Colon Cancer Support Group

Colorectal cancer, also called colon cancer or bowel cancer, includes cancerous growths in the colon, rectum and appendix. Many colorectal cancers are thought to arise from mushroom-like growths that are usually benign, but some may develop into cancer over time. The majority of the time, the diagnosis of localized colon cancer is through colonoscopy.

0 Online
  • Glennat

Scared

Hi. Im new to this group. I am only 34 and have a 6 month old baby 4 year old and 6 year old. I had a colonoscopy in which they found a large mass. I had a MRI right away and am waiting on biopsy results. I have a feeling thisbhas been there for years. Im scared and this waiting is really hard. 
  • mrsvfox75

New to the group and recently diagnosed

On Sept.13th I was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer metastasized to the liver. I haven't started chemo yet. I am wondering if there is anyone out there that has any idea what is in store for me. I know not all people are the same or react the same but I would like to have an idea of what's next.
  • DarknessEmbraced

Worried because of ct scan moved up

I'm feeling worried because the hospital called and told me that the doctor wanted my yearly ct scans moved up from September 22nd from October 30th. I called the doctor's office and they wouldn't tell me why. I do see that doctor tomorrow for the rheumatologist referral so I will ask why it was moved up. I have been having more digestive issues lately. Even when my CA 125 was a little higher my...
  • Oldwoman

End game

Has anyone had experience with the end game experience with friend, loved one or patient with rectal cancer?  I do not intend for this question to be insensitive, but it looks like this is something I will be expereincing up close and personal and any information would be appreciated.
  • fibrefletch

Sigmoid tumour battle

Hi, I am due for my first chemotherapy on 15th Feb - i guess then it will become more 'real', although I have been through considerable torment with a stent proceedure in my Sigmoida few weeks ago, (1.5 hours on a trolley with only gas!) and still no firm biopsy report after several attempts including from liver (it has spread, not sure how much, I think just a little) The stent took a week at...
  • yorman1

Results from CT scan and blood work

Just got back from my semi annual appt. with my oncologist. It appears that all is well (thank God).. I found that the time does not begin until completion of chemo...In my case surgery on Dec 28/2012 chemo started in Feb. And ended  in July...so year one was July 2013 so of course July2017/represents 4 years cancer free. I will be getting another CT scan in January and complete my treatment in...
  • Sunrize78

One year later

Hello everyone. I was 38 when they found my tumor in my colon. It was removed and I had a left colectomy it didn't spread anywhere else but I had 6months of chemo in case. My first colonoscopy a year later it came out clear in sep 2017 I have my first scan but for now I am NED. I wanted to know if anyone still has problems with their bowels? I can go 6 times a day to being constipated I don't...
  • deleted_user

Colon cancer cured

I was diagnosed with colon cancer last summer at 43 years of age. I was blown off by doctors for 5 years due to my age. I finally had 9 inches of my colon removed in July. No chemo or radiation was needed and I am supposed to be cured. I fear that cancer will return one day but for now I am thankful. Don't let any doctor tell you that you are too young for colon cancer. Get a colonoscopy if you...
  • yorman1

4 yr check up

Just got back from oncologist she says all the results from blood and CT scan look great.... She scheduled me for an appt in July and told me to continue doing what I have been.  Prayers and Faith along with sensible eating and a bit of exercise. Surgery was done 12/28/2012..
  • satinydragon

Hi everyone. Had surgery on April 7th of this year. Diagnosed with colon cancer. Everything happened so fast. Diagnosed in March,  and surgery in april. It all just seemed like i went through a fast dream. I didnt need chemo or radiation. I guess i am one of the lucky ones. Just having some trouble with comprehending all that I have just gone through. Yes, I seem to be coming back to my old...
  • sharon64

Hello!

Just want to say hello to anyone that's been checking in!! Hope everyone is doing well and staying positive! sending Hugs to you all!
  • Linds30

Little Advice

I just went through my first round of Chemo for Stage 3, I am having a hard time with the side effects, wondering if anyone had tips on how to handle nausea and jus tthe over all crummy feeling?
  • yorman1

Happy Easter

Wishing all of you a Joyous Easter, may the good Lord bless us all.
  • CoreyB

Looking for any real experience info to help pls

Went in for indigestion and ended up with a diagnosis of aneo metastatic colon cancer, stage IV.  Have to say lot of info seems to be grim I been getting so looking for myself for real info on what to expect, progression, timeline, treatment stories and thought or anything really.Currently it was diagnosed in the liver is where they see it, 2.5cm sizes, not sure where that stands on size or what...
  • Aronia

Long term stage 4 remission

I wanted to share this for those of you fighting to stay alive.. 12 years ago I delivered my second child while just 1 floor up in the hospital my 73 YO FIL had a 5 cm tumor removed from his colon. I worked in health care and I knew it wasn't going to be good when the doctors announced that he also had mets to his liver and lung. I brought my baby with me to show him before I left the...