Hypothyroidism Support Group

Hypothyroidism is the disease state caused by insufficient production of thyrohormone by the thyroid gland. There are several distinct causes for chronic hypothyroidism, the most common being Hashimoto's thyroiditis and hypothyroidism following radioiodine therapy for hyperthyroidism. Advanced hypothyroidism may cause severe complications, the most serious one of which is myxedema.

0 Online
  • https://www.holtorfmed.com/13-numbers-health-need-know/
  • ralpert

Close to losing my job

I was put on T4 about 4 yrs ago and added T3 about 1 yr ago. T4 did very little to alleviate many symptoms, but T3 has improved my quality of life by 1000%. The problem is, I continue to have memory problems and am having a lot of trouble at work with errors which cost my company money.One bit of information I've gleaned through my self-education is that T3 carries oxygen from the blood stream...
  • energylost

Sharing Website

www.nahypothyroidism.org/when-thyroid-patients-need-more-sleep/I Found this today so I thought I would share.  I hope this is helpful to others.
  • Salma

TSH 0.28 plz help

HiI have kind of strange thyroid labs. My TSH is 0.28 free T4 is 0.87 free T3 is 2.64.I've mix of unusual relatively excessive swelling and at the same time i've obvious cold intolerance that is so strange for me. Any help please?
  • Simpson09

Hypo Symptoms

HelloI have nevered research any medical topics online but I have to search out knowleagable people who are living with this illness for question,my husband was diagnosedwith hypothyroidism 5 weeks ago and was put on 0.05mg of levothyroxine, his doctor said he have to start at a small dose take another blood test in 6 weeks and maybe increase. My husband was first diagnosed as depressed,which I...
  • sydneylynne

21 with Hypothyroid

I am 21 years old and have had hypothyroidism since I was 8.  It never really affected my life until I got to college; but now I feel sluggish, can't concentrate, have thinning hair and nails, have a terrible memory, and have recently had episodes of anxiety and depression.  I've also battled with anemia for the better portion of 6 years. Does anyone have any advice for a young hypothyroid...
  • loopy12

thyroid

i have had an underactive thyroid for just over a year now, im only 21 but recentlytook myself off the medication. my levels are still fine but the symptoms have returned. i didnt like the way i felt on them should i start taking them again or just see what blood test results state? 
  • cute1

New Labs

Here are my new labs currently on 125 Synthroid and 10 Cytomel T4 total 7.91 range 6.1-12.2 Free T3 3.6 range 2.3-4.2 TSH .034 range .340-.4.410  Low free T4 1.20 range 0.9-1.6 She wants to lower the Synthroid to 112mg and leave the Cytomel at 10 What do you think?my other doctor wanted to raise me to 137 synthroid and take away cytomel! 
  • Rocketride

Hypo advice needed

In March 2017 my TSH was 4.0.  In May, 2017 I discovered my TSH was 8.7.  This was the first time my TSH level had been abnormal. I was prescribed Levothyroxine 88mcg.  Now (July 2017) my TSH is 1.95. I am concerned that to continue the medication will drive into the hyper range. The medication gives me severe side effects.  Should I just start taking half the dose and retest in a few weeks?...
  • cd3764

MiraLAX?

Hi folks!My better half and I were told to take MiraLAX and Dulcolax as part of the prep for our colonoscopies.Someone on the Graves' forum just shared this:http://www.gutsense.org/gutsense/the-role-of-miralax-laxative-in-autism-dementia-alzheimer.htmlNot only did the article give me pause but, reading around on the site gave me pause about colonoscopies in general.I think I'm going to be doing...
  • Nina1959

Fingerprints

. This came up in another of my posts of the Chronic Fatigue group..How many of you have fingerprints that are almost non existent at this point?If so, how long since DX with Hashis?.Curious if the phenomenon is autoimmune in origin.I was dx with Hashis about 10 yrs ago.Thanks
  • ElleS22

Not at Therapeutic Levels

Hello, is anyone else on Synthroid 25mg? My local Endocrinologist refuses to test my T3's as well as raise my dosage. Ugh, it's made a small difference, however I'm still not feeling well. Just curious if anyone is on as low a dose as me? It makes no sense which is why I'm sending my medical records to Boston. Mass General Hospital A+++ care! It's ridiculous to me how doctors take this with a...
  • cute1

New Labs! HELP!!!

T3  115               range 76-181TSH  .015                            .49-4.70Total T4  11.6                     4.50-12.00 free T4   1,57                              .71-1.85I am currently on Synthroid 125 and Cytomel 10I have joint pain and weight gain plus I am going through menopauseMY BP is 120 over 80Problem, I gained 40 over the last few...
  • angiekrihajaes

Started NP Thyroid and having anxiety attacks

Hi everyone,I just started thyroid meds, taking 30mg NP thyroid. I've had what feels like anxiety attacks/heart palps most of the day. Is this just my body getting used to the hormones? Should I start at a lower dose for a while?I appreciate any help anyone provides! Thanks!
  • kklim

Where to buy T3 online?

Hi folks. Can someone point me to websites where I can buy T3? Was diagnosed last August but have had the symptoms for several years. My endo manages TSH levels, not symptoms, and it's diff to switch to another one (insurance, etc)Tried extra virgin coconut oil and just started on selenium and awashghanda. On 37.5mg T4 daily. No longer get leg cramps and pins and needles in fingertips are less...