Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Support Group

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) describes a sense of exhaustion and post-exertion malaise, even when you have gotten enough rest and sleep. The disease is characterized by six months of incapacitating fatigue experienced as profound exhaustion and extremely poor stamina, and problems with concentration and short-term memory. The cause is unknown, but it is a debilitating condition that makes day-to-day life difficult for those who have it. Join the group and discuss treatment, symptoms, and lifestyle changes that have helped.

0 Online
  • melsa-aus

Advice needed please - new to group

Hi all,I am new to the group, I am not officially diagnosed with anything yet, I'm having a hard enough time getting anyone to take me seriously enough to look past the visible issues (which there are not many). I need some advice on what type of doctor to see next, if any, and what I can do to help myself as I am currently feeling very low due to my recent doctor visits. A bit about me and my...
  • Hope2Heal

CFS AND RELATIONSHIPS

Does anyone else find relationships are hard to come by when you have CFS or other health problems?  I met a gentleman who was willing to overlook my health because "I was a sweetheart" (his words, not mine).  According to him, I was worth it.  Well, today he let me know he could never live with my health issues so we parted ways.  It was very hurtful.
  • megan54

needing coaching on how to use this site

I have to admit i need some advice on DS before keep making more goofs!  For one, im not even sure this is being posted to the Fibro group..it says muscle and bone at the top..is our Fibro group a subgroup?And could someone please explain to me the journal and "friend" features? If we write something in the journal is it private or can anyone read it? Is it only visible to "friends"? What...
  • ARGibson

New To The Group

Hi friends.I was just officially diagnosed with ME/CFS today after seeing a ton of different doctors over the past year for my symptoms. I wanted to introduce myself to the group, and thank everyone who is on it. I have done lots of group therapy in the past and since I could not find a physical support group near me, this is the second best, and I know I will need support as I want to give...
  • 2DanceAgain

ME/CFS Awareness Day

• Hope2Heal

Why did this Flare Happen?

Once again, I'm down with a CFS flare, complete with Post Exertional Malaise, and wondering what I did to trigger it.  I just read an article from ScienceDaily saying, "A recent study conducted by researchers at the University of Alabama at Birmingham and Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine published in PLOS ONE shows that symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome, a complex and...
  • mlr0853

Golden Girl

Has anyone heard from Cheryl....silence since the end of March...thanks in advance of any knowledge, ml
  • Hope2Heal

CFS AND GOING GLUTEN-FREE

I have experienced more CFS crashes since going gluten-free nearly 3 months ago.  I am glad I went gluten-free, because it did help me in so many ways.  In the beginning, the gluten withdrawal was horrible, the worst of which lasted two weeks.  Fatigue is a symptom of gluten withdrawal, and it seems to have lingered.  And, as I said, I seem to go into CFS crashes more frequently.  I can...
  • Bluebonnet08

Your daily routine

Just curious about what your daily routine looks like?  I know everyone will differ.. but do you stay in bed or in the house most of the time?Some days are better for me, so it varies.  Regardless, I still have to lie down quite often!  I wish I could be "out and about" more often.
  • Hope2Heal

Depression and CFS

Why does depression have to be part of CFS?  I could take the physical symptoms much better if depression didn't interfere.  I truly do have CFS, but sometimes worry it's just depression and anxiety.  Antidepressants are out of the question for me.  They do the opposite.  Can anyone explain why depression is part of CFS?  Is there some scientific explanation I'm not aware of? 
  • Rosi

Finding Answers for ME/CFS and FM: Human Heart

I received an email today from 'Health Rising'.   It's a website that talks about CFS and there are many interesting articles on there.   Maybe some of you are familiar with it.  For those of you who may not have seen it,  there was an article  on there titled: "Finding  Answers for ME/CFS and FM,  Human Heart, Cosmic Heart by Remy.  If you do a search,  it should come up.     ...
  • Hope2Heal

Antiviral Medications

Has anyone in here benefited from antiviral medications like Acyclovir or L-Lysine?
  • Bluebonnet08

CFS and throat issues

Thought this was fascinating!  My illness started with mono and SEVERE throat pain that lasted for about 3-4 months!  I still feel an achy/sore throat when I'm very tired.  I would love to learn more and maybe even get tested for this!  http://www.meresearch.org.uk/news/nose-and-throat-inflammation/
  • Hope2Heal

Is ME the same exact thing as CFS?

I don't understand what ME is in conjunction with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  Anyone have a simple explanation?
  • Bluebonnet08

Pulmonologist?

Has anyone seen a pulmonologist?  I've seen a cardiologist and several doctors that specialize in autonomic disorders.  I've also seen a sleep study.  I wasn't able to perform one of my autonomic tests because I couldn't blow hard enough.  During my sleep study my oxygen fell to 92% at night, which they said was low but not "too low".  I also had 8 respitory events per hour.  They said I...