Aneurysms Support Group

An aneurysm (or aneurism) is localized, blood-filled dilation (bulge) of a blood vessel caused by disease or weakening of the vessel wall. Aneurysms most commonly occur in arteries at the base of the brain and in the aorta - this is an aortic aneurysm. This bulge in a blood vessel can burst and lead to death at any time.

0 Online
  • tiyana00

Subarachnoid hemorrhage

I just had an aneurysym that burst in my brain. I am only 39 and scared to death now. I was in the hospital for a month and just got out. Anyone else have this that can tell me what to expect after. I am now having pain in my right foot and headaches. I know they say the headaches are normal and will subside at some point but this pain in my leg just started and wasn't there in the hospital. 
  • Riaria

Hey

Well well ! My story.... Sept 1 2017 i suffered a double annerism ( only one burst) followed by a small stroke. A 5 hr Brain surgery came next to clean up the ruptured one and clip the other.  After a few attempts at lumbar drains they decided to put a shunt in to drain my excess cbf.  That was 3 weeks ago.... I am home now but suffering with headaches and I’m pretty emotional
  • DebW

Is there anyone who is still using this group?

Hello everyone, I see very little activity in this group, and that's a real shame. People like me who are new and looking for some sort of support are looking for help in this group. People who have been in the group a long time have a lot of "experience" to offer. I realize every circumstance is different, and everyone will not have the same diagnosis or prognosis, but just being able to talk...
  • yankee1956

Sorry meant aneurysm on aorta

Any advice / stories would help.
  • BunnyM

Brain aneurysm and depression

Hi. I'm also new to the group. I have 3 brain aneurysms, having had stents put on two, and a craniotomy done on the third to have a clip put on. (Thankfully, no ruptures) All of this happened a little over a year ago. The question I have is, is it commom to have such a change in moods, personality, anxiety? I feel I am so depressed, have panic attacks regularly, am extremely claustrophobic, and...
  • 10 months ago i suffered a type a dissection and have a new arch and grafed to desending.still dissecting to iliacs witn a dissecting aneurysm above right leg 3.2,i also have a mechanical valve. Very concerned about dissecting aneurysm above leg. Does anyone no when they operate and what size if its already dissecting. Thanku
  • DebW

Aortic root aneurysm

Hello everyone. I'm new to this group, but have been reading a lot of comments in this group, and other forums or support groups.I have been diagnosed with an aortic root aneurysm that is 5.7cm, I have a bicuspid valve, which I am understanding is the reason for the aneurysm (or one reason). I am 61yrs young, and wanting to continue sharing life with my family. I have fought obesity most of my...
  • navyspouse

Ruptured aneurysm

I had a ruptured aneurysm on 2/15/17 at 26 weeks pregnant. Dr said it is ok to fly home. Back in San Diego is my husband. The only family I have there. I'm scared that it will happen again while it's just me and my kids. How do you deal with the thought that it can happen again and no one is there to call 911. 
  • yankee1956

Just found out aneurysm om arota

aneurysm on arota ascending thoracic is 4.5 cm anyone else have or had one. Praying for all.
  • mari2824

Survivor

Hello, I'm 28years old and suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm in october 2016 while I was 7months pregnant and during surgery to fix the aneurysm I suffered a stroke thankfully I had my baby on January 6th 2017. I have been looking for a support group and happy I found this group here because I feel like I get depressed and scared of having another aneurysm. I need another surgery to put my bone...
  • kaitlyn123

Dissecting Brain Aneurysm

Hi, I am a survivor of a dissecting brain aneurysm in my right vetebral artery. Is there anyone on this site who has experience something similar? I would love to talk to you about your experience and how you are dealing with it after the fact. 
  • pjfrench

just found out i have a 10mm aneurysm

They say it's behind my left eye and i have to admitt im pretty scared about how it's all going to work out
  • deleted_user

What type of aneurysms does this group relate to?

I have a splenic artery aneurysm. I was wondering if this support group covers aneurysms other than brain aneurysms/
  • deleted_user

Any survivors of a splenic artery aneurysm?

I'm wondering if anybody out there survived a ruptured SAA? I survived one two years ago, just a month after giving birth to my second son. Apparently they are more common in women than men, and when a woman has one they are extremely likely to rupture during the pregnancy and the baby almost always dies. Only 6% of the time do they rupture post-partum, and somehow i got lucky and was one of...
  • Hanzbanz83

Getting fed up....

I was admitted to hospital in feb this year and after a ct scan it came back that i have 2 aneurysms.. 1 is 8mm and the 2nd is 4mm..was told  would need surgery and told i would b called in, in due course!! I am starting to get pissed off as i am not getting anything done and my surgeon is fobbing me off i feel! How long did any off u wait? Xx