Alcoholism Support Group
Alcoholism is the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages, even when it is negatively affecting your health, work, relationships and life. If you think alcohol is causing you to lose control, it's time to seek help. Our group is a safe place to vent, check in, get back up if you fall, and reach sobriety.
crazygravy
Just wanted to say a couple things that helped me early on. The first was from my Aftercare counselor. We had always been told relapse is part of the disease, and for some it is and they get through it and come back stronger. For me it was the wrong thing to hear. I would drink then go in to aftercare and say I'd relapsed. One day my counselor called B.S. Said I was just choosing to keep drinking. Pissed me of and I never went back. That statement stuck with me though. And helped me stop all together a few years later. Keeps me there today.
Second was something I read somewhere in the big book: Many people say they can't help but drink and do drugs. Look at all the bad things that have happened to them. Here's what I read that helped me. Something to the effect of its not the bad stuff that happens in your life that puts you on whatever path your on but how you choose to deal with it. For some 30 years I chose the wrong way
Bob
Second was something I read somewhere in the big book: Many people say they can't help but drink and do drugs. Look at all the bad things that have happened to them. Here's what I read that helped me. Something to the effect of its not the bad stuff that happens in your life that puts you on whatever path your on but how you choose to deal with it. For some 30 years I chose the wrong way
Bob
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
Dick Van Dyke’s path to sobriety was a turning point in his life and career. Here’s what happened:How He Got SoberStruggles and Realization: Van Dyke began drinking as a teenager, largely to cope with shyness and social anxiety. Alcohol made him feel more comfortable in social settings, but over time, his drinking spiraled out of control. By his mid-40s, he recognized that he had an addictive...
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...

It's a lighthearted joke in AA. Sobriety needs to be fun otherwise we wouldn't stay sober. It means that journey's not over, it's one day at a time and to keep working your program.
If he said he was 20 years sober I would tell him the 21st is the hardest.
Booze lated congrats on 15 years
P
Ha thats one hell of a Freudian slip...autotype foiled me. I meant to say belated congrats...
P