcinoma. It's been a real struggle to stabilize my levels as I wasn't responding to levothyroxine at first. My TSH shot into the mid-70's at one point. I got put on 174mcg and it finally brought my TSH down to...
  • franda123

Adding a new med.

Hi Everyone,I am presently taking Armour thyroid 120 and Levoxyl 50. My doc would like me to try and add in 1.25 of Cytomel and then tytrate up from there. Does anyone have any experience with this drug and or the combo. I still am having symptoms and my reverse t3 is prett high consistently. He believes the addition of this drug may counter the reverse. Results are the followingFT4 Range...
  • I saw my endocrinologist today and was shown the results of my thyroid ultrasound. It showed a really tiny nodule at the top of my thyroid and on the left an area with several different sized cysts. My endocrinologist said they are small but we would monitor them. I have another thyroid ultrasound in six months. Have anyone else had experience with this?