Heart Attack Support Group

Heart attack is a serious, sudden heart condition usually characterized by varying degrees of chest pain or discomfort, weakness, sweating, nausea, vomiting, and arrhythmias, sometimes causing loss of consciousness. It occurs when the blood supply to a part of the heart is interrupted, causing death and scarring of the local heart tissue.

0 Online
  • I have been put through severe torture by Canadian law enforcement causing heart damage, they bring my attention to loud sounds and torturing with them making my heart race and blood rush to the head giving heart attack and stroke symptoms, these are loud sudden and constant sounds from extremely loud and sudden to constant causing atrial fibrilation, it doesnt stop and they keep me in a heart...
  • jody0385

Sadly after 9 years on this site...

I'm out. The change to this site is not user friendly at all, not easy to navigate and the regulars have already left. I have patience so I waited it out a bit longer than most. It doesn't seem the people in charge care much about the complaints at all. I have complained thru the dailystrength facebook page and even though they answer back nothing has changed. I know several others have done this...
  • Eddie

panic attacks post stent

Am coming up on 30 days since my heart attack/stent placement to fix a 100% blocked RCA.  FELT GREAT in the first weeks afterwards with a 'go' from my cardiologist to resume moderate (120 BPM) swimming/biking/running.  Within the last 2 weeks have been experiencing chest pain that have all tested out to be negative after 2 different hospital ER visits which included a successful stress test....
  • Rangers13

Back in May, I had a few instances where I would feel very flush (warm) and my legs felt shaky and weak. This feeling lasted about a day and then went away. I had a visit with my primary physician who said it was probably an allergic reaction to something I ate. I was skeptical since I monitor my diet.  This same scenario continued to happen in June. Primary still insisted it was an allergic...
  • marrude

Open Heart Surgery and Depression

MY husband recently had a heart attack and triple bypass surgery. I've heard that "depression" often occurs in the patient after the surgery. I would like to know if the depression occurs in and of itself from the actual surgery, or if the patients experiences this just because he is unhappy because he had the heart attack, etc.?  Thank you,callalily123
  • jody0385

Please read and comment

Please read this and tell me what you think.. http://www.hlfteam.com/statin-scam-exposed-cholesterol-drugs-cause-rapid-ageing-brain-damage-and-diabetes-2/This line particularly grabbed my attention: Cholesterol-lowering drugshave been directly linked to over 300 side effects, which include neuropathy, anemia, chronic fatigue, thyroid disruption, and diseases like Parkinsons, Alzheimers.Just not...
  • Jan 2014 I had a heart attack and required 1 stent be placed. May 18 of this year, 2016, I began noticing I was so winded just during every tennis point of a tennis match? I have gone to my primary doctor and told my cardiologist's office about this and each time I visit them I appear normal? Still...I went to the ER on May 22 because of chest pains not going away and again on June 1 and both...
  • jeffneedshelp

Bypass surgery recovery

My father had a heart attack a week ago. He's scheduled to have triple bypass surgery next week. I will be providing home care for him after he is discharged (5-10 days?)Anybody here directly experience this and can shed some light. I've read what's online. Looking for experiences.Much thanks.
  • ag16

Heart Attack, Disability

I had a heart attack back in September 2015. I had a 100% blockage and now has damage my left lower ventricle. Had a stent put in and an implanted defibrillator. I was let go from my job while under doctors care. Has anyone ever gone back to work? Has anyone applied for disability and denied?
  • feliciac

Heart attack 2 weeks ago - please help

I had a heart attack 2 Monday's ago and without going into all of the details I need help. I had complained about things to my doctors for the past year and they wouldn't listen to me. 2 months ago I had chest pain and my jaw was killing me. I joked to a friend how I was having a heart attack and when I went to the hospital 2 weeks ago it turned out it was my second one and I was correct about...
  • So I've had very bad reactions to Met. and Los. feeling like I wasn't breathing deeply or getting enough air... Lis. caused the "smokers cough" even tho i'm not a smoker. Fun times trying to find an equivelant to these I can tolerate long term.. It sometimes has taken months to feel those affects. So for the newbies.. Realize it may take time before you feel any effects of a medication good or...
  • strengthsa

Nervous about statins

I had NSTEMI 3-1/2 weeks ago. Appears to have been mild with minimal damage. They found 3 artery blockages and 2 were stented. Physically I feel fine now. But emotionally is another story.Among other fears, I'm now on Lipitor (and other meds of course), started at 80mg but had some leg discomfort and now on 40mg since a couple of days ago. I've read some of the horror stories of some of the...
  • jody0385

echo w/contrast aka bubble study

Has anyone had this done? My cariologist finally and I mean FINALLY called back to set up an appointment.. You know, like 2 or 3 weeks ago I was really sick and scared... That has gone away and now I think I just need a lasik pill (I'm retaining some fluid in my ankles more often now).. What is the purpose of the test with contrast? I looked it up and upon a quick study I found it's to...
  • eligray

Heart attack or anxiety?

Hi, I'm a 23 year old male, 5'10" around 200lbs. Hispanic. For the past 3-4 days i've had chest pain, arm pain, and back pain. The chest pain felt like someone was squeezing my esophagus. It lasted about a minute but was quite scary. It happened once when I was driving and hasn't came back. Today i've been having a dull ache on the inner elbow of my left arm. Where the arm folds/creases. It's a...
  • jody0385

extreme dizziness for a quick moment

So that was scary.. Just had an extremely dizzy moment.. It lasted less than a minute and raised my blood pressure very high (the top number).. also raised my heart rate.. Any ideas? I almost went to the ER but before we got past the house (we were coming home from shopping) It was starting to pass..