HPV Support Group

Human papillomavirus is a diverse group of DNA-based viruses that infect the skin and mucous membranes of humans. More than 100 different human papillomavirus (HPV) types have been characterized. Some HPV types cause benign skin warts, or papillomas, for which the virus family is named. HPVs associated with the development of such "common warts" are transmitted environmentally or by casual skin-to-skin contact.

0 Online
  • hopeful4567

Genital Warts and Marijuana

Hey dailystrength people,I'm new to this forum:I have had genital warts for about 4 months now. IT SUCKS. But what sucks about it even more is that I can't even smoke marijuana to help me cope with it all! Every time I smoke marijuana My genitals get itchy all over and the next day I notice more growths.I have been keeping my immune system healthy, I smoke maybe once a month now in which I do not...
  • Allison8585

HPV Question - Please help

About a year and a half ago, my Pap smear came back abnormal as well as detection of HPV. I had no evidence of warts, and was sent for a colposcopy soon after.  The results of that came back negative for pre-cancerous cells. Last week I had another Pap/hpv screen done and the Pap came back normal and hpv was undetected. What does this mean exactly, am I rid of the virus? And with these...
  • LiamQ

Genital Warts Tea Tree Oil

Has anyone tried tea tree oil on genital warts ? If so how were the results ? 
  • xolovelyonexo

19 Newly Diagnosed

My doctor literally just called me a hour ago stating that my papsmear results came back abnormal and that it's HPV, I'm 19 years old, haven't had sex in a year, I've had cervical exams before and no one said anything? I'm in college, wanting to be a teacher, is my life over? My doctor said she will set up an appointment with an OBGYN. Any advice? Will I have a normal life?
  • Taustin2

I was diagnosed three years ago But....

Has my HPV cleared?I have just found what I think is wart its not clear ,but I can fell how big it is but I cant see that its that big.Please help.
  • Pretzel13

My millennial friends

I'm 47 yrs old single mom working full time and I'm in sandwich generation which means I'm taking of my child and elderly father. On my days off I'm always doing fun stuff with my family and friends. Yes,  I'm a busy woman finding a time slot for dating it's a a lot of work lol. It's my personal choice not to get involved with someone. If Gods will if I meet someone that I can't resist and we...
  • Hopeforthehopeless

Angry and resentful my neverending hpv story

When I first noticed the 2-3 uncomfortable and itchy bumps I went to my gynecologist whom I was seeing for the process of having an opherectomy.  I asked her to look at them during one of my preoperative appointments. She told me they were just skin tags and not to worry about them until after the surgery. In the meantime, thinking they were just skin tags, I had purchased a homeopathic remedy...
  • Eslcedo

Hpv and me

I'm trying to cope with this, but its really rough. Feeling like all hope is lost And feeling like love will never find its way to me. Growing up i always had a hard time approaching women, fearing i wasnt good enough, handsome enough, or even remotely charming. Hpv hasnt runined my life but it definitely has made it alot more difficult to look for that special bond. just hoping i can find...
  • AngelBuds

Questions: A journey with HPV

At age 17 a wart showed up.  Mortified, I went to doctor where I was told it was a wart.  She may have said more, but all I remember is being scared and the word wart.  I thought once she burned it off, I was fine.  But at one point she said I would have warts forever.  I had no idea what HPV was.  So I called it 'genital warts' and that is what I told partners I had one time and thought I...
  • clover2

Scars from acid treatment & how to tell someone

Fair warning- this might be long but I GENUINELY could use advice! I'm a 21 year old female. Last December I was diagnosed and treated for genital warts. Only two or three. I contracted it from someone I was engaged to and dated for 5 years. We are no longer together and there is a possibility I might become sexually active again soon. Since then I have been treated three times with acid (each...
  • kif

Genital warts in men

I have noticed an abnormal bumps around the anal opening last few weeks and I decided to ignore. So, one day I finally decided to go for check-up. And sadly, I felt so stressed out and down as the doctor said i was infected with HPV; genital warts. I was so sad and starting to hate myself. I felt dirty. The doctor applied some topical and It burnt like really bad. I couldn't wash it for 6hours!...
  • anon12345

Internal anal warts

Ok freaking out here and looking for anyone who has similar experience.i had small anal warts pop up back in February. I'm married and have always had normal paps. My doctor said that it could have been because my immune system was down all winter (which it really was).anyways... I accepted the bad news and got them frozen off and used Aldara. I currently have no warts on the outside. However......
  • oistnmm

Seeking for Advice and to talk to PLEASE read

It took 5 months before any symptoms had popped up. I was with this guy who was just a "sex buddy" and we stopped having sex in dec. And as of Jan I had gotten a test for typical stis and stds just to be sure but nothing came up. Well I ended up meeting a guy that I knew years ago from school and we hit it off. We are together as of now, well I had these bumps (gential warts) that started and I...
  • Explorer25

My HPV story: anal warts, dysplasia, and surgery

Hello everyone.  This is my HPV story. I’m sharing it to help anyone else that may be going through their own diagnosis of HPV—especially anyone who has anal warts, anal dysplasia, and may be considering surgery. I am a 25-year-old gay male. In July 2016 I started developing anal warts. By October I had as many as 4 or 5 external/internal warts. By the end of December, I was wart free—my...
  • deleted_user

Apple Cider Vinegar for Genital Warts

Well, I have been doing this for 2 days. I am just soaking cotton balls and shoving them in...lol...I also have been putting a pad on, to catch any leaks or over excess from the cotton, so that I don't get vinegar all over my chair. I only leave it on for about 2 hours at a time. It may take me longer to get rid of them this way, but I am extremely sensitive. I don't see how anyone could do it as...