Foster Care Support Group

Foster care is a system by which a certified, stand-in parent(s) cares for minor children or young peoples who have been removed from their birth parents or other custodial adults by state authority. Responsibility for the young person is assumed by the relevant governmental authority and a placement with another family found.

0 Online
  • Jacks-ar

How do i prevent this!

Had a surprise bday party for "a" and mom showed up in unauthorised. Gave them hugs and nearly lied every word she spoke to them! She even knew she wasn't supposed to be there!How i do prevent this from happening again?  What if next time she tries to take them? What if she tries to find my house? (We live in a small town and she only lives about 7 blocks away from us.)
  • Jacks-ar

Birth mother's gift

Mom gave "a" a stuffed frog. No problem there, however she dowsed it with perfume. So much that i can smell it through out my whole house. It almost seems like her mom moved in its such an obvious smell. And its make me not feel well.Am I allowed to wash it without asking the child? Should she be allowed to have such a presence in my house?
  • Standstrong2015

Our sweet girl

Hi my wife and I have been fostering since October of last year. We did because a family member was having her children taken away. With that said we have had 4 foster babies in our care with in the last year. We are down to two babies right now and one is a beautiful baby girl. Mom is in prison and dad is homeless at the moment with two other kids. With that said. My wife is in contact with the...
  • apie0402

Bio mom asks to meet up a lot

We've had our FD for 10 months. (Our first placement  of a 3 y/o girl.)Bio mom regularly asks for us to meet up on the weekends. We work M-F and typically have things planned on the weekends and when we don't we like to veg at home. We have met up when visits get cancelled out of her control and for special things like her birthday. I want to be sensitive to her situation, but i don't want to...
  • kpierson09

foster child was moved but we can still adopt

okay so we have had our foster child for 2 years with the mother not working her case plan at all. no family came forward till they talked about removing the mothers rights. The mothers right are not removed and they moved our foster daughter with the great aunt that came forward even though we are filling for adoption. The jusge did not want to move her till the adoption agency chose who would...
  • teenfostermompnw

Foster Parenting Teens

My wife and I are new foster parents, and our kid is great. We're having difficulties with our caseworker, however, who seems to have no interest in getting to know our kid (she's been in the system for 10 years, and is now 16, and he's known her for about 3 weeks). He doesn't respond to her calls or requests, and seems to have an extremely paternalistic view of managing cases. Has anyone else...
  • ServingUpHope

Teenager resistance

My husband and I are in the middle of foster care training. We have an almost 13 yr old son (from my first marriage) and a 2 year old son. my oldest is resistent to fostering but can't seem to provide a reason. I don't know what to do...
  • Jennjenn129

New here, new to fostering.

Hey all, I'm jennifer, I'm 23, and I'm new. I found this page while surfing the Internet for tips and facts about foster care. My mother and I have started our process at the same time. I am so excited but at the same time so nervous to bring a child into my life. I'm here for the inside scoop, so to say. I am eager to learn and happy to be here! 
  • mommagain

Advise please!

ok... little about us.. my husband an I have three grown children... we have had custody of our gson for 9 years he's 10... we have adopted a fam member after having her from birth to 2 then again from 3 1/2 years later until we adopted her at age 7... she is 11... April if 2016 my God daughter who could not have children took custody of a distant family member on July 4 she left her with is (due...
  • 3scram

I wish this could happen

https://www.littlethings.com/chase-adoption-story/?utm_source=fbsp&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=19-M-22931
  • Andrea11

Looking to give a support system

I am in the Farmers Branch area.  Anyone here foster parents, and would like respite, to share advice, and just connect?  Thanks!
  • 3scram

I wish there were more people like him

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cop-adopts-8-year-old-after-investigating-his-case-of-severe-child-abuse/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6a&linkId=39305909
  • Momintraining

Introduction

Hello,My husband and I are at the beginning stages of being approved to become a Resource Family.  I've wanted to foster to adopt since I was little, but it took my husband several years to get on board.  The more and more I reseached and shared with him, the more he felt drawn to it. We recently have battled infertility and although there is still hope, we feel drawn to help a child in need...
  • Huckleberry

Considering foster parenting

I'm single, never married, no kids (just nieces).  I'm considering foster parenting.  My career is going well, but I've been feeling the need to give back and do something more with my life.  I've always wanted kids, it just hasn't worked out and I have been very busy with my career for the last 8 years.  I don't always have an 8-5 job because I'm in a national role.  But I figured alot of...
  • Fierce

First Home Visit.

I have my first home visit or study. Not sure of the correct term. What should I expect?