High Cholesterol Support Group

High cholesterol is the presence of high levels of cholesterol in the blood. It is not a disease but a metabolic derangement that can be secondary to many diseases and can contribute to many forms of disease, most notably cardiovascular disease. If you have high cholesterol, join the community to find support and share your experience.

0 Online
  • patrick99

Need some support

I am M/33 and have been struggling with high cholestrol for a couple of years now. My doctor has tried so many things but it did not help. He called me yesterday and asked if anyone in my family died of heart attack at an young age. That just freaked me out and was looking for some support. None of my family members have this problem.1. Few years back he started me on Atorvastatin 50mg. It helped...
  • Big Pharma suffered another setback with the publication of a large study that compared mortality rates in people over 65 and their LDL cholesterol levels. In fact the study shows that people over 65 live longer with high levels of the so-called "bad cholesterol" than those with low levels of LDL. Take that stupid Crestor commercials! The first link below takes will take you to a quick summary...
  • ray2500

armolipid plus

i need advice on this , does it help in reducing cholestrol , does any one takes it here 
  • ray2600

ok so here it is please read

some time ago i went for me lab and my numbers were cholestrol at 201 and tryglcerides at 235 if i recall my doct said well you need to take astorvsstatin 40 mg one pill a day now reading what i read here and seeing what a statin can do for u i was naturally scared ..i must say that i also have diabetes and AFIb .for that i am on metformin and blood thinners.any way i did couple of things , i...
  • If you think replacing saturated fats with grain oils (a.k.a. vegetable oils) is a good and healthy idea, then you should read the articles at the links below. Grain oils (why are they called vegetable oils when they are all may from highly processed grains?) were know years ago to be deadly, and even today big pharma and the AMA do not want you to know the truth; way too much money at stake for...
  • markwynne

Weaning off statins

I plan to ditch my statins. Is it a complex procedure to wean off or can I just stop taking them?
  • sensations8457

New to the group with question.

My Cholesterol has been getting higher over the past 5 years, the doctor has been trying to put me on lipitor, I did try it for a while, and got terrible leg cramps so I stopped. 2 years ago, I found out I have fatty liver.My diet doesn't seem to make a difference. Just got it tested. these are my results.Cholesterol 238 last year they were 207Triglycerides 50 last year 94Hdl - 63 last year...
  • missd12932

Fish oil

My Doc said he read of two major studies [double blind] that showed2,000's of fish oil twice a day lowered Cholesterol. So I am trying it.I will let you know in probably March how it turns out.My cholesterol has run in the 300's for many years.
  • mobeen42

I am new here

Recently i have done test for my lipid profile and the results are belowCholesterol 219Triglycerides 260HDL 36LDL 130VLDL 53Cholesterol / HDL Cholesterol ratio is 6.4Is it very high. I am 30m and should i use medicine to lower it done. Please advise
  • ray2600

triglycerides 233 . cholestro 201

I just got my labs and i am not happy .I am not on any cholesterol lowering drugs .Any help and guidence will help thanks ray
  • ray2600

atorvastatin 40 mg

I have asked by my doc to take the ATOVASTATIN 40 MG ONCE A DAY ANY OPINION ON THAT RAY
  • deleted_user

Very high cholesterol

Hello, I was hoping to get some advice please. I am a 34 year old male, I am 510 and I weigh approximately 100kg(220lb). My entire life I have been overweight and my weight has fluctuated between 80kg 100kg. I did smoke for approximately 8 years, however I quit about 5 years ago. I would consider myself a light drinker, however there have been periods throughout my life where I either havent...
  • ray2600

garlic tablets

does it help to buy garlic tablets help in cholesterolthanks
  • ThePeople

Just started statins...

And frankly I'm unsure if its indicated. i had a TIA last month and they started me on both lipitor and plavix saying it was 'necessary.' My labs are cholesterol 169, HDL 57, Triglycerides 137, LDL 87. I'm 61, about 20 pounds overweight, my blood pressure is usually around 110/75 and since the TIA I've returned to the gym. I'm a vegetarian so I don't consume ANY meat, just occasional eggs,...
  • NotWanted247

What is the best cholesterol diet to be on? I was just put on the generic form of lipitor