Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Support Group

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) describes a sense of exhaustion and post-exertion malaise, even when you have gotten enough rest and sleep. The disease is characterized by six months of incapacitating fatigue experienced as profound exhaustion and extremely poor stamina, and problems with concentration and short-term memory. The cause is unknown, but it is a debilitating condition that makes day-to-day life difficult for those who have it. Join the group and discuss treatment, symptoms, and lifestyle changes that have helped.

2 Online
  • Hi Everyone who is living with this physically, emotionally, and socially draining illness.  Since the changes in Daily Strength, I am missing all the good informational posts that used to be here.  Even if I didn't have the energy to write a lot, I could at least read about new ideas, treatments, strategies, etc. for dealing with this illness of ours.  Where did all those people go who used...
  • Ali5tair

My story of recovery

I might have lost 24kgs in my The Paleo Way 10 week activation program last year but the stuff I notice the most is how much I smile these days.I notice how still the room and the surrounding air is, the romantic intimacy of the air, how beautiful the colors are, how beautiful basic things are like taps or toilet roll holders or door furniture or architecture or people, how beautiful children...
  • turano93

Any suggestions for Zoloft

I have not been diagnosed with CFS but  I have all of the symptoms for about two years not I feel as though I can't do anything. I am a mother of 6 but being a mother has never exhausted me until 2 years ago. I can sleep all day my body always aches , im groggy, cant concertrate... I have headaches everyday. I have been to therapy diagnosed with depression. Therapy helped with some issuses...
  • Minimight

Pregnancy

Just a question if you knew but is experienced going through pregnancy with CFS and slew of other conditions. My husband and I are at a point in our life where we would like to start a family we waited while he first got married and we feel very secure now and our life together and it would  be wonderful to have a little bit of each of us in a little person but I have to admit I'm a little...
  • raghav

why??

i had everything but a single thing can make you so weak and take away your all happiness, your all talent You look good from outside but you know how weak are you from inside. I never feel so low in confidence 
  • Nina1959

wheelchair...

Hey all - been thinking about using my wheelchair more when I am going out. My mother had a friend who went into a nursing home and she bought me a power chair. I can't decide if it's smarter to use the chair to save energy and go out more; or to keep trying to walk a bit so I don't decompensate... What brought this on is that yesterday hubby needed help on the back porch for about 40 min and it...
  • Horizon

ME/CFS Weekly Phone Support Group

ME/CFS weekly phone support group Saturdays at 8pm EST. This is a peer to peer Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME support group. This call is designed to support one another through the hardships of this illness by listening and sharing experiences. Join us from the comfort of your own bed, with others who understand and want to talk about things like: symptoms, emotions, socializing, research,...
  • OllieTree

Its still a secret

Hey. I'm 14 years old and I think I've had CFS since 5th grade. I didn't know what it was back then. I first noticed it when one day I woke up and my head was foggy all day long and I was too tired to do anything. My muscles hurt no matter what I was doing as if I had run the mile. The next day I woke up fine. But after that I would wake up this way more and more often. Every night I was scared...
  • Bluebonnet08

Saline IVs

I think I've posted about this before, but I started doing saline IVs last year as a treatment.  So far, I feel like it has been a help to me.  I get them after I do any bloodwork, after my period, and after dealing with an illness.  It seems to help get me out of a crash state.  It also improves my BP and pulse for about a week afterwards.  It's not a miracle, but it does help manage the...
  • KarlHungus

What is wrong with me?

37yr old male. super active and fit. weight lifting, cycling, yoga, boxing, hiking, etc. super healthy.Sorry for the long story, but I just was reading up on CFS and SEID and it seems to fit my symptoms all too well.I have had little bits of anxiety throughout my life and several panic attacks over the years, but never anything super serious. My dad died 4 years ago and for 3 years I was doing...
  • puff

Questions

Hi All, i just joined this group after reading some of your posts.  For 7 years i have suffered from what at first was thought to be MS.  Then i got diagnosed with Giant Cell Arteritis and took large doses of prednisone for almost 5 years.  Now that is gone, and the tests for MS are just borderline above the normal high, so they did more MRI's to see if it might be small vessel brain disease....
  • lue17

Abilify; have I found my magic pill?

Hello everyone, I don't post very often but I would like to share how great I feel.  I was prescribed 2mg/per day of Abilify to take in combination with the Cymbalta I have been on for over a year.  The result of this combination is fantastic.  The brain fog has lifted completely and I have enough energy to go through my day without napping at all.  Before taking this pill, my two naps a day...
  • triunfadora

Healing the divide

Good morning, my dear friends.  This post is not meant to be necesarilly political in nature.  I just want to recognize that, no matter where you stand on last night's election, we have a lot of healing to do.  It can be easy to look to political candidates to "rescue us" from the mess, but I believe that the real work is on the ground level.  As indiviuals, when we reach out to those around...
  • gabe2012

help I need a decision by tomorrow

I am a university professor working part time since I was bedridded with cfs from 2010 to 2012. I have been recovering since then and now I have been feeling ok for months. I made the decision to work full time starting in January 2017. But a problem arose. I had severe insomnia last thursday and again last night. That is not a big deal in itself. The problem is that I am afraid I will develop...
  • Nina1959

miss you all so much

Hi - Hubby goes back to work 11/21. I've loved this time with him but his knee replacement has taken it out of both of us. Any energy I had over the summer is long gone and I can't even cook the right foods right now. I'm so crashed that it will take a while for me to get back with it, seeing the doc Friday to maybe get some help.Also this site is too much for me to try to navigate, but as soon...