A few weeks ago we began receiving reports that some member accounts were showing a link to graphic material in their status updates, and those same accounts were sending out random friend requests.
After a thorough investigation, we have concluded that this issue is NOT happening due to a technology issue with the DailyStrength.org site. It's been discovered that some members are using email addresses from outside organizations who have previously experienced data breaches. This information was not taken from DailyStrength's account database nor was DailyStrength's login system compromised.
What we're doing to address this issue:
· Here at DailyStrength, we are committed to ensuring the safety, privacy and the integrity of your accounts.
· To combat this issue we have blocked access to the DailyStrength.org site from regions across the globe where many of these spammers were originating.
· We are also deactivating any accounts we come across that look affected by this issue.
· Additionally, please know that we use best practices for safeguarding your information, and industry standard technologies to prevent unauthorized access to member accounts.
Our recommendations for you:
If at any time you are concerned that someone has unauthorized access to your DailyStrength account, you should:
· Change the password associated with the email address that you use to login to DailyStrength. You'll need to contact your email provider for instructions on how to do this.
· Change your DailyStrength account password by navigating to your own profile page and clicking on the orange "edit" button.
· Let us know by filling out this form
Please contact us via the submit a request form if you have any questions or concerns.