Foster Care Support Group

Foster care is a system by which a certified, stand-in parent(s) cares for minor children or young peoples who have been removed from their birth parents or other custodial adults by state authority. Responsibility for the young person is assumed by the relevant governmental authority and a placement with another family found.

0 Online
0 Online
  • I am just curious on the benefits & funding for my soon to be foster daughter. She is over 18 and would like to continue Togo to school. Do they offer her benefits for schooling? Or is that something we pay for? Also, we fall under the ab12 foster care criteria. Do they offer benefits for us? To pay for her food, clothing, gas, and any $ she may need? How does this work? I'm new to all this. We...
  • hello I'm in SC. I recently got 2 children placed with me via DSS a 3 month old and almost 4 year old. I knew their parents. I'm very confused stressed and need someone to talk to who has gone through what I am now please.
  • Pamjc

Fostercare

Hi my name is Pamela Jane Campbell, I live in New Zealand. I am 32 years old, I have a son who is 4 on the 17th December 2016. He has been in Fostercare since 2013. Child, Youth and Family New Zealand removed him from my care and his Dad's.
  • FS came to us with the intention of reunification with his dad. Things went mega south while he was with us and his dad was sent to jail for about eight months. In the start the phone calls were several times a week until I had to tell him to scale it back as FS was having crazy episodes. So it was twice a week for about two months. Then nothing for two months. Then one here or there for a...
  • LGof3Momof1

Ungrateful Bio-Dad

I am raising my neice and 2 nephews. we have legal guardianship of all three of them. They have been with us for over 5 years. Mom is on the run with sex offender boyfriend it has been over 2 years since they have seen or talked to her. Dad is trying get "clean" is in a court ordered daily drug test and counseling. He has been coming around for the last 8-9 months, but he frequently changes...
  • I've even gone so far as contacting the local County Fostering Program but have not attended required meetings yet.I thought I might get some insight to all that transpires with the government officials if anyone cares to explain. Thanks.
  • hey all! my family is stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'm the oldest of five kids (three biological, including me) and two foster kids, a 17 year old fs and a 14 year old fd. recently we've realized that the fs has been flirting and "checking out" my bio sister who is 18 and I've caught him doing the same to me (i'm 21). he's also been sending messages to the girls in the youth group and...
  • We have siblings of 4 in our care who are kin (Grandparents). Neither parent has completed anything the case worker has asked them to do. The father had custody of the kids all of their lives until this March and mother has been an absent parent for the last 2 yrs. The current goal is for the kids to return to dad. But mom has the opportunity to prove herself and potentially get them if dad fails...
  • I live in Missouri. I have a kinship placement. My husband and I have agreed to get legal guardianship of the baby. DFS states the child will not go back to mom this is the 2nd child she has lost and dad (who is my relation) has done nothing in the past 12 months to try to get reunification. Child has never lived in either of their homes. Due to the child being in the foster care system for the...
  • Our seven year old foster daughter (been with us 2 months) dad just passed away very unexpectedly. She does not know yet. Her bio mom is planning to tell her tomorrow. Has anyone else ever been in a situation like this? She has been making tremendous improvement the last month and I am afraid this will set her back. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • grizz13

new and just starting

Hi everyone, the wife and I are just starting the process and we missed the last class cycle by a month so now we have to wait for the next cycle to begin in a few months. Being that we contacted the agency right after the classes we are able to do all of the paperwork now and are able to avoid the rush between the classes. :)We aren't capable of having kids and well, adoption and foster have...
  • The social care training hub provides of Face to Face & Online training services in UK which meet all standards set by Ofsted including up to date procedures & legislation. We have built a platform that enables local trainers from within your sector to concentrate on the most important factor, which is delivering training, which is fun, interactive and relevant.We just want to know feedback of...
  • After a year of being the brunt of my 9 year old foster son's anger towards the world I finally cracked and did what I never thought I'd do...threaten to send him away. I honestly hate myself for it and have been told by everyone that that is the worst thing one can do to a foster child but I am truly at my wit's end. I broke down sobbing in a restaurant last weekend while he tantrumed in the...
  • dbrunson

FOSTER TO ADOPT

Hi, I have a now 7 year old that I am considering to adopt I've had her for a little over a year. before I was asked to take her in my agency warned me about her cps worker and advised me not to let her "Hood Wink" me into rushing the adoption they say she(cps worker) is known for doing this and her placements fail. Now I love this little girl very much yes we've had a lot of struggles such as...
  • fourthdb

Marriage and fostering

My husband and I have some issues that reared its head while dealing with foster care. We have very different energy levels and expectations on what our house should be like on a daily basis. By that I mean I am happy with a full house, lots of noise, activity, pets, and children. He has a much lower energy level and prefers quiet when he comes home and time to himself. He is always saying our...