Arthritis Support Group
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic, inflammatory, multisystem, autoimmune disorder. It is a disabling and painful condition which can lead to substantial loss of mobility due to pain and joint destruction.
jewl12
I have been having a lot of back pain lately. I am trying really hard to wait it out for two months till March when I will turn 65 and be on Medicare so I can have some test to see if the pain is coming from my ostio or if there is something else wrong. I went to the doctor last week and she wanted 'to do an x ray but I told her that I couldn't afford it right now. She wanted to make sure that I didn't have a pinched nerve or something. Also right now I'm taking Celebrex for pain. It has been working pretty well till lately but I've found out that when I go to a Part D perscription plan, the one that I am subscribing to, the copay for Celebrex will be $95, which I can not afford. Before I took Celebrex, I took Meloxicam, which will be much cheaper. Do any of you folks take Meloxicam and does it work well for you? I know the doctor will change my perscription. Just wondering what is working for others. I really hate to change because I get the impression that the doctor thinks that the side effects aren't as bad on Celebrex but the cost is out of the question for me.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
Hi... I was just looking for support groups and came across this site. I was just diagnosed with NHL specifically Folicular Lymphoma (Large B-Cell type) and I guess it would just be nice to talk to people who have been through this. I'm 28 F and I'm a new mom, my life has changed drastically in the last two years and now this diagnosis has really gotten me down...I had a CT scan done last week...
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
Here is my posting:
Hello Everyone!
There has been quite a lot of discussion about the changes coming in the laws regarding opiate derived medications for chronic pain. I found a few articles which explain it quite well, and why general practicners do not want to prescribe it to their patients much anymore.
First, the doctors will have to go to extra pain management training classes to be able to dispense opiates. Second, the doctor's records will be scrutinized once a month. On the first item, I think the doctors are just to busy or too lazy to take the necessary courses. On the second item, I think the doctors are scared to death of what their records might reveal.
Of course, I may be wrong about how doctors are handling prescribing pain medications to their patients, but after the last few experiences with my PCPs, I don't think so. Now I have to go to a certified "Pain Management Specialist" which of course will cost me more.
Anyway, if you are interested, here are links to a few of the articles:
http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Con...
http://www.drugs.com/answers/new-la...
http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsr...
Let me know if you have any other information about this subject because it is about to drive me crazy to think that I will have to spend the rest of my life in pain, or argue about it every time I see the doctor.