Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Support Group

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) describes a sense of exhaustion and post-exertion malaise, even when you have gotten enough rest and sleep. The disease is characterized by six months of incapacitating fatigue experienced as profound exhaustion and extremely poor stamina, and problems with concentration and short-term memory. The cause is unknown, but it is a debilitating condition that makes day-to-day life difficult for those who have it. Join the group and discuss treatment, symptoms, and lifestyle changes that have helped.

2 Online
  • sami9

Lasting Muscle Pain

I have had lower calf and upper leg muscle pain for two months.  Have been to the doctor with all checking out good.  Does anyone else experience this type of pain that has been diagnosed with CFS?  Any help appreciated!
  • terry_39000000

hi looking for someone to talk to

hi i am looking for someone to talk to who is going through the same as i am and that is chronic fatigue syndrome really need a freind or freinds who have the same problem as me to talk to and maybe we can guide each other through are recovery really stuck dont know where to turn or who to go to hopefully here from someone take care people
  • Nina1959

Something... ordinary... How's the Weather?

We get heavy here a lot and that is necessary in a support group but sometimes you just want to chat about ordinary things.So, we're from all over the world..How's the weather where you are this month - August 2017?Here in the New England area of USA it is Summer. It's temperate for August in the mid to high 80s F (30 C) daytime and high 50s F (14 C) at night. We get a bit more rain in the form...
  • Angel77

Total Healing

HI all, I wrote a few months ago about some of the healing I found through Grounding (or Earthing) in regards to massively bringing down the inflammation and helping me get out of what I call a very acute stage of the sickness.  I am writing today because I am completely better today.  And it is because of nothing I did, but only the power of Believing in what Jesus did.  It has now been 8...
  • randomcarbon

Finding the right Doctor

Hi all. I just joined today because I'm very stressed and unsure of what to do. I have had chornic fatigue symptoms for just about 4 years now and it got so bad I had to leave my job in February. Now I am in the process of applying for disability. In order to apply, social security is requesting to talk to my doctor. But while I strongly suspect that I have chronic fatigue syndrome, I have yet to...
  • M.L.

Severe M.E. day

Caught this in my e-mail today.  I had never heard of it but think it's important.  August 8 Understanding and Remembrance day for Severely Affected M. E. Patients.  Check out www.meadvocacy.org/severe_me_day_understanding_and_awareness
  • aussiedi

Testing

Nothing is working for me on this site.Will see if this goes through.
  • Nina1959

4th try - copy before you hit send!

Not only am I (are you?) having trouble signing in but it's eating posts, so before you click send, a suggestion to copy your text because you will probably need it...sigh... Old DS we miss you!
  • eo213

Naturopath

Hello!Im wondering if anyone has sought out a Naturopathic Doctor for teatment of Fatigue. If so, was it helpful at all?  I am seeing one for the first time in a few days, and was wondering what to expect. I have my doubts..
  • Scarlytte

Looking for friends

Hi everybody. I thought maybe I'd post here because I know plenty of normal people in my life who don't understand CFS at all. It's lonely to be the only one you know who has this disease so I thought it might be good to go on this site and meet more people from around the world. So I'm Charlotte from Canada trying to get by one day at a time, anybody else out there?
  • Starsister

CFS/ME vs Fibro

Im curious if anyone else wonders why there arent more members on the CFS group compared to thd Fibro. Is it because Fibro is more accepted in the medical community so folks just seek out the term the doc used? How many believe these are two distinct and different illnesses...of that you truly have one over the other.  What do you see as the differences. Im in both groups because i relate to...
  • CheeseCat

Air conditioning causes muscle pain?

I know this sounds weird, but I've been having this problem for 2 years.Last year my boyfriend and I lived in a rented room with an old air conditioner. It couldn't be set with fixed temperature. After few hours running the air conditioning, the room temperature dropped to about 23 degrees Celsius (73.4 F). The temperature drop made me more exhausted. With the air conditioning on, I also...
  • Nina1959

Fingerprints

This came up in another of my posts.How many of you have fingerprints that are almost non existent at this point?If so, how long since DX with CFS.Also, do you have a DX of an autoimmune disorder? Like Hashimotos, lupus, etc.Curious if the phenomenon is autoimmune in origin or a CFS issue.Also going to ask on the Hashis group.
  • Bluebonnet08

Has anything helped?

What is the thing that has helped you most so far with this illness (if anything)?  Thought it might be helpful to share.  I've tried a multitude of treatments and most have made me worse.  The one thing that has helped a little has been saline IVs every two weeks.  I only get half a bag, now with a little bit of B-12 added to it.  It helps my blood pressure overall, lowers my HR, and keeps...
  • Bluebonnet08

Small Town Vs City

Just a question.. do you think where we live makes a difference in stress level/functionality?  I've been living in a very large city for the past 8 years with this illness and it's been quite hard.  Sometimes I wonder if moving to a smaller town would help reduce stress (decreased traffic, pollution & increased safety, etc).  What do you think?  Does it make any difference at all?