Hypothyroidism Support Group

Hypothyroidism is the disease state caused by insufficient production of thyrohormone by the thyroid gland. There are several distinct causes for chronic hypothyroidism, the most common being Hashimoto's thyroiditis and hypothyroidism following radioiodine therapy for hyperthyroidism. Advanced hypothyroidism may cause severe complications, the most serious one of which is myxedema.

2 Online
2 Online
  • sonnycamehome

Stress

Hi All,As you know I am new to my Hypothyroid Diagnosis....I am wondering what the impact of stress is on the thyroid and if stress can cause an episode or need for a med adjustment.Thanks in advance!
  • red102167msncom

Painful Knees

Does anyone have pain in their knees? It wakes me most nights and has brought me to tears.
  • Barbell

Nature Throid & Armour

Since the owners of Armour has sold out to Allergan they have increased the cash price of Armour 4X.Has anyone used Nature Throid ? The T4 and T3 levels are exactly the same as Armou--(I called RLC makers of Nature Throid) just different fillers.I have to change drs (again) my current dr is so uneducated and a contoller---he will not prescribe Nature Throid....it has been out there for over 75...
  • red102167msncom

New Lab results

HelloI just got my new test results. Any input? I still feel crappy :( I am on levothyroxine 1.25 mg. My dr. told me to take vitamin D and see my gyno. and discuss hormone therapy. Very helpful :( I am having a lot of pain in my knees lately. I end of having to take hydrocodone so I can sleep. Can't keep doing this. I mentioned natural hormone to my endo she told me that she doesn't...
  • I saw my endocrinologist today and was shown the results of my thyroid ultrasound. It showed a really tiny nodule at the top of my thyroid and on the left an area with several different sized cysts. My endocrinologist said they are small but we would monitor them. I have another thyroid ultrasound in six months. Have anyone else had experience with this?
  • Well, things were going pretty well there for a while. My numbers were up and I was managing fairly well. Then BAM - low thyroid numbers. UGH. Need an increase.I honestly thought I had something more serious as I had forgotten just how badly hypothyroidism can make one feel (though I do not know how).My numbers slipped below 75% of range, and I had all the usual symptoms: hair loss coming out by...
  • sonnycamehome

New To Group

Hi,I've just recently been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. I was wondering if anyone experienced severe fatigue and an inability to stay awake while going through the process of getting the right dose of thryoid medicine?Thanks!
  • Hi, I hope this is allowed. I am at my wits end. Today was the worst day ever. I work for someone who has been diagnosed with Hashimotos but has refused any treatment so far. It is a super small office, so not a lot of people see the side of her I see on a daily basis. She's always had anxiety issues, but lately she's having manic espisodes that are frightening to me. There is no talking to...
  • Any reason that "they" used the leaves of barfberry trees?????
  • sovgrateful

Argghh!!

I HATE this new format..I don't even know how to leave a regular message..just let's me post a discussion??
  • At first glance, I am jealous..... But am I imagining that she is not perhaps in optimal range? And what is Thyroglobulin Antibody....
  • My endorphins are so low. It was originally used for atuo immune conditions. But from what I can make out it can help balance endorphins and dopamine.
  • eyesofblu

have you ever ---

it seems my thyroid "screws" the so many things --- so tell me --- has anyone ever gotten rashes?the past few days i have one - itchy and "cottage cheese" like in texture. woke up this morning with it all over -- i went to the doc today --- stumped them - lol. they figure it's due to stress, dehydration and dry skin. they gave me prednisone --- so far all it is doing is making me queasy.so -...
  • red102167msncom

adrenal Testing

Labs came back any input?Cortisol 9.9ACTH, Plasma 49.6Thanks Michelle
  • Dr. John C. Lowe was a credit to his field, and on the forefront of hypothyroidism and the epidemic created by the dreaded TSH test. Did you know that many, many people (mostly women) are sent to pain clinics and pumped full of drugs to alleviate pain that is often due to under-treated or undiagnosed thyroid disease?I'm not saying Fibromyalgia/Frozen Shoulder/ and other myofacial pain/stiffness...