Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Support Group

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) describes a sense of exhaustion and post-exertion malaise, even when you have gotten enough rest and sleep. The disease is characterized by six months of incapacitating fatigue experienced as profound exhaustion and extremely poor stamina, and problems with concentration and short-term memory. The cause is unknown, but it is a debilitating condition that makes day-to-day life difficult for those who have it. Join the group and discuss treatment, symptoms, and lifestyle changes that have helped.

1 Online
1 Online
  • Hello Dear Friends,Does raising your knees above your head feel better? Do you need something for that?Make Your Own for UNDER $5!!In the Home and Outdoor Living section of your preferred warehouse-disguised-as-a-one-stop-shop-for-everything-you-need-and-wantand buy three or four noodles – you know, those foam things for the pool. They're on clearance right now, 50% off. I got mine at Wally...
  • FerFer

Hair loss??

Hi there, I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced hairloss with their ME/CFS? I've been sick for 25 years but just recently in the past few years have had some substantial hair loss! My hair has always been thin and fine but it's really thin now...it's embarassing! I know meds can cause hair loss but not really sure if that's the culprit! Just thought i'd throw that question out and see if...
  • 2DanceAgain

Changing your status

I sent this request to Daily Strength.How do you change our status? Not the mood, the words describing our latest status.This was their response.Thank you for writing in. The feature you are referring to is still in development and has not yet been released on the site. We are working quickly to get this and other features on the site.We apologize for any inconvenience that this matter may be...
  • My sister posted this on Facebook. I don't have FM myself, just CFS, but I thought a lot of you would be interested. Here's the link, I hope it works:http://guardianlv.com/2013/06/fibromyalgia-mystery-finally-solved/
  • kaliska

This site is a mess

The header takes up a third of the page and I can't sort through anything. It's taking forever to get down the threads because they take up over the remaining 1/3rd of the page and helpful information such as number of replies. I can't use this as is and I can't find options to modify it enough. I guess I have to find another forum.
  • Ta11i

Constantly apologising!

Recently I have a big crash, as big and tough as when I first was diagnosed. It has meant all the responsabilities, small and large, that I have slowly built up into my daily routine over the past two years, I am having to let go. I am cancelling big things, daily routine things, work, family, friends, bla, bla, bla. I am also finding that the peace I thought I had made with CFS can only have...
  • ME/CFS weekly phone support group starting Saturdays at 8pm EST. This is a peer to peer Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME support group. This call is designed to support one another through the hardships of this illness by listening and sharing experiences. Join us from the comfort of your own bed, with others who understand and want to talk about things like: symptoms, emotions, socializing,...
  • MaxPB

Affirmations for health

Hi friendsEditing my new book and found comfort int he following affirmations. Thought you may also.From " I Speak Prosperity" - Max PatrickAsk⦁Demons of fear, disease and decay I command thee now to run away , run and cast yourself into the sea, you have no further home in me.Believe⦁My body I love you I know you are mine, you are the reflection of spirit divine. My body my temple my gift...
  • Hey everyone. The San Francisco protest is coming up! I'm trying to gather pictures of individuals too sick to attend or unable to attend a protest. This will be vital and I hope will be the beginning of a very long wall of photos. You can send before or after photos. It doesn't matter. You can send a picture of yourself in your prime with how long you've been sick! I know it can feel like a...
  • grylls33

help!!!

does anybody have any tops on how to deal with cronic fatigue syndrome?...especilly sleep because i raly have enough sleep to cover for the day, i also have muscualr dystrophy wihcih probaly doesnt help either.
  • RichieD

What?

We have to get the description of ME/CFS in our group header fixed. The illness is definitely not "a sense of exhaustion that isn't caused by exertion". We aren't just people who feel tired for unknown reasons, it's a physical illness with actual symptoms like any other illness.
  • triunfadora

Sweating it out

I was wondering if any of you have trouble with sweating when you are not hot. I wake up every night, soaked through, but I'm not hot. I can tell that the room is not too warm. I have noticed that especially when my glands are swollen, I tend to break out into more sweats. Everyone assumes they are hot flashes, but it feels different than a hot flash because I'm not feeling hot at all. I'm...
  • jebias

WTF?

This new format sucks. I can't find threads or reply to posts or scan recent topics. Daily Strength, what did you do?!
  • Been experimenting with something energy wise and having a bit of success. Thought I'd share. We know our mitochondria are a mess, we also know we have "bugs" in our stomach that don't belong there and are missing some as well. So, I postulated that maybe due to those issues we don't use our reserve energy well. I mean, I have all this fat to burn, you'd think I'd be the energizer Nina. But the...
  • okiebug

Short Leg

Hi Everyone,I went to a chiropractor quite a few years ago for some back problems, while checking me over he found my right leg is a little shorter than my left. He gave me inserts, back adjustments and also treated my TMJ. It helped, but was pretty expensive. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if so how to do you handle it? Thanks for any help.