Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Support Group

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) describes a sense of exhaustion and post-exertion malaise, even when you have gotten enough rest and sleep. The disease is characterized by six months of incapacitating fatigue experienced as profound exhaustion and extremely poor stamina, and problems with concentration and short-term memory. The cause is unknown, but it is a debilitating condition that makes day-to-day life difficult for those who have it. Join the group and discuss treatment, symptoms, and lifestyle changes that have helped.

0 Online
  • cofi94

So sick and tired of always being sick and tired!

Hello good people... I'm writing this as the last resort after a true hell of a year because, despite my and my family's and therapists' best efforts, the things have only got worse, and I have sunk into deep depression and almost completely lost hope and will to live, but am still very afraid to try suicide and still have a spark of hope that things could get better (but am afraid that I...
  • cmiat

It's always worse after I've been better.

Does anyone else find that?  You have a bit of a remission and when you relapse, it's a struggle to have to let go of it all again.  I think this most recent one has been the worst because even though it was not a huge improvement, it lasted quite a long time - several weeks.  I was gradually managing to catch up on some of the things that had not been done since I moved into this house 3...
  • Nina1959

Pain vs fatigue

So, I'm wondering....If you had to rank physical pain vs fatigue - which would be your most debilitating issue?I have muscle/joint pain mostly from myofascial pain syndrome and arthritis. I'm also fat so my weight is harder on my legs. It certainly slows me down and makes life difficult, but, if I take meds for it; it generally is not a factor in moving about my day to the point it would keep my...
  • 2Bfree1day

Other things that go missing with CFS

Some random thoughts about CFS/ME. First, this background, I’ve been a sufferer since 1997, and am a high functioning CFS’er. I can usually work a solid 2 days in a row before I get a crash, but I always end up getting a crash. I’m seldom bedridden, but definitely have major crashes in the manner we’re all familiar with, the post-exertional malaise. When people who aren’t sufferers...
  • rosco84

CFS - My cure after 15 years

I’ve written this testimony, hoping that it can help other people who look to these forums for guidance. I myself, used to go online, searching for any glimmer of hope or new piece of information I could find to help with the chronic fatigue I’d experienced for 15 years. Here is my story and how I have navigated my way back to a happier and healthy life. I’m now a 33 year old man, I work...
  • Lilly23

Can't take life

Feeling real down lately. I don't know what else to say. My life seems so hopeless. I have chronic fatigue every single day and it makes it impossible to do much. It's been this way for most of my life and it robs me of SO much. Plus life's been very hard for me due to a lot of abuse starting in childhood. I feel like I can't take it anymore. So much is wearing on me and has been for so long and...
  • Nina1959

ME facebook group

Found one with some nice folks if anyone wants to head over... #MEAction Living w/ ME Support Grouphttps://www.facebook.com/groups/211058135999671/
  • tinalxo

Losing hope

Im new to this forum (well any online forum concerning this), and I'm just hoping I can find anything that could help me feel better. Like literally anything at all. I've had health issues ever since birth. I have EDS (joint hyper mobility) which has been around since the start and made things difficult for me, but overall my joints aren't my main concern anymore. When I was about 13 is when I...
  • LouiseS

Enterovirus testing

Just want to urge everyone to get blood tests for antibodies to Coxsackie B and the closely related Echoviruses.  The Enterovirus Foundation and Enteroviruses.com have links on their websites.  They only recommend testing by serum neutralization. Don't use polymerase chain reaction tests.  They are not very sensitive.
  • rjodo

Shoemaker Protocol

Does anybody on the listserve have experience as a patient with the protocol developed by Dr. Shoemaker for Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS) as described at www.survivingmold.com?  I went through the protocol and have been helped tremendously by it, from basically bedridden to full-time employed.  Feeling much better.  I'm unaware of anybody who has had a bad outcome on it....
  • energylost

CFS and ELECTROLYTE IMBALANCE

https://draxe.com/electrolyte-imbalance/One of the symptoms described is CHRONIC FATIGUE so this is why I thought this article may be helpful to others here.
  • https://www.holtorfmed.com/low-dose-naltrexone-ldn/?platform=hootsuiteI hope this article to helpful knowledge to the group
  • lindasch100

movie about CFS "Unrest"

Jennifer Brea has CFS and is a wonderful spokesperson for all of us.  "28 year-old Jennifer Brea is working on her PhD at Harvard and soon to be engaged to the love of her life when she gets a mysterious fever that leaves her bedridden and looking for answers. Disbelieved by doctors and determined to live, she turns her camera on herself and her community, a hidden world of millions confined to...
  • Sunvalleygal

2 years with CFS and RA

Here is my story of what I have been thru so far w/ severe CFS and RA.Namaste,Sunhttp://www.chronicfatiguehealing.com/p/2-years-with-ra-and-cfs.html
  • deleted_user

Risk Fcators for severe CFS/ME

RISK FACTORS FOR SEVERE ME/CFSPheby D and Saffron L. Biology and Medicine (2009); 1 (4): 50 - 74This very comprehensive questionnaire based research study was carried out by Dr Derek Pheby and colleagues at the Unit of Applied Epidemiology, University of the West of England. The research was funded by The ME Association's Ramsay Research Fund.The conclusions were obtained using information...