Alopecia Areata Support Group

Alopecia areata ("baldness in spots") is a form of hair loss from areas of the body, usually from the scalp. Because it causes bald spots on the head especially in the first stages, it is also called spot baldness. Hair loss can extend to eyebrows, eyelashes and facial and nasal hair and create more bald spots elsewhere in the body.

0 Online
0 Online
  • lonelyscorpio

New to hair loss

Hi,I have been losing my hair for 3 weeks now, I used to have full thick beautiful hair and now have lost about 2/3 of it. Blood tests show nothing wrong with me. I have 2 bald spots on each side. I am a hairdresser by trade ( I don't work as a hairdresser though.)So my hair is very important to me, losing it is doing a NUMBER on me emotionally.I have no idea what is causing it or if it will ever...
  • helenb29

Advice Please

Hello, I have been suffering with alopecia areata for a few years now and have been through almost every treatment possible with no results! I have lost the hair to the front and sides of my scalp and am looking for options of hair pieces that would be suitable. I dont want to go for a full wig as I have thick hair everywhere else but need something that looks natural.
  • I've tried most of the popular brands, and used different wig caps...but they all become itchy and annoying after a short while. Is there a secret to wearing a wig that I might not be aware of? I have Alopecia and have very thin hair that makes me look bald all over my scalp. I would like to wear a wig again since people seem to react different to me when I have one on, otherwise they think I'm...
  • puffster

Hair Club Xtrands

Hi,Has anyone had the Xtrands done? I'm wondering how often you have to add hair, how much they charge for the maintenance, and how it looks. I have read complaints about the cost and the sales pressure at the Hair a club but haven't seen many complaints about the products. I was told the initial price is $3,195 but they won't tell me how much it will cost to maintain. Any information would be...
  • rapsea

Hair Regrowth

Have had alopecia for a long time.. hair is regrown.. but grey.. any one know how to color that hair to make it match the rest of my hair? have resulted to color stick.. If anyone knows how to color this type of hair and it has worked please let me know.. Thank you,Scott
  • im hurting so bad this first started when i was thirteen and now im twenty and its happning agin .... im just at a loss for hope
  • ray2600

need your help

My wife is in 50's she is loosing her hair from the top and in some pots and sides .she is realaly worried , we went to hair club of men but were not sure and also not sure of bosley institute also any help will be helpful
  • deleted_user

Daughter and I

Hi, I am a mom of 6 kids...one of them is my 13 year old daughter who has been struggling with alopecia. This happened almost a year ago when chunks of hair began to come out at the nape of her hairline...then soon it became worse until she lost all her hair except a strip like the old men get from one ear to the other....I ended up shaving that off for her just to make her look a little...
  • I'm a 55-year-old woman whose first-ever patches appeared last October. My general practitioner said it was due to stress and referred me on to a dermatologist. My dermatologist then diagnosed me in January with alopecia areata and prescribed a topical steroid treatment which, over a six-week period, really had no effect. March 1st I started a version of the Paleo diet -- I'm maybe 98%...
  • In fact, there are a few ways in which you can apply your lace wigs; one is to use an auxiliary liquid glue, and also the manufacturing of other double-sided adhesive tape being used. Most retailers sell lace wig together with a binder, so you can not have any dilemma decides 1, will work with your wig. If there is no self-adhesive With lace wig, then you may have to choose any sort of bonding is...
  • Kitchens For Sale London. Thirty Ex Display Kitchens To Clear. www.exdisplaykitchens1.co.uk 595 Each with appliances. Tel 01616-694785
  • red40rose

suction cap wigs

recently purchased a synthetic weaved wig for my 8 year old daughter as its her first wig, feels like straw and i hate it, i want to buy her a suction cap wig with real hair, the ones you can swim in, interested in hearing from any1 who has one or knows of them.
  • deleted_user

Hair Regrowth

My hair is beginning to regrow and I always told myself I would post on a forum to tell everyone what exactly I did to get some regrowth. So a bit of background on my AA story. I am a 20 year old college male and I first noticed a quarter sized bald spot on the back right of my head in March of 2014. I had long hair at the time so it was pretty easy to cover up and I didn't think much of it other...
  • MixedBerries

Hello! New here

Just an introduction! I'm here for my girlfriend. She has alopecia universalis and lost all the hair on her body before we met. She's recently becoming more comfortable being bald around others, though she naturally still has issues with her appearance. I think she's amazingly gorgeous, especially without a wig. She's really open talking about it and it's effects on her life, so I feel that I...
  • I am currently getting ready to look for a new job. I am on unemployment and have been making do on $100.00 per week. My hair is very, very thin and I can't style it to cover the bald spots. Does anyone know I place I can get a wig that looks natural and is cheap. Everything I look at is not in my price range. I'm in a catch 22 of needing my hair to look good for interview but can not afford...