Hypothyroidism Support Group

Hypothyroidism is the disease state caused by insufficient production of thyrohormone by the thyroid gland. There are several distinct causes for chronic hypothyroidism, the most common being Hashimoto's thyroiditis and hypothyroidism following radioiodine therapy for hyperthyroidism. Advanced hypothyroidism may cause severe complications, the most serious one of which is myxedema.

0 Online
0 Online
  • While on armour my ft4 levels have dropped below normal. It was .73 but my new endo says this is ok when taking armour. She said its common that ft4 is decreased when taking armour because it has more ft3. My tsh was normal and so was my ft3. Is it ok that my ft4 be this low? I am worried and frustrated
  • I've been experiencing vertigo in various levels of discomfort for the last week and a half. I've also experienced anxiety, exhaustion, confusion, weakness, and excessive hunger. After doing blood work my doctor told me that my thyroid level is slightly elevated. This is no surprise at hypothyroidism runs in my family. She said it is not elevated enough to treat just yet. Are these common...
  • Hi everyone, I'm new here and am looking for support. I'm a 34-year-old male, married with four children. I had my thyroid removed in January of this year due to Hashimoto's and papillary carcinoma. It's been a real struggle to stabilize my levels as I wasn't responding to levothyroxine at first. My TSH shot into the mid-70's at one point. I got put on 174mcg and it finally brought my TSH down to...
  • Hi,Quick question...I am currently taking Levo 50mcg and Armour 90mg. My problem is I "feel" the 13.5mcg of the Armour, mostly when I workout. I was thinking about switching to Levo 75mcg and Armour 60mg. Total T4 in Levo 50 + Armour 90= 107mgTotal T3 in Armour 90= 13.5mcg(plus anything I convert from Levo)Total T4 in Levo 75 + Armour 60= 113mcgTotal T3 in Armour 60= 9mcgI do feel good on my...
  • franda123

Adding a new med.

Hi Everyone,I am presently taking Armour thyroid 120 and Levoxyl 50. My doc would like me to try and add in 1.25 of Cytomel and then tytrate up from there. Does anyone have any experience with this drug and or the combo. I still am having symptoms and my reverse t3 is prett high consistently. He believes the addition of this drug may counter the reverse. Results are the followingFT4 Range...
  • I saw my endocrinologist today and was shown the results of my thyroid ultrasound. It showed a really tiny nodule at the top of my thyroid and on the left an area with several different sized cysts. My endocrinologist said they are small but we would monitor them. I have another thyroid ultrasound in six months. Have anyone else had experience with this?
  • red102167msncom

New Lab results

Any input? Still new to me. Doc said everything is fineThanksLab Test Results thyroxine (t4) free, direct, s Test Low Normal High Reference Range Units t4,free(direct) 1.07 0.82-1.77 ng/dL tsh Test Low Normal High Reference Range Units tsh 3.160 0.450-4.500 uIU/mL cbc with differential/platelet Test Low Normal High Reference Range Units...
  • kg1130

cytomel

I havebeen taking synthroid .175 for years now. I was feeling bad and having fatty liver issues, fatigue andjust blah. Asked for armour and doctor gave it to me along with synthroid. That didnt work, I felt crazy so I asked if I coild try cytomel instead along with synthroid, I feel the energy when I take cytomel. I am bettermentally but physically I still feel bad. I had mybloodwork done and...
  • My sonogram results: Any input? Still new to all of thisThanksFINDINGS:The thyroid gland is heterogeneous in echotexture with prominent vascularity.The right lobe of the thyroid gland measures 3.9 x 1.2 x 1.5 cm. The left lobe of the thyroid gland measures 4.1 x 1.3 x 1.6 cm. The isthmus measures 0.3 centimeters.RIGHT LOBE:Nodule 1: In the right lower pole thyroid, there is a relatively...
  • For those who have waited: my doc seems to think I have subacute thyroiditis. Of course, I went referenceing and got confused and scared. There are different types. I still am feeling lousy and am now running a small fever. This is supposed to be a transient thing...6-8 weeks of the hyper stage and then 2-4 months of the hypo stage (which I am used to...have been for 20...
  • JRZgirltw

new to dx ,

I am new to dx, and i swing from hyper to hypo i belong to a wounderful group on face book group it helped me alot finding my dx and my drs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/FTWOHashimoto/ .
  • I need help of any kind, please; I'm seeing my doctors on tomorrow(Monday) and I'd like to ask the right questions so as to get a right answer, or two, or more, about what I can do for my hair loss due to Hypothyroidism. I would like to ask this 'doctor' precisely worded phrases as I don't like him overall, but he does know his limits, awhhhhhhhh, blow out the candle ~ an honest man. He always...
  • cute1

New Labs! HELP!!!

T3 115 range 76-181TSH .015 .49-4.70Total T4 11.6 4.50-12.00 free T4 1,57 .71-1.85I am currently on Synthroid 125 and Cytomel 10I have joint pain and weight gain plus I am going through menopauseMY BP is 120 over 80Problem, I gained 40 over the last few years and they say my T3 is ok and some say...
  • red102167msncom

Painful Knees

Does anyone have pain in their knees? It wakes me most nights and has brought me to tears.
  • heatherm

New to Group: Hashimoto

Hi. I have been reading links posted here and am seeing that my Hashimotos Disease is likely the culprit of my years of battling depression, anxiety, and mood changes. I have been prioritizing my mood meds since I cant stand feeling "crazy". I skip my thyroid meds often just because I didnt really get the connection. Yes, the hair, nails, skin, and fatigue. But mental?? Oh my goodness. To think...