Arthritis Support Group

Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic, inflammatory, multisystem, autoimmune disorder. It is a disabling and painful condition which can lead to substantial loss of mobility due to pain and joint destruction.

1 Online
  • Hi,I am 15 years old with JIA. I've been diagnosed for 3 years, but I've had symptoms since I was five years old. I recently have started Humira. I usually do a science fair project, but this time I wanted to do it on something I'm passionate about. So I've decided for the topic to be on Arthritis. I need help from others and especially others with this disease to help me come up with a problem...
  • SouthernGirl08

Rheumatoligy appointment

I finally got my appt set, its January 5th.  I will do my best to get through the next several months while i wait to see why my ANA was positive.   I was told i have fibromyalgia back in the late 90's to early 2000.  I never had an positive ANA in all the years since diagnose.  this is all new to me but will learn what i need to when the time comes.  my ANA wasnt to high either so it...
  • milklover

I am just at my wits end. I really do not know what to do. I joined this group with no response. I am going to try again. I have had several injections in my back because the asthritis in my back is very bad. Some days are better  than others and then the pain will kick in.I take TREMIDOL 2ever 6hrs. as needed for pain. Got a STERIOD INJ. in my lower back where I have a disc that i mashing flat...
  • KnowNot

Rheumatologist Appointment

Hi everyone! I have an appointment with a rheumatologist in August. This will be my first appointment with them, and I was wondering what I should expect. I've never really been to a doctor for pain issues before.My general practitioner did some xrays of me and says, from what she can tell, I have osteoarthritis in my knees and shoulders. Also, every one of my disks in my back are...
  • I got into a car accident in 2013 ever sense my knee has not been the same. I have chrondromalacia patella and arthritis.This has really ruined my life I have had to quit jobs and I became addicted to perocet because of it.I'm now clean and take a high dose of ibprofen.My knee also grinds and I feel like I have to pop it to get relief.Does anyone have any suggestions for the pain?
  • sweetpea222

in so much pain

i have oesto arthritis in my knee. i had a injection a few weeks ago in it to doctor told me to rest it for a couple of days to give the injection time to work. but my partner refused to help me at was 3 days before we was due to go on holiday and as you can guess alot to do. my knee has got worse. my elder brother wanted a wardrobe and bed from my lates aunts house i kept telling...
  • I just got my old user name I am no longer bigtimefun...but billwfriend again....woot woot
  • but the changes I could not get in under old name yet and so created new account...anyway I had my surgery on left shoulder Tuesday...they did nerve block and it was weird to be paralyzed on arm but could move fingers....LOL I came out of nerve block last night around 8pm and pain has been below 4 since...took Aleve last night and again norco this morning but I know I probably don't...
  • akacountrygirl

Arthritis runs in my family but.....I can't remember one time where someone hurt so badly that they complained. Are we getting weak>??
  • Dawter

Arthritis in Hands & Feet

I have osteoarthritis in the base of my thumbs. My feet hurt too. It started with plantar fasciitis. When I went for a full body scan, they said my feet have arthritis too. Is it not odd that both hands and both feet have it? Does anyone else have it in both their hands and feet?
  • awinstontn

New here.

Hi, just joined conversation. Diagnosed a month ago in 4 areas. Family connection with arthritis 4 generations back. Just trying to deal everyday with exercises, food, and when I can't take pain, ibuprofen.
  • linda50

Swelling in right hand around thumb area

I am a 58 year old woman who has arthritis, I have had two neck surgeries two shots in one knee,, having a lot of pain in my thumb area on my right hand with swelling hoping that it's just going to be a cortisone shot and I'll be good to go. I have been told that I have DDD, which I know that I do I'm just wondering cuz it just keep going on and on like what is going to happen next. what's going...
  • deleted_user

is there a cure for arthritis?

i have Arthritis in my neck, ive been told by the doctor that i have to keep doing neck exercises or my neck will stiff up. Im worried that it will get worse when im older. Just wondering if there is a cure for it.
  • biglon

I'm a New Kid On The Block

I was just recently Dx'd with RA. So I am new to this group and the disease.Hope I can give and receive good info from the group. I was referred by my Oncologist to a Rheumatologist that I will see for the first time in a few weeks. I don't know what to expect. I have in addition a Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma called Waldenstrom that has been in remission since 2007. I find it interesting that the...
  • linda50

Horrible support group!

No one ever gets back to you. Know one ever answers questions The site is slow! I'm moving to a better GROUP,WASTE OF TIME HERE!