Degenerative Disc Disease Support Group

Degeneration of the intervertebral disc, which is often called "degenerative disc disease" (DDD) of the spine, DDD is in fact a condition that can be painful and can greatly affect the quality of one's life. While disc degeneration is not a normal part of aging and for most people is not a problem, for certain individuals a degenerated disc can cause severe constant chronic pain.

0 Online
  • jonnysg

Opioid witch hunt

I have had severe DDD for about 5 years now and have been on total disability for about the same. I take 360mg of slow release morphine each day. Not sure what it's like where you are but here in Ontario Canada there is an all out war on anyone who uses any type of opioid. My doctor is constantly trying to take me off the only thing that has given me any relief at all but can't give any other...
  • trex1965

finding a new doc

hi everyone i just moved from utah to west virginia and trying to find a new pain doc is very hard.the move took longer then expected now i only have a few days left before i need to have an appoinment but can not find a doc that will try and work me in just wondering how hard it is for others that have moved out of state thanks for any input
  • ramakhawam

Is it possible to have both DDD & scoliosis?

this summer, my back got worse and I started crying every night because how much my back hurted me so my parents decided to take to another doctor, the first doctor said that I had DDD and I researched it for weeks and I felt every symptom so I felt it was true. Anyways, it got worse so they decided to take me to another that told me I had scoliosis and i was late. I don't know exactly what I...
  • INPAIN808

Diagnosed with DDD

So, just like everyone else here, I was also diagnosed with DDD AFTER a physiatrist finally requested for an Xray. I have been taking tramadol 50mg x 2 a day and it seems like effect goes away quicker than it did before. I used to feel the pain only in the morning, then it became morning then night, now I feel it all day. I want to cry. I want to cry because I can't even hold a baby, meaning I...
  • Marieyas

Lost

He all new to this I found out last week I also have sciatica fibro prolapsed disc in so much pain right now going for injection starting next week can't have a op because of my weight has anyone had the injections? do they work ? 
  • deleted_user

Loss Of Height with DDD

Just wondering if any of you have kept track of your height with having DDD. I have 2 1/2 inches in height in the last year, which is a little frightening. I take extra calicum and have totally cut out caffine. I don't know what else to do. I have went from 5 feet 10 1/2 inches to 5'8". Anyone else keeping track? Blessings...missourigal
  • ElisaB

Newbie Joins the Group

Hi Everyone, I'm currently in a Chronic Pain Management program and it was suggested that I branch out to increase my network of support. One of my group members has found great solace in on-line chat/message boards and so I have joined.15 years ago I was giving a tour of local Irish pubs to some friends, when on the way back from the rest room...a random person grabbed me around the waist, and...
  • BlackWolf

Hi! New here - have DDD - need surg. info

Hi All:I was diagnosed with DDD about five years ago.  I have some questions about surgical options, and I'm asking them because of what I've found out so far, and it's just leaving me more confused.About seven months ago, I started having pain in my right shoulder, down through my arm, to my thumb, index, and middle fingers.  An MRI revealed that the discs between C4 & C5, and C5 & C6 were...
  • deleted_user

16 year old daughter with JDDD... Help

Hi! I am new to this site and thought I would try telling my daughters story to see if I could find someone else that has gone through the same thing or has a child that has or is going through the same thing also. My daughter was 14 when she started complaining of her back hurting. After a couple of months it got worse with hip and leg pain now. I took her to the sports medicine phyisician. He...
  • CF89

Young and suffering

hi guys I'm new to this support group thing! I'm 27 and two years ago I had a discectomy of L5/S1. I had multiple steroid injections after as the pain wasn't going away. I was then referred to a pain clinic where I was told I have nerve damage and it is going to be a chronic condition. I ended up In a and e a few months back (I work there) and had another scan. The scan show I have DDD. My disc...
  • Charlottep1

Can you help?

Hello, Im 20 years old, Last year i got diagnosed with DDD, I dont really know what too say i just want too know how others experience... Because mine is literally out of control! In August i had an epidural, They said it would ease the pain and it would start to work in a couple of months so now im here 8 months later with no letter or anything from the hospital and im in Absolute agony the pain...
  • melgar

DDD with lupus and fibro

hi all,just joining the group. My mom suggested I Join for support .I am 40 years old and was 37 when I was diagnosed with DDD from there I had a spinal fusion on my lowest disc as it was ruptured , but before the fusion I was put on epidural injection put through a disco gram and finally had surgery. After surgery is when my lupus and fibro decided to come and visit. Took me two years to get...
  • Hello,When I was 17 (back in 1994), I was diagnosed with grade 3 Spondylolithesis and cosquently had an L-5 S-1 spinal fusion (2 rods, 6 screws & 2 plates) at 18. I have experienced chronic pain my entire life and continuous spinal degeneration. Last year I was in a car accident which fractured my left posterior harrington rod. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced having surgery to remove...
  • sharch

multi level Disc Degeneration Disease

anyone else have multi level DDD I'm 35 was diagnosed at 22 following a fall, a disc rupture and a pars fracture. I now have DDD L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1. So despite being told for years that discs repair themselves and that it wouldn't progress, it has and my condition has deteriorated. I can't work. I am in constant chronic pain, have to use a cane most days some times a chair, it's very debilitating...
  • tulafae

DDD and nerve impingement

I was diagnosed with DDD and nerve impingement 3 years ago, at age 30.  Since then I have had worsening nerve and back pain, and my most recent MRI (performed in August of this year) showed the damage as "mild"... but sometimes I feel like that can't be right because the pain is downright unbearable some days.  I've found that exercise helps somewhat at times but not always.  I'm currently on...