Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Support Group

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) describes a sense of exhaustion and post-exertion malaise, even when you have gotten enough rest and sleep. The disease is characterized by six months of incapacitating fatigue experienced as profound exhaustion and extremely poor stamina, and problems with concentration and short-term memory. The cause is unknown, but it is a debilitating condition that makes day-to-day life difficult for those who have it. Join the group and discuss treatment, symptoms, and lifestyle changes that have helped.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Mrswinchester82

Endless cycle

I am 34 years old and have given up on Doctors for help in what I firmly believe is CFS. I have been dealing with these terrible symptoms for the past 5 years and have not found any measure of relief. I am a nother of 2 and maintain a full time job as a teacher. However Ive just become very good at hiding my pain and exhaustion with fake smiles and an autopilot mentality. I often want to do so...
  • http://m.pnas.org/content/early/2016/08/24/1607571113.full
  • Hello all,Through the last couple weeks, aswell as my usual symptoms, Ive had broken sleep every night, fever, chest pain and heavy left side chest and shoulder, extra nausea, headaches, vertigo and am basically unable to sit up for longer than a few minutes (usually I can for around half an hour before having to lie down again, POTS related ofc), about a week ago I had what I assumed was a panic...
  • Hey everyone! VITAL NEWS. We have a letter sponsored by Congressional Representatives being sent to the director of the NIH. This is the culmination of years work for some. We NEED this so very badly. The congressional team has made an easy to follow guide to email and call your representative. It walks you through everything. The deadline is 8/31 for signatures. So it's important this is done...
  • cmiat

Other people's profiles

Is it just that I can't find it, or is there no way to see someone else's profile on this site now - even a friend's? It's how I used to initially get to know a bit about new people (not that I'm all that 'old' myself) and I find it frustrating not to be able to do it any more.
  • Chat room for house/bed-bound sufferers within my demographic. Its hard to maintain relationships when you're affected so badly, but important. So it's great to talk to peers who also understand your situation perfectly.
  • Lupin1

Electrosensitivity

A friend of mine is convinced that I need to limit exposure to electromagnetic fields, ie laptops, mobile phones, router, TV etc. I am sofa bound and spend all day in a room with all of these things and they are the main reason I am still sane after 4 years of being housebound. I've never noticed that I am electrosensitive... What do you think? Does anyone experience this as a factor? I don't...
  • cmiat

Discovery about this site.

I have just worked out that if you click on the "back to all posts" button, you get one list of previous posts, but if you click on "dailystrength" at the top of the page, you get another. There is an overlap in what's listed and the "dailystrength" button lists journal posts as well, but not some of the posts that are on "back to all posts". Talk about inconsistant!
  • Rosi

I'm 'back' also.

Just like Nina, I'm back also. Received a password tonight. Had to change my name to Rosi from Rosa. I feel like I'm relearning to type really. Haven't been able to post an icon or profile although I tried some 4 months ago. Not sure how to 'friend' anyone. So, if any of you from before would like to refriend me, that's fine. At least I'll feel...
  • The Faces Of ME: Missing 7 Years Of My Life – http://huff.to/2bvIoJP Learning Firsthand About Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – http://nyti.ms/1as74hv #MillionsMissing #StopTheStigma #ME #CFS #CureME
  • FerFer

Hair loss??

Hi there, I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced hairloss with their ME/CFS? I've been sick for 25 years but just recently in the past few years have had some substantial hair loss! My hair has always been thin and fine but it's really thin now...it's embarassing! I know meds can cause hair loss but not really sure if that's the culprit! Just thought i'd throw that question out and see if...
  • SophieKate

Hello!

Hi guys! I recently joined a support group near where I live, however, I found it was difficult to connect to the few that were well enough to come. I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome about two years ago in my final few years of school. I have tried various aproaches to fix some of my symptoms, however the worst symptom I have had has been my severe headaches (possibly from tiredness?)...
  • MaxPB

Chronic Fatigue audiobook

Loving this audiobook by Deepak Chopra. I particularly appreciate the thoughtful way in which he has distinguished Chronic Fatigue Syndrome from the general experience of chronic fatigue.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx2lDBcy1xoFinding it helpful, hope you do too. In fact, it would be great if you could also share a link to one of your favorite healing audiobooks.
  • RichieD

What?

We have to get the description of ME/CFS in our group header fixed. The illness is definitely not "a sense of exhaustion that isn't caused by exertion". We aren't just people who feel tired for unknown reasons, it's a physical illness with actual symptoms like any other illness.
  • Hi All,I'm Rob. I am a 32 year old male and I have been struggling with severe fatigue for almost 2 years and needless to say it gets really rough at times. I have somehow been able to maintain a career in the mortgage induatry but I feel like it could collapse at any moment. My fatigue presents itself with lots of dizziness, cognitive fog, visual disturbances and weird ear issues (constant...