Alopecia Areata Support Group

Alopecia areata ("baldness in spots") is a form of hair loss from areas of the body, usually from the scalp. Because it causes bald spots on the head especially in the first stages, it is also called spot baldness. Hair loss can extend to eyebrows, eyelashes and facial and nasal hair and create more bald spots elsewhere in the body.

0 Online
  • Middleschoolstruggled

Middle school

any advice for surviving middle school wearing a wig with alopecia? I really need someone to talk to. If u can gice me advice that would be great... Im even willing to give you my number if you are up to it. I just need somebody i can talk to and relieve myanxiety and stress. Stress makes my hair fall out but situationshave happened where im not always comfortable at school. Help?
  • taymoham

advice??

Hey I'm taylor!! I'm 15 and i'm just looking for someone to talk to who understands what i'm going through. I lost every strand of hair on my body in first grade and it didn't fully grow all the way back until 7th grade. but now i'm in 10th grade and the dreaded alopecia is back. like most people, my parents try to give advice but have no idea what i'm going through and it's hard. my alopecia has...
  • hello, I’ve had alopecia for about 5 months now. I used to have long, thick, curly hair but lost half of it in a matter of weeks, had to cut it to try to hide the bald spots and had a very difficult time emotionally. Then my hair started growing back in some spots and that was amazing! But now some of those new hairs are falling out again and I am once again struggling not to cry and stress and...
  • wigginout

Im new to this hair loss too

I have been losing my hair for 5 weeks now. I have 14 holes on my head.It is getting harder to cover them up. I too have had blood tests to check my thyroid leveland it is fine. I am asking my dermatologist for a possible biopsy to find out what type of alopecia i have.I also started cortisone treements 2 weeks ago. The more I read and go onto peoples blog sites I am hearing the same...
  • hadenoughofthis

Autoimmune disease and hair loss

i have made 2 previous posts, the first stating that at age 24 I was diagnosed with R/A, Rhumatoid arthritis for those that didn't already know. This is an auto immune disease and my rheumatologist told me years ago when I was in my late 20s that I had it worse than most of his 60-70-80 yr old patients. Why did that happen to me?? Idk, but from what I've read I see a lot of people associating...
  • Bellabbrink

16 and just diagnosed

Hello! my name is Bella and i'm 16 and going into my junior year of high school and was diognosed yesterday. I'm having a really hard time accepting this diognosis. At the moment i just have a small spot that is easy to cover but the idea of loosing more hair that i cant hide is very scary to me, especially as a teen. I already have eczema and a stutter that set me apart from my peers and i dont...
  • there are some auto correct words in that long rant of mine but I'm sure you guys can figure out what I'm saying. Also, about the weight loss, the actual number is 223lbs down to my lowest of 158lbs at my sickest time. All within about 4-5 weeks!!That's 65lbs!!! The Drs and myself FREAKED OUT, I'm currently only up to between 170-175 and still EXTREMELY uncomfortable. My goal is to get to at...
  • hadenoughofthis

My horrible hair and weight loss

My hair losshey guys, I'm new to this as of today and wanted to tell a little bit of my story after reading so many about different people and their hair loss. I'm now 32, at age 24 I was diagnosed with SEVERE R/A, I started with humera, then enbrel and finally went to remicade infusions. I was on them about 8 months when I noticed a quarter sized spot on the back of my head where the hair was...
  • Free1209

Day3

I was diagnosed with alopecia 2 days ago. I 've been doing nothing but crying. No one in my family has this and well I'm scared to let my family know. It's harder to keep it from my friends. I need someone to talk to so that I don't go crazy. My mind is constantly turning on what I can do to help it. Thinking of all the possibilities and hoping I haven't missed one. Question is how did everyone...
  • deleted_user

Need a comfy wig!!!

I've tried most of the popular brands, and used different wig caps...but they all become itchy and annoying after a short while. Is there a secret to wearing a wig that I might not be aware of? I have Alopecia and have very thin hair that makes me look bald all over my scalp. I would like to wear a wig again since people seem to react different to me when I have one on, otherwise they think I'm...
  • rut010

I`m devastated

Hi everyone, I`m 23 yo female , I recently discovered that I have alopecia areata , I already made an appointment at dermatologist but I know what the answer is . I was so proud of my thick hair , medium, healthy a lot of baby hair everywhere never thought i would go true something like this .My mom discovered it by mistake , I asked her to die it and she was shocked . I still can't believe it ....
  • lonelyscorpio

New to hair loss

Hi,I have been losing my hair for 3 weeks now, I used to have full thick beautiful hair and now have lost about 2/3 of it. Blood tests show nothing wrong with me. I have 2 bald spots on each side. I am a hairdresser by trade ( I don't work as a hairdresser though.)So my hair is very important to me, losing it is doing a NUMBER on me emotionally.I have no idea what is causing it or if it will ever...
  • meekaannboyd

help plz im breaking down

im hurting so bad this first started when i was thirteen and now im twenty and its happning agin .... im just at a loss for hope
  • Nina.9

my stroy

https://www.gofundme.com/funds-for-alopeciaif everyone could take a minute and read my story and possibly share it i would apreciate it a lot! thanks everyone
  • Hi all,Just want to spread the word that topically rubbing ginger juice on my alopecia areata patch (on the beard I’m a guy) regrew my hair (which hasn’t regrown by itself for 2 years). After just few weeks I started to see some lost hair growing back and after about 4 months all hair regrew.resolvealopecia.wordpress.com(if for any reason the link is broken search in google ‘resolvealopecia...