Foster Care Support Group

Foster care is a system by which a certified, stand-in parent(s) cares for minor children or young peoples who have been removed from their birth parents or other custodial adults by state authority. Responsibility for the young person is assumed by the relevant governmental authority and a placement with another family found.

0 Online
  • I am fostering a little boy who has been in care for ten months. Mom abandoned him for eight of them but now she has started coming to every visit. Basically has now been meeting her case plan for about eight weeks (missed a visit) and her caseworker is saying he will probably be returned home. I get that the point is reunification but how is that fair to FC? Eight months of nothing and then...
  • mdooley1

need a little advice

I am fostering my cousin and she is 1yr old her mother and father have to follow a step plan to get her back however the mother is not doing well probibly won't get her back. The father never met her before and is not doing much to get her back. However everyone involved speaks highly of him and are kind of pushing towards him to get custody. My question is how do I prove I am the one she should...
  • 2013Falco

Feeling sad

I talked to a case worker and she told me and my husband that we cant adopt or foster because we don't own a house. Feeling sad. 
  • joleneLS

Vent...I'm a Bundle of Bad Emotions

FS came to us with the intention of reunification with his dad. Things went mega south while he was with us and his dad was sent to jail for about eight months. In the start the phone calls were several times a week until I had to tell him to scale it back as FS was having crazy episodes. So it was twice a week for about two months. Then nothing for two months. Then one here or there for a...
  • I'll make this as short as possible.  My husband and I of 36 years got CPS custody of his niece 16 and nephew 13 a year ago. They had been living with their maternal grandparents for about 18 months.  Both mom and dad were in jail on drug and child endangerment charges. The grandparents said they could not handle the kids any more and called CPS to come and get them.  That's when they...
  • Newguardianof2

Urgent advice

My husband and I recently got guardianship of my 2 nieces (3 and 18months). We've had them for four months now and it has been a trying time. The 3 year old has had a hard time adjusting to a new home and routine while the baby has been doing well. She was put in therapy to deal with her trauma and change but her therapist never had time for her so I stopped taking her. She's very manipulative...
  • 2013Falco

New journey

Hi, everyone my husband and I have decided to foster-adopt or adopt a child in the foster system. We are new in all of these. What suggestions or advice everyone have for our new journey. What questions should I ask our agent. Thanks.
  • simplymebp

hmmm...

is there a group like this but for the children who have been in foster care, who have been adopted, and all the issues that come along with that journey??
  • MeganW

New Foster Parent

Hello, I am a new foster parent, just got certified. My agency wants to place 3 toddlers with me. I have no children of my own. My mother, father and Uncle all live in the home with me and are retired. I just need some advise about this. I told my agency that I realy didnt want to foster babies/toddlers. However, the 3 are pre-adoptive. I want to say yes with all my heart, but I do work full time...
  • dbrunson

ADOPTION

Hi, I have a now 7 year old that I am considering to adopt I've had her for a little over a year. before I was asked to take her in my agency warned me about her cps worker and advised me not to let her "Hood Wink" me into rushing the adoption they say she(cps worker) is known for doing this and her placements fail. Now I love this little girl very much yes we've had a lot of struggles such as...
  • Houseof5

Need guidence

Hi my name is Holley, I'm in Alabama. This is a very long story I'm going to give you the condensed version.  I am a swim coach in Alabama and have had a foster family that has swam for me for 10+ years.I have had the privilege of having countless kids swim for me thru this family. They had 5 children of there own and lots of foster in and out. They adopted 2 sibling sets of 3 girls. Last year...
  • I wanted to join this group to see if I would fit in. I am a baby boomer but not dead! embarrassing to say, I need an uplifting word or two. I have been in an interracial relationship for 12 years. When I moved into my neighborhood it was predominately Caucasian, now it is 99.9 % African . we are in our late 50s and sadly we are catching hell. Well not me my beloved in every way our neighbors are...
  • simplymebp

What its really like

What is strength?I'm not really sure about the definition. I just know that everyone has strength. Different levels of strenth yes but we all have some.The first time in my life i discovered i had unblievable styrength was when i met my biological mother and little brother for the first time. I was so young and I had this image of her that wasn't quite what she turned out to be. She looked aged,...
  • needofadvice

Nephew advice

I have a question or need advice. My little sister has lost temporary custody of her son, my nephew, in NY. I am in NC. My mom has my nephew at this time and I believe is ok with the baby temporarily. My mom suffers from PTSD and has very unstable days. Also has other mental health issues that are documented and a true concern. My question is should I get involved now or when we know this will be...
  • LGof3Momof1

Ungrateful Bio-Dad

I am raising my neice and 2 nephews. we have legal guardianship of all three of them. They have been with us for over 5 years. Mom is on the run with sex offender boyfriend it has been over 2 years since they have seen or talked to her. Dad is trying get "clean" is in a court ordered daily drug test and counseling. He has been coming around for the last 8-9 months, but he frequently changes...