Fibromyalgia Support Group
You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.
bluesun
What do you do for exercise? Do you have a daily or weekly routine?
I walk (just around the block) 3-4x a week and do some easy swimming in the ocean 15-20 mins about 2x a week.
Sometimes walking helps me feel better, sometimes I feel worse, much worse. Like, why did I even do that? But if I don't move around then I get all stiff and achy.
I wasn't able to walk around the block before I got these shoes with springs in them plus arch and heel supports. I got them from a store called "Step Ahead". It was very expensive the shoes plus the supports totaled $500! But it's made a HUGE difference in the pain in my feet. Before that I had trouble just walking from my bed to the bathroom. I had to use my handicap placard every where I went. And in the store I had to use one of those electric cart things.
Anyway, I don't just use them for walking around the block..... I wear them when I go to the grocery store, to the bank, or to the docs office. Just to make sure my feet have the support they need. Do you need special shoes when you walk around? What kind are they?
I walk (just around the block) 3-4x a week and do some easy swimming in the ocean 15-20 mins about 2x a week.
Sometimes walking helps me feel better, sometimes I feel worse, much worse. Like, why did I even do that? But if I don't move around then I get all stiff and achy.
I wasn't able to walk around the block before I got these shoes with springs in them plus arch and heel supports. I got them from a store called "Step Ahead". It was very expensive the shoes plus the supports totaled $500! But it's made a HUGE difference in the pain in my feet. Before that I had trouble just walking from my bed to the bathroom. I had to use my handicap placard every where I went. And in the store I had to use one of those electric cart things.
Anyway, I don't just use them for walking around the block..... I wear them when I go to the grocery store, to the bank, or to the docs office. Just to make sure my feet have the support they need. Do you need special shoes when you walk around? What kind are they?
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
So there's a Bigfoot festival going on soon and Hubby is soooo enthused.I've spent so much of my life outdoors. I'm 99% sure their whoops and thumps and such are probably people up to no good tryihng to scare other folisk outta the woods without getting in trouble.Why do I say that?There's moonshiners in my DNA. And people who've lived in the forests since before white folks. If something was out...
-
Fun facts to up your day:The Big Bang wasn't IN space... it was OF space. How does that happen? Well, now you know why I'm NOT a physicist. Cuz I dunno. It just happened. Thena gain a new hypothesis is that our "black energy/matter" is actually waste dumped in our universe from somewhere else's black holes. How and all that? Don't ask. You start getting all "The Matrix" and muttering...

I think it's awesome you can swim and walk so much:-)
Yeah, I know, I keep it gentle, but even gentle can feel like 'Hit by a cargo ship" sometimes.... Urgh!
I had This Notion That IF I Moved Much, I Was Going to make Self Worse..Turned out The Exact Opposite was True.
I Have Not Had a Flare Since 2007.
I Dance, Stretch, Use Music To Help Me Control My Moods..I Meditate, I Walk. I Force Negative Thought OUT of My Head/Heart.
Everyday I Am As Active In My Life As I Can be.
If Your Flaring, Having a Rough Time Then Minimally At Least STRETCH Many Times Thru The Day..Stretching Is GREAT. Every Area Of Your Body.