Foster Care Support Group

Foster care is a system by which a certified, stand-in parent(s) cares for minor children or young peoples who have been removed from their birth parents or other custodial adults by state authority. Responsibility for the young person is assumed by the relevant governmental authority and a placement with another family found.

0 Online
  • Fierce

New Foster Parent

Greetings...Im currently getting ready to be a foster parent. I live alone and do not have children. I am a social worker and I work with the foster care system. Im taking older children. Any advise would be great.
  • pammyp

Children being returned too soon - Very worried!!

Hi I know we can say ''who are we to judge?'' BUT when you have done everything you can to keep little one safe especially if vulnerable and then it seems the law is on the parents side not the childs it can be very frustrating indeed!...I am kinship foster carer for my Grandson as my daughter is an alcoholic , 4 months clean after 3 years of her child being in care , so suddenly she is super Mum...
  • Auntloves

Relationships with the birth mother

Hello. I am new to the group and I welcome your advise. 2 months ago I found out that I was a new Aunt to a 4 month old baby girl. My alcoholic brother and his junkie girlfriend chose to keep her a secret because she was taken into CPS custody after her birth. They were ashamed and embarrassed. My brother is trying to reunify. His girlfriend was refused services (this is her 3rd child involved...
  • Micki37

Struggling with toddler not eating

I know it's not her fault but its becoming so hard to love my very stubborn 16 month old foster daughter.  She refuses food unless it's sugar.  For weeks all she would eat were cookies.  She spits out anything that isn't very very sweet.  So people have said "let her eat what she wants"  the problem with that is all the sugar gives her very acidic diarrhea.  People say "hide good things in...
  • Micki37

Introduction :)

Hello everyone.  I have been a foster parent for over 14 years.  We typically foster infants and toddlers. Married to hubby for 17 years.  Adopted one girl who is now 11 years old.  We got her at 1 week old.  She has proven to be all we can handle.  As far as adopting more .... No.Currently fostering 3 small ones ages 2 years, 16 months and 3 months.  I haven't used a support forum in...
  • Ddzz

Foster Kid transitioning

Good afternoon,I am new to this group but I could use some help. We currently have two foster children one is 6 months and the other is 2 years old. We went into the foster program because we could not have children on our own and wanted to adopt from foster care.Little did we know just how difficult it was going to be to adopt through foster care. Right now the 2 year old has started...
  • Mendoza

Im looking for parents.

I was born in philipines and grow up in Manila. Im 15 years old but I'm a good person. I'm here in philippines. I'm hearing aids but I'm still deaf. I'm looking for parents because i really hate pinoy my mom and dad but he is so annoying and ignorant. She is so laziness and don't have work.I'm not proud to mom and dad. I REALLY HATE YOU MOM AND DAD. Please support me. Please adopted me. Thank...
  • Kpoties

Need help with my oldest granddaughter & behavior

I am hoping that someone can give me some kind of assistance because hubby and I are totally at a loss. See we are foster parents but foster parents to our 3 biological grandchildren (3, 2, and 1 yo) and their sister (8 yo). Being foster parents was the only way we could get all 4 of them. We also have 2 boys of our own who are 11 and 9 yo. We have had them since July/August of last year...
  • Amanda4711

Considering Fostering

Does everyone who fosters want to adopt, or end up adopting in the end? I would really like to have my own children. We currently foster dogs, and I have always wanted to foster horses. I do it because it is saving dogs from being put to sleep. I have recently been thinking about fostering kids. Of course, no one is putting them to sleep, but they still do need somewhere to go. We don't have any...
  • MSWResearcher

Research on Foster Care Adoptions

Attention foster parents, adoptive foster parents, and individuals training to be or in the process of becoming foster parents. My name is John Hanson and I am an MSW student at California State University, San Bernardino and I am completing my research project investigating the influence of direct-to-consumer genetic test results on the finalization of foster adoptions. Companies such as...
  • mommaof3crazies

Separating while Fostering

hi everyone, I am in desperate need from anyone who can help me. I've been with my significant other for almost 7 years. We have three biological children together and are fostering my niece (my brothers child) who is 12 and this is pretty permanent. I'm a stay at home mother, but I have had a pretty steady career with the option to go back to my old company if needed. My brother has no intent of...
  • BurlyTeacher

Wife and I Fostered for 3 years

Hello everyone, Just wanted to share my wife and I's story abotu foster care.  I am hoping that by telling my story it will give strength to those that are in simialr situations.  I posted it on my YouTube page so you can check that page and videos down below. YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcbmB-xeYGup4IcWakUh_aA (Burly Teacher)Life isn't Fair Part 1: Story...
  • Jezebelshara

New to being a foster parent

My story: Hi I'm Shara. I'm currently married and have a daughter of my own but recently went through the foster journey about 6 months ago and just was placed with our foster daughter this month (Feb). Since I have inferitility and PCOS I am unable to get pregnant again and therefore my want for another child was destroyed. Fostering to adopt became an option and we have gladly accepted the...
  • amanda33

Newly certified foster parents

Hello! I just found this group :) My fiancé and I are newly certified to a agency, were super excited but nervous! We are unable to have kids of our own without IVF so we've decided to try foster care and see where it goes. I would love some feedback on placements with agencies VS being a foster parent through the state? It seems like the state ones get a lot more placements as they are first in...
  • heavychicken68

frustrated , worried and full of questions

My husband and I have been trying to adopt our fs who we have had in our home for 10 months . He has had no contact with his mirth mom since 18 months of age  and the court still has not terminated rights. Our fs had been raised by his birth dad who severely abused and deglected him. We have been told for months that all we were waiting for is for the state to find birth mom  although the...