Gambling Addiction & Recovery Support Group
Compulsive gambling is an urge or addiction to gamble despite harmful negative consequences or a desire to stop. A preferred term among many professionals is problem gambling, as few people described by the term experience true compulsions in the clinical sense of the word. Problem gambling often is defined by whether harm is experienced by the gambler or others rather...
todspark
On the 9th April I will be 7 years gamble free , I've made the best friends I have ever had going to Ga meetings.
My advice to anyone struggling with gambling is get to a meeting , it is daunting at first but you are with a supportive group of members who understand exactly what you are going through.
Qwit4Good
Just left a congrats on your 9 months post - You've done so well you deserve two! Really, 7 years is an accomplishment.
MelT2020
I had a major relapse. I had been free for 8 months. Then in August I went to the casino twice (I dont want Aug to become a trigger month: loss of my husband and other bad memories). Oh boy, then 4 more times in Sep. I use to practice AA for my husband's addictions. So I am reminded of on day at a time and I must turn this addiction over to my higher power, because the struggle is real and sometimes I dont recognize myself :(
todspark
Don't beat yourself up and get back on track ,seek support when you are at your most vulnerable.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
I've been awful lonely lately. One of my best friends has just gone home from a month long trip to see her children. I'm letting her reacclimate to being home and spend time with her fiance. My other good friend has been distant. He's going through a lot both mentally and with his family. I'm giving him space as well. Now I just feel lonely. I call dad every day when he gets off work. He has a...
-
Enough is Enough. A few years ago, I was on disability and spent a lot of time caring for my Aunt. One particular Tuesday, I remember standing at my kitchen sink and being excited because I had the day to myself. I was so happy, until my Aunt called, frantic that she dropped and broke her blood pressure monitor and needed a new one. I was so wigged out! I didn't leave my house and...
