Widows & Widowers Support Group
This community is dedicated to those who have lost a husband, wife, or partner. Anything is open for discussion here, with the hope that we can focus on grief, bereavement, life after loss, and continuing on after a great loss.
TimLovesMelissa
Hey, did anyone get the license plate number of that bus that ran me over today?! Holy cow, this has been one rough Monday. I started off in a somber mood, just because it is a Monday and getting back into the routine of work. I sent an email to my brother and friend to share with them the song I heard over the weekend (Thank you lininsocal!). It's my new favorite song, but I can't listen to it without breaking down. Normally that would be a good thing, since I have found an outlet that can help me grieve. But I learned today that listening to this song to start my work day is a bad idea. It went down hill from there.
We started scrapping major sections of airplanes that we are building. One in particular is a military model, and this is going to really through us off schedule. Everyone is going to be jumping through hoops just to try to make this back up. Some information flowing in between shops was screwed up, so Ill have to fight to get that all corrected. Nothing that I cant usually handle, but today it was piling up faster than I could keep up with it.
My youngest son called me with a problem during that time as well. He is watching a neighbors dog for a few days while they are on vacation. One of the things he is supposed to do is use their hose to spray some stuff off. He called to tell me that the nozzle was broke on the hose, and that it wasnt broke yesterday when he used it. I told him not to worry about, and that we would fix it tonight.
I was starting to feel pressure at work, because I could not stay late to fix all that was going on. My youngest son also had an eye appointment as soon as I could get home and take him. Then my oldest son called to tell me that he was just in a car wreck. Someone was texting while driving and hit him. Luckily he was not hurt, and his truck is still drivable. Its just going to need a spare tire for now; at least until we can figure out what all is wrong with it. He had some friends that helped him, and he was able to come home and use my car.
I may have tire tracks down my back, but Im still standing! I can, and will deal with this. When I stop and think about it, the worst thing that could happen to me has already happened. My wife (better half) has died. This is just all the little aggravating stuff that gets to us sometimes. Thanks for letting me vent!
We started scrapping major sections of airplanes that we are building. One in particular is a military model, and this is going to really through us off schedule. Everyone is going to be jumping through hoops just to try to make this back up. Some information flowing in between shops was screwed up, so Ill have to fight to get that all corrected. Nothing that I cant usually handle, but today it was piling up faster than I could keep up with it.
My youngest son called me with a problem during that time as well. He is watching a neighbors dog for a few days while they are on vacation. One of the things he is supposed to do is use their hose to spray some stuff off. He called to tell me that the nozzle was broke on the hose, and that it wasnt broke yesterday when he used it. I told him not to worry about, and that we would fix it tonight.
I was starting to feel pressure at work, because I could not stay late to fix all that was going on. My youngest son also had an eye appointment as soon as I could get home and take him. Then my oldest son called to tell me that he was just in a car wreck. Someone was texting while driving and hit him. Luckily he was not hurt, and his truck is still drivable. Its just going to need a spare tire for now; at least until we can figure out what all is wrong with it. He had some friends that helped him, and he was able to come home and use my car.
I may have tire tracks down my back, but Im still standing! I can, and will deal with this. When I stop and think about it, the worst thing that could happen to me has already happened. My wife (better half) has died. This is just all the little aggravating stuff that gets to us sometimes. Thanks for letting me vent!
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
Hugs2U and prayers for a better day..week..Linda
I think someone up in Heaven is so proud what a great Dad you are and how you handled it all.
You need to write down every detail as I think you could sell this as a movie script even a series.
Pray you have a lot of nice surprises today and things click for you.
You are strong and have courage many of us feel like ROCKY we keep getting back up and are still standing.
have a wonderful day your sweetie is watching you and helping you I am sure.