Cerebral Palsy Support Group

Cerebral palsy or CP is the most common childhood physical disability. It is a permanent physical condition that affects movement. There is no cure for cerebral palsy, but various forms of therapy can help a person with the disorder to function more effectively. If you or a loved one has cerebral palsy, join the group to share your experience or get advice from others.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Hi! I am new to the group and am busting at the seams. I'm 56 and everything is going fast. First question for now.I work out, strengthening, 3 times a week. Then I ache the rest of the time. I can barely walk and just hurt. My thighs are the worse culprit.I believe strenthening them makes me hurt and hard to walk. push me, pull me! Is this a problem for people?
  • Hello,My name is Ralph, and I have Spastic CP. I will be 50 in October. I am in an electric wheelchair, and have a significant speech impairment.About 3.5 years ago, I got a baclofen pump. I have mixed feelings about it.About two years ago, I had to get an indwelling catheter, as out of the blue I could not urinate anymore. I am sexually active, so I got a supra public cath.Over the last few...
  • sashaluv

cp

hey im a teen with cp
  • Can someone with cerebral palsy Get a medical marijuana card?
  • So my depression has become a problem again and last week I was put on Zoloft as an antidepressant by the nurse at my college. and hours after the first dose I ended up in the ER because apparently some antidepressants can cause muscle spasms, and with my muscles so tight already it got so bad I could barely walk on my own. Needless to say now we're not sure what to try. I was wondering if...
  • teinte411

Argireline and GABA

I just wanted to share something I've been trying for about the past week or two. I was doing some research on the internet for treatments that help CP.First off, I came across Argireline. It comes in a skin cream form and is supposed to be mainly for the face. It works like botox, but not as strong, it only penetrates the first few layers of the skin, unlike botox which goes deeper. (I've...
  • For some background about me, please read my first post titled New to the forum - Katali. I am working on developing an organization whose mission is focused on making real, effective changes for those with Cerebral Palsy regarding therapy, how people are treated by the medical establishment and the public in general, and the lack of research funding...actually the seemingly lack of support,...
  • msmandy0912

Gastro problems

hi everyone,Im a 30 y/o woman with mild cp. lately ive been experiencing more gi problems (slower motility, ibs, gerd), my gi thinks i have a hiatal hernia. anyone else experiencing gi issues too?thanks ;)
  • We all know that our CP gives us a variety of symptoms, and know that "some days are good days, and some days are bad" and that we just have to live with it. But the problem I am having, is that ever since I turned 40, I am having more frequent bad days that seem to come in "bouts" which leave me in pain and exhaustion.I have mild spastic triplegia, which mostly effects my right leg. Now some...
  • kimjones

gathering

I've been thinking about something. I understand with CP it effects different people. Some of us don't leave home much etc. I'm not asking for anyone to sign up, but if there was a video meeting for all the handicaps to join, would you find that interesting or not?
  • I don't know if my hoarder problem is related to my cerebral palsy or not so I thought I should was for help here.I use to not have bathroom problems at all but once I was somewhere between 12 and 14 years old I began having trouble pooping and have to pee almost every hour and little comes out. I never have to go during the night though. I want it to be back to the way it used to be. Should I...
  • Hi,Around 3 months ago i had a botox and now its wearing out and my physio therapist is pushing me too much and not listening to me when I tell her my limit is reached. My body is aching almost all the time due to this even when I'm just sitting and I get upset and irritated very easily .Pls give me some advice on how to deal with the above issues
  • katali

New to the forum - Katali

Hi All,I just found this group yesterday and after reading through some of the posts back to the first one, I decided to join. After reading many posts on this forum yesterday, the discussions echoed a lot of what I have dealt with in life. I was going to start a separate blog on a new site but decided to start here first.Some background about me: I am 59-years-old and the oldest of ten. Was...
  • Hi I'm 19 and have had cerebral palsy since I was born. I don't know what type of cp I have. I have tremors or involuntary movements that affect my arms and hands my left hand is worse than my right. I had physical therapy till I was 17 and still do those stretches but they never showed any interest or concern about my (tremors or involuntary movements?).What kind of thing like tharipy or...
  • I am an adult age 59 1/2 years and I have had a mild case of Cerebral Palsy since birth. My mom said that she was really worried about me when I was born since it took the doctor 15 minutes to remove the mucus from my mouth. I went to a public school until second grade and then I went to a private school - third thru ninth grade and then went to a public school grades `10 - 12 grade. During...