Families & Friends of Gays & Lesbians Support Group

This community is dedicated to parents, siblings, grandparents, other relatives and friends of someone who is either gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or questioning their sexual orientation. The purpose of this community is to help families and friendships grow and maintain positive relationships with gay sons, daughters, family or friends.

0 Online
  • jenlovesjohn23

Hi everyone,My 18 year old son recently came out to me as transgender.  He shared with me about 6 months ago that he is bisexual, which I have no issues with.  I have many, many gay and lesbian friends and family.  I was not expecting the transgender conversation.  It was very hard for him to tell me...his chin was trembling and he said he was afraid I would kick him out of the house. ...
  • JennaMitch316

I need advice

My baby sister announced the day after my son was born that she was getting married. Normally this would be amazing news to my entire family but she's marrying a woman and everyone in my family is christian. She has been dating the girl for the past two year and when she first told me they where seeing each other she explained it in a way that made it sound like they where just friends that...
  • This letter is not only for my son - but for every person - struggling to navigate their personal safety against being who they are. Please read and share if you think it might be helpful.Love will Prevail.http://www.elephantjournal.com/2016/06/an-open-letter-to-my-gay-son/
  • deleted_user

Coping with my daughter's news

My 21 yr old daughter informed us a couple of month's ago that she had a girlfriend. Looking back, there was never an indication that this might happen. (Of course I wasn't aware that one of her boyfriends was physically & emotionally abusing her.) It was a shock for me since we are especially close. How do the other parents cope with this? She's still the same person -- we still get along...
  • my stepdaughter just told me she believes she is a lesbian and I told her it will be fine but did not tell her I am bi and also one of her older friend had flirted with me should I tell her .
  • shemei

an Apologia

The Apologia Being gay in Africa has not necessarily been a walk in the park, quite the contrary, while the whole world is waking up to the reality of homosexuality Africa as usual is left behind, I have witnessed firsthand the ugly side of homophobia living in Uganda, a country which was at one point referred to as the worst place to be gay. For instance I received a lot of criticism from my...
  • christinaleahanneric

I need help

My best friend of two years recently came out as bisexual. She had a girlfriend and everything was going good until she told her mother. Her mother threw her out and my friend lived with her girlfriend for a couple weeks, until her mother started getting in contact again. She did terrible thimgs to my friend and her girlfriend until they broke up and my friend moved back in with her mother. Loads...
  • brightshinninglight

Please Help!

Hello everyone,This is my first post. I have a 25 year old daughter who came out about 8 years ago. The first years did not go so well. She was angry, depressed, withdrawn. She ran away from home. I now understand reason she experienced these behaviors. When found out, I did not approve, but as years went on, I have educated myself and to learned to focus on my love for her and not the life...
  • I'm out, I'm proud, but the people around me just make me wish I was straight. Would be a lot easier....1) MY FRIENDS... aren't comfortable with who i am and even worse: they don't even admit it (sorry, but I know them way too good to believe their lies).Example: Some girl passes by (everybody knows she's gay) and I say "Oh that's XY, I know her! She's so cool, I really really like her." and...
  • pinkladybug

Just found out that my 67 year old father-in-law has been having an affair with a male student. It started 15 years ago and the student is now 30. My husbands world has been turned up side down and I don't know how to help him. As of right now no charges have been brought against my father-in-law, but my mother-in-law is filing for divorce after 43 years.
  • HI. I am back on the site again to get answers. It has literally been 4 years since I have been on this site. I have finally admitted to myself that I am a lesbian. I guess that came with age. Long story short, my mom and I finally had the talk. We had bee skirting around the topic for years, She is Christian (as am I) and she believes that morally it is wrong to be homosexual and that this...
  • Hannah91

parents won't attend my wedding

I really need some advice/support. I just joined this group, not because I am a family member or friend of someone who is gay, but because I am gay and I need some perspective on how my family is feeling. I came out to my parents 2 years ago and it didn't go well, but over time things got a little better. I am now 24 years old and just got engaged to the most wonderful woman I've ever met....
  • This is long but please read it through so that you can understand the full story.My daughter (now 18) told me she was gay about 9 months ago. I've been trying to be as supportive as possible but am having a hard time dealing with this. Let me tell you the whole story so that maybe it will make more sense and I hope that afterwards, I will receive some much needed advice as to what to...
  • deleted_user

husband to be ex is gay

Hi! This is my first time on a site like this. I have been been married to my best friend/ husband for 12 years. 5 years ago I noticed he was not the same and seemed very depressed. Almost 2 years ago now he told me he thought he was gay and a year ago we separated. He is still my best friend, we have 3 kids together, and he now has a partner who I have welcomed into our family. Some of my...

Can we include bisexuals in this title?

I am expressing a desire to change the title of this support group to "Families & Friends of Gays, Lesbians, and Bisexuals Support Group." As the sister of a bisexual brother, my family has experienced wave of emotions over the last couple of years since he has been honest with us. Bisexuality is just as hard (if not harder) for society to understand. Although me and my family are liberal...