Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Support Group

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) describes a sense of exhaustion and post-exertion malaise, even when you have gotten enough rest and sleep. The disease is characterized by six months of incapacitating fatigue experienced as profound exhaustion and extremely poor stamina, and problems with concentration and short-term memory. The cause is unknown, but it is a debilitating condition that makes day-to-day life difficult for those who have it. Join the group and discuss treatment, symptoms, and lifestyle changes that have helped.

0 Online
  • Star_gazer

Dealing with unsupportive family

Hello everyone,I'm currently dealing with a very unsupportive family who thinks that my fatigue is just stress or psychosomatic despite the scientific evidence I present to them. As I'm sure many of you had a similar experience at one point or another and could maybe share your any tips about this issue. I'm 24 years old, currently a student trying to do my best to graduate university after a few...
  • triunfadora

Update on vertigo

Hi, everyone.  I just wanted to give an update on the vertigo.  I really appreciate everyone's input.  It turns out it was the issue that several of you mentioned about calcium crystals in the ear.  I went to the neuro who sent me to the PT for treatment.  The PT was able to diagnose it when I went there.  She was able to get the crystals to move and then I had to keep my head still for...
  • emeraldeyes55

Still no diagnosis after 2 years

I'm going to try a Naturopath and see if I can get any help. I've been to all kinds of regular doctors and the only thing that they done is several time increase my Vitamin D to 8,000 IUs and 800 mg Magnesium. They are watching my Parathyroid as antibodies were normal but low normal. I'm not having so much brain fog but the weather has changed again to unsettled stormy and my eyelids are at half...
  • butterflii410

Food Allergy

I've read and heard that food allergies can possibly be the cause of CFS.  I tried going gluten free but it was hard.  Right now, I just found out that I may be lactose intolerant.  I've quit all straight dairy but my dr. said I can eat things with milk in them; she prefers that I do this.  Anyway, I feel awful.  My stomach and back itch, I'm bloated and uncomfortable, I am more tired then...
  • misskris

First Post

Hello everyone,I'm new to this community and this is my first post. I've struggled with chronic fatigue for a very long time. I'm 27 years old. For years, the chronic fatigue has been very challenging, but I've always found a way to manage. This is the first time that I am truly uncertain about being able to meet the demands of everyday life. I'm a wife, mother, and a graduate...
  • Bluebonnet08

How long have you been sick?

Just curious as to how long everyone has been sick & if it's stayed the same or improved/gotten worse over time?I've been sick now for 11 years, starting at the age of 22.  It started with mono, food poisoning, a flu shot, and a bad reaction to a birth control pill (all in a few weeks).  The first year I was bedridden.  I was very sick for 3 years (in & out of the ER, no energy, highly...
  • Bluebonnet08

CFS and throat issues

Thought this was fascinating!  My illness started with mono and SEVERE throat pain that lasted for about 3-4 months!  I still feel an achy/sore throat when I'm very tired.  I would love to learn more and maybe even get tested for this!  http://www.meresearch.org.uk/news/nose-and-throat-inflammation/
  • Angel77

Healing Breakthrough!! Getting my life back

Hi everyone, I am still new to this site...maybe a month.  In fact, today is the one month mark of me trying a new remedy.  After getting my diagnosis that took about two years to get, long story, I was feeling pretty desperate.  One evening I was reminded of an Earthing kit that my cousin had given me almost exactly two years ago.  What brought it to mind was recalling that the best I have...
  • Riri_79

First support group... first post..

Hi, have had cfs since i was 16. i'm now 38. anyone online?
  • Asteroid

Worried...starting a new job this week

After seven months of (mostly) unemployment, a really cool company chose me to fill a high-profile role.  This new job concerns me, because of high expectations to perform and it would devastate me to fail.  During my hiatus, it allowed me to do a bunch of enjoyable activities, including getting tons of rest (sleep, naps, lounging, etc.). The position will require me to be constantly alert and...
  • triunfadora

Question about vertigo

Hey, all.  I have had extreme vertigo since last Friday.  I can't quite pinpoint why.  I get a wave of it every 10-15 minutes.  It is worse when I lie down, which is strange to me because I usually get dizzy when I'm standing.  If I turn my head in bed, I get super dizzy.  If I close my eyes, I almost pass out.  Do any of you have worse vertigo when you lie down?  If so, do you know why?...
  • aussiedi

Spreading Love and Prayers For Falconwings

Dear DS friends ,would you please help me in supporting my friend Falconwings.She is feeling very alone and struggling with cancer on top of long term cfs.She has just completed 33 sessions of radiation and is suffering so much..Falconwings is a compassionate, humble and gentle soul who gives so much to others.Could we please start a chain here on this page for her so she can hold onto it tightly...
  • Nina1959

Some new proof

https://sciencealert.com/one-of-the-biggest-myths-about-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-just-got-destroyed
  • aussiedi

Anybody there

Hello is there anybody there to talk to Im really down.Not coping very well at all Di
  • Bluebonnet08

Health Apps

Does anyone use or know of an app that helps you track your symptoms day to day?  Thanks :)