Degenerative Disc Disease Support Group

Degeneration of the intervertebral disc, which is often called "degenerative disc disease" (DDD) of the spine, DDD is in fact a condition that can be painful and can greatly affect the quality of one's life. While disc degeneration is not a normal part of aging and for most people is not a problem, for certain individuals a degenerated disc can cause severe constant chronic pain.

0 Online
  • INPAIN808

Diagnosed with DDD

So, just like everyone else here, I was also diagnosed with DDD AFTER a physiatrist finally requested for an Xray. I have been taking tramadol 50mg x 2 a day and it seems like effect goes away quicker than it did before. I used to feel the pain only in the morning, then it became morning then night, now I feel it all day. I want to cry. I want to cry because I can't even hold a baby, meaning I...
  • Marieyas

Lost

He all new to this I found out last week I also have sciatica fibro prolapsed disc in so much pain right now going for injection starting next week can't have a op because of my weight has anyone had the injections? do they work ? 
  • deleted_user

Loss Of Height with DDD

Just wondering if any of you have kept track of your height with having DDD. I have 2 1/2 inches in height in the last year, which is a little frightening. I take extra calicum and have totally cut out caffine. I don't know what else to do. I have went from 5 feet 10 1/2 inches to 5'8". Anyone else keeping track? Blessings...missourigal
  • trex1965

finding a new doc

hi everyone i just moved from utah to west virginia and trying to find a new pain doc is very hard.the move took longer then expected now i only have a few days left before i need to have an appoinment but can not find a doc that will try and work me in just wondering how hard it is for others that have moved out of state thanks for any input
  • ElisaB

Newbie Joins the Group

Hi Everyone, I'm currently in a Chronic Pain Management program and it was suggested that I branch out to increase my network of support. One of my group members has found great solace in on-line chat/message boards and so I have joined.15 years ago I was giving a tour of local Irish pubs to some friends, when on the way back from the rest room...a random person grabbed me around the waist, and...
  • BlackWolf

Hi! New here - have DDD - need surg. info

Hi All:I was diagnosed with DDD about five years ago.  I have some questions about surgical options, and I'm asking them because of what I've found out so far, and it's just leaving me more confused.About seven months ago, I started having pain in my right shoulder, down through my arm, to my thumb, index, and middle fingers.  An MRI revealed that the discs between C4 & C5, and C5 & C6 were...
  • deleted_user

16 year old daughter with JDDD... Help

Hi! I am new to this site and thought I would try telling my daughters story to see if I could find someone else that has gone through the same thing or has a child that has or is going through the same thing also. My daughter was 14 when she started complaining of her back hurting. After a couple of months it got worse with hip and leg pain now. I took her to the sports medicine phyisician. He...
  • CF89

Young and suffering

hi guys I'm new to this support group thing! I'm 27 and two years ago I had a discectomy of L5/S1. I had multiple steroid injections after as the pain wasn't going away. I was then referred to a pain clinic where I was told I have nerve damage and it is going to be a chronic condition. I ended up In a and e a few months back (I work there) and had another scan. The scan show I have DDD. My disc...
  • Charlottep1

Can you help?

Hello, Im 20 years old, Last year i got diagnosed with DDD, I dont really know what too say i just want too know how others experience... Because mine is literally out of control! In August i had an epidural, They said it would ease the pain and it would start to work in a couple of months so now im here 8 months later with no letter or anything from the hospital and im in Absolute agony the pain...
  • melgar

DDD with lupus and fibro

hi all,just joining the group. My mom suggested I Join for support .I am 40 years old and was 37 when I was diagnosed with DDD from there I had a spinal fusion on my lowest disc as it was ruptured , but before the fusion I was put on epidural injection put through a disco gram and finally had surgery. After surgery is when my lupus and fibro decided to come and visit. Took me two years to get...
  • Hello,When I was 17 (back in 1994), I was diagnosed with grade 3 Spondylolithesis and cosquently had an L-5 S-1 spinal fusion (2 rods, 6 screws & 2 plates) at 18. I have experienced chronic pain my entire life and continuous spinal degeneration. Last year I was in a car accident which fractured my left posterior harrington rod. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced having surgery to remove...
  • sharch

multi level Disc Degeneration Disease

anyone else have multi level DDD I'm 35 was diagnosed at 22 following a fall, a disc rupture and a pars fracture. I now have DDD L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1. So despite being told for years that discs repair themselves and that it wouldn't progress, it has and my condition has deteriorated. I can't work. I am in constant chronic pain, have to use a cane most days some times a chair, it's very debilitating...
  • tulafae

DDD and nerve impingement

I was diagnosed with DDD and nerve impingement 3 years ago, at age 30.  Since then I have had worsening nerve and back pain, and my most recent MRI (performed in August of this year) showed the damage as "mild"... but sometimes I feel like that can't be right because the pain is downright unbearable some days.  I've found that exercise helps somewhat at times but not always.  I'm currently on...
  • ramakhawam

Is it possible to have both DDD & scoliosis?

this summer, my back got worse and I started crying every night because how much my back hurted me so my parents decided to take to another doctor, the first doctor said that I had DDD and I researched it for weeks and I felt every symptom so I felt it was true. Anyways, it got worse so they decided to take me to another that told me I had scoliosis and i was late. I don't know exactly what I...
  • KayleighMarie

Frustrated with doctors

I have been trying to get a second opinion on my back problems. I saw an orthopedic surgeon who diagnosed my degenerative disk disease and they told me there was no treatment options. I am not doubting the diagnosis but I do not believe that there is nothing they can do to help with my condition. I am 19 years old and they told me that there is nothing they can do and that I will live my whole...