HPV Support Group

Human papillomavirus is a diverse group of DNA-based viruses that infect the skin and mucous membranes of humans. More than 100 different human papillomavirus (HPV) types have been characterized. Some HPV types cause benign skin warts, or papillomas, for which the virus family is named. HPVs associated with the development of such "common warts" are transmitted environmentally or by casual skin-to-skin contact.

0 Online
0 Online
  • thewriter

My Treatment Thread

I was diagnosed with genital warts about a month ago. I had uncontrollable itching in my vaginal area, and one day I felt around my vagina only to come across some swollen patches of skin. I don't really know how to describe what my warts look like. But I knew when I saw them that they had to be some STD. I thought they were herpes. The doctor looked and said they didn't look like herpes. I was...
  • Hello, I am fairly new to daily strength and I am bit unsure as to what to expect from an online forum like this. But I have a bunch of questions, I figured I’d throw them all out there and see if I can get any answers.... any info is appreciated. I notice there is not much current activity on this site and when I look back at previous posts I see many deleted or accounts that are long...
  • hi, i am a 29 year old woman and recently discovered that i have anal/ genital warts--though i've never had anal sex (i know this doesn't matter and it can happen anyway).i've had the strain of HPV that causes cancer since i was 23 years old. it has caused cervical dysplasia, which i've treated, and the HPV sometimes shows up on pap smears and sometimes doesn't, depending on how healthy i am at...
  • Hello all,I'm new to this group! Sad to see it isn't very active.Anyways, I wanted to provide y'all with some hope. I too suffer from genital warts. I'm not sure who I got it from or how, because I was always safe. I'm 22 and from the Midwest, USA. Anyways!Novan Therapeutics is in a Phase II trial of SB206, an antiviral for genital warts.Their website is here:...
  • So I've had HR HPV for the last 7 years. When I was first diagnosed, I was told that it's very common and it should clear on it's own. I waited another year, and when I got my PAP it came back abnormal. I was told to schedule a colposcopy. The results came back as CIN 1 and I was told to wait another 6 months for a follow up. This was an on going process yearly for the next several years....
  • swisharoo32

Dealing with HPV

Hi all, I was recently (as of today) diagnosed with HPV. I'm not sure of the strain yet but have been told by my doctor of abnormalities in my cells. Does this mean I have cervical cancer? I'm only 21 years old. I just don't understand, I received the Gardasil vaccine doesn't that mean I'm protected against cervical cancer? Please help.
  • Hi everyone. I have very recently been diagnosed with HPV (genital warts) which were removed and taken care of in the doctors office. I know that despite the removal of the small warts themselves, the HPV is a part of me. (Perhaps one of the most painful sentences I have ever typed).About 6 weeks ago I met a great guy and we had sex before I knew of the HPV. We both know that the relationship...
  • Hi all,This is the first time I've posted in an online group, but my worries about GW are really getting me down.My experience was a diagnosis about 8 months ago, just one tiny wart on the outside of my vagina.They froze it off, it came back.Then two warts - I used Warticon (Podophyll), which got rid of them about three times, but they came back.Now I am trying Aldara (Immuniqod), but the warts...
  • Hi, I was diagnosed with HPV almost a year ago and thought it was over with in September of 2015, however, about three months ago I discovered a couple bumps inside my anus - I'm sure you know what's back. Lucky me. My doc and I actually think they were always there, we just never saw them before. Anyways, she said that next week if things aren't resolved (which I know they won't be) she's going...
  • I've not been tested, but I'm a 201% certain that what I have are GWs. Initially I noticed 1-2 bumps that did not really bother me and all of a sudden they started spreading.Now I've got like 6 warts in the inner anus and 3 noticeable + 2 teeny weeny ones on the vag. I have been lurking in this forum looking for solutions for the past couple of weeks and started off with Tea Tree Oil (TTO) daily...
  • Cleared genital warts almost 4 months ago through numerous cryosurgery treatments. Skin where the warts were still itches/stings/pricks. Is this normal/anyone else had this experience? If so, how long am I expected to still feel these sensations?
  • I found some bumps around my anus. I think they could anal warts from H.P.V.? I am full of anxiety and have been putting off calling my doctor. I am hoping to peoples opinion. I do not expect good news or sugar coated answers. Please look http://www.dailystrength.org/people/5252319/photos-videosat my photos and let me know.
  • Hi everyone,Please excuse this semi long and detailed message, but it's very important, and maybe, by my asking these questions, others will be helped as well...I have a friend who doesn't like using the computer and is going through hell with worry about a new HPV diagnoses and fear about cervical cancer. I did some research on the internet for her and got a lot of info about HPV, but she had a...
  • helenteagan

Help and support

My name is Helen and in 2015 I was diagnosed with genital warts. The moment I found out about this I broke down and cried. When first diagnosed I could not believe that something like this could happen to me. I had three partners my whole life and serious relationships with all three, worst of all I found out that my current boyfriend (who I had been with for a while) had cheated on me and had...
  • Is there a test for women to find out what strain you have? I was told I am HPV positive and my pap was suspect. I am thinking that I must have one of the high risk strains that cause cancer, not the wart strain? Help