Heart Attack Support Group

Heart attack is a serious, sudden heart condition usually characterized by varying degrees of chest pain or discomfort, weakness, sweating, nausea, vomiting, and arrhythmias, sometimes causing loss of consciousness. It occurs when the blood supply to a part of the heart is interrupted, causing death and scarring of the local heart tissue.

0 Online
  • Humannnn

Very importaint

Whenever your dear is in the serious level of heartatack and doctors has disshoped her this maybe ignite a little hope in you search and read about "cryonics"Plz for your dear copy this in similar sites or similar anywhere
  • deleted_user

Heart Attack at age 20

I'm 20years old and had a heart attack October 24, 2012. I had a blood clot come from somewhere(but the doctors have no idea where it might have come from). I think thats the scariest thing about it is not knowing how or why it happened.They did a catherization to try and break up the clot but it was unsucessful. I am now on blood thinners and blood pressure medication Every day, when I wake up,...
  • summerbda19

Help!!!

Hello,Over the coarse of a couple weeks in the gym I became increasingly short of breath. So I went to my GP who sent me for a calcium Ct scan..... well my test came out horrible. My score is almost 400. I am 50 with a little girl 7 that needs me to be alive!!! I am beyond scared!!! I was a big drinker ( quit 10'years ago) and an ex smoker as well.....my father and grandfather both had heart...
  • Zwilly

New to the stent world

Hello, I had a stent placed 1 month ago, and looking for advice from the experts that have experienced what I'm going through.  I've been taking it easy, went back to work and watching my diet.   I've been experiencing chest pains at night and keeping me awake the last couple of nights, is this normal?  My next cardiologist appointment is not for another 6 months and wondering if I should call...
  • my life was totally normal , until my mom got diagnosed with sle (lupus) 10 years ago , sheis taking steroids from past 10 years as her treatment in sle , 28 days ago I woke up seeing her crying from chest pain which was radiating towards her left arm , I knew she is having a heart attack , we took her to a cardiologist , he instantly stabilize her and we got to a hospital  , she had angioplasty...
  • ladytruee

Open heart surgery

Has anyone had open heart surgery? If so csn you tell me that the waking up part was tolerable pain wise, have worked myself up into a massive frenzy. I have to sedate myself before a dentist so I am not taking this bews very well. They have to repair a thoracic aortic anuerism.
  • markscura

Hi introducing myself to the club

Hi everyone My background I suffer from ptsd with panic attacks for the past 7 years. During this time I have been to the Drs and the ER for multitude of tests which have always been normal. My symptoms were chest/ back pain high blood pressure and generally in a state of panic. After the stand ard  tests I'm given an Ativan and sent home and told you are having a panic attack. Just last year I...
  • Kerryo

New here

Hello everyone! I found this group and have been reading through the posts and have found a lot of solace in them. I had a very mild heart attack on January 11th and I have been home from the hospital for two days.My back story very briefly (or not so briefly), I am a 54 year old female with no previous history of medical problems, most likely because I suffered from extreme anxiety and was very...
  • TatianaC

Severe torture/abuse by Canadian law enforcement

I have been put through severe torture by Canadian law enforcement causing heart damage, they bring my attention to loud sounds and torturing with them making my heart race and blood rush to the head giving heart attack and stroke symptoms, these are loud sudden and constant sounds from extremely loud and sudden to constant causing atrial fibrilation, it doesnt stop and they keep me in a heart...
  • jody0385

Sadly after 9 years on this site...

I'm out. The change to this site is not user friendly at all, not easy to navigate and the regulars have already left. I have patience so I waited it out a bit longer than most. It doesn't seem the people in charge care much about the complaints at all. I have complained thru the dailystrength facebook page and even though they answer back nothing has changed. I know several others have done this...
  • Eddie

panic attacks post stent

Am coming up on 30 days since my heart attack/stent placement to fix a 100% blocked RCA.  FELT GREAT in the first weeks afterwards with a 'go' from my cardiologist to resume moderate (120 BPM) swimming/biking/running.  Within the last 2 weeks have been experiencing chest pain that have all tested out to be negative after 2 different hospital ER visits which included a successful stress test....
  • Rangers13

Statins

Back in May, I had a few instances where I would feel very flush (warm) and my legs felt shaky and weak. This feeling lasted about a day and then went away. I had a visit with my primary physician who said it was probably an allergic reaction to something I ate. I was skeptical since I monitor my diet.  This same scenario continued to happen in June. Primary still insisted it was an allergic...
  • marrude

Open Heart Surgery and Depression

MY husband recently had a heart attack and triple bypass surgery. I've heard that "depression" often occurs in the patient after the surgery. I would like to know if the depression occurs in and of itself from the actual surgery, or if the patients experiences this just because he is unhappy because he had the heart attack, etc.?  Thank you,callalily123
  • jody0385

Please read and comment

Please read this and tell me what you think.. http://www.hlfteam.com/statin-scam-exposed-cholesterol-drugs-cause-rapid-ageing-brain-damage-and-diabetes-2/This line particularly grabbed my attention: Cholesterol-lowering drugshave been directly linked to over 300 side effects, which include neuropathy, anemia, chronic fatigue, thyroid disruption, and diseases like Parkinsons, Alzheimers.Just not...
  • LifeChanging4Carl

From Athlete to Unable to Exert More Than 3 Mins?!

Jan 2014 I had a heart attack and required 1 stent be placed. May 18 of this year, 2016, I began noticing I was so winded just during every tennis point of a tennis match? I have gone to my primary doctor and told my cardiologist's office about this and each time I visit them I appear normal? Still...I went to the ER on May 22 because of chest pains not going away and again on June 1 and both...