Aneurysms Support Group

An aneurysm (or aneurism) is localized, blood-filled dilation (bulge) of a blood vessel caused by disease or weakening of the vessel wall. Aneurysms most commonly occur in arteries at the base of the brain and in the aorta - this is an aortic aneurysm. This bulge in a blood vessel can burst and lead to death at any time.

1 Online
1 Online
  • Hello to anyone on here who suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm. My question is, is depression normal after such an event? I feel hopeless. I have daily headaches and working in the health field I refuse to call my docs because they have no answers. Unless I collapse again, I'm not seeking help. I just have learned to live with them, but I have no desire to do anything I did before this event. I...
  • headaches

Tiny aneurysms

I have been dealing with horrable headaches 3 to 4 days a week for months. I just found out I have a tiny aneurysm 1mm. My Dr. says there is no way this could cause my headaches because it is to small. I also have double vision when I look to the side or if I'm lying down. Has anyone had symptoms with a tiny aneurysms? Or is it all in my head and not really in my head.
  • eml16

Help! Aortic aneurysm

Hi, I've been diagnosed with a thoracic aortic aneurysm. It's related to the heart surgery I had as a kid to repair coarctation of the aorta. My doctor has been leaning more towards a stent graft but there are complications due to the location as well as a narrow aorta from my childhood repair, and it would probably be placed across the left subclavian artery. To deal with this, he's talked about...
  • WhiteDolphin

Where is everyone?

Sorry, I'm just freaking out and wish this board had more activity so I could get some kind of advice from anyone who can relate to me.37yrs old. 1yr ago ECHO found a thoracic aortic aneurysm at the aortic root, of the ascending aorta. 3.1cmat the ECHO 6 months prior to that I did NOT have any aneurysmSo what happened in 6 months?????I just had my 1 year follow up ECHO, and have tried not to...
  • Any advice / stories would help.
  • Hi all, So I have had my CT & Echo imaging done at Stanford last week. The aortic aneurysm, at the mid-ascending aorta has advanced from 4.4cm to 4.7cm. The cardiologists impression of my pulmonary aneurysm was "moderate to severely enlarged" at 4.2cm which I suspect is due to the rarity of this condition and the lack of objective evidence as to what is safe & not safe for a pulmonary aneurysm -...
  • aneurysm on arota ascending thoracic is 4.5 cm anyone else have or had one. Praying for all.
  • Hello everyone. I've already had open heart surgery for an acute type 1(or type A) aortic dissection (large annie). I now have a second dissection (type B)10 mths later due to a connective tissue disorder. I'm having 2 surgeries at the Cleveland Clinic to correct my diseased aorta, one 5/22 and the 2nd after I heal from the first. Anyone have an "elephant trunk" repair & what was their...
  • In February of this year I had the most horrible headache that I've ever experienced. I just couldn't stand up and I thought I was going to pass out from the pain. I was taken to the ER and my blood pressure was very high 180/110. I suffer from hbp due to polycystic kidney disease. The Doctors modified my meds by increasing a dose and felt better, but in April I was getting a pinch combined with...
  • I'm waiting for the phone call to schedule my surgery consultation. The aneurysm has doubled in size over 3 years from 3mm to 6mm. Pretty scared, went on FMLOA yesterday, trying to busy myself with things and not dwell on the what-ifs, but it's hard.
  • deleted_user

sneezing...

I probably sneeze at least 12 times a day...it makes me so paranoid...it seems like the pressure on the brain would be harmful to my poor lil anny. I wonder if there is any stats out there that sneezing is bad for those with aneurysms.
  • aladyur

popliteal annresym

Anyone with this. Just diagnosed. Thanks for any advise, treatment options.
  • Hi All:I have found out I have a 6 mm aneurysm in my brain. Like some of you also experienced, I was told about this in the manner of "Your car needs a tune up". I am totally devastated and terrified. One thing that scares me is that two relatives died under 60 years of age from ruptured ones and I am now 53 and the mom of three. I have two opinions from surgeons saying do the clipping. So on...
  • Have any of you had an external to internal bypass with carotid artery sacrifice to starve off a giant aneurysm. It was my only option. Just wanting to meet up with others if I can. Pat
  • Howdy,One year ago on 9/11 I went to the Emergency room for a horrible headache that did not feel right. In short, I had an aneurysm burst in the brain behind my left eye area. After a 28 day stay in the hospital, (clipping was done) I am so happy to say that I am doing extremely well. My Dr. has placed me on Adderall due to a few memory/attention issues. I guess what I would like to know is:Does...