Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Support Group

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) describes a sense of exhaustion and post-exertion malaise, even when you have gotten enough rest and sleep. The disease is characterized by six months of incapacitating fatigue experienced as profound exhaustion and extremely poor stamina, and problems with concentration and short-term memory. The cause is unknown, but it is a debilitating condition that makes day-to-day life difficult for those who have it. Join the group and discuss treatment, symptoms, and lifestyle changes that have helped.

1 Online
  • FerFer

Hot, cold, hot, cold....ahhhhhhh

Is it just me or do we all get this: One minute i'm hot so i take off the covers (in bed) or a sweatern(our of bed) etc, then a few minutes later i'm cold and pulling the covers back on or putting the sweater back on.....this repeats all day and night, every day and night! It's driving me NUTS! Is it CFS or perimenopause or soemthing else? I'm 52 and have had this going on for years, but really...
  • jamielynne86

New here and struggling

Hi Everyone, I have resisted finding a support group, online or otherwise, since I was diagnosed because I kept feeling hopeful that the doctors would figure out what was wrong with me and I'd be cured. Three long years later, that is not the case and I've lost most of that hope. I was diagnosed with CFS along with secondary hypothyroidism when I was 27. I had been tested for everything under the...
  • Sunvalleygal

B12 Shots???

Anyone take B12 shots for fatigue?I had one today and hopefully it will get me "up" for a few days. Ive been close to housebound.Anyone had success? Anyone been tested for B12 levels in blood work? I'm getting tested next wk for b12 levels.Thx. Sun
  • mega54

Not Sure

I do not have a diagnosis for Chronic Fatigue, or anything else that explains how I have felt for the past 18 months. I have all the symptoms. I am always tired. I am often foggy-brained. Sleep is not refreshing. Achy is starting to feel normal. My throat hurts at random times, but I do not have a coold or the flu.    I have had so many test. None have explained much. My loop recorder...
  • skinnybinny

A weird question

Why is it when I have an infection, like a boil, that I feel better overall?I have been bedridden most of the summer and finally was up for a couple days last week.  Even tried to go to a HS Football game, only made it through an hour and had to leave, but wanted to try for a family member.Then yesterday, even though I didn't sleep well, I woke up feeling pretty good with lots of energy. I tried...
  • cmiat

Change of email

I think I should already know the answer to this, but brain fog.  Is it possible to change your email adress on your profile?  I can't find how to do it and my email is changing whether I like it or not.  Do I have to set up a whole new profile?
  • aussiedi

Hello Any comedians out there ??

How about some giggle therapy. Does anyone know any jokes or funny stories? Laughter is good for everything .Help me out here.
  • LambertLove

New to the group

Hello everyone. I was just diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome and a couple other medical problems.  I'm just wondering how every copes with this. I knew there was something wrong for a long time but finally found a Dr that paid attention. It's hard to function some days there are days I can't get out of bed.  I went from working a great full time job to now only being able to work maybe 2...
  • I had a very good response to florinef, but I can't remain on it.I've met someone using beta blockers with a lot of success and am looking to try that. Anyone with any experience?Also a word of advice. I've met a ton of people who have improvements(not a cure) drinking lots of nuun tablets a day.
  • Corey_Aus

Important recovery tips.

Hey guys,Just wondering if anyone has a particular part of their recovery process along their journey that they believe helped them most. Be it the 'positive attitude' wrap or GET, etc.
  • We are protesting in 25 cities across the globe. From London to San Francisco, Oslo to Buenos Aires, we are coming together in our public spaces and raising their voices online. From our homes and bedrooms we are linking arms to say, we will be invisible no more. #ThisIsMECFS #NIHDidNothing #CDCPostsLies #MEAction #SolveMECFS #ME...
  • 2 minute slideshow of the 25 cities around the world who courageously participated in #MillionsMissing Round 2. My heart is full of immense gratitude for all of the amazing people behind this movement and renewed hope for all of millions missing and the ones that love and care for them. Thanks to them, we continue to be seen...even from our beds.
  • dbergstrom

millions missing 2 videos

3 cities, 9 countries, 4 continents.
  • dbergstrom

Great Video, only 2 Minutes

Millions Missing VideoProtest is only 1 week away.100,000 people joined in on social media in May, please help keep the momentum!
  • article! and links to more good and informative ones at the bottom of that article