Dialysis Support Group

Dialysis is a type of renal replacement therapy which is used to provide an artificial replacement for lost kidney function due to renal failure. It is a life support treatment and does not treat any kidney diseases. Dialysis may be used for very sick patients who have suddenly lost their kidney function or for quite stable patients who have permanently lost their kidney function.

0 Online
  • ArchStudent

student looking for feedback...

Hi. This is strange request, but I’m an architecture student designing a HD dialysis clinic for my thesis. I am really interested in getting feedback on the experience of the clinic environment from the patient’s perspective. I am hoping that obtaining direct insight from patients will help me to understand how to create a space that will better serve and support you. If anyone is willing to...
  • rainydaywoman

any other youngins looking for a fiend ?

Hi. I'm Michelle. I was a perfectly healthy when lupus appeared in my life, sending me into acute renal failure at 19. Now I'm 27 years old and beginning my third month of PD dialysis. What I am struggling with most right now is no longer feeling like I belong, well with anyone, but I feel especially out of place around healthy young people. Even my friends don't know what to say to me. despite...
  • Mari89

Looking for someone who can understand me...

Hello everyone mi name is Mari im 28 years old. About 3 years i was diagnosed with kidney failure stage 5. Doctors  cannot find why i have kidney failure . they said that since my kidneys are too small and damage a test will not get anything. I was able to postponed getting dialysis for almost 2 years with a super strict diet. Just a year ago i had to get the catheter for dialysis because the...
  • rainydaywoman

27 years old, beginning dialysis, losing mind

I've known I was approaching dialysis for sometime, but when the time came I was still totally knocked out by the weight of this responsibility. There's also the constant self esteem battle that comes with the PD catheter that has been inserted in my abdomen. I feel like being a "patient" has taken over my life, and I've forgotten what it is that makes all the work we do to survive, worth all...
  • Missboricuaa

We all want someone to talk too.

Everyone calls my gabby, I've known about my kidney disease since I was 15. I'm 22 now, an been on hemo for about 7 months now. Its never been easy, and I'm still taking everything day by day. But if you'd like someone just to have a simple conversation & someone who understands what you're going through dont hesitate to hit Me up anytime. You're not alone.
  • moomookat

Teen on dialysis

hey, I was kinda hoping to meet and connect with younger people going through dialysis such as myself. I'm 18 and I was diagnosed with esrd about a year ago. I've been doing in center hemo but now I'm transitioning to peritoneal dialysis...yay! Anyway I'm here if anyone just wants to talk I definitely can relate. :)
  • bigbeanie

Kidney Friendly Cookbook

I found a wonderful cookbook for kidney/dialysis patients. It's called, "A Taste of Lynn's vol.2 Kidney Smart Recipes - Renal Edition. After being on dialysis for over six years, I was bored with eating the same old things. This cookbook really helped me enjoy eating again. I ran it by my doctor and nutritionist so they could see what I will be preparing. Go to www.atasteoflynns.com to get the...
  • peter01

Hemodialysis

Hello all,    I'm currently a student researching problems with hemodialsys.  As part of the research we are doing a survey to learn more about the potential problems during dialysis.  If you could take a few minutes to fill out the survey it would be a great help. The link is down below. We are also randomly drawing 10 responders for $25 gift cards....
  • myporkchop

stage 5 renal failure in shock please help

Hi all,My Mum found out 5 weeks a go that she has stage 5 renal failure. The doctor's said she may only have 6 months to a year to live. Another doctor said 3 months to a year max. Her kidney function has declined rapidly since 2015, now only operating at 11%. She has other serious health conditions such as COPD, type 2 diabetes (insulin dependent), hypertension, high cholesterol, CHF and two...
  • kayla3012

DIALYSIS 9

HELLO MY NAME IS KAYLA AND I AM 34 AND I HAVE BEEN ON DIALYSIS FOR 9 MONTHS NOW AND IT IS NOT THE EASYIEST THING TO DO I GO THREE DAYS A WEEK THREE HOURS A DAY AND IT DOES NOT GET ANY EASIER IT HURTS WHEN THEY PUT THEM NEEDLES IN YOUR ARM  I GET SO FUSTRATED CANT EAT OR DRINK WHAT I WANT I FEEL LIKW AM ALONG WHEN I KNOW AM NOT MY FAMILY IS VERY SUPPORTING WITH ALL OF THIS BUT THEY DONY KNOW...
  • jessicamullinax

Need any/all advice about dialysis

My wife started her first dialysis session yesterday. The doctors haven't explained the whole process to me and she doesn't ask questions. I'm extremely overwhelmed by everything. They say once insurance approves she will do at home dialysis and they will put a port in her stomach is this common? Also she has once placed in her upper collar bone area is this common? I was really ok and thought I...
  • moira

2nd time around for hemodialysis

Hii could sure use a friend and I'd like to be a friend    I'm 49 and going through hemodialysis again.  I did dialysis in my 20's for 4 years before I was blessed with a transplant.  It's been 20yrs on April 11th!  Woot!  Now this kidney is on it's last legs and I have been back on dialysis for the last 3months  My friends and family do not understand how hard this is and I feel so...
  • Hi there, I feel that I'm alone in this! I'm not alone but it feels this way.I do PD Dialysis at night.Pls offer support on how you go about living your life as normal as possible.Does anyone suffer from Anxiety and Depression too? Thx
  • I'm a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I am currently conducting research on dialysis patients and clothing needs in and out of clinic. I'm looking for PD or Hemo dialysis patients 18 and older who would be willing to do a short skype or phone interview with me to discuss this further. All data collected will be kept anayomous and confidental, you are at no risk, and no medical...
  • axelnyx

Need to Vent

I've been dialysis for around 8 years. I'm going to be 30 in 2 months and I have no children and am no where close to getting a transplant. I am tired of everything. I am tired of the nurses ,even though most of them are nice. I just have come to the point where I don't want them nagging me or touching me. I'm tired of doctors and answering questions. I've been doing this stuff since I was 9, I...