Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Support Group

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) describes a sense of exhaustion and post-exertion malaise, even when you have gotten enough rest and sleep. The disease is characterized by six months of incapacitating fatigue experienced as profound exhaustion and extremely poor stamina, and problems with concentration and short-term memory. The cause is unknown, but it is a debilitating condition that makes day-to-day life difficult for those who have it. Join the group and discuss treatment, symptoms, and lifestyle changes that have helped.

1 Online
  • Nina1959

fumble fingers?

Quicky question -How many here have the dropsies, all the time?I literally dropped 31 things one day this weekend that I counted.Just wondering if this is a common ME/CFS symptom or if I should be looking at my Hashimotos or something else.If it matters, I have almost zero fingerprints anymore. My skin is so smooth on my fingers I have to wear gloves even to drive and do wear gardening gloves or...
  • aussiedi

Sleep Meds

Hello there. I'm just wondering how many of you are on permanent sleep medications ,either chemical or natural. If so, what do you take and do you have side effects ? I'm bedbound at present and struggling with severe insomnia again. I have tried numerous natural remedies over the years and if any of those worked, it would be for a short period only, and then useless. I have taken various...
  • Lynx492

Dr. Charles Lapp

This is a great video of Dr. Lapp givng an overview of me/cfs. It is long, about an hour and 20 minutes. I am splitting it up and gradually watching it. He discusses new diagnosis criteria, treatments, how to not crash, etc.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTzfWs6Fhl4
  • Bluebonnet08

Small Town Vs City

Just a question.. do you think where we live makes a difference in stress level/functionality?  I've been living in a very large city for the past 8 years with this illness and it's been quite hard.  Sometimes I wonder if moving to a smaller town would help reduce stress (decreased traffic, pollution & increased safety, etc).  What do you think?  Does it make any difference at all?  
  • Bluebonnet08

Has anything helped?

What is the thing that has helped you most so far with this illness (if anything)?  Thought it might be helpful to share.  I've tried a multitude of treatments and most have made me worse.  The one thing that has helped a little has been saline IVs every two weeks.  I only get half a bag, now with a little bit of B-12 added to it.  It helps my blood pressure overall, lowers my HR, and keeps...
  • aussiedi

Reach Out

If any of our members here are feeling lonely, or neglected ,or struggling to cope, please reach out for help. Remember that lovely song by James Taylor....winter spring summer or fall...now all you gotta do is call...and I'll be there...You've got a friend....Aint it good to know you've  got a friend.  Anyway,  I can't remember the name of the song right now, but you know what I mean. We're...
  • thesleepingfury90

Losing Hope

Hi, I am new to online support groups but am falling desperate so I'm giving this a try. Three years ago I developed a severe case of mononucleosis. I was bedridden for two months and had to take a leave from my work. Ever since contracting this virus, I have not felt the same both physically and psychologically. I experiece unrefreshed sleep, I feel as if every day is the same, constant...
  • megan54

probably only documentary on CFS. I Remember Me

I just tearfully finished watching for the 3rd tine is 17 years, the film by Kim Snyder called I Remember Me. It came out in 2000 and I first saw it as our local Fibromyalgia/ CFS organization had a showing at a local theater. I'm not sure if it hit the main film circuit or not, but the writer, producer, and fellow CFS survivor has since produced many award winning films.  The film is a...
  • M.L.

Ears and pain

Has anyone been diagnosed with hyperacusis?  I think I may have it.
  • M.L.

In for the long haul

Anyone else online who has  been ill for multiple years?  Like 30+?  Trying to find ways to occupy myself when I am unable to move around physically and have trouble focusing for long periods, and that's when I found this on-line support group.  Are there only doctors who offer herbal remedies or are there doctors who offer real medical help?  Decades into this disease we are still searching...
  • Rosi

Has anyone here been diagnosed with MGUS or know s

Has anyone here been diagnosed with MGUS or know much about it?   The reason I ask is because this was on my chart/labs some 12 years ago and because I was busy being treated for CFS and Lyme , nothing really was said about it.   Early on,  I went to an oncologist and they did a scan and I came up 'clear'.   Now,  I am following it up with a hematologist for the past year and a half.  They...
  • Susuof2

Spouse Support

My hubby was diagnosed with CFS/ME about 6 months ago but has had severe symptoms for more than a year (bed bound 90% of the time) and has had mild to moderate symptoms for about 6 years.  Are there any other spouses on here?  
  • cmiat

Just a note on posts.

I just want to say that sometimes when someone writes a long post or reply, I can't read it because I can't keep track of where I'm up to for that long.  However, if the same length of writing is broken up into paragraphs with a line between I find it easier to follow.  I've started to always do this if I'm posting a longer reply in hopes that it will be helpful to others too.
  • Booklvr

Is M.E. really a neurological disease?

I'm new here... hi.  I was diagnosed with M.E. about 5 years ago. I'm really struggling, emotionally. Recently I saw a neurologist who, after reviewing my MRI, confirmed that I do not have MS (that's what they were testing for). Nor do I have anything wrong neurologically.I cried at the diagnosis. I was actually hoping I had MS! I though I could get treated and maybe feel better. Even remission...
  • SoCalCFS

IBS and CFS

I have a couple questions but first some background information... In my 20's & early 30's I had a lot of issues with IBS and then they stopped. Fast forward and when I was 51 I got a bad sore throat (about a month after having the shingles) which turned into laryngitis. When my voice came back my energy immediately disappeared. That was the beginning of my CFS (although it took a year to be...