HPV Support Group

Human papillomavirus is a diverse group of DNA-based viruses that infect the skin and mucous membranes of humans. More than 100 different human papillomavirus (HPV) types have been characterized. Some HPV types cause benign skin warts, or papillomas, for which the virus family is named. HPVs associated with the development of such "common warts" are transmitted environmentally or by casual skin-to-skin contact.

0 Online
  • purplecat

HPV and want to date

Hi - I've had HPV since I was 19yrs old.  I'm now 46, very pretty, successful and grounded.  Currently, I'm scheduled to have laser treatment on my vulva (which this is something new for me now) and then a few months down the road I have to have a full abdominal hysterectomy b/c my there's nothing really left of my cervix and I have CIN I.  Over the years I've had serveral surgies (cryo, 2...
  • sr75714

Aldara during the day

hey guys, I'm 20 years old and I've had a genital wart for about a year. However, I recently went to my gyno for a check up and I told her about it and she prescribed aldara. I've been using it for 4 weeks now and I've seen more pop up. I was just wondering if any of you have tried using aldara during the day time instead of applying it during the night and if it's work 
  • anon12345

Internal anal warts

Ok freaking out here and looking for anyone who has similar experience.i had small anal warts pop up back in February. I'm married and have always had normal paps. My doctor said that it could have been because my immune system was down all winter (which it really was).anyways... I accepted the bad news and got them frozen off and used Aldara. I currently have no warts on the outside. However......
  • woodley123

HPV - a positive story

Hi. I noticed some lumps on the entrance to my vagina last June when rubbing in some canesten as I thought I had thrush. After googling images relentlessly I was devastated and humiliated and believed I would never have a normal relationship again and it is something that would curse me for the rest of my life. Finally after opening up to my mum that I thought I had warts she took me to a walk in...
  • deleted_user

Papillex - Another Good Supplement???

http://www.papillex.com/ing_res.phpHas anyone tried this supplement?? I'm thinking about trying it out - just want to hear about everyone elses thoughts!! :)
  • WorriedMale

Doctor just found a GW

I have several questions within this post.Yesterday I was perspribed with a topical medicine to what the doctor believes is a GW. I am freaking out a little and have done some research. I have found that I could have been carrying HPV for a while and due to my recent stress/anxiety this GW break out may have been triggered. I have basically only been in long term relationships other than a few...
  • questionsnoanswers

Internal Anal Warts & No Answers

Hi, I was diagnosed with HPV almost a year ago and thought it was over with in September of 2015, however, about three months ago I discovered a couple bumps inside my anus - I'm sure you know what's back. Lucky me. My doc and I actually think they were always there, we just never saw them before. Anyways, she said that next week if things aren't resolved (which I know they won't be) she's going...
  • Ineedinfo

New to HPV, I could use some answers ASAP

I just found out I have genital warts. My doctor never answers any of my questions and in all my research I keep finding contradicting information. If anybody could give me some answers they've actually gotten from their doctors or from personal experience instead of just things found online that would be great! Is it forever but just gets suppressed and no longer contagious? Does stress really...
  • kif

Genital warts in men

I have noticed an abnormal bumps around the anal opening last few weeks and I decided to ignore. So, one day I finally decided to go for check-up. And sadly, I felt so stressed out and down as the doctor said i was infected with HPV; genital warts. I was so sad and starting to hate myself. I felt dirty. The doctor applied some topical and It burnt like really bad. I couldn't wash it for 6hours!...
  • Nrv

GW not diagnosed or treated for 17 years

When I was about 17 (now 34) I noticed I had broken out with GW but at time didn't know what they were. Is it true you can get it from sex at an early age? Will it appear after even 10 years if the HPV is in you? I did get a huge wart on my inner index finger which was removed by freezing (left a nasty scar). I was too embrassed at the doctor's to admit I had GW.Is it unhealthy to have GW for...
  • Hangnon

Delayed GW

So I was diagnosed with hpv a long time ago. Between the age of 19 and 22 I believe. I had abnormal paps for about 2 consecutive years and then things cleared up. I met my husband in 08 and married in 09 and have been monogamous since we got together. And I absolutely trust that he has been faithful. I went to the doctors last week and was shocked to hear that I was experiencing GW. The Dr....
  • tt1997

Hpv

i just learned I have either HPV or molluscum. There's a possibility I have given it to my girlfriend but I'm not sure yet. My question for people who have been through this is if she is healthy, should I leave her so that she will not get it from me? Will I ever be healthy again? And is it possible that if she does have it, that we could have healthy children down the road? 
  • VanG

HPV and Dating

I found out I have high risk HPV about 4 years ago. I found a little bump by my anus and then it spread like wildfire. I went to the sex clinic and I receive treatments with liquid nitrogen (cryotherapy) almost weekly for about 1year. It didn't seem to work at all and that's when my doctor's decided to send me to a dermatologist. I was told my warts are the kind that leads to cancer and there is...
  • heatherly18

I REALLY NEED HELP!

I just recently found out that I have GW! I am 22 gonna be 23 soon. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do I'm in the beginning stages of it. All I can think about is what am I gonna do if the warts pop up on my face. I don't know how to take this in or how to deal with it. I don't have anyone I can talk to about this so it's really hard to keep all this in. 
  • TheOneWithQuestions

Can't Cope With Genital Warts

My life is over, I have genital warts. No one is ever going to date me again. I will never have a boyfriend. I will be single forever. There is no point in carrying on...I had them three years ago and it cleared up but I could still pass the infection on and there is no way of testing if it is still in my system or not.I am vile and repulsive and disgusting for having this.This is horrible, I...